SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Re: Why gives "k = 09" a syntax error ?

On 10/29/08, Stef Mientki wrote: > hello, > > Why gives "k = 09" a syntax error > 09 is not a valid octal number. Instead use 011. Ok, I guess you were not aware that prefixing a ...

Posted On: Saturday 10th of November 2012 06:36:22 AM Total Views:  169
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

PSSC: Phone Screen Sequential Capture   (98 Views)
Hi group, PSSC allow to see the Symbian S60 phone's display on a window of your Linux PC , using bluetooth connections. Here is the webpage and a video showing the standard scenario: http://mulinux.sunsite.dk/python/pssc.html Best regards, Michele Andreoli...
RE: I'm missing something here with range vs. xrange   (102 Views)
>90+ seconds What hardware, OS, and Python version What else was >running in the background >With this kit: >OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional >Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 >Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 36 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ...
Problem with generator expression and class definition   (207 Views)
I faced a strange behavior with generator expression, which seems like a bug, for both python 2.4 and 2.5 : >>> class A : .... a = 1, 2, 3 .... b = 1, 2, 3 .... C = list((e,f) ...
newbie:this program stops responding after pressing quit button   (118 Views)
I am using windows vista and python 2.5 .This program stops responding after pressing quit button. I am not able to figure the problem out. please help. from Tkinter import * def greeting( ): print ' stdout world!...' win = ...
are u here   (170 Views)
Dear Sir/Madam We are one of the largest wholesalers in China who mainly sell stylish electronic product and equipment such as Digital Cameras, Mobile Phone, Laptops, Mp4, GPS, Digital Video and bulk products such as LCD TV, Motorcycles, Binoculars and ...
how to change current working directory while using pdb within emacs   (151 Views)
I have written a pyhton script that will process data file in current working directory. My script is in an different directory to data file. When I debug this script using pdb within emacs, emacs will change the current working ...
[ANN] pysqlite 2.4.0 released   (117 Views)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 pysqlite 2.4.0 released ======================= I'm pleased to announce the availability of pysqlite 2.4.0. This is a release with major new features. Go to http://pysqlite.org/ for downloads, online documentation and reporting bugs. What is pysqlite ...
png transparency with PIL   (130 Views)
I'm trying to determine the transparency information for a png image. With gif images I can determine the colour that is used for transparent areas using im.info['transparency']. For the png images of interest there is no such entry in the ...
Finding out what other tasks are running   (144 Views)
Is there a cross-platform of determining what other processes (or in Windows terms, other applications) are running Is it possible in a cross-platform way to ask some other application to shut down, wait a while, and then test to see ...
ANN: PyInkblot - Creating Rorschach Inkblots using Genetic Algorithms   (168 Views)
Hi , I've been working on a 'toy' application for the past month or so called PyInkblot. Simply mirroring a random plotting of half of a grid onto the second half, you can create pictures that look 'organic' like Rorschach ...
Loop three lists at the same time?   (137 Views)
Hi all, I have three lists with the same length. Is there any method to loop the three lists without a loop counter Best regards, Davy...
module cwiid and threading: how to use cwiid.Wiimote without blocking   (210 Views)
I'm using the module cwiid to conncet to a wiimote. import cwiid wiimote = cwiid.Wiimote() This function is blocking: It waits until it could sucessfully connect to a device or until 20 seconds passed without sucessful connection. As I ...
multiple threads with Logging: ValueError: I/O operation on closedfile   (159 Views)
OS: Solaris 9 Python Version: 2.4.4 I need to log certain data in a worker thread; however, I am getting an error now when I use two worker threads. I think the problem comes from the line logging.info('Thread Object (%d) ...
SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer accepts clients outside server_forever   (135 Views)
, SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer accepts connections (clients can connect) before and after it's server_forever method is called, see below for an example. IMHO it should only accept connections while server_forever is running. Kind regards, Okko Example, both _socket.connect calls should throw; import ...
File names are changed into capital letter in Python CE and WM5   (176 Views)
Yesterday, I installed PythonCE on my cellphone whose OS is Windows Mobile 5.I wanted to use numpy as calculation tool.But after I copy numpy module in my desktop computer into my phone,I find many file names in directory \numpy were ...
Spring Python 0.8.0 has been released/Spring Python goes green   (159 Views)
Spring Python, the python version of the Spring Framework, has just released version 0.8.0. This release contains a refactored IoC container supporting four formats (XMLConfig, PythonConfig/@Object, PyContainerConfig, and SpringJavaConfig); replacement of the term "component" with "object" in all APIs, classnames, ...
Re: [Python-Dev] Why don't range and xrange threat floats as floats?   (205 Views)
Matthieu Brucher wrote: > 2008/11/5 L V : >> Why don't range and xrange threat floats as floats >> Is there any good reason range and xrange don't threat floats as floats but >> as integers >> When I enter ...
Anyone in the Houston / College Station / Austin area? Looking to dosome sprints / joint projects.   (210 Views)
, I'm in Houston/College Station/Austin quite often and I'm looking for other coders to do some joint projects with, share experiences, or do some sprints. Let me know if you're interested.
Efficient way to remove objects from a list   (165 Views)
Hi all, Today I wrote some code like this: for m in self.messages: if not m.finished: continue #process the message fini = [m for m in self.messages if m.finished] for m in fini: self.messages.remove(m) As you can, I want to ...
about recursive load   (188 Views)
am very newbie in Python, but as part of a project i need to load configuration -a settings.py file in the package dir- of my apps recursively, something like this: settings.load_config("project.test.app") settings.load_config("project.test.*") settings.load_config("project.test") settings.load_config("*") this allows me to load ...