SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Re: exec and func_code

En Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:55:43 -0300, Prepscius, Colin (IT)
escribi:

> Actually, thx to Gabrielle Genellina, who wrote earlier:

Ehmm... my name is actually Gabriel, and last time I checked, I was a male

--
Gabriel Genellina

Posted On: Wednesday 7th of November 2012 01:37:13 PM Total Views:  405
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

creating a dictionary from a dictionary with regex   (159 Views)
I am trying to create a dictionary from a dictionary which the help of regex to identify which keys to select. I have something like this but I feel its long and not the fastest solution ... could someone contribute import re d= {'line2.qty':2, 'line3.qty':1, 'line5.qty':12, 'line2.item':'5c-BL Battery', 'line3.item':'N73', 'line5.item':'Screen Cover'} collected = [k[:5] for k in d if re.match('^line\d+\.qty',k)] for i in collected: d2 = {} for k in d: if re.match('^%s\.\D+' % i, k): d2[k] = d[k] print d2
Re: How to decompress .Z file?   (201 Views)
On Monday 20 August 2007, Hyunchul Kim wrote: > all > > How can .Z file be decompressed > > According to python library reference, .Z file might not be supported by > python, yet. The GNU zip program (gzip) supports .Z and .z archives, so if you only wantto support UNIX-like systems you could simply look for a program named "gunzip" or "uncompress" and use that. See also: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pyt...ay/261669.html The format is now so antiquated (replaced almost totally with zlib/gzip compression) that I doubt you'll see it in python, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LZW seams to sport a python implementation. --
Re: advice about `correct' use of decorator   (231 Views)
On 8/16/07, Gerardo Herzig wrote: > @is_logued_in > def change_pass(): > bla > bla > > And so on for all the other functions who needs that the user is still > loged in. > > where obviosly the is_logued_in() function will determine if the dude is > still loged in, and THEN execute change_pass(). If the dude is not loged > in, change_pass() is NOT executed at all. Instead, it will be redirected > to the `login' screen. I think this is redundant use of a decorator. You can achieve the exact same effect by writing: def is_logued_in(): if not user.is_logged_in(): raise NotLoggedInError It costs you one more line, but reduces complexity. And if you are worried about that extra line you can put it in a function. -- mvh Bjrn
Accessing Windows Network Share?   (183 Views)
I previously posted about accessing SharePoint over the web. Well I have since given up any easy means of doing this, since something else has perked my interest. Instead of going to http://sharepoint/site, why not just access \\sharepoint\site\ directly So my question is this - How do I access that network share If I go to start -> run, and type in "\\SharPointServer\Site\Folder", windows explorer will pop up with it. I suppose I could have a little batch script that python runs to map the drive to a local letter, like J:, but this does not seem necessary. Suggestions This does not work, for obvious reasons: >>> import glob.glob >>> glob.glob("\\\\server\\folder\\*") []
replacement for string.printable   (190 Views)
>From what I have read the string module is obsolete and should not be used but I am working on a project that parses printable files created in a DOS program and creates a web page for each file. I am using the string.printable constant to determine which characters should be kept; the files contain many print control codes. There seems to be nothing like this in the string methods. isalnum() seems the nearest but gives false for '+' '!' etc. I realise I could define a global string to cover this but wondered if there was another, better, way
Re: All names in the current module   (192 Views)
Fabio Z Tessitore wrote: > to get names' list you can simply call globals() Not strictly true. globals() returns the current's scope global vars. If you import a module in the current scope globals() won't display the names inside it. -- Lawrence, oluyede.org - neropercaso.it "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
retrieving ATOM/FSS feeds   (186 Views)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 I'm using feedparser library to parser ATOM/RSS feeds. However, I don't get the entire post! but only summaries! How do I retrieve the entire feed I believe that the parser library should have support for doing that or the specification should detail how it can be done Or should I simply get the feed link and do HTML scraping - -- _ _ _]{5pitph!r3}[_ _ _ __________________________________________________ I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb. � - Richard P Feynman -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux) Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org iD8DBQFGv77mA0th8WKBUJMRAk80AJ9VCIBXIZVhuPtT7bfY4dRrM15H+gCeOVJG 77Zbl8jmWPsp4QjP85Lbwbc= =Ho+8 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Formatting Results so that They Can be Nicely Imported into a Spreadsheet.   (212 Views)
Hi . Let's say I have some badly formatted text called doc: doc= """ friendid Female 23 years old Los Gatos United States friendid Male 24 years old San Francisco, California United States """ How would I get these results to be displayed in a format similar to: friendid;Female;23 years old;Los Gatos;United States friendid;Male; 24 years old;San Francisco, California;United States The latter is a lot easier to organize and can be quickly imported into Excel's column format.
File handle not being released by close   (213 Views)
I'm in the process of writing some code and noticed a strange problem while doing so. I'm working with PythonWin 210 built for Python 2.5. I noticed the problem for the last py file processed by this script, where the concerned tmp file is only actually written to when PythonWin is closed. In other words, after I run this script, one of the generated tmp files has a size of 0kB. I then close PythonWin and it is then written to. I'm guessing the garbage collector is causing the file to be written, but shouldn't close do this /Barry import os, time, string dir = 'c:\\temp1' def listFile(fileNames,dir,files): def f1(a,dir=dir): return os.path.join(dir,a) files2 = map(f1, files) fileNames.extend(files2) fileNames = [] os.path.walk(dir,listFile,fileNames) for fileName in fileNames: fileBeginning = os.path.splitext(fileName)[0] fileEnd = os.path.splitext(fileName)[1] if fileEnd == ".py": print fileName f=open(fileBeginning+".tmp", 'w') f.write("") f.close
Re: The Future of Python Threading   (214 Views)
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:01:51 -0000, "Justin T." wrote: >, > >While I don't pretend to be an authority on the subject, a few days of >research has lead me to believe that a discussion needs to be started >(or continued) on the state and direction of multi-threading python. > > [snip - threading in Python doesn't exploit hardware level parallelism > well, we should incorporate stackless and remove the GIL to fix this] > I think you have a misunderstanding of what greenlets are. Greenlets are essentially a non-preemptive user-space threading mechanism. They do not allow hardware level parallelism to be exploited. In a hypothetical Python interpreter, equivalent to current CPython except for the removal of the GIL, you could certainly have greenlets running in different pthreads, and thus take care of hardware parallelism, but you could do the same without greenlets too. So Stackless Python is an unrelated matter. >There has been much discussion on this in the past [2]. Those >discussions, I feel, were premature. Now that stackless is mature (and >continuation free!), Py3k is in full swing, and parallel programming >has been fully realized as THE next big problem for computer science, >the time is ripe for discussing how we will approach multi-threading >in the future. Many of the discussions rehash the same issues as previous ones. Many of them are started based on false assumptions or are discussions between people who don't have a firm grasp of the relevant issues. I don't intend to suggest that no improvements can be made in this area of Python interpreter development, but it is a complex issue and cheerleading will only advance the cause so far. At some point, someone needs to write some code. Stackless is great, but it's not the code that will solve this problem. In the mean time, you might consider some multi-process solutions. There are a number of tools for getting concurrency like that. Jean-Paul
twisted - locking threads when deferToThread is used   (192 Views)
I'm writing an application which will be periodically testing servers. I will have a global list of these servers(domain names) and need to do few tasks. 1) DNS checks - I will use asynchronous twisted-names for it - in case there is a difference comparing to the list it should update the list(then also in DB) 2) ICMP pings - should be also possible to do it asynchronously 3) Blocking function which will be pinging with SIP requests - here I will use function deferToThread to make it non-blocking. Questions: 1) How do I lock each thread when writing to a global list in twisted 2) How will I put together all three results mentioned above in the global list - is it by using function callLater 3) Could you help me with a rough skeleton of this application, please Thank you, Lada
Re: webbrowser.open question force Firefox   (222 Views)
On Monday 06 August 2007, dimitri pater wrote: > > I have a question regarding the use of webbrowser.open. > On a windows XP machine, MS-IE is set as the default browser so when I do: > webbrowser.open('http://localhost:8080') IE starts with this address. > But in stead of launching IE, I want to launch Firefox *without* setting > Firefox as the default browser globally on this machine. > > Any hints, ideas Your help is most appreciated. take an educated guess where to find firefox, check if it's there, and do something like os.spawnl(os.P_NOWAIT, where_firefox_is, "http://localhost:8080") --
replacement for execfile   (198 Views)
Hi all! >From another thread (and the pointed PEP) I have found that execfile will not be present in Py3k. So, I am wondering what will be its replacement Considering that most probably Py3k will keep eval and exec, this will still be possible (indeed requiring manual loading of the file string), so I would really appreciate some enlightning comments on this. Background: Basically this question is related to my learning process/working project. In this, I have the need to allow the final user to provide a configuration like script, but built using my API (and whatever other normal Python code they want). For this, having execfile was a nice surprise as I was able to automatically expose the API (so the end user doesn't need to bother about imports) and also easily execute it in the context I wanted. many
=?us-ascii?Q?Re=3A=20Use=20variable=20in=20regular=20expression?=   (180 Views)
.... > Yesterday's date is 20070731, and assigned to the variable > "yesterday_date". I want to loop thru a directory and find all of the > yesterday's data ONLY IF the feature class has the date at the > BEGINNING of the filename. .... > I can't figure out the > syntax of inserting the "^" into the regex. > .... e.g. yesterdayRE = re.compile("^"+yesterday_date) .... should work (assuming yesterday_date is a string), but for that simple tests you may also try e.g. filename.startswith(yesterday_date) (with both filename and yesterday_date being strings). Greetings, Vlasta
Detecting __future__ features   (181 Views)
Steven D'Aprano wrote: > Is there any general mechanism I'd just use the expected future feature and if the result is not what I expect (or Python raises any kind of exception, like using a keyword not present) I'd think I'm in the past :-) -- Lawrence, oluyede.org - neropercaso.it "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Re: interpreter in the background   (221 Views)
En Sat, 28 Jul 2007 08:29:38 -0300, Andrea Tomadin escribi: > I need to use the Python interpreter as if it were a Matlab or > Mathematica "kernel", i.e. running in the background while I use an > interface program to send commands and get output. Try building something around the code module -- Gabriel Genellina
[python-list] pdf read & write   (208 Views)
Dear all, How can I read a pdf file and add invisible comment I want to make a script which read a pdf file and add tags inside the file invisibly. Then, I will make a script for managing tags of given pdf files. I know "referencer" can manage tags for pdf file but it seems store tag information to additional file outside pdf file. Any suggestion are welcome. Best, Hyunchul Kim
Re: removing items from a dictionary ?   (296 Views)
Stef Mientki wrote in news:46A8EFF5.4060600@mailbox.kun.nl: > hello, > > I want to remove some items from a dictionary, > so I would expect this should work: > > Nets = {} > ... fill the dictionary Nets > > for net in Nets: > if net.upper() in Eagle_Power_Nets : > del Nets [ net ] > > > But it gives me > Message File Name Line Position > Traceback > D:\data_to_test\JALsPy\Eagle_import.py 380 > RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration > > > [snip...] > > > thanks, > Stef Mientki I think that you need to find a different iteration condition. Using for n in dict will iterate using an iterator which doesn't support "parallel" deletions. bests, ../alex -- ..w( the_mindstorm )p.
How to create a single executable of a Python program   (190 Views)
Dear fellows, I'm trying to create a executable file using py2exe . Unfortunately along with the python executable file it also creates some other files that are needed in order to the executable be able to run in a system that doesn't have Python installed. Can some one guide me on how can I merge all this files created by py2exe in a single exe file If I have a python program that uses an image file I don't want this image file to be exposed in the folder but only to be accessible through the program flow..
Base class for file-like objects? (a.k.a "Stream" in Java)   (207 Views)
, (sorry to begin with Java in a Python list ;-) in Java, when I want to pass input to a function, I pass "InputStream", which is a base class of any input stream. In Python, I found that "file" objects exist. While specifying argument types in Python is not possible as in Java, it is possible to check whether an object is an instance of some class and that's what I need - I need to check if an argument is a "file"-like object, and if yes, behave accordingly, if not, treat the argument as string with URL. But I am afraid there is no such a base class - I tried the following: >>> import urllib >>> >>> f = open("test.txt", "r") >>> g = urllib.urlopen("http://www.google.com/") >>> >>> isinstance(f, file) True >>> isinstance(f, file) False .... Is there some base class to "file"-like (or "stream"-like) objects in Python And if not, is it at least planned for Python 3.0