SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

WriteExcel module, reopening a file

I create an excel file 'myfile.xls' using WriteExcel module. It has a tab named 'Name1', and its first (say) 10 rows have some data. I would like to reopen this sheet for over/writing, and write a string 'new string' to ...

Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 11:51:54 PM Total Views:  443
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Adding installable script to a perl module distro?   (149 Views)
I created a perl module distro Net::eBay, and added to it a small sample program get-ebay-official-time.pl. How do I make it install into /usr/bin without being too unix specific.
writing modules in 'c'   (116 Views)
Hi , I've been trying to write modules in 'c'. I've gone through the documentation of perlguts, perlapi & perlxs. Although what I'm trying to do is much complicated to explain here, I am extracting out the problem with a ...
ANNOUNCE: Iterator v0.02 and associated modules.   (142 Views)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Version 0.02 of the following modules Iterator Iterator::Util Iterator::IO Iterator: BI Iterator::Misc were released today and are available on CPAN. Iterator is an object encapsulation of the iterator pattern popularized by Mark Jason Dominus, ...
Installing Perl InlineC module in Windows 2003   (173 Views)
, After successful installation of Inline C in Windows XP, I am trying to install Perl InlineC in Windows 2003. This machine doesnt have VC++ installation, so I copied the VC98 folder and updated the PATH with VC98\BIN for ...
suggestions for new module name   (121 Views)
I've got a module with the working title Text::Effort. It calculates roughly how much physical effort is required to type a given text. I wasn't able to find any modules on CPAN that did this, but most of the text ...
module to create Zork like game maps?   (123 Views)
[note crosspost and follow-ups] I've tried searching CPAN, but found only one module related to games and maps, a line of sight calculator. That's not what I'm looking for. What I am looking for is something to help either draw ...
Win32::Api module problem.   (117 Views)
, i got problem with Win32:API module. I have instaled ActivePerl on windows 95 (i must use this one ;/ ) after this i have downloded binary package Win32-Api, and ppm install Win32-API.ppd. But when i try to run my ...
module for FFT   (97 Views)
Hi *.*, does there exist a module for 2-dimensional fft regards, Andreas...
Re: ActiveState module failures   (112 Views)
plugh wrote: > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:06:32 +1000, Sisyphus wrote: > plugh wrote: > [...] Cutting to the meat of the issue. I have recently joined the Perl crew at ActiveState, and all PPM issues have fallen on ...
Perl encryption modules   (138 Views)
Does anyone know which (other than RC4), if any, encryption modules will work in the following scenario: I need to encrypt (with perl on Linux web server) some information obtained from a web form. Then I need to be able ...
ActiveState module failures   (128 Views)
plugh wrote: > Group, > > Browsing through http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/ , I see an > awful lot of modules (both Tk and non) classified as FAILs. More > FAILs than PASSes, looks to me. > > Looking at some of ...
Perl module for R-trees   (162 Views)
I've written a pure-Perl module for R-trees. R-trees are datastructures for data/objects which have an associated two-dimensional bounding box. The implementation is according to the Beckmann et al paper from 1990 (ACM SIGMOD). I'm going to use it in my ...
Expect.pm module help - simple question...   (141 Views)
I am playing around with the Expect module and have been looking at the docs, but am confused as to why my code does not send the "ls" to the remote host. My code is below (along with the trace). ...
looking for a module to validate a chunk of XHTML   (101 Views)
, I am looking for a module that will validate a chunk of XHTML. The module must support utf-8 characters. Idealy, there should also be an activestate ppm available for the module. I don't need anything super strict. I just ...
Noob Q: Ways for module to find config file?   (313 Views)
What are the techniques for a module to find its config file It's a chicken/egg problem, since the location of the config file is itself a parameter that may (or must) be configured. One technique I can think of is ...
Win32-Printer module   (126 Views)
Hi Folks, I've tried to install the Win32-printer Module via ppm in ActivePerl5.8.4.810. the PPM says to me "Sucessfully installed Win32-Printer version 0.7 ", but nothing will be downloaded. Can anyone helps me
Q: What's a good module for making node diagrams?   (121 Views)
I would like to make general node diagrams, such as of binary trees, linked lists and skip lists. I've tried UML::State, but it does not allow one to control the size of nodes and may not be flexible enough to ...
h2xs more modern layout and multiple related modules   (156 Views)
I appreciate parts of the "more modern layout" which the 5.8.1 version of h2xs now produces. However, in the past one could type "h2xs -X -n My::Obj" and then type "h2xs -X -n My::Obj::SubObj" to create the stubs for two ...
RE: modules for Excel to PDF   (176 Views)
> This doesn't make much sense - if you are going to generate > Excel files from a database, and then PDFs from that, why not > go straight from the database to a PDF in one step OK, I'll ...
Namespace for apartment threading modules ?   (488 Views)
Looking for namespace advice... After building a specialized set of classes to support apartment threading of DBI ( http://www.presicient.com/dbixthrd ), I'm attempting to build a set of modules to provide generalized apartment threading capability. The working namespace I'm using is ...