SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Running a .aspx page in IIS 5.0

I have a windows 2000 server running IIS 5.0. What configuation changes do I have to make to run a .aspx page on the server. I have the .net 2.0 environment and visual studio 2005 on my devoloper machine, which is XP pro. I used VWD to create my web pages. How do I get it to run through IIS. Right now I get the following error.
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
"The event log dosent give any thing useful to me."

Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 12:44:54 AM Total Views:  229
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Javascript not working with page made from master   (215 Views)
all - I am doing an assignment for an ASP.NET class and I've run into a frustrating issue. It's probably something simple that I'm overlooking. I have a page with a calculator function and a random number generator function. The function code is in a separate javascript file. They both work fine. However, when I re-create the page using a master site template, the Random Number function doesn't work. (I have the exact same issue on another page with an e-mail validation script) Odd thing is - the calculator function works just fine on either page. Here's the code from the page that works. And here's the page where the number generator doesn't work. Any ideas what I'm missing here (using Visual Web Developer Express, 2010) , @lifeboat, I think the reason why you are having this issue is because when you use a Master Page in ASP .NET, the client IDs of the controls contained in the Master Page are changed. So for example, your asp.net server control TextBox with ID "TextBox1" is contained in a content place holder within a Master Page. So in the rendered HTML, since you are using a Master Page, your control will have a clientID that looks similar to this: ctl00_Content2_TextBox1 This is because each containing element ID gets its ID appended to their child controls ID when rendered in the client (browser). So now your Javascript function doesn't work anymore because it's referencing the wrong elementID: function GetRandomNumberFromServer(TextBox1, context) { //TextBox1.value doesn't work because the clientID is no longer just TextBox1 document.forms[0].TextBox1.value = TextBox1; } This is actually a common issue in ASP .NET when using Master Pages and trying to reference rendered server controls in the client via Javascript. There are various different ways in dealing with the issue and the fact that you have your Javascript in a seperate file will dictate what work arounds you can and can't use. To provide you with a little more insight about this issue, take a look at this article on CodeProject. There also is an example for a work around that might fit in with your situation. Hope this information is helpful.
Datagrid paging problem   (173 Views)
I have a web page with a datagrid for which I am using automatic paging. A problem I currently have is that the datagrid shows pages 1 2 at the bottom of the datagrid but when 2 is pressed I get the error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridLinkButton' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button'.". I am displaying 10 records to a page and there are 13 records in the table, so 1 and 2 is correct, but page 2 will not display.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Suggestion for Training   (108 Views)
I've just taken a bootcamp training course with CED in Atlanta and it was awesome!! If anyone is looking to work on their ASP.NET 3.5 certification or any other certification, you should really look at attending one of their bootcamp. Hope this helps. Grant
how i 'll do the image portion ?   (195 Views)
User can make login In his login user can view different card categories User can also see the samples of cards but his own card image is generated dynamically (dynamic images are generated by the code) according to the given properties and this image will save in our database for his order. Card categories like Business cards Visiting cards Birthday cards Wedding cards Letter headsWhen user click on any category there should be open a form in which we ask from user different properties of cards or letter heads Like Properties which the user will set What font size he wants Font style Card back ground colorText color In this form user will also write cards message e.g Happy Birthday or anything he wants to display.In letter heads what type of page he requires e.g A4 A5 or normal size page Page qualities normal page, 80 grams or any other And when he will click on button generate image the image should be generate Dynamically in Jpg or Gif format . According to users propertiesUser can also insert any logo or any other jpg on designed card e.g user can insert his logo on his visiting card and can also write his name address and phone number etc on the visiting card.on the birth day card he can write with his own style font size and color for the card like Happy Birthday Then he will order it and also can save this image. We will take the order from the user How many cards the user required User will give his order with the credit card. Credit card validations will also check. User can not save his card without order if he will not give order only design card the web site will not allow him to save this card he can only view this card company logo will appear on the background of card. User can not send this card to anyone .because this site will not like 123Greetings.com. its only for a printing press. i have coverd the login portion ... but plz help me about the image portion
Error The connection does not support MultipleActiveResultSets   (352 Views)
I'm beginner and I have a question, I build simple page in ASP and I use variable IAsyncResult = OrdersASyncResult OrdersASyncResult = OrdersCommand.BeginExecuteReader(); later, when I try debugging I have an error: The connection does not support MultipleActiveResultSets. What should I do with it
Retrive an Image   (176 Views)
this code for source: i have saved my image but how can Retrieve image on corresponding ID on each Description : show on the page Like a Blog that Description and then Image : could u send me Reply as soon as posible : Attached File(s) eromp.txt (12bytes) Number of downloads: 71
save some text in web app   (190 Views)
Hi , I need to save some text on an aspx page to a txt file.The saving will done to a folder of the web application (the saving will not be done to the clients pc)Is sth like that possible I am planning to get some data from sql database an do some changes on it and save it
ASPX & Arabic   (119 Views)
-My client has 2 identical files with arabic text. One has an asp extension and the other aspx extension. The one with asp works fine. The one with aspx won't display the arabic text right.Why is thatThe files are:http://www.u-s-school.com/login.aspx http://www.u-s-school.com/login.as
how to make modification in images with asp.net?   (150 Views)
[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#3366FF][b] i just want to know that if we want to add a image in web page and i want to make attractive that then who to be do that. plz help me.
How to get edit template controls in gridview   (196 Views)
Youj can use the FindControl method of a row to get a control in one of the columns. If you don't have a solution by tomorrow morning, I will get you some code.
cannot clear error list - build fails   (220 Views)
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.I have a website I've built that works great in debug mode, and when I'm looking at all the VB code behind, etc, I see no underlined "error items".But, my error list show 47 stinking errors. When I open the list, and double click the errors, VS jumps me to the appropriate page... but again - there are no underlined noticable problems. If I mouse over the classes it says are undeclared, I get the typical box that shows everything is fine.So, for some reason I can't build this thing for deployment. Am I missing something obviousI did a few User Imports to the list of referenced Namespaces. Do i have to add them somewhere else tooThis is really frustrating. If it works in Debug mode, I don't understand why I can't build the actual site...
Popups on top - possible?   (158 Views)
I've got a question about popups because #1 I'm a windows programmer and #2 I'm not finding what I need by searching google.How do you all do thisI have a main page with a grid.I have a button on the grid that calls a popup window with a detailsview that my user can edit the fields in the database.The management here think it would be really cool to be able to bring up more then one popup window up at a time for different records, so the user can copy and paste info from one window/record to the other.In a windows environment, this would be a snap, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make sure the popup's all stay on top.How you you write this This is getting weird.I started playing with this and I wound up with 5 windows open that the user would have to dig through to find the right one.Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the popup
Connection Pooling from ASP.NET and ORA-03135   (311 Views)
I'm using .Net 2.0 & Oracle 9.2.6.0When loading testing my ASP.NET application I will eventually get the foloowing error. "ORA-03135 Connection lost contact"The application will then drop this connection on the .NET servers but the connection(process) will remain on the DB servers. This results in an orphan connection on the DB side which remains until it's removed manually or automatically (can take a long time)On a side note, when the connection is removed from ASP.NET pool the pool goes below the min size allowed.Anyone come across this
For..Loop: Stepping through columns and values in a DataReader   (98 Views)
- I'm trying to figure out how to step through the DataReader when building a "confirmation page" for my app.Basically - I'd like to see code to Response.Write the Column Name and the Value of that column..This record set is only one record, with about 8 columns.In long hand, it would be:CODE ' Open Reader dr.Read ' Write Column Name Response.Write(dr.GetName(0) & "") ' Write Column Value Response.Write(dr.Item(0) & "") --- Repeat for all columns in the DataReader ---So, I was wondering what a looped step-though would look like. I often get confused on my loops. I'm guessing that I'm not going to use "FOR...EACH" but rather one with a counter.Maybe like: "FOR "blah" to [Count of Columns]""Response.Write(dr.GetName(blah))"Something along those lines I've very close, I bet, but as a novice, this gets confusing sometimes
odd data values returned from a DataReader   (158 Views)
I have a simple function that creates a dataReader, and returns it, like belowCODEddlCountry.DataSource= dbFn.GetDataReaderSQL("Select * from tblCountry");ddlCountry.DataBind();But my Drop Down list just has the correct number of entries, but instead of country names it has n rows of'System.Data.Common.DbDataRecord' I assume that this is because my DataReader has 2 columns, an index for each country (integer) and a String of the Country Name.Am i right, and how do i fix this, so that i get a list of the strings in my ddl, indexed on the integer field
dynamic menu   (239 Views)
i want to create a web user control that receives a parameter, and depending on the parameter received i want to create different menu options.how can i do that
Updating multiple SQL tables from one ASP.Net form   (208 Views)
Please do not write my code for me, but snippets are ok. I prefer being led to the right resource where I can read and learn how to resolve my problems. Thank you very much for your assistance. I'm using ASP.Net on Win2K Server and VS.Net for development. I'm trying to update several tables with a single transaction if this is at all possible. Here are my tables with sample data:tblClientsClientID Client 1 IBM 2 Cisco 3 NabiscotblEmployeesEmployeeID FirstName LastName 1 Bob Smith 2 Mary Smith 3 Mike Randolph 4 Zack SmithtblClientTeamsClientTeamID ClientID EmployeeID 1 1 2 2 1 4 3 2 1 4 2 2 5 2 3 6 3 1 7 3 3Each client team can have one or more team members (employees). Each employee can participate on multiple teams.I need to design an input web form page that will allow end users to input this client team data. They would be adding employees to the tblEmployees table, clients to the tblClients table, and adding client team relationship entries into the tblClientTeams table..... I think.Where I'm stuck is trying to figure out how to provide a UI page that is somewhat dynamic, so the end users can enter one or multiple records based on their need. My question is this: How do I provide a dynamic way for the end user to select how many employee-client team membership entries they need to enter in one sitting, then build-up the data entry page with exactly that number of controls for them to use
Please please tell me what the &*$% I'm missing!!!   (220 Views)
I'm trying to do the right thing by using stored procs but i'm really leaning toward ad-hoc if I can't figure this out. I've been working on this for two days now and I'm getting no where.In short the page is loaded with ONE line in a datagrid with a button to order. The page load works great, it populates the cells and I'm tickled about that. Now I want to send the data back to the database.Please help me wrap this up today. I'd like to end my work week on a plus.ASP Side: VB Side: (minus the page load) Sub Insert_Record(ByVal src As Object, ByVal args As DataGridCommandEventArgs) KBCS.Open() Dim PNOrder As Label = args.Item.FindControl("lblPartNumber") Dim UName As String = Environment.UserName Dim OrdQty As TextBox = args.Item.FindControl("txtQty") Dim datenow As Date = Now If args.CommandName = "Insert" Then Dim SqlCmd As New SqlCommand("SPVSKB_ORDERNOW", KBCS) SqlCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure SqlCmd.Parameters.Add("@PartNumber", SqlDbType.VarChar).Value = PNOrder SqlCmd.Parameters.Add("@Uname", SqlDbType.VarChar).Value = UName SqlCmd.Parameters.Add("@QtyOrdered", SqlDbType.Int).Value = OrdQty SqlCmd.Parameters.Add("@datenow", SqlDbType.DateTime).Value = datenow SqlCmd.ExecuteNonQuery() End If KBCS.Close() End Sub
Viewing current users   (165 Views)
Is there a way that I can view all current users using the membership provider. I want to create an admin page to where I can view who is logged in.
ASCX and Validation Control Problems   (122 Views)
I have a master page, which an ASPX page inherits from. The master page has a bunch of ASCX controls within it.On one particular page, I have the log in control visible (where a user types in the regular username, paswword) and in the middle a control for Registering. This registration control has many validation controls within.The problem I am having is that the user can't log in from this page because it sets off all the validation controls. Is there a way I can bypass these validation controls when pressing the submit button on the totally seperate log in control
Displaying Currency from a Decimal?   (542 Views)
I want is to take a Decimal, and show currency with 2 digits after the decimal. I know it's gotta be easy, but I can't find it. I want it as a string.
Help with a nested Datalist   (209 Views)
I am trying to create Nested Datalist and it doesn't like my relation statement. Any help would be great. Visual Studio tells me that "Override Resolution failed because no accessible add can be called with these arguments. selectCMD1 = New SqlCommand() selectCMD1.CommandText = "Select * from medicalreimb where loginID = '" & employee.SelectedItem.Value & "' and theyear = '2003'" selectCMD1.Connection = dbconn selectCMD1.CommandTimeout = 30 dbconn.Open() Dim empDA As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter() empDA.SelectCommand = selectCMD1 Dim empDS As DataSet = New DataSet() empDA.Fill(empDS, "medicalreimb") dbconn.Close() empDS.Relations.Add("myrelation", empDS.Tables("medicalreimb").Columns("loginID")) medicaldata.DataSource = empDS.Tables("medicalreimb") medicaldata.DataBind()
Some code debugs, others won't   (190 Views)
Hi allGot a bit of a funny one here. I have just created a new .aspx page and, although I put breakpoints in, it does not actually break! Sometimes.Here's the strange part. If I but a breakpoint in the Page_load event, it will break. If I put a breakpoint in one of my button_click events, it doesn't break - but the code does run (I put in a whole lot of Response.Writes to test) and there is code in the IntializeComponent event to cater for the button_click event.What's really throwing me is that the Page_load event stops at the break point!Does anyone know what's going on here, pleas
CType Problems   (245 Views)
I'm fairly new to ASP.NET to hopefully an easy one to solve :)Whats wrong with thisDim Resolved as Boolean = CType(e.Item.Cells(4).Controls(0), Checkbox).CheckedI'm trying to store the value from a datagrid for an update in a datagrid. It works for text but not for a checkboxSystem.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
Encrypting data   (157 Views)
I was looking at a website that talked about encrypting passwords and such for database entry. They give the following code' This function encrypts the input string using the SHA1 and MD5' encryption algorithmsSub encryptString(Src As Object, E As EventArgs) SHA1.Text = CookieAuthentication.HashPasswordForStoringInConfigFile(txtPassword.Text, "SHA1") MD5.Text = CookieAuthentication.HashPasswordForStoringInConfigFile(txtPassword.Text, "MD5")End SubSay I take SHA1.text and input it into a database encrypted. How would I decrypted it when pulling it back to the page. I didn't see any data on that.
Organisation and Layout   (72 Views)
I have quite a large application i've written in ASP and would like to port all existing code to ASP.NET (even if that included an entire rewrite). My existing application consists of over 250 asp pages. How would you go about creating this as an .net asp+ app Obviously I have a few asp files that have general functions and connectionstring and constants that all other pages reference. Where would these fit into a full scale ASP.NET application In all the examples you look at that most of them fit nicely in one Webapplication, however im sure it would look extremely messy if you had 200 .cs files in one app, would it not Any ideas
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   (210 Views)
When a user logins to my application I am creating a session variable called 'User'. The user logins with their DXNumber)CODESession("User") = txtDXNumber.TextI am then using this session as part of a datasource as below:CODE When I get the corresponding BusinessID, I populate a hidden label with the valueCODEDim dvUserID As Data.DataView = GetUserID.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty) Me.lblUserID.Text = dvUserID.ToTable.Rows(0)("BusinessID")Then I link my data to the value in the label.I am assuming that when the session expires then the value in the lblUserID is NULL which is giving me the Object reference error.I obviously dont want to leave the session open indefinately but is there any code I can add that checks if its NULL then requery the value again or something
How to keep boolean value after page load.   (204 Views)
I am using vs2008, vb.net, and crystal reports 10.5 to develop a ticketing system. I have a web page with 3 cr viewers that print the 3 different ticket copies (as activex reports). I set a boolean switch saying the that this has printed (True). But when I go to load the next cr viewer and go to process it, the switch has reset to false and wants to print the same ticket copy again. I have the switch dimmed as "Public CustPrinted As Boolean". Down in a separate sub which is triggered with a button click, I have the following code: If CustPrinted = False Then PrintCustomer()' In here the CustPrinted is set to true Else PrintWarehouse() End IfPrintWarehouse is never hit because CustPrinted is reset to false after I print the Customer Copy.I would appreciate any help. This is being executed on a Intranet web server, so I can't use the crReport.PrintToPrinter(1, False, 0, 0) command
Executing code in container page from user control   (239 Views)
I have a user control that acts as a lookup button in that when clicked it presents the user with a list of choices from a database query. The user then selects the row they dee.The easy part is I can set a hidden control or public variable to the key of the record they selected.What I want to do as part of this click event is to then use this key in the container page, read the selected row and populate additional text boxes on the container page.How do I execute or trigger the execution of code in the container page when the button is clicked in the user controlTIAMark
How project notes changes in a Library   (135 Views)
I am switching from VB to C#. In VB if I made changes to a library, I just hit the build in the Library, then hit the build in the project and they were in sync with each other.It seems that with C# this is not the case, I ended up deleting the library dll out of the project then readding the reference for the two to be in sync.Is there an easier way in C#
Web Service Time Zone Offset Missing   (238 Views)
I am having trouble with a server that is not returning the time zone offset in a Web service response. From what I've read on the internet, it should always return the time zone offset. I need it but it is missing. It works on my local development machine but not on my test server. Both are set for Eastern Time GMT-5 (4 right now because of daylight savings time).Below is my test code (.Net 1.1):CODE _Public Function GetTime() As DateTime Dim d As DateTime = #5/28/2009 8:00:00 AM# Return dEnd FunctionLocal development machineWindows XPVisual Studio 2003IIS 5.1Test machineWindows Server 2003IIS 6.0Response From Local Development machineCODE 2009-05-28T08:00:00.0000000-04:00 Response From Test machineCODE 2009-05-28T08:00:00 Notice that the response from the test machine is not returning the time zone offset.Note that this does appear to be happening on our production machine which is also a Server 2003 (IIS6) machine, but I have not been thorough test with it yet.Does anyone have any thoughts on this I've searched Google and all I seem to find are people who are getting the offset and do not want it. I'm not getting the offset and do want it. Pat B
IErrorInfo.GetDesrciption with union query   (204 Views)
I am converting an access application to .net. We are keeping the date in access - oh joy...Any way, I have a query that I am using to populate a gridview. Since gridviews will not display a blank row if there are no records I added a union to my query in access to select a blank row from the database. This worked when we did it in SQL but in access every time I add the union into my select I receive IErrorInfo.GetDescription failed with e_fail. PARAMETERS intEmployeeKey Short, TaskDate DateTime;SELECT TaskTime.Pkey, TaskTime.TaskDate, TaskTime.Hours, TaskTime.Notes, Task.TaskNameFROM Employee INNER JOIN (Task INNER JOIN ([Position] INNER JOIN (EmployeePosition INNER JOIN TaskTime ON EmployeePosition.Pkey=TaskTime.EmployeePositionKey) ON Position.Pkey=EmployeePosition.PositionKey) ON Task.Pkey=TaskTime.TaskKey) ON Employee.Pkey=EmployeePosition.EmployeeWHERE (((Employee.Pkey)=[intEmployeeKey]) AND ((TaskTime.TaskDate)=[TaskDate]))UNION SELECT '', '', '', '', ''FROM Employee INNER JOIN (Task INNER JOIN ([Position] INNER JOIN (EmployeePosition INNER JOIN TaskTime ON EmployeePosition.Pkey=TaskTime.EmployeePositionKey) ON Position.Pkey=EmployeePosition.PositionKey) ON Task.Pkey=TaskTime.TaskKey) ON Employee.Pkey=EmployeePosition.EmployeeWHERE (((Employee.Pkey)=[intEmployeeKey]) AND ((TaskTime.TaskDate)=[TaskDate]));Can I not do this in access
ASP.net + ajax + directory file reader   (110 Views)
,I am new to asp.net and ajax. I have been programming for a while using classic ASP and VB.I have a directory that has a bunch of pdf reportsThe directory structure is has a year folder / month folder/ week folder/2008//2008/01-2008//2008/01-2008/01-06-2008/2008/01-2008/01-06-2008/Location_1.pdf/2008/01-2008/01-06-2008/Location_2.pdf/2008/01-2008/01-06-2008/Location_3.pdf/2008/01-2008/01-06-2008/Location_4.pdfAnd so on for each week of the month./2008/01-2008/01-13-2008/2008/01-2008/01-20-2008/2008/01-2008/01-27-2008I would like to build a page that uses asp.net and possibly ajax, but was wondering if anyone knew of any exaples out there that could point me in the right direction.