SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

[resolved] deploying a project on the web

i have a general question regarding deploying a project on the web...

when i copy the project files onto the web, and place them in the root, the application works fine... but if i place the files into a subfolder, for example, www.somesite.com/subfolder/login.aspx instead of www.somesite.com/login.aspx, i get an error...

but i don't want to have 50 files clogging the root and want to organize things a bit, so how do i get this work

thanks all

here's the error message (error is on line 31):

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 29: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 30: -->
Line 31:
Line 32:
Line 33:

Posted On: Tuesday 6th of November 2012 10:00:05 PM Total Views:  142
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

[resolved]listbox help??   (109 Views)
hello I have a list box reading in data froma database I also have a button that when clicked will determine which item has been selected in the listbox and do an event accordinly. problem is when I click the button when no item in the listbox has been selected I get an error. what is the code to determine if no item has been selected listboxname.
DataList child controls [resolved]   (211 Views)
I have a DataGrid that I populate from a DataTable. In the FooterTemplate, I have 2 LinkButtons. How do I control the LinkButtons When I try to access them directly like: lnkbtnPrev.Visible = False I get an error saying 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' Now, I think I need to use the DataList's Controls collection, but I am unsure of how. I thought it would be" dlstNews.Controls.Item(1).Visible = False but that didn't do anything.
Mobile Form without JavaScript [resolved]   (110 Views)
I am trying to make a Mobile Web Form to view from my cellphone. I have a Sprint Sanyo cell and the browser in it does not support JavaScript. My application lists all the companies in my database in a mobile list. Then when I select one of the companies, it shows another list with all the contacts at that company. It works fine in IE, but when I browser with my cell phone, I get an error. Now, I am pretty sure my cell doesn't support JavaScript, but the postback that happens when I go from one mobile form to the next is done with JavaScript. Is there a way to change that ** EDIT ** I solved it myself. It appears MS has an update for the .Net Mobile controls. I installed device update 4.0 and my cell phone and IE both worked. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
[resolved]asp:labels and width property   (117 Views)
Ahoy Been trying to set the width of my asp:label controls in my css, but the browser (IE & firefox) is not picking it up. It picks up the other styles, just not the width. It works fine with other asp controls (textboxes / grids / etc.), just not the label control. Anyone know how to fix this
plus sign ***resolved***   (123 Views)
Anyone know how to use the plus sign to expand into more information. I have paragraphs on a page a user doesnt need to see unless click on more information button. Is this some kind of listview or is there a control to do this Sorry so vague
check box lst problem - help ? - resolved   (115 Views)
hi i have a check box list in page and a button when i check some items and submit by button i am not able to read the selected items or checked items status at server. is there a way to it or i am doing it wrong this is the code sub buton1_click(sender as object, e as eventargs) Dim i As Integer For i=0 To checkboxlist1.Items.Count - 1 If checkboxlist1.Items(i).Selected Then response.write( checkboxlist1.Items(i).Text + "") End If Next end sub
[*resolved]how can I detect and convert html tags to text?   (130 Views)
lets say I have a textbox and the user enters some html tags in it. I want those to show up as text (well asp engine gives me an error if I enter html tags when submitting the value of the textbox). php had a simple function that converted all those to simple text. what should I do in asp.net
is there an HTML Reader object? **resolved**   (68 Views)
I'm looking for an object that will let me supply it with some HTML code (submitted by the user) and return a collection of objects like the HTML DOM. I'm trying not to do this with a reg ex, but If I must, I will. http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...postid=1417991
100% isn't 100%? [resolved...myself]   (81 Views)
Ok so I setup some frames and I want a table in one frame to go right against the upper edge of the frame, left edge and right edge. I set my margins to zero and borders to all zero but the table still has some space on the right. If I set this to a huge pixel number it will actually scroll and THEN be at the right edge... but I want to use 100% so that the table will always be against the edges with different screen resolutions. Here is my stylesheet Code: Then in the frame page Code: body { padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin: 0px; border-top-style: none; padding-top: 0px; border-right-style: none; border-left-style: none; background-color: white; border-bottom-style: none; } finally the table Code: Id Name Both any ideas
Cookies in 1.1 [resolved]   (151 Views)
I haven't been able to find any recent articles on cookies with the new framework. My problem is that all the tutorials I have found say to do this: VB Code: If Request.Cookies("mychoices") = Null Then but it won't compile saying that Null is no longer supported. Even asp.net says to do that. How do I check to see if the user has a cookie set in the .net 1.1 framework
Min. requirements to run Web Service   (105 Views)
all.. I have IIS 4.0 on a Win 2k box.. need to run web services from there. What do I need to do Does anyone have a link to the min requirements for running an ASP.NET webservice I obviously need the .NET framework, what about the version of IIS
resolved[02/03] urgent can a webapp from 2003 be upgraded to 2008 ?   (215 Views)
I need to do this immediately. Thx. edit: found the conversion wizard but know I realize it is best to do the work from 2008 solely because it is a pain to do otherwise.
resolved[02/03] problem with calendar object   (156 Views)
I am tasked with putting a pop up calendar object my web application that when the user clicks on an input button each of which are next to two textbox fields it places the selected date from the pop up calendar object to each ofthe textbox fields. Ok first I am getting a script error that says invalid argument with a yes or no button on it. Fine I click yes the pop up calendar appears and when I select the date I want it places the date inside the button instead of the textbox. Here is my code: Code: function getdate(el) { el.value = window.showModalDialog("../blahblah/calendar.asp","","dialogHeight: 275px;dialogWidth: 420px;status:no;" ); } Can someone be of help I would appreciate it
***resolved***what did I miss in the jscript***   (144 Views)
Thanks. :p:p:p:p:thumb::thumb::thumb
**resolved**too many arguments specified but data show   (201 Views)
I have this function if I use try error handling. the data will show, but the stored procedure run with out error.I do not understand what error handling have the below brown code error.
Nested divs and scroll bars (resolved)   (120 Views)
This can actually be done purely in ASP.Old as it deals mainly just with DHTML.The scenario:I have three DIV's created. Two DIV's are nested inside the first one. DIV's are, by default, hidden. On click of a button, using javascript, I show the container DIV and the first child DIV. This child DIV is longer then the container and therefore causes scrollbars to appear, this is wanted behaviour. Clicking a button on the First child hides it and shows the second chil DIV. This DIV is smaller and can be fully contained in the parent DIV and does so very well, the problem is that the scrollbar still exists to allow scrolling for the full height of the first child DIV.What I have tried:Resetting the scroll height - simply errors out.Fully hiding all DIV's then redisplaying them - no effect.Changing the container DIV style to hide the scrollbar for particular DIV's - this works in theory but the height of the inner divs is controlled by the users resolution so is not a perfect solution. I may remove scrollbars and clip a DIV when I may need the scrollbar.What I want:I want the scroll bar to appear only when necessary for child DIV's that are taller then the container.
{resolved}what is the newline character in asp.net   (126 Views)
hiin vb (vbcrlf)is used to come to the next line likewise what is it in asp.net using c#plz reply to the earliest
[Unresolved :( ] Dynamic Controls Vanishing on PostBack   (212 Views)
I've been working on a pretty dynamic control and I'm down to the final step...Based on a selected value from a DropDownList, a GridView is populated. On each item bound in the GridView, controls are dynamically added to a placeHolder that is in each GridViewRow. The controls, which can be textboxes, dynamic dropDownLists or a combination of the two, are created based on a value stored in a GVR Key. These controls are loading into the placeHolder properly... but when I press a button stored in the footer, the dynamic controls in the GridViewRow's Placeholders vanish before my click event can work with the values in the controls. To top it all off, I have this control in an update panel.What options do I have at my disposal when trying to read the values of the text boxes and dropDownListsI'm willing to post code if someone thinks they could spot something..., lmf232 St. Louis, MO Since 12/15/2003 Posts 1,202 Reputation 13,840 Reply Larry Fields (lmf232) replied on 5/7/2008 12:33 PM rated by 0 users David, Can you attach a screen shot of what the page looks like. This way i can see what the gridview data looks like.
**resolved**how can I get the selected value in the autopostback=false   (115 Views)
how to get the selected value of the drop down box while I set drop down list box auto post back=false since I can't use the selected index change event any more. I need to pull the data out according to the selected value of dropdown box.
**resolved**Odd Web Address   (152 Views)
http:// dbase-svr/PhysicianEducation/asp/physicianlogin.asp using all the validation control in the asp page.While end user click. It would showhttp://dbase-svr/PhysicianTutorialManager/(ims3ot45xk5qqse2d4sikf55)/managerlogin.aspxon the web address bar.How to prevent that happen