SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Re: Want to make sure I'm deploying correctly

We have a web application that I've just enhanced (and gotten rid of the MsgBox in it , too!) It runs on our production web server. I have the solution loaded in VS2005 on my PC. It's been deployed before, but this is the first time I am deploying it and I want to make sure I know what I'm doing. So I will choose Publish from the Build menu, and I think I want to say Remote Site - is that what will plop all my new stuff over the old And is the value that I supply for Remote Site the URL, or would I use the IP...or are any of these questions way off base and I clearly don't know what I'm doing and should stop NOW

Posted On: Tuesday 6th of November 2012 05:46:48 AM Total Views:  246
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Re: Checking IIS recycle times   (181 Views)
How to check the IIS recycle time in the application pool
Re: VS 2005 debugging ASP.NET 2.0 does not break   (210 Views)
Using VS 2005 Pro on Windows Server 2003 Standard, I can't get the environment to break on breakpoints. web.config has the following setting: which is all I thought was necessary to debug. I create a page load in Default.aspx, set a breakpoint on the first statement and choose "Debug - Start Debugging". The browser pops up and loads the page and never hits the breakpoint. I've tried to break on many statements I know are executing successully. No errors, no notifications, just no breaking.
Re: Creating simple asp.net control   (203 Views)
This is my first time with asp.net control, and I guess all I need is a little push, because I'm probably overlooking something pretty simple. I'm trying to create an asp.net button control that when you click on it, it closes the webpage without having to deal with the dialog box... "This windows is trying to close, etc" The code below works, but you have to deal with the dialog box. code Code: output.Write("") Here is the code with the javascript part that does not work. It only wants to execute the first line of the javascript.... window.opener='x' code Code: Imports System.ComponentModel Imports System.Web.UI Public Class closebutton Inherits System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl Dim _text As String Property [Text]() As String Get Return _text End Get Set(ByVal Value As String) _text = Value End Set End Property Protected Overrides Sub Render(ByVal output As System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter) output.Write("") End Sub , Originally Posted by silentthread I'm trying to create an asp.net button control that when you click on it, it closes the webpage without having to deal with the dialog box... "This windows is trying to close, etc" You cannot. Oh, you'll find crude workarounds out there that do this that work on just a few versions of a few browsers, but it's a security issue and so is usually not allowed. , It would work if you used the Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock call in the Page Load event instead of Render.
Grid View does not retain the data!!   (194 Views)
, I have a Grid View with Edit Button in each row, to edit checkbox and text box columns. After updating the row, when I click the edit button in next row the previous updates (in previous rows) will be lost. I want to retain these values in the updated rows. These 2 columns are not bound to Database as per the requirement but need these 2 column values in other table which is getting stored but not visible in grid view once I click the next edit button in other row. I am using ASP.Net 2.0 .
Re: [2008] Asp membership provider set up, can I use a windows form to create members?   (144 Views)
Okay, wasn't getting much help in the vb section so going to see if you have any advice or experience with this, and sorry for the double post if that's an issue. I've set up the membership provider for my asp.net web site, and have the membership creation working fine through the asp.net web application create a user wizard and setting up the aspnet database, however I'm wanting to have a separate Windows Form to use to create users. This will allow me to have a generic asp.net form for users to use to create a general user account, but I can also have a more specified user creation, with different roles, created through a Windows form that uses the same database and tables that my asp.net web form user creation uses, without losing a lot of the features that the asp.net web application has with their auto generated user creation forms, forcing the right data types and safety from SQL injection, etc. How can I merge the two keeping the type safe information and extra security that is included with the asp.net create user setup and membership class into Windows Forms Basically what I'm doing is creating a web application that allows basic users to be created online through the web form, but I want to have users that are instructors and teachers which can be created upon successfully registering in a class, which I want this to be handled with Windows Forms. However I want to try and use the same database interface that the asp.net membership class provides. Also how do I go about auto setting the user roles upon creation if I can do this in Web Forms Hope this makes sense, didn't know exactly how to word the question. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I going to have to generate each field by hand and then try and match it as close as possible to the aspnet db information Would I just add a data source including the tables from the aspnet membership table and drag and drop the various fields I need from that onto my form and generate user creation through that and let the other fields, I'm assuming they auto increment somehow, generate on their own Or is there a simpler way I know I want to force usernames and passwords based on their personal information on there, at least for the students, which they can at least change their passwords afterwords. I'll be posting to multiple tables/databases, as I want extra information that the default aspnet membership database does not include, will of course have the usernames matching up with the appropriate primary keys for userid, or whatever the value is stored as in my membership table. Oh, one other thing, it wouldn't be hard to create a separate table for each user and a separate table for each course right I could create a stored procedure for this and upon creating a course or registering a student just fire off the stored procedure to create the table and populate the tables accordingly
[2005] Tree view and display pdf or doc's on web page   (127 Views)
Everybody, I am Praveen Danda, I am learning ASP.NET. I am facing some problems I hope you will help me out. This is the scenario of my project..... I am using VB 2005 and vb as back end. I am trying to create a website for a course...there are two roles in it ...Professor and Students.... 1. Professor will add notes (pdf files, word docs, zip files etc)....all these will be stored in a folder named 'Notes' on server hard disk.... 2. And when a student logs in....the list of sub folders and files in 'Notes' should be displayed as a tree view on the web page. 3. The main feature should be added to this is.....The professor should be able to Release/Block the files......and only the released folders and its files should be displayed on the tree view. 4. One more last task is......when the student clicks on the item of tree view list.....the file should be displayed on the web page. (you can use iframes or any new page to display that file).... I have no idea how can to handle this task......could you please tell me how to do and send me some sample code or some examples. Please forgive me if I made any mistakes in this email. I appreciate all your help through this forum. Thank You, Praveen Danda.
[2008] Onclick event to button created by code.   (197 Views)
Based on a selected value, I am creating a simple form programmatically. What I am trying to figure out is, how do I deal with a button click with a programmatically created button. sample Code: Private Sub Tree_SelectedNodeChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Tree.SelectedNodeChanged Select Case Tree.SelectedValue Case "terminate" sessionform() End Select Private Sub sessionform() Dim lblvalue As Label lblvalue = New Label Dim txtvalue As TextBox txtvalue = New TextBox Dim gobtn As Button gobtn = New Button gobtn.Text = "End Session" Panel1.Controls.Add(lblvalue) lblvalue.Text = ("Please enter a Userid") Panel1.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("")) Panel1.Controls.Add(txtvalue) Panel1.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("")) Panel1.Controls.Add(gobtn) I need to react to this button.click. End Sub
Re: [2005] Problem with DefaultCredentials   (164 Views)
I have a website with a very simple piece of ASP.NET code behind it. The website is running on IIS6 and is also running on our software distribution server (the code interacts with the SDK of the software distribution system). I can load the site (it's single form with an inputbox and a button) from my machine but as soon as I click my "Submit" button (which runs code to create certain objects within the software distribution system via the SDK) it gives a SoapException error which basically states the user does not have the rights to do what the code is trying to do. I thought that it was simply a matter of setting the Credentials property of the web service to System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials but that doesn't work. Anyone know how to ensure that a web service on a remote machine uses the credentials of the person calling it
[2005] "An operations error occurred." In Firefox but not IE   (116 Views)
hey , I have just finished developing in visual studio, and have now moved into the testing phase of the project. In visual studio, both IE and FF work correctly as they should. When running under IIS (5.1 on local machine, have not yet tested in IIS 6 on dev server), I get the following in FF: An operations error occurred Originally Posted by StackTrace at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.Find(Boolean findMoreThanOne) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindOne() at MBS.InvoiceRequest.Core.InvoiceRequest.GetActiveDirectoryInfo(String WindowsLoginName) in C:\Development\Invoice Request\InvoiceRequest.Core\InvoiceRequest.cs:line 430 at ASP.global_asax.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.RaiseOnStart(EventArgs e) at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState() at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute () at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) This is all the info on the error I can provide, as I am no longer in VS, as it runs fine in vs. My web.config file contains the following: Code: This is the function that is failing. Code: public static void CheckClientExists(string WindowsLogonName, HttpContext CurrentContext) { string[] _delimit = { "\\" }; string[] _username = WindowsLogonName.Split(_delimit, StringSplitOptions.None); int _clientId; string _sql = "EXECUTE sp_CountClientRows @client_username"; Queue _params = new Queue(); _params.Enqueue(new DataParameter("@client_username", _username[1], SqlDbType.VarChar)); DataAccess _da = new DataAccess(DataAccess.SqlServer.Local); int _rowCount = Convert.ToInt32(_da.ReturnSingleValue(_sql, _params)); if (_rowCount == 1) { string _sqlSelect = "EXECUTE sp_SelectClientId @client_username"; Queue _paramsSelect = new Queue(); _paramsSelect.Enqueue(new DataParameter("@client_username", _username[1], SqlDbType.VarChar)); _clientId = Convert.ToInt32(_da.ReturnSingleValue(_sqlSelect, _paramsSelect)); } else { string _sqlAdd = "EXECUTE sp_InsertClient @client_username"; Queue _paramsAdd = new Queue(); _paramsAdd.Enqueue(new DataParameter("@client_username", _username[1], SqlDbType.VarChar)); _clientId = Convert.ToInt32(_da.ReturnSingleValue(_sqlAdd, _paramsAdd)); } CurrentContext.Session["clientId"] = _clientId.ToString(); CurrentContext.Session["windowsLogin"] = _username[1]; return; } My local iis has Anonymous Access off, and windows auth check. The only way i can enable it to work in FF is to disable windows auth, and check basic auth, and put in my works domain name. However this produces the login box in IE. I need to have internet explorer be auto sign on (windows auth), and i know FF always asks, but its only a select few users who use FF, and they are aware they will have to put in credentials, but I need the page to work for them. I know its an authentication issue, but is there a solution for this
Re: Getting Started with Azure   (165 Views)
Need to nut out Azure fast (not my choice), so figured I'd ask for pointers. Basically went over the why and what, and started with the training kit. Anyone recently had to get his hands dirty with azure and know some good resources
[2005] setting XmlElement returned by web servic as dadata source of xmldatasource   (126 Views)
They have here in the company a web service that returns list of employees in XmlElement format. I want to attach an xmldatasource to this XmlElement, I mean the xmlelement (the list of employees and their information) as the source of my xmldatasource. Any idea pls, what code I should use to do that. I prefer a good practice for doing that in .net 2.0. If u think that using other thing than xmldatasource for gridview binding d be good, pls advise me. Thank u.
[2005] how to nest a repeater control inside a gridview column   (233 Views)
I'm using c# with ASP in vs 2005. I need to display multiple rows inside a single grid column which match to a value displayed in another column in the grid . It seems repeater control would help me as well. it should look something like this gridcol1 | gridcol2 ------------------------------------------------------------ val1 | rowval1 of Val1 | rowval2 of Val1 | rowval3 of Val1 val2 | rowval3 of Val2 | rowval4 of Val2 | rowval5 of Val2 Any samples or tutorials specific to this would be helpful...
Re: Event wont fire for Dynamic Checkbox!   (296 Views)
Hi all, I'm a beginner in programming and I've come to a point where I'm stuck. I'm using a panel that has a table in it. The table displays a question with an image and two checkboxes. The problem is that when you check a checkbox the event I created doesnt fire. Can anyone tell me why What am I doing wrong I dont know Here is the code below, and thank you in advance. AddQuestionToTable sets the Event Handler. CheckHasChanged is the event I wish to fire. Not firing. MyBut is an event for a static control, which works... Public Function AddQuestionToTable(ByVal QuestionName As String, ByVal QuestionImage As String, ByVal CurrentQuestionCount As Long) As Boolean 'Question Header Details / Cells Dim QuestionRow As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableRow Dim QuestionCell As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableCell Dim QuestionSelectedCell As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableCell Dim QuestionHistoryCell As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableCell 'CheckBoxes Dim QuestionSelected As CheckBox = New CheckBox Dim QuestionHistory As New CheckBox 'Image Details / Cell Dim ImageRow As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableRow Dim ImageCell As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableCell Dim ImageARow As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableRow Dim QuestionImageCell As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image Panel1.Width = Panel1.Width.Pixel(635) Panel1.Height = Panel1.Height.Pixel(800) DocumentTable.Width = DocumentTable.Width.Pixel(610) DocumentTable.Height = Panel1.Height Panel1.Style.Add("overflow", "auto") 'Define Cells QuestionImageCell.ImageUrl = QuestionImage QuestionImageCell.ID = "ImageCell" & CurrentQuestionCount QuestionCell.Text = QuestionName QuestionCell.ID = "QuestionName" & CurrentQuestionCount QuestionSelectedCell.Text = "" QuestionSelectedCell.ID = "CheckboxSelected" & CurrentQuestionCount QuestionHistoryCell.Text = "" QuestionHistoryCell.ID = "CheckboxHistory" & CurrentQuestionCount 'Add 3 Cells to Question Header QuestionRow.Cells.Add(QuestionCell) QuestionRow.Cells.Add(QuestionSelectedCell) QuestionRow.Cells.Add(QuestionHistoryCell) 'Add Image Cell ImageCell.Text = QuestionImage ImageRow.Cells.Add(ImageCell) 'Set Gridlines DocumentTable.GridLines = GridLines.Horizontal 'Add Rows with Celling included to Table DocumentTable.Rows.Add(QuestionRow) DocumentTable.Rows.Add(ImageRow) 'Setup Controls (Checkboxes, Image) QuestionSelected.Text = "Selected" QuestionHistory.Text = "History" 'Add Event Handler to Checkbox Controls QuestionSelected.AutoPostBack = True QuestionSelected.EnableViewState = True AddHandler CheckBox1.CheckedChanged, New EventHandler(AddressOf CheckHasChanged) QuestionSelected.ID = "Selected" & CurrentQuestionCount AddHandler DirectCast(QuestionSelected, CheckBox).CheckedChanged, New EventHandler(AddressOf CheckHasChanged) 'Increments are by 2 (Each Question is over two rows, 'Question name, checkbox and history on one, and image on the other.) DocumentTable.Rows.Item(CurrentQuestionCount * 2).Cells(1).Controls.Add(QuestionSelected) DocumentTable.Rows.Item(CurrentQuestionCount * 2).Cells(2).Controls.Add(QuestionHistory) DocumentTable.Rows.Item((CurrentQuestionCount * 2) + 1).Cells(0).Controls.Add(QuestionImageCell) End Function Private Sub CheckHasChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) 'Dim MyCheckBox As CheckBox = sender Dim MyCheckBox As CheckBox = DirectCast(sender, CheckBox) 'Dim MyCheckBox As CheckBox = CType(sender, CheckBox) System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(MyCheckBox.UniqueID & " is " & MyCheckBox.Checked) End Sub Private Sub MyBut(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Dim MyButton As Button = DirectCast(sender, Button) System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Button Text is:= " & MyButton.Text) End Sub
URL rewriting   (188 Views)
im confused about it, why are people creating an httpModule when you can just put your code in Application_BeginRequest, isnt it the same thing, whats the advantage and we dont need to rewrite the url at all if we use Response.End() or ApplicationInstance.CompleteRequest() after we send the content also, i found this podcast on msdn http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspxpostid=331501 its an interview wita a guy that has a very successful asp.net website, in the interview he gives us a few tips on asp.net optimization, and he mentions that he dosnt use any of the asp.net controls, so ive started doing things the old fashion way by constructing my webpages from plain html template files and inserting content from my database, it takes alot of string manipulation to do, dose anyone else do it like this this is something like what im currently useing Code: Private Sub Application_BeginRequest() If IO.File.Exists(Request.PhysicalPath) Then Exit Sub Dim Template As String = LoadNewTemplate(FilePath) InsertSomeContentFromSomewhere(Template) Response.Write(Template) HttpContext.Current.ApplicationInstance.CompleteRequest() End Sub note that i havent re written the url, but it still works like expected
Re: [2005] ASP Page centred   (317 Views)
Morning all, I have a simple web page containing two panels, one above the other. How do i get these panels to always be the centre of my page Even when the window is resized. Here is an example of what i mean.
Re: [2005] Prevent User Download File using URL in ASP.NET 2.0   (150 Views)
I have a small website which allow user to upload and download files. Before upload or download user must log in first. currently if other user know the URL(example: http://www.abc.com/uploaded/A.doc), they can download, just enter the URL in address bar in web browser. The website do not allow user to download the files that were uploaded by other users. How do I prevent the user from downloading other user files
[2005] referencing a A link element within Table cell using Javascript or DOM   (166 Views)
I have this code that refers to a table cell: var delLink = rows[i].cells[0] if inside the cell I have an link with id="myId" How do I refer to that element in my javascript code or my ajax client code so that I can associate some behaviour to the onclick. I know how to associate the behaviour, I just want to refer to the html element of my cell. Can u please show me how I can do that Thank you very much.
Re: [02/03] hidden form field and how to restore   (203 Views)
Respected Sir I have a webbased data entry form where I have 4 field. Once user login and insert data for 4 field. Once POST the data I would like to keep all 4 field data into hidden fields. Next once again I will insert data for another record I will PRESERVE 2 field data from hidden fields and next 2 fields will enter newly (in this way i can save my repetitive task where 2 fields are fixed) my question is how it can be done thru hidden form field pls help, from long days am looking for this solution mimi [email addy remove]
Re: League Structure   (237 Views)
Hi I also posted this at the Math forums but i hope some one from here can help me with this one: I'm building sport game and i really have hard time to find the correct formula of how to automate the building of each league games structure. leagues can come in various number of teams (eg. 4, 6,8,10...) each season is built from two round and in each round every team playing one match against each other. to make it even harder each team should play every second match in its own Arena... so if league is built from 4 teams it should be something like Code: First half of the season: Round 1 Team A Vs Team B Team C Vs Team D Round 2 Team A Vs Team C Team D Vs Team B Second Half of the Season Round 1 Team C Vs Team A Team B Vs Team D Round 2 Team D Vs Team C Team B Vs Team A if anyone can point me to the right direction it will be great.
Single Sign on and Sharepoint   (144 Views)
hi, we have developed a ASP.NET application that required a username and password to login and use the application. Now on of our customers wants to use Single Sign on with their Microsoft Sharepoint Portal. Basically they want their users to be able to login to the portal, and then be able to access our application, without having to provide their login details again. Does anyone have experience with implementing Single Sign on