SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Random image display query

Guys any ideas where i'm missing the point here still getting my head around this ASP lark

I want to bring back the entire product list, check how many records there were and use this as a basis for a random number then filter to that record. Any comments most appreciated, thanks.

Posted On: Saturday 24th of November 2012 02:52:36 AM Total Views:  310
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

How to call random picture from MySql database using asp.net   (148 Views)
like my title How to call random picture from MySql database using asp.net
ORDER by random   (148 Views)
Is there a way of ordering a selected database randomly If so does anyone know the string I would have to use for this
[2005] Using DirectoryInfo class to get the members of domain group succeeds randomly   (122 Views)
Hi , in the title it shgould be : DirectoryEntry not DirectoryInfo My colleague use DirectoryEntry class to get the list of users that belong to domain group. Often, the code works on the local developement machine with no problem. But, when we deploy the web site on the web server. Sometimes the code works and sometimes doe not work. If we inspect the members when the code fails, the properties, like : givenName, firstName, samuseraccount return nothing. Are you aware what might cause the directory info members to return nothing after it works for a while, or the opposit, meaning, it doesn t work first, and all of a sudden, it starts working. We tried both, using network serrvice account and a custom account. This is gonna drive us crazy
Re: [2005] want Help in generating random images   (136 Views)
hello all, i m facing a problem in generating random images... a ctually i wish to embade random text in certain image, for that i m using supporte methods by 'Image' type.. i m getting the result fine. but the problem is that i am not able to rotate the text any how.i am getting the staight forward text written in the image. instead of that i want something like this... [IMG]C:\Random1.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Online exam random Questions selection??   (139 Views)
Hi m a newbie doing a project in online exams in ASP.NET & MS ACCESS I have the following table containing Questions: QID(autono),Question,OptionA,OptionB,OptionC,OptionD and I have one more table Tests: TestID,QID,Question,OptionA,...OptionD,Duration Now m showing a form where I enter the number of Questions in the test & duration.I want a random function to pick up Questions from the Questions table(random enuf not to repeat Questions) and insert them to the Tests table(TestID will be provided while creating the test). Can sum1 help me out with both the above tasks.Its urgent pls help
Re: [2005] Protect folder and random url   (118 Views)
I want to upload a demo of my program to a folder in my host. I want that the access to download the demo is possible by user and password that I save in a db. Something very simple, with 1 page that the user introduces his user and his pass. I validate it. Until here ok. The problem is that I wan to create a masked url that allows the download the demo. That the user could not write the url in his browser and download it.... It is something that I have seen in many webs and I like the idea. For example: if i upload test1.msi to "DEMO" directory and the real url is this: http://www.myweb.es/DEMO/test1.msi but I dont want to show this url, but something like this: http://www.myweb.es/38924893478uueueue0928390283
How to get random data from DB?   (95 Views)
How can I get random data from specific field from SQL Server DB using VB .NETThank u fro ur time>
displaying random images and change text on every page load   (115 Views)
hi, I have div with two images at top n bottom and text in the center. on each pag load i want to change both the images and text as well as the position of div(MainContent). My code in asp.net as follows:Please help me with back end code Whether you are planning a business conference, awards ceremony, team-building adventure or product launch, we can help you to achieve your goals. Safiya Burnell Events offers complete event solutions. Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation. Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation.
Re: [2008] WCF Service timing out randomly   (197 Views)
I'm currently in the process of developing a forum system that uses a WCF server to get, process and store data. For the most part, it works like a charm, I have a pretty basic 3-tier model running in the background on the service and using data contracts to access whatever functionality I need. My problem is, that sometimes when getting data from my service, it just starts to hang, until it hits the 1 minute timeout, and I can't seem to figure out why. I always ensure that my service proxy's are closed, and I've even tried creating a while loop that ran til the state of the proxy's connection was closed, as to insure the object wasn't cached or some crazy thing like that I couldn't control. I've tried making a simple for loop(100 iterations), that calls a method on the service which returns a simple string - this it can do fast, with no problems what so ever. So I thought it might have something to do with my database connectivity. It just seems rather unlikely, since I also always ensure I'm closing down my database connections(I use the same method to access a plethora of procedures in my database - look below): Code: public DataTable CallStoredProcedure(string ProcedureName, bool query) { FbDataReader fbRead = null; var fbConn = new FbConnection(ConnectionString); var cmd = new FbCommand(ProcedureName, fbConn); cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; foreach (var arg in ProcedureArguments) { cmd.Parameters.Add(arg.Name, arg.Value); } cmd.Connection.Open(); try { if (query) { fbRead = cmd.ExecuteReader(); var dt = new DataTable(); dt.Load(fbRead); return dt; } else { cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); } } finally { ProcedureArguments.Clear(); cmd.Connection.Close(); while (cmd.Connection.State != ConnectionState.Closed) { } } return null; } I'm using a Firebird database, which my company has tried and tested in a production environment for several years without any problems. Neither me, nor any of my colleagues can seem to figure this out, and it's rather frustrating. Oh, one more thing - the problem seems to occur more frequently when I load my data through an AJAX update panel.
Compile randomly fails, then passes with no functional changes   (157 Views)
I have an ASP2.0 app that vacillates between no errors and 45 errors with minimal changes. When I say minimal I mean that I have added a space to a good file and the compile now comes up with 45 errors in pages that I didn't change, most of them in (apparently) temporary files with a name like App_Web_7rlgx5m3.0.vb. The temp filename changes every time I run a compile. I had this problem yesterday so I reverted to the previous days backups and it didn't work the first 2 times, the third time it did. I was desperate, so I was trying a lot of things hence the third attempt at resorting to previous day's backups. I was in the process of starting an incident yesterday when the third restore worked, so I just dropped the incident since the compile worked. I made a few minor changes today and got the same errors again. Here are the errors on the non-temp pages that I not get.: Error 1 'CreateResourceBasedLiteralControl' is not a member of 'ASP.admin_admin_master'. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\EnsignUSDTraining\Admin\admin.master 11 (code for this is ) Error 2 'Page' is not a member of 'ASP.admin_admin_master'. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\EnsignUSDTraining\Admin\admin.master 48 (code for this is ) Warning 45 Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Attribute 'border' is considered outdated. A newer construct is recommended. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\EnsignUSDTraining\Admin\admin.master 17 74 http://localhost/EnsignUSDTraining/ (code for this is ) Error 46 Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Element 'img' is missing required attribute 'alt'. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\EnsignUSDTraining\Admin\admin.master 17 39 http://localhost/EnsignUSDTraining/ (code for this is: ) Error 47 'NotLoggedIn' is ambiguous. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\EnsignUSDTraining\Admin\admin.master 1 1 http://localhost/EnsignUSDTraining/ (code for this is
Cursor vanishing at random when tabbing   (126 Views)
I've just been asked to look at an app where the cursor vanishes intermitantly when tabbing through text fields. If I tab straight through the form there's no problem. However, if I change a field and then tab sometimes the cursor vanishes, and sometimes it is okay. This is particularly annoying as you can imagine! There is no client side validation in the app, only server side - so when I make a change in a field that change is validated on the server. Any ideas what I should be looking for
Re: random number   (173 Views)
does anyone know the code for generating a random number. any help appreciated.
how to update data randomly in datalist and repeater controls   (130 Views)
hi!! i need a div tag which updates books from a database automatically. how can i achive this, can i use update panel of AJAX and under that the DATALIST or REPEATER control, also i have a view button which enables users to view the particular book.... how can i add image control in datalist,repeater controls which uses it's source from database to show the thumbnail of that book... how can i Achive these thing's...
Regarding the non repeated random values   (135 Views)
Hi I am creating online quiz in asp.net(c#). Its web based application. I have one label for question & radiobuttonlist for their answers and next button. After clicking next button next question will appear.I used simple random function for that. But problem is that when i click next button next question is coming randomly but questions gets repeating. I am thinking to take sequence order of the questions from database.How i can this Thank you. Random rnd = new Random(); var i = rnd.Next(1, 6);
randomnly show Text while typing   (127 Views)
Dear Experts, I am working on asp project and make a web application for the end users.i wish that in my application i also embed a code due to which users while type for the frnds search then randomly while typing application shows a corresponding names with that same aphabets. How to embed that concept on my application please suggect me as soon as possible.
i want to generate pseudo random password in asp.net with c# coding.   (155 Views)
i want to generate pseudo random password in asp.net with c# coding.
Store and use image on client   (108 Views)
, just looking for some suggestions. Basically, I have an ASP.NET web application with a logo in the top left hand corner of the masterpage, which comes from a SQL Server database. Rather than query the database every time the page loads to get the image, I figure I have a few options about where to store it. 1. Store the bytes in a session variable. 2. Store the jpeg in a folder on the server, and reference the URL as with a regular html page. 3. Store the logo in the cache on the users local pc, and only update every time the user logs in. Any ideas on what the best practice is Any links with tutorials on how to do this
Viewing image based on thumbs   (98 Views)
The Test FileInfo object is null. Are you actually binding a FileInfo object to the Repeater Post the code showing the data binding to the Repeater. ,
checkbox list with image   (104 Views)
plz tell me how to add image in checkbox list
Encryption and decryption of images in asp.net   (105 Views)