var theTel = document.form1.tel.value;
var theComments = document.form1.comments.value;
if(theName==''||theEmail==''||theTel==''||theComments=='') {
alert(' fields for this form are required');
} else if(validMail

Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 10:37:48 PM Total Views:  374
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Error after uploading to server,please help   (151 Views)
Can someone pleaseee helppp me with this error...Im struggling for 2 days with this silly thing. It just doesn't work after I upload it to the server or use it with IIS on my computer. But,otherwise,if I simply run it from Asp.Net 2005,It works perfect,Can someone please help me Thank you so so much....Here is the error... Server Error in '/website1' Application. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it Source Error: Line 44: [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("http://tempuri.org/World", RequestNamespace="http://tempuri.org/", ResponseNamespace="http://tempuri.org/", Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal, ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)] Line 45: public string World() { Line 46: object[] results = this.Invoke("World", new object[0]); Line 47: return ((string)(results[0])); Line 48: } Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\website1\05106d39\7eca5b4e\App_WebReferences._zgxp8ri.0.cs Line: 46 Stack Trace: [SocketException (0x274d): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it] System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) +1002146 System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) +33 System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) +431 [WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server] System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +1504525 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +103 websrv.Service.World() in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\website1\05106d39\7eca5b4e\App_WebReferences._zgxp8ri.0.cs:46 _Default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\vhosts\cdbyte.com\httpdocs\WebSite1\Default.aspx.cs:20 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
insert from text box to SQL please help RESOLVED   (129 Views)
i have my connections set up to the database i have a textbox called txt_name a btn called btn_submit how do i insert the information in the text box on the button click to my SQL database
Help with this please - Expression in datagrid   (102 Views)
I apologise to the moderators if this is a variation on my last question.I have two tables one to many. I want to display all the fields from the one table and one expresssion from the many table which is the result of using Max(DateOut) in my datagrid. Can anyone help me with the SQL and also how to get the expression into a text box in my datagrid.:confused:TIA
please check out my prob. pl solve   (263 Views)
using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using AGL.BO; using AGL.BLL; public partial class StatusListCreation : System.Web.UI.Page { AGL.BO.StatusListCreationBO busobj= new AGL.BO.StatusListCreationBO(); AGL.BLL.StatusListCreationBLL buslog=new AGL.BLL.StatusListCreationBLL(); protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (!Page.IsPostBack) { } } protected void LinkLogout_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { } protected void rdoNewContract_CheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { PanelExistingEntry.Visible = false; PanelNewEntry.Visible = true; } protected void rdoExistingContract_CheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { PanelExistingEntry.Visible = true; PanelNewEntry.Visible = false; RadioButton3.Checked = true; } protected void ImageSubmit_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) { Page.Validate(); if (Page.IsValid) { busobj._Status = RadioButton1.Checked; busobj._Statustext = TextBox1.Text; if (rdoNew.Checked==true) { busobj._Status = RadioButton1.Checked; busobj._Statustext = TextBox1.Text;//// from here its not connecting pl tel me how tp connect to business logic layer int insertSucceed = buslog.Statuslistinsertbll(busobj); if (insertSucceed == 1) { Response.Redirect("StatusListCreation.Aspx"); FnAlert("ststus inserted"); } else { Response.Redirect("StatusListCreation.Aspx"); FnAlert("status not inserted"); } } } } private void FnAlert(string msg) {//javascript message to display string strMsg = "alert('" + msg + "')"; string popupScript = " {" + strMsg + "}"; Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "PopupScript", popupScript); } //protected void Radioobuttonclick() //{ // if (RadioButton1.Checked == true) // { // RadioButton1.Checked = true; // } // else // { // RadioButton2.Checked = true; // } } This post has been edited by jjsaw5: 10 June 2010 - 05:34 AM Reason for edit:: please use code tags when posting code
How to do print in ASP.NET ...please help!   (158 Views)
Hi I am fairly new to asp.net and I am trying to do print on a aspx page. And I have looked around on existing forums but most of them talk about print from window form using print dialog. Could someone please help me by showing me some code or article on how to go about printing a aspx page on a button click event (using vb.net pref) without using the javascript window.print(). The reason I am not using the javascript is because it doesn't seem to be working on a Mac IE browser and more importantly I want to learn how to do it on the server side. I know I would have to use the following classImports System.Drawing.Printing Imports System.Drawingbut not sure how to implement it and how to capture a default printer for the client. If it can be done in the first place
Button event not firing in IE - any advice please!   (107 Views)
I have a asp:button with an onclick event. When clicked, it fires the onclick event in Firefox, but does absolutely nothing in Internet Explorer. The page doesn't even post back when the button is clicked. The button is contained in a panel. Here is the (shortened) code: aspx file: Code: code behind file, the Add Employee method: Code: protected void butAdd_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { int eId = Int32.Parse(Request.QueryString["id"]); string initials = Server.HtmlEncode(tbInitials.Text).Replace("'","''"); string firstName = Server.HtmlEncode(tbFirstName.Text).Replace("'","''"); string otherName = Server.HtmlEncode(tbOtherName.Text).Replace("'","''"); string surname = Server.HtmlEncode(tbSurname.Text).Replace("'","''"); string fullname = Server.HtmlEncode(tbFullName.Text).Replace("'","''"); string phone = Server.HtmlEncode(tbPhone.Text).Replace("'","''"); string fax = Server.HtmlEncode(tbFax.Text).Replace("'","''"); string email = Server.HtmlEncode(tbEmail.Text).Replace("'","''"); int ss = (cbSS.Checked) 1:0; int bg = (cbBG.Checked) 1:0; int paid = (cbBGPaid.Checked) 1:0; string title = ddlTitle.SelectedValue; string lang = ddlLanguage.SelectedValue; string emc = ddlEMC.SelectedValue; string dpt = ddlDepartment.SelectedValue; string pos = ddlPosition.SelectedValue; if (surname.Length < 2) { labelSubmit.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Crimson; labelSubmit.Text = "Some fields are invalid. Please ensure that you complete as many fields as possible."; } else { string u = "INSERT INTO Employee(EntityId,Surname,LanguageID,EMCId,TitleId,Initials,FirstName,OtherFirstName,DepartId,PositionId,Phone,Fax,Email,SSRequested,BGRequested,BG2000Paid,FullName) "+ "VALUES("+eId+",'"+surname+"','"+lang+"','"+emc+"',"+title+",'"+initials+"','"+firstName+"','"+otherName+"',"+dpt+","+pos+",'"+phone+"','"+fax+"','"+email+"',"+ss+","+bg+","+paid+",'"+fullname+"')"; SqlHelper.ExecNonQuery(u); labelSubmit.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Navy; labelSubmit.Text = "Employee added successfully."; listEmps(); } } There are some other linkbuttons on the page, which also fires events, and they are working fine in both browsers. Has anyone else come accross this problem before
Webservice, no XML please!!   (103 Views)
I made a webservice which returns a requested value. This is in XML, is it possible to receive a string from a webservice Please don't tell me I should use XML, in this case I just don't :p.Thank you in advance,Wouter
Sql service not working, please help   (93 Views)
hello , so I'm working on an online examination project, I'm using sql as my data source but whenever I try to run the application it gives me this error over and over " A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)" I googled the problem and found out that I need to enable the sql server remote access so I did so but it didn't fix it, it seems like the application cannot access the sql server at all! I even tried changing the built in account from Network service to Local system but it gives an error saying " The specified Resource name cannot be found in the image file". :S and when trying to start the service manualy it says " the request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion. Consult the event log or other applicable error logs for details". this is really frustrating. plz help Please give detailed steps on how to solve this problem. Thank you
I need great help please!   (121 Views)
Guys, i currently on a project and i am totally stuck on a part. i am using ASP.net To create my websites, aspx files, I am creating a flash board game. I used actionscript 3.0 to write out my codes, about chinese Checkers. how do i pass my actionscript movement to my asp.net NEED help please.
asp.net problem please help me out   (128 Views)
Hiiiiiii alllllllll I have developed a project in asp but now I want to convert it into asp.net. How can I Can anybody please help me out plz plzzzzzzzzzz Waiting for response what ever u know friendzzzzzz kkkkkkkkk byeeeeee
err..code check please   (94 Views)
I'm doing a blog script in ASP and I got a problem in editing my entry but there's no error appear. is there anything in my code Untitled Document Hi | Logout Admin Panel >> Edit Entry: Title:
Help with my query please   (118 Views)
Here is my script for login page..here is the code Dim conn As New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;data source=" & Server.MapPath("database\UsersPasswords.mdb")) Try Dim query As New OleDbCommand("select * from userspasswords where userName='" & txtUsername.Text & "' and userPass='" & txtPassword.Text & "'", conn) conn.Open() Dim datareader As OleDbDataReader = query.ExecuteReader() datareader.Read() If datareader.Read = True Then Label1.Text = ("You are logged in") Else Label1.Text = ("Wrong Username or Password") End If conn.Close() Catch ex As Exception Label1.Text = (ex.Message) End Try End Sub The Query gives me the error.."No value given for one or more required parameters" but i had typed the values into the textboxes, Also the database only consists of username column and a password column. any help would be appreciated
please help in this projet   (96 Views)
we are doing a project on controlling e-devices using DTMF... BASIC CONCEPTS: MOBILE GSM is a digital network, a modem is not required between the user and GSM network, although an audio modem is required inside the GSM network to interwork with POTS. A unique feature of GSM, not found in older analog systems, is the Short Message Service (SMS). SMS is a bidirectional service for short alphanumeric (up to 160 bytes) messages. DTMF TONES GENERATOR DTMF (Dual Tone Multi-Frequency) tones as used on TouchTone phones. The number can be dialled by clicking the appropriate buttons on the keypad or pressing the keys 0 - 9, *, # etc on your keyboard. The sounds used for touch tone dialing are refered to as DTMF (Dual Tone Multiple Frequencies) tones. Each number (as well as the "#" and "*") is represented by a pair of tones.The standard defines the DTMF tones for 16 keys, but telephones only use 12 of these 16 keys. The remaining 4 tones are sometimes used within the telephone networks. RELAY CIRCUIT The PC is connected to the relay device to execute the output of the project. The relay device acts as OOK switch for the purpose of on and off of the devices that are connected to the mobile via PC Anything you can control with a relay, you can control with this project. From the bedroom lights to the TV or stereo, you're only limited by your imagination with this project. The price & availability of solid state relays makes it possible to control large current loads with (very small) control current requirements The relay circuit is the on off switching. One end of the induction coil is grounded and the other end is given as +5V.When the +5V signal is given to the induction coil the spring expands and generates magnetic force that performs the on off operation in the electrical devices WE NEED A MODULE FOR COMMUNICATING(getting ack,status of devices) FROM THE SLAVE MOBILE TO MASTER MOBILE OR PC TO MASTER MOBILE CAN ANY ONE HELP US in what way we can do it
Any body who having sap tutorial please give me ?   (188 Views)
Hai VBCity Members, Any boby who having SAP tutorials in PDF,NOTEPAD,etc please Help m
new to asp.net!! please help with this great piece of code   (149 Views)
hi,i have tried to serarch a lot but no use... :(i have following code on the click event of an image button Code:Private Sub imgBtn_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles imgBtn.Click Session("acd2") = maCode.Text Session("aname") = maName.Text Server.Transfer("frmPic.aspx", True)End SubThis works fine but i want to open the frmPic.aspx in new windowplease help!!
Help me please!   (98 Views)
Dear all,I'm trying to insert image into and read from database(I'm using MSSQL server 2000) through my asp application.Anyone could help me finish thi
Can you please help me   (118 Views)
I want to send a fax from my ASP.Net. Can anybody help me with this problem
filter a datset with select, please help me   (122 Views)
I want to selcet from a ds only rows with status like 7, and then put it into a new dataset.I only get a error saying: cannot fint table 0PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Code:Dim dsDelete1 As New DataSet() Dim filterExp As String = "vp_status ='7'" Dim drarray() As DataRow Dim i As Integer drarray = dsChanges.Tables(0).Select(filterExp) For i = 0 To (drarray.Length - 1) dsDelete1.Tables(0).Rows().Add(drarray(i)) Next dgShowList.DataSource = dsDelete1 dgShowList.DataBind()
hello friends i have one urgent querry please help me.   (97 Views)
installation help please?   (112 Views)
Hi(noob) I need to get something working from some code I have and I need to know is it possible to do without some sort of source codeI have a working server with a .NET application on it, is it possible to take the aspx files and all the dlls and get it to workI have created an application pool and copied the file, but I just get a Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'somenames_in_here.Default'