SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

News letter Updates

hi Guys,

need your help. I am developing a site using asp.net. want to add a page which contains a space for narratives, information, news updates.

I am not sure how to do it. I thouhgt of the following:
1. use word doc and save as html
2. create an aspx page with a panel, then write down all what I need inside the panel
3. Other option that I am not familiar with,

Your guidance is appreciated.

By the way, the information will not change by the user, It will chance once every month, so I guess, I d not need to connect to the database and pull the narratives or what do you think,

Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 01:34:29 AM Total Views:  546
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

SQL stored procedure declaration aspx.vb {resolved}   (380 Views)
I'm trying to do some sql statements in my asp. I have a my sql statement all created. I'm kind of lost on how to integrate my sql statement into my aspx.vb Need help in declaration.Here is my code:Code: create procedure ChartNumIncr as Set Identity_Insert chartassignment on insert into chartassignment(med_chart#) select Max(med_chart#)+1 from chartassignment set Identity_Insert chartassignment offI get blue squiglies under the words I have in red bold.
Accessing Windows Service from an Asp.Net page   (225 Views)
i created a windows service in vb.net and it is running fine. i also had created a test application to work with the System.ServiceController class to see how that works for starting and stopping windows services. i would like add the ability to start and stop my service from an asp page. i have added the code to stop my service (pretty much copied it exactly how it was in the test app). when i click the button to start/stop the service i get an 'Access is denied error'. is there something i need to do in order to get access to the services on a machine through asp
Table Relationships SQL server 08 express   (221 Views)
OK so I have never ever touched asp.net and have absolutly no idea what I am doing. I create database structures via SQL Scripts not GUI enviornments. So I am trying to learn ASP.NET and I have started an MVC Web App project. I have an account table and an address table and an account_addresses_xref table. account account_id name status_id blah blah blah addresses address_id city state blah blah blah account_addresses_xref account_id address_id Creating these tables was fairly easy. I now want to make them constrained to each other. So I right clicked the account_id field on the xref table and chose 'relationships', It says to click "Tables and Columns Specifications" so I did. It askes for the Primary Key table in which I choose "accounts". It had defaulted the Forien key table to "account_addresses_xref" naturally. I click OK and it tells me "The new relationship must have at least on pair of realted columns"....oooook so I click "Help" and it tells me "The relationship must relate at least one column from the foreign-key table to at least one column in the primary key table. Select a column from each table or delete the relationship" -- OK I don't see where I can do this, I thought that is what I was doing. Is there a way I can just write out my database structure in a script and run it and not have to use this crap Please advise both questions, how do I create relationships through the GUI and how do I hack in my own damn SQL script.
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'   (228 Views)
hello , ive been looking all day trying to solve this one but i have no luck everytime i try to login from VB6.0 from my local machine(XP) it call "global.asa" file which is in our server(Server2003) and SQL Server 2005 the code for global.asa Sub Session_onstart Set Session("DBS") = Server.CreateObject("DBSession.DatabaseSession") Session("DBS").FilePath = "some path" Session("DBS").FileName = "Server.UDL" End Sub Sub Session_onend Set Session("DBS") = Nothing End Sub basically the error occur at Set Session("DBS") = Server.CreateObject("DBSession.DatabaseSession") and the error is error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3' , cant create object im not sure what dll the DBSession.DatabaseSession use but i try registering directdb.dll, still i get the same error. i hope you can help, would really be appreciated
RestFul service & SQL Query   (170 Views)
I'm working on a ReST service for a website. I'm wanting it to the following call http://www.somewebsi...c/Staff/{param} and show the results. I keep getting this error with the following code. I've worked with VB in ASP.NET before but I have never worked with ReST services. I would appreciate any help. Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Rest.Service1.Staff(String param) in c:\Rest\Service1.svc.vb:line 46 Code: Public Function Staff(param As String) As String Implements Service.Staff SQLStr = "SELECT Name_First, Name_Last, email_1 FROM tbl_people WHERE Name_First LIKE '%" & param & "%' OR Name_Last LIKE '%" & param & "%'" Dim SQLConn As New SqlConnection Dim SQLCmd As New SqlCommand Dim SQLdr As SqlDataReader Dim jss As JavascriptSerializer jss = Nothing SQLCmd.Connection = SQLConn SQLCmd.CommandText = SQLStr SQLConn.ConnectionString = ConnString 'Set the Connection String SQLConn.Open() 'Open the connection SQLdr = SQLCmd.ExecuteReader Try While SQLdr.Read() Return jss.Serialize(SQLdr.Item("Name_First") & " , " & SQLdr.Item("Name_Last") & " , " & SQLdr.Item("email_1")) End While Catch ex As Exception Return ex.ToString End Try SQLdr.Close() SQLConn.Close() End Function
EnterpriseLibrary 3.1.0.0 - Rolling Flat File Trace Listener to genera   (222 Views)
Hi all, I have implemented code like following. If i changed the system date manually then its working fine, a new file is created with the current date. But the cases like if i starts the application on 6th March 2008 11:59:00 PM , And working till 7th March 00:05:02 AM. Its not creating any new log file with the current date.Its logging only at "trace.log". Please help me how to resolve this..
online hotel reservation system   (209 Views)
how can i desing the database for an online hotel reservation system
Need an explanation of Silverlight and XML   (150 Views)
First of all i need to talk that its great website I need to Know and learn about what actually the XMAL CODE and How is organized
Mouse Hover Resize Panels and Controls at Runtime..   (353 Views)
Hi everybody, I like to resize panels and controls at runtime when mouse hovers at a specific control. How exactly you would do that1. How would you determine the mouse position in the screen and location of particular side of a control to change cursor display type 2. How would you resize control selected What I like to do similar to what you can do at design-time with resizing controls when mouse hovers over controls but this time resizing them during run-time. Using Javascript or not is ok.
Dropdownlist confusion   (138 Views)
While I have been programming for windows and using classic asp for several years, the Visual Studio 2005 Asp.Net DropDownList has me scratching my head. Perhaps I am spoiled by the ease with which a dropdownlist is "bound" to both a "target source" and a "list source" in the windows .NET environment. I was expecting similiar ease when I started poking around with asp.net under VS 2005, but was immediately confused and am slightly embarrassed by my stupidity. Can some explain the generally accepted method of using the Dropdownlist For instance, let's say I want a dropdownlist that is bound to CUSTOMER.STATEID and whose list is populated by a table called states with fields ID and STATEABBR. STATEABBR would be the field displayed in the dropdown, but the value would come from ID . Or if someone could at least point me in the direction of a resource somewhere that explains the proper way of doing this. This seems like a very basic function, so I expect it to be fairly simple. I suspect I just need to disconnect my "Windows" thinking for a bit to understand this process.
How to separate value from xml string?   (285 Views)
I am creating a website with asp.net and sql server 2008. I used count() to count number of rows in a table and returned the result in a label. The label does show 43(counted rows) on the web page but I cannot use label.text anywhere in the code afterwards because it says its in invalid format. When I debug it i see this string stored in the label: 43 The Code I have written is: mainprog y = new mainprog(); //mainprog is the main class I have (C#) DataSet d = null; d = y.stdcount(); //stdcount() is the function for counting number of rows in table stdno.Text = d.GetXml(); //stdno is the label I am using to output the value of count After this I have to use that count as an argument in the next function. How can I separate count from the above string I will be
check not performed properly on special character   (210 Views)
I have a string that contains a special character "" (e.g:endommag) and when i want to perform a check to get the key that correspond to this text, the check is not performed properly and I don't know how to make it work SqlCommand cmd7 = new SqlCommand("select lp_num from panne where lp_nom = '" + lp_nom + "'", connection); and the lp_nom = "endommag"
superscript/Subscript in drop down   (320 Views)
I have dynamically populated a drop down list on my page. The text in the list contains superscript and subscript, but while displaying they are shown as or tags only. Ex: I want to display X3, the text coming to drop down is X3, but its displayed as X3 and not X3.
assign oracle sequence number to parameter value   (217 Views)
In asp.net, I have an insert sql command. One of the parameter in the insert command is oracle sequence number.Currently, my sql command is:CODEsql.CommandText = "insert into gas.transpmtvchr values ("sql.CommandText = sql.CommandText & ":vchrno,:account,:amount,:narration," & "gas.sno.nextval)"gas.sno.nextval gives the next sequence number of sequence SNO. I tried to make this field too a parameter field but it did not work.I changed the sql command to:CODEsql.CommandText = "insert into gas.transpmtvchr values ("sql.CommandText = sql.CommandText & ":vchrno,:account,:amount,:narration,:entryid)"Dim EntryidParam As OracleParameter = New OracleParameterEntryidParam.ParameterName = ":entryid"EntryidParam.OracleType = OracleType.NumberEntryidParam.Direction = ParameterDirection.InputEntryidParam.Value = "gas.sno.nextval"sql.Parameters.Add(EntryidParam)When the program executes the following line:CODEsql.ExecuteNonQuery()it goes to exception block with exception message:Failed to convert parameter value from a String to a Decimal.gas.sno.nextval is a string but I have to write it this way to generate the next sequence number
Dynamic control type and ID   (283 Views)
I'm trying to create dynamic controls which type and ID depends on some row data retrieved from a database.For example if the data column "productType" is "1", then create a textbox with ID the same as the column "productID".I've tried using a Repeater. But the problem is there seems to be no way to retrieve the value of a particular field to a variable (instead of a data-binding element) and then set the ID of the textbox as the control is rendered. I searched around and seems like most solutions point to iterating the repeater, finding the control, and then setting the properties.. but it won't work in this case because I'm not sure how to find the appropriate control in the first place
DataGrid Delete Method   (285 Views)
I have a datagrid that is populated using a TableAdapter via a simple piece of Business Logic Layer code.The poulation works perfectly and I then added a delete command column to the grid. In my BLL there is a delete method that works when called from code and I assigned this to my ObjectDataSource from which the table is populated.However when a user clicks on the delete link I get the following error...ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'DeleteEntry' that has paramaters 'GuestbookID, original_GUESTBOOK_ID'Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error For a start I can't work out why there are two paramaters as the method I've created only required 1, the GuestbookID. help would be much appreciated.Cheers, Steve G (MCP)
Auto Uploading of File HELP   (182 Views)
I need to upload files to a WebServer but need to do so without obvious user interaction ie as part of a particular process, a Word file is created automatically on the client in a temporary directory. The name of this file is automatically generated by the process. The file then needs to be uploaded to a specific directory on the Web server. The user is not aware of where this file is located or what its name is, so a file box with browse button is not appropriate unlike the example here. I wish to upload the file programmatically with the known name.
Need Help opening new browser and retrieve results   (204 Views)
I'm trying to open a new browser window, allow the user to select a date, pass the date back to a textbox on the parent window, and close the child. Everything seems to work fine except the textbox does not get filled with the date. What am I missing Is there a better way that this method Examples are always welcome.ParentWindow.aspx: WebForm1 http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"; name="vs_targetSchema"> ParentWindow.aspx.vb:Public Class WebForm1 Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected WithEvents txtDate As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Protected WithEvents btnPopUp As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button#Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code " Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Put user code to initialize the page here End Sub Private Sub btnPopUp_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnPopUp.Click Dim strFeatures As String Dim strScript As String Dim strURL As String = "ChildWindow.aspx" strFeatures = "'height=320;width=320;'" strScript = "" strScript &= "window.open('" & strURL & "','," & strFeatures & ");" strScript &= "" Response.Write(strScript) End SubEnd ClassChildWindow.aspx: ChildWindow http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"; name="vs_targetSchema"> ChildWindow.aspx.vb:Public Class ChildWindow Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected WithEvents Calendar1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar#Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code " Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Put user code to initialize the page here End Sub Private Sub Calendar1_SelectionChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Calendar1.SelectionChanged Dim strScript As String Dim strDate As String = Calendar1.SelectedDate strScript = "" strScript &= "window.opener.form1.txtDate.text ='" strScript &= strDate & "';" strScript &= "window.close();" strScript &= "" Response.Write(strScript) End SubEnd Class
Which IDE, is Dreamweaver really that bad???   (159 Views)
HiI am pretty new to doing this hard core .Net development. I come from a web design background and have been building database driven sites for a year or so in ASP. However now im trying to learn ASP.NET and I am using Visual Sudio .Net. I have been learning .Net and Visual Studio for a few weeks and find V Studio really hard to use as a website development tool. Its design view is really limiting In the past I have used Dreamweaver and found this really good, I tried Dreamweaver MX which has .Net support and found it so much easier. I am considering using Dreamweaver MX as my development tool, is this a bad idea I have noticed that it doesnt offer code behind pages Does this mean I will lose the speed of .Net as the code is not pre-compiled etc... I am only looking to develop Websites so I dont really need the functionality of the Windows App's etc... I think basically im trying to work out what .Net functionality do i lose by using MX.In the past I have found that Dreamweaver is not considered as a devlopment tool but is it really that badMany
Need data available several aspx pages down.   (269 Views)
.Net Experts,here's something that I just can't seem to get a handle on. What I am basically trying to do is have the user enter their email address on one of the very first pages that they come to, and then later, and what I mean by later is, several aspx pages down, be able to get to that email address on another page. I have been combing the internet trying to figure out the best way to do this. I don't want to do the session thing because some of our clients may have cookies disabled. See, this is going to be one of the very first pages that they come to. Then on like, the very last page, just before they submit the form, there is a radio button list that's laid out like so:CODE Enter an email address not on this form. Use the employer email address entered on this form.Where "Use the employer email address entered on this form." is the email that they entered on the first page. I have considered the 3 methods of, you know, Server.Transfer, Response.Redirect, and Cross Page Postbacks but I want to know what YOU say is the BEST and/or SAFEST way to do this. Please note that I am pretty new to development. Only about 2 years now, and security is my utmost concern. Also, the information is saved in a database as the clients will be moving from page to page. One more thing, I kind of have an idea as to how to retrieve the data with javascript on the radiobutton click event as I have this in my Page_Load event on the last page:CODEIf Not Page.IsPostBack Then rblConfirmationSentAddr.Attributes.Add("onclick", "FillEmailBox();")End IfAnd then in my aspx page on the last page:CODE function FillEmailBox() { var rdolist_0 = document.getElementById("rblConfirmationSentAddr_0"); var rdolist_1 = document.getElementById("rblConfirmationSentAddr_1"); if (rdolist_0.checked) //do stuff to clear out box so client can enter an email address in the box if (rdolist_1.checked) //stick email address in the box that the client entered from the first page }There are 2 other pages where I want to do this same thing, I just need to know how to get to the data to fill some textboxes when I click the different buttons on the radiobuttonlist. For example, I have two other pages named employmentaddress.aspx and the next page is address.aspx. When the user enters their employer address info and clicks the "Next Page" button to move to address.aspx to enter their home address info, I have another radiobuttonlist laid out like this:CODE This address is the same as my current resident address. This address is the same as my current employment address. I have a separate mailing address.What I want to do here is when the user clicks "This address is the same as my current employment address." it populates some textboxes I have on this page (address.aspx) with their address info from the previous page (employmentaddress.aspx). Is this at all possible to do, or am I just dreaming (-: That would be SWEET if I could get this to work!
Installing VS 2005 on x64 Pro   (221 Views)
Has anyone had the experience of installing VS 2005 on Windows XP x64 ProfessionalIt's supposed to be compatible, but I've been getting an error every time I try to install it and it ends up with an incomplete install. "Error 1304 Error writing ot file .... verify that you have access to that diretory."
Textbox Highlight all text on click   (263 Views)
In my aspx page i have a textbox that is used for users to enter a search string, on load of the page i have a text value set to Search.....the object in the page is as below:What i am looking for is when the user clicks into the box either the text dissapears or all of the text becomes highlighted so they are able to type over the text.Is this possible responses would be greatly appreciate
Web Control Library--how do I get it for VS 2005?   (111 Views)
It doesnt seem to come with the download for creating Web Application projects but is referenced in many places online. Help "The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is responsible. Universes of virtually unlimited complexity can be created in the form of computer programs."-Joseph Weizenbaum
Bind only few porperties of an object to datagrid.   (115 Views)
I have an object with 15 properties and i want to bind only 5 of them to various ccolumns in a datagrid. How can i do that.right now when i bind the object to the grid , it shows all the 15 colummns. i need only 5 and the columns to be displayed are known at design time.Any code snippet or link to an article would be greatly appreciated
sorting DataGrid without knowing names of fields   (226 Views)
Hi all,I have a DataGrid that's never populated using the same SQL query. Since the column (field) names are usually different, I don't know of a way to create a SortView based on a member of my dataset's DefaultView. Is it still possible to sort this DataGrid If so, ho
ASP.NET With JavaScript   (151 Views)
I have the following ASPX code:function showHide(){ if(document.scopeform.loc[0].checked==true){ document.scopeform.lname.style.visibility="hidden" } else{ document.scopeform.lname.style.visibility="visible" }}Sub Page_Load(obj As Object,ea As EventArgs) ................................... lname.DataSource=objDS.Tables("Locations").DefaultView lname.DataBind()End SubSub SelectEName(obj As Object,ea As EventArgs) ......................... .........................End Sub
Return a Datareader from a function   (201 Views)
HiI often use datareaders to populate drop-down boxes etc. I generally return a datareader from a class/function with the commandbehaviour.closeconnection, and then close the actual datarader connection in the consuming function of where it gets passed to.Does anyone see any data access design issues with this
send an image on browser   (229 Views)
hi,i'm reading an image and will send it to the browser.Is there a way in asp.net to send this byte object on the browser, for example Write or HttpResponse or something else regards
Event handling on dynamically created page   (103 Views)
all,I have a problem that has had me scratching my head for many hours. I hope someone can help.I have an ASP.NET application that I have been working on. It contains a page that dynamically adds a series of labels and radio buttons to a PlaceHolder object based on the value of the URL parameter and the contents of the database.I am successfully adding the controls and setting variables such as CssClass and Text. However, I am trying to add an Event Handler object that will fire when any of the dynamic radio buttons are checked. The code that does this looks like:CODEforeach (Control c in parent.Controls){ if (c.GetType().ToString().Equals("System.Web.UI.WebControls.RadioButton")){ ((RadioButton) c).CssClass = "radioButton"; ((RadioButton) c).GroupName = "QuestionGroup" + questionCount.ToString(); ((RadioButton) c).CheckedChanged += new EventHandler(this.rb_CheckedChanged);}}The code does some other things, but I won't swamp you with that now.The event handling function looks like:CODEprivate void rb_CheckedChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e){ //Find the current selected RadioButton RadioButton oRb1 = (RadioButton)sender; if (oRb1.Checked) { // Do some more stuff... }}My problem is that when I run this code, the event handling function is not getting called at all when I click on a radiobutton. The other radiobutton attributes are getting assigned because the associated style sheets and text values are correct, but I am stumped with why I can't get the event handling code happening.Can anyone help me outMany