SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Newbee SQLConnection problem

Here is the function that creates the connection.

Private Shared Function Connection() As SqlConnection

Dim conHalloween As New SqlConnection()
Dim strConnectionString As String

strConnectionString = "User Id=sa;" _
"Server=charlies;" _
"Database=Northwind"

conHalloween.ConnectionString = strConnectionString

Return conHalloween
End Function

This is the result I get when the page comes up after it is suppose to create a dataset from the database.

Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

The server is not the MSDE that comes with Visual Studio.NET but the Developer edition of SQL Server 2000.

Any help would be greatly appeciated

Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 01:47:41 AM Total Views:  127
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Simple question   (221 Views)
What would happen if I don't place a global.asax file in the root of a website I have a page with a submitbutton.click event that fires and calls an event handler. When I click the button on the page the code is not run and the debug does not run either. The validation does fire when I click the button though.
Call function after button click   (210 Views)
I'm sure this has been answered, but I sure haven't been able to track it down. I've been told there is a way to run a code-behind function from an asp:button click (i.e., I have two buttons on the same page, and want one button to run a function, and the other button to run a separate function). Can someone confirm that this is possible and perhaps share a simple example assuming it is
ProfileProvider with Windows Authentication   (250 Views)
I have an existing ASP.NET 2 webpage using Windows Authentication. I'd like to set up a custom Profile Provider so I can stop storing all the user information in sessions.I have created the class FormsProfileProvider (it's for an online form site) and it inherits from ProfileProvider. I've only bothered to overload the Get and Set PropertyValues methods for now; the rest just thrown "Not Implemented" exceptions.I've set up my web.config to use the provider like this:CODE But when I debug the code my GetPropertyValues method never fires and the HttpContext.Current.Profile object is of type ProfileCommon but all of my custom properties give the exception "The method or operation is not yet implemented".I've tried setting up a Membership Provider but it wouldn't fire the Validate User method until I tried forms authentication and even then my profile didn't work.The other problem I have is when I try to just use Profile.Admin it gives me "The name 'Profile' does not exist in the current context"Can someone help me out
Link Button breaks validation   (206 Views)
I have a form which takes in details, including a couple of dates. I am using calendar control to select the dates. The calendar control is a separate user control and there is a link button next to the date text fields. When the link button is clicked the calendar control pops up and the user can select the dates. I am using a comparison validator which enables me to compare the dates.This however is causing validation problems for other controls. I have required field validation controls. It breaks the validation checks, i.e. no validation is performed, if there is a problem with the dates selected.Also randomly either the linkbuttons do not work(do not display the calendar control as a pop up) or the submit button does not work i.e. neither the form is submitted nor any validation is performed. Any ideas, what might me happening
Nested Repeater   (179 Views)
I have an aspx page that has a Web Usercontrol uc1 the control just has a repeater on it and another user control with an additional repeater, when the page loads I can bind to the first conrol and this control and I have it populate with ID's, Firstnames, and LastNames and I have an additional colum that has an image button on it. When the user clicks on this image button I want a second usercontols repeater to be populated with addresses of the ID that was clicked on from the first repeater.I am new to using controls in this way, and I don't know how to pass my values back and forth.Any help on how to pass my values and re-bind to my contorls and were my code needs to be would be greatly appritiated. Ordinary ProgrammerMCAD
AsyncPostBackTrigger and UpdatePanel   (168 Views)
We are trying to get an updatepanel to refresh when another updatepanel within the same tab refreshes. We are trying AsyncPostBackTrigger to accomplish this. The code below works when you manually click the button but does not work on the refresh. Any help is appreciated. And the code is simply: protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { UpdatePanel5.DataBind(); }
Need to know the entire Sowftware developement cycle   (128 Views)
Hi Everyone.I am excited to know the entire software development lifecycleof .net .I mean how it goes in a proper company.Are there any websites which provide this info in detail.Please reply if any one knows
using email components   (242 Views)
Dear all,I tried using the following code to send email.First, I was getting "unable to relay" message.Then I granted access to localhost (127.0.0.1).Now, I no longer get the error but I don't receive any emails.What am I doing wrongPlease see my entire code.THanks in advance.CODE Sub sendRequest() 'create the mail message Dim mail As New MailMessage() 'set the addresses 'to specify a friendly 'from' name, we use a different ctor mail.From = New MailAddress("helpdesk@work.com", "Help Desk") 'since the To,Cc, and Bcc accept addresses, we can use the same technique as the From address 'since the To, Cc, and Bcc properties are collections, to add multiple addreses, we simply call .Add(...) multple times mail.To.Add("john.doe@yahoo.com") 'set the content mail.Subject = "This is an email" mail.Body = "this is the body content of the email." 'send the message Dim smtp As New SmtpClient("127.0.0.1") smtp.Send(mail) End Sub 'sendRequestI invoked it by simply putting sendRequest() in sendButton() event handler.
Excel Spreadsheet Question   (180 Views)
How do you use a excel com object in vb.net behind a asp.net page. I have tried using the following code but is not successful. I basically need to be able to write to a spreadsheet cell by cell from a dataset (not just push a whole datagrid out to excel). Any help is appreciated.
Editing XML file from ASP.NEt page.   (333 Views)
I need to edit an XML file by changing values that I am getting from an ASP.Net page. This is more proof of concept, I just want to see if it's feasible. I want to do is have a user enter a Customer Name and a Subject and click Enter. Once they click Enter an XML is changed to reflect the information. I know this is probably easy to do and would appreciate any links to figuring out the process
DataSet designer VS ADO.NET   (178 Views)
HiAnyone got any opions on the table adapter (Dataset designer) vs hand coding ado.net.
Insert into Access db and optional fields   (231 Views)
I have created an asp.net form page which inserts the inputted data into an Access db. I have some form fields that are not required, but, when left blank, I am getting an error message stating that the values are missing.I have them set up in my Access table as not required. Has anyone else had/resolved this issue The non-required field I am currently working on is @red,"txtRed" Sub SubmitProject(ByVal s As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) objCmd = New Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand("INSERT INTO tblTemp (owner, manager, projtype, pf, status, @red, @volume,@cutin)", objConn) objCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@owner", ddlOwner.SelectedItem.Value) objCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@manager", ddlMgr.SelectedItem.Value) objCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@projtype", ddlProjType.SelectedItem.Value) objCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@pf", ddlPF.SelectedItem.Value) objCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@status", ddlStatus.SelectedItem.Value) objCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@red", txtRed.Text) objCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@volume", txtVol.Text) objCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@cutin", Convert.ToDateTime(txtCutIn.Text)) objConn.Close() objConn.Open() objCmd.ExecuteNonQuery() objConn.Close() Response.Redirect("Default2.aspx"
Odd AJAX update panel behavior   (213 Views)
I have a page that has an AJAX ModalPopupExtender on it. That extender opens a div that has an AJAX UpdatePanel on it. That update panel has a combo box, a list box and an ImageButton on it. The immage button (an OK button) is referenced by the popup extender as the default accept/close button. The image button also has code in the code behind page. The combo box is set to post back and the list box is populated on the combo box's selection change.So here's the oddity. If I:1) Click a button on the web page to open the modal popup2) Click the 'OK' buttonThe code behind the OK button will NOT fire, but the popup will close correctly.If I:1) Click a button on the web page to open the modal popup2) Select an item from the combo box3) Click the 'OK' buttonThe code behind the OK button will fire, but the popup will NOT close.Thoughts-Rick VB.Net Forum forum796 forum855 ASP.NET Forum I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.
Wizard control   (160 Views)
I am using a wizard control and I have setps for contact information, comments and summary. I would like to pass the comments to the summary page for the users to see the comments they write and I am wondering how can I pass the comments to the summary page. any help is appreciated. , here are some issues I see:your start on ActiveStepIndex 2 not ActiveStepIndex 0.your code behind does not have an event for ActiveStepChanged.you pass the email address and body to the SendMail function, but you don't use the arguments, you reference the controls text directly in the function. if that's the case simply do Private Sub SendMail()... End Sub. then from the save event call Me.SendMail().you declare a client CustomValidator function, but you don't reference the function in your code.I would also use CSS and/or skin files for HTML formatting to reduce the clutter. Jason MeckleyProgrammerSpecialty Bakers, Inc.
How to protect my folder   (237 Views)
My question is how can I block the users from seeing my folders. for example the full path to get to the page ishttp://tchw2ks009/estimating/index.aspx but the user just type http://tchw2ks01/estimating/ they can see all my folders and even click the folder and run the program from there.
Enumerator (newbie question)   (194 Views)
I'm trying to understand what an Enumerator is..Is it similar to defining user-defined data typesThis is what msdn says:"Enumerators can be used to read the data in the collection, but they cannot be used to modify the underlying collection.
ASP Discussion Forum Software with AD authentication   (207 Views)
I'm hoping to establish a simple forum/bb on our intranet and I was hoping to have users automatically authenticated. Can anyone point me in the direction of discussion forum/bulletin board software that is built to use AD-integrated authenticatio
Deciding on development tools   (140 Views)
Sorry for posting there here. I wasn't quite sure where to post it.We have SQL 2005 containing project and client info. We want to merge, server-side, this info into various MS Word templates such as transmitals. Ideally a web based application would be great as we have many office across the country and can not count on every computer having all the service packs, etc, installed.I've been researching VB .NET 2005, ASP.NET, and VS Tools for Office 2005. I realize VB has Windows forms and Web forms. This is where my confusion begins.Do I need VS 2005 or can I live with VB .NET 2005We dug up a copy of VB .Net 2003 that we found during a move. Is 2005 much bette
Connection String   (235 Views)
Help for newbie. I have an asp.net project that I am yaking over. It is written in C# with a MySQL as the backend. I can't locate the connection string. In the web config file I see this Which is where I thought the connection string was to be located.
Adding descriptions to methods, functions, subs...   (237 Views)
I know that I've ran accross this before, but I can't seem to find it (I think that it could only be done in C#). Does anyone know how to add the descriptions that you see via Intellisense to each function, sub, etc (and each function parameter
Creating A "Virtual" Page   (295 Views)
I don't know the official term for what I'm trying to create, but this is what I want to do:I have a webform which will display detailed information about a university course (title, instructor, description, etc.). This webform will be databound to a database of courses. The way I know how to do it is by specifying a course in the querystring like http://mysite.com/course.aspxcourseId=5, where 5 is the course ID in the database. However, this is not pretty in terms of users linking to or bookmarking this page.I'd like the user to be able to navigate to http://mysite.com/pmo123.aspx or http://mysite.com/pmo234.aspx, where the filename is actually the course name. However, I DO NOT want to have to create a separate webform for each course. I want to create one file which will pull the database record that matches the filename minus the extension (SELECT * FROM COURSES WHERE name='pmo123').Is this possible Someone please tell me yes!
Write ID3 Properties to an MP3 file on the server   (182 Views)
Does anyone know a way to alter the ID3 attributes of a mp3 via .NET These properties are read/write so I'm thinking there should be some way of accomplishing this...
publishing - precompiled updatable site   (248 Views)
I am having a few issues when publishing with the precompiled updatable site option.Basically I have a .net website which, and have some business layer type classes (in same project) that we utilise across many pages, secuirty functions, site vars etc, I am alos using master templates to get some site wide vars etc out to many pages.What i want to do is publish the site to the server, with code behind and classes compiled and aspx / ascx files updateable for HTML editors to amend content / design.I cant get the site to work once published as precompiled updatable site, it cant find the vars and functions used in the aspx / ascx files that are declared and working in the code behind files.The site works, when precomplied fully, but isnt updatebale.The site works fine if straight copied to server, dont want to do this to protect source code, and improve performance.I am a little confused by the statement in this MSDN article"A precompiled updatable site does not allow multiple pages to reference the same CodeFile class."http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/399f057w.aspx Is this the reason the site doesnt work now
ASP.NET Directory Architecture   (301 Views)
I have a fairly easy question that more likely than not has numerous subjective answers, but I need some help nonetheless.I have programmed in .NET for a while mostly winform applications, but I have never owned a very large scale web project before. Well, that time has arrived and now that I am through gathering requirements I was horrified to realize that I couldnt plan out directory architecture well.In the classic ASP days I could easily visualize the cleanest structure for includes providing for clean code re-use and separation of file types (img,js,xml,swf folders etc). As the site drilled down the sub directory structure for various site components provided for ease of management too. So my question is how do most of you design your directories to provide in growth in complexity in your code line for an ASP.NET site There will be eventually 14 very separate and complex areas (used for financial and OLAP reporting), but a single header file in the ASP days would work fine here (page titles and meta data needs to be fetched from a table). Any opinions would be great!
Show property value in a repeater   (207 Views)
I have the following strucure: public struct AvailableSkillDetails { public int ID; public int CDT_ID; public int SKI_ID; public bool DIPLOMA; public DateTime DIPLOMA_DATE; public string DESCRIPTION; }I put several of these objects in a sortedlist. Now I want to databind the sortedlist to the repeater. How would i display the value of the property "description" for each entry in the repeater
SQL Parameter problem   (276 Views)
I'm trying to insert some new rows in a SQL database thru ASP.NET. I keep getting: "The name 'Code' is not permitted in this context. Only constants, expressions, or variables allowed here. Column names are not permitted". The column name I'm trying to enter data to is called: Code. It is of type int.Here's an example:CODEtry { connSQLServer = new SqlConnection(strConnSQL); connSQLServer.Open(); int Code = 7; string strSQL = "INSERT INTO ICRSupervisor (Code) VALUES(Code)"; SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(strSQL, connSQLServer); cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); } catch(Exception e) { AlertMsg("ERROR: " + e + ""); } finally { connSQLServer.Close(); connSQLServer.Dispose(); }I will appreciate any help provided with the syntax.
User registration and sign in for website visutal studio   (390 Views)
I have spent the better part of two days trying to find some direction on this. I am trying to add a simple user registration and sign in page (and then a members only page) to a website. I am trying to use visual studio but am will to try anything anyone can suggest.Does anyone know of a good, step by step tutorial to do this I have found one video tutorial that mentioned it but quickly went through it as thought you already knew how to do it. I downloaded a Sybex manual and it discusses securing the site with a predefined user list but I cannot find how to enable the user to register and then sign in as a member Any direction to a tutorial, a FAQ, a guru in Africa...whatever...would be GREATLY appreciated I am in a time crunch for two sales presentations both of which need this one thing.THANK You in advance!
How can i use macromedia projects in asp.net?   (654 Views)
I designed a menu with macromedia dreamweaver.It created a javascript and a file like *.js by it self.I wanted to use this menu in my asp.net project therefore i copied the html codes and files from macromedia and pasted into my project.additionly i added the js files into my asp.net project.When i run my asp.net project i can see the menu but the menu is not working properly.It's colors must change when the mouse is on but not work.Macromedia project is created by javascript codes an html tags like this:Program creates an error message for OnMouseOut tag.How can i use macromedia projects in asp.net.I want to include the macromedia codes in my project like this:how can i do i
Gridview paging   (218 Views)
I have a gridview with paging enabled. It shows 15 items at a time. In a search there could be 100s of items. Obviously I only want a particular 15 items returned from the database at a time. How can I enforce thisThe way I would do it with a datagrid would be get the required number myself and set up paging with virtualitemcount. This isn't possible with gridviews. I've read documentation and haven't been able to get a clear cut answer. Any info would be great.
rich text editor in asp .net   (231 Views)
I'm looking for source code to add a rich text editor to my asp .net. the website needs a rich text editor to be able to update an access database and retain the format when pulled in. Where can I get code for a rich text editor in asp .net
How to setup iis   (210 Views)
I just installed vs2003 on my home machine and I would like to be able to create asp.net applications on it. I installed IIS but I don't know what to do next. When I try to create a project it says "Visual Studio has detected that the specified web server is not running asp.net 1.1. You will be unable to run asp.net web applications or services."Can someone help me get started I searched some for it and checked out the FAQ section, but didn't see anything.
inherits explanation   (135 Views)
Can someone explain to me exactly what the inherits="xxxxxxxxx" does in asp .net. I have noticed that I cannot copy a asp .net project after it has been built out of the directory to a parallel directory and it still work, but it will work on a subdirectory of where it was created. The inherits ="xxxxx" is always the directory where it was created, is this needed Also is there a way to make it work if I copy it to a different direcotory other than a subdirectory of where it was created
Browse folder window in asp.net   (205 Views)
Hi Guys,Can I run a vbscript function in asp.net I want to run the following code to show a browse window to select a folder. When I run I get a error message "Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object expected". set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")Set objFolder = objShell.BrowseForFolder (0, "Select a folder:", 0, "C:\")Set objFolderItem = objFolder.SelfobjPath = objFolderItem.PathobjPath = Replace(objPath, "\", "\\")Is there any way of showing a window to select a folder
Decimal to 2 places?   (137 Views)
I am calculating a percentage in a function and returning the result as a decimal.How can I format it to return to 2 decimal placesShould I be using DecimalMuch obliged.J ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A community development project in asp.net - http://www.whatsthehampton.com/
Sorting a collection   (241 Views)
HiI have written a function which passes the field name, sortargument (either ASC or DESC) and a collection of unsorted people to a back end module.This part works fine, but I do not know how to sort the collection!Can anyone give me any advice on this pleaseHere is the function in the back end module :-----------------------------------------------------------Public Shared Function Sort(ByVal SortColumn As String, ByVal SortArgument As String, ByVal UsersToSort As LegUsers) Dim SortedUsers As LegUsers If SortArgument = "ASC" Then For Each user As LegUser In UsersToSort 'sort ASCENDING by SortColumn Next Else For Each user As LegUser In UsersToSort 'sort DESCENDING by SortColumn Next End If Return SortedUsers End FunctionEnd Class----------------------------------------------------------
Missing Something Obvious?   (354 Views)
Been away from coding for a few weeks due to holiday and excess other work but now I've come back something is stumping me.I currently have a form on a page. When the edit button is clicked it takes a value from a drop down list and assigns it to both a global variable and an object property. The form then fills itself with data and does not overwrite either variable or property.That works perfectly. The bit that doesn't is as follows:Once I've filled the form I can change the details and click submit. However, when the submit button is clicked both the property and variable are blank, infact the object is wiped entirely. The only place that makes any change to either the variable or the property is the edit button.To help clarify what I just said, the edit button code:CODE Private Sub Editbtn_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Editbtn.Click refpk = Editddl.SelectedValue requ.RefNo = refpk requ.GetReq() 'all this does is get the correct db record and assign the fields to properties tbReqNo.Text = requ.ReqNo 'conid = requ.ContractID tbCost.Text = requ.CostPlus tbValue.Text = requ.ReqValue tbDesBy.Text = requ.DesignBy tbIssuedBy.Text = requ.IssuedBy tbIssuedOn.Text = requ.IssueOn tbDesc.Text = requ.Description'At this point requ.RefNo and refpk are set correctly End SubThe submit button codeCODE Private Sub submit_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles submit.Click Dim filename As String'At this point requ.RefNo and refpk are un set requ.ReqNo = tbReqNo.Text requ.ContractID = conid requ.CostPlus = tbCost.Text requ.ReqValue = tbValue.Text requ.DesignBy = tbDesBy.Text requ.IssuedBy = tbIssuedBy.Text requ.IssueOn = tbIssuedOn.Text requ.Description = tbDesc.Text requ.Locked = False test = requ.WriteToDB(refpk) 'This simply attempts to write the modified record to the db and returns either an error or confirmation filename = requ.ToExcel() 'Saves the data in an excel spreadsheet requ.mailer(filename) 'mails xxx to say its been saved Response.Redirect("main.aspxfile=" & filename) End SubI'm sure this is something simple and obvious. Any suggestions
Refer parent function in custom control???   (245 Views)
i want to build a custom control that has a overridable function. This function can be overridden by the implementing page.e.g.:.ascx file has this functionpublic overridable FunctionName() as booleanend functionin .aspx i need to be able to override this function. like so:overrides FunctionName() as booleanresponse.write("Yeah!!!")end functionbut since the aspx file inhertis from page it is unable to override the custom control function.Can this be done I am open to other suggestions for implementing the same functionality... Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull
Major Session problem - urgent help needed please   (201 Views)
In my Global.asax I have been using it to set the session variables however when I close the browser window and open up a new window I am still able to access pages as if I am logged in. This is a major security problem obviously and i'm not sure if its something which I have done wrong or an IE problem. Should I clear the session variable somewhere else in the global.asax. Can anyone suggest here I might have gone wrong. protected void Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e){ // login info Session["UserID"] = ""; Session["Company"] = ""; Session["VacID"] = ""; Session["VacChangeID"] = ""; Session["AppID"] = ""; Session["AccID"] = ""; }protected void Session_End(Object sender, EventArgs e){ // on session end, redirect to home page Response.Redirect("index.aspx"); // clear all session variables Session["UserID"] = ""; Session["Company"] = ""; Session["VacID"] = ""; Session["VacChangeID"] = ""; Session["AppID"] = ""; Session["AccID"] = "";}
Accessing runat server control via client script   (200 Views)
I am using the datagrid control in ASP.NET It is a server side control. Can I reference it with client side script and set properties on the columns If so how do I reference it For example I tried document.all.DataGrid1.Columns(1).Visible = false And I get the error that it is null or not an object.
Reading session variable from another project?   (178 Views)
everybody!Does anybody know how can I read a session variable from another project To make it more clear I have a solution with several projects, only one of them has global.asax and web.config files. In this project I write some session variables, let it be session["user"] and session["state"] and then I call a page from some another project inside this solution. There I try to read these sesion variables but get nothing. Maybe I need to set up my application some way Or, I don't know... how to handle this problemThank you!
Convert function into class?   (216 Views)
Converting from Classic ASP -- using VB .NETOk - I have a function called checkNull in VBScript:CODEFunction checkNull(fieldValue2,decimals) If isNull(fieldValue2) Then checkNull = 0 Else checkNull = FormatNumber(fieldValue2,decimals) End IfEnd FunctionI am lost as to how to integrate this into ASP .NET.I can include it in my .aspx file and it works fine -- but I should be able to build a class with this function (and then a few others) -- and then import it into my aspx page shouldn't II'm guessing the file will look something like this:CODEPublic Class DataFormatting : Inherits PageFunction checkNull(fieldValue2 as double,decimals as integer) If len(fieldValue2)=0 Then checkNull = " " Else checkNull = FormatNumber(fieldValue2,decimals) End IfEnd FunctionEnd ClassI call this file DataFormatFunctions.ascx (and I know I missed some important stuff in this file)....I hate to ask like this but I am lost and becoming frustrated:1. can someone glance at this and point me in the right direction -- that is all the text in my ascx file -- and I know I am missing something(s).2. what do I need to add to my main aspx page to make these functions available to the main aspx pag
How to work with MS Word 9.0 and ASP.NET?   (553 Views)
I have a client that has not upgraded to Office 2003. They still use Office 2000. I have created some reports using a datagrid and converting the page to Word with the following: If Not Page.IsPostBack Then Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "inline; filename=BP_CaseStatus.doc") Response.ContentType = "application/msword" Response.BufferOutput = True Response.ContentEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8 Response.Charset = "UTF-8" EnableViewState = False Call buildTheCalendar(Request.QueryString("CalType")) End IfThe users complain that when the report prints the pages do not break properly. They break in the middle of the cells which cuts off data.Does anyone have code samples that show how to correct this proble
TagPrefix / Include Question   (237 Views)
I get an error on the following line of code:CODEParser Error Message: File or assembly name CrystalDecisions.Web, or one of its dependencies, was not found.Source Error: Line 1: Line 2: Line 3: Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\CrystalReporter\Report.aspx Line: 1 Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web' could not be loaded.=== Pre-bind state information ===LOG: DisplayName = CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=9.1.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=*KEY*(Fully-specified)LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/CrystalReporterLOG: Initial PrivatePath = binCalling assembly : (Unknown).===LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.LOG: Post-policy reference: CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=9.1.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=*KEY*LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/crystalreporter/7d8ae7ce/4d9204c7/CrystalDecisions.Web.DLL.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/crystalreporter/7d8ae7ce/4d9204c7/CrystalDecisions.Web/CrystalDecisions.Web.DLL.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/CrystalReporter/bin/CrystalDecisions.Web.DLL.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/CrystalReporter/bin/CrystalDecisions.Web/CrystalDecisions.Web.DLL.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/crystalreporter/7d8ae7ce/4d9204c7/CrystalDecisions.Web.EXE.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/crystalreporter/7d8ae7ce/4d9204c7/CrystalDecisions.Web/CrystalDecisions.Web.EXE.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/CrystalReporter/bin/CrystalDecisions.Web.EXE.LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/CrystalReporter/bin/CrystalDecisions.Web/CrystalDecisions.Web.EXE.*KEY* is my registration key.I am probably missing something simple, Can someone tell me what I am forgetting to include
SkmMenu and IFrames   (128 Views)
Has anyone ever used the skmMenu w/ Iframes If so could you supply an example http://www.skmmenu.com/menu
Defining a Public variable   (218 Views)
, How do I define a variable as public so that no matter what sub routine I am in the variable still holds it's value. For instance, I want to define MYVAR to be public as a string. Then I will pass a textbox value to this variable like this; MYVAR = textbox1.text, from user input on the form. I need MYVAR to hold that textbox value unless the user changes the value in the textbox again. Everything I have tried so far only holds the value in the current sub routine that assigns the value. MYVAR clears as soon as that sub routine is ended.
I can't see the VB.NET's controls in the internet   (209 Views)
I made a very simple ASP.NET application and when I publish it in the www.mycompany.com, I can see the index.aspx without the VB.NET control I used.Thanx in advanced
__doPostBack General Question   (241 Views)
My understanding of the __doPostBack function is that it will load the __EVENTTARGET.value and __EVENTARGUMENT.value with the name of the control that has initiated the "post" This makes perfect sense to me, because this is how the server eventually knows which control's event to fire.BUT... the __doPostBack function IS NOT CREATED if, for example, all you have on your web form are 2 command buttons....and here's my question: If all you have on your web form are to command buttons, and there is no __doPostBack function created, how does the server know which of the 2 buttons was clicked
Multiple DropDown Boxes - Best Practice   (253 Views)
I'm currently working on a new application and it has brought up a question of the best method for dealing with a page of many dropdowns, each of affecting the items in another. I'll try to explain the situation a bit.I have a page with 4 dropdown lists which are all at populated from an SQL database. The user first selects a name from a list populated on page load. Another drop down allows the user to select a device type (i.e. computer, printer, scanner). When either of these are changed the Devices dropdown updates from the DB with a list of all the devices of the chosen type for the chosen user. Choosing a different Device Type also updates the items in a category dropdown.Hope that makes some sense!What I'd like to know is, is there a best practice for coding this style of page. At the moment it works but I'm not sure the code is that optimised. For example choosing a new user causes the app to have to look the username up in the database just to get their userID. I dont really want to do this as it has already looked to that table in the db when populating the list in the first place. But how can I know what userID goes with the user in the list The app then looks that up in the DeviceLine table to find all devices for that user pulling out their DeviceID's. Then it looks to the DeviceTable to get the actual device information based on the DeviceID.This is a lot of calls to the database. The main problem I have with this method is populating the users from the database and then looking back to it to pull out the userID. Is there a way to associate the id with each entry in the dropdownbox without displaying it I've considered populating arrays for all the data on page load but is this a good idea as much of the data won't be needed and therefore I'm wasting time pulling it all from the database in advance. I know this is probably unclear as it's a fairly open-ended and complex question. ideas welcomed.Cheers, Steve G (MCP)
Compiler Error in System File   (220 Views)
Hi. I am not sure how to tackle this error. The error is in a file that i didn't wite ... a system file i think. It shows the location of the file but i don't want to muck about in files that i didn't produce. Does anybody recognize this thanks in advance.Error Message: Compiler Error Message: CS1518: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or structSource Error:CODELine 149: #line hiddenLine 150: Line 151: public default_aspx() {Line 152: System.Collections.ArrayList dependencies;Line 153: if ((ASP.default_aspx.__initialized == false)) {
Correct Page Timing Out (or other suggestions welcome)   (145 Views)
Background:User has an ASPX page to input several report parameters.The Input Page has an OWC component that reads in from an XML Data Source.I have an ASPX page that Generates the XML Data for the OWC control.Process: User enters parameters, clicks button to generate report. OWC control is rendered with input being from the XMLsource provided by my XML only page.In general, this is working fine.However, if the user selects a report with a tremendous amount of detail, the aspx page that generates the XML Document appears to time out after approximately 5 minutes.One example of this data is a query that returns a dataset with 408 rows. EACH of the 408 rows are parsed into individual 30 row records in the OWC object. Each OWC row has 27 cells filled. So, in this example, the XML datafile needs to create data for 330,480 individual cells.The user does not mind waiting the 1/2 hour (or whatever the time period is) to generate the page. I just need to get it to generate!Suggestions would be most appreciated