SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Need Help Screening New Hire

Hi ! I'm a newbie regarding Visual Studio.net and am in the process of interviewing a developer for a project that is 3/4 complete. I need someone up to speed very quick, and am interested if anyone can help me with some good questions that will weed out the applicants that are BSing. I've learned in the past that a resume is only worth the ink it's printed on. If anyone has any good suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

BTW - if anyone is in the Dallas area and is VERY good at ASP.net, C#, and Crystal Reports.net, feel free to shoot me your resume. This is for the next month or two in the Fort Worth TX area. Otherwise, I'd appreciate the help with the screening!

Posted On: Tuesday 1st of January 2013 10:16:55 PM Total Views:  172
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Deleting a file from a directory   (219 Views)
I am able to view a directory and also upload a file to a directory, I am having trouble deleting a file in the directory Here is my code for the Default.aspx Page Accessing a shared folder protected void Button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { if(FileUpload1.HasFile) try { FileUpload1.SaveAs(@"\\ned-505\c$\CaleroShared\" + FileUpload1.FileName); Label1.Text = "File has been successfully uploaded"; } catch (Exception ex) { Label1.Text = "ERROR: " + ex.Message.ToString(); } else { Label1.Text = "You have not specified a file."; } }         and here is the code in my Default.aspx.cs page using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.IO; using System.Linq; using System.Web; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; namespace NetworkFolderAccess { public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page { protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { } protected void Button3_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { string fileName = ""; fileName = Convert.ToString(FileDelete); try { if(File.Exists(fileName)) { File.Delete(fileName); Label2.Text = "File deleted successfully"; } else { throw new FileNotFoundException(); } } catch(FileNotFoundException ex) { Label2.Text += ex.Message; } catch(Exception ex) { Label2.Text += ex.Message; } } } } This post has been edited by TheGame1083: 25 September 2009 - 12:03 PM
MultiViews   (132 Views)
I had to set up the 3rd case which was misspelled on the CS. That is why it was not working. case 2; break;
Membership Login Control with Drop-Down Not Working!   (194 Views)
The main problem is there isn't a control on the page called LoginUser.However, I'd also be concerned that displaying a list of usernames on a login page isn't deemed a security risk. Mark,Darlington Web Design | Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledge | ASP.NET Tips & Tricks
ListBox control problem   (168 Views)
I am used to Visual Foxpro and am trying to learn ASP.net 4. I am having problems with a bound listbox control. The DatasourceID = SqlDataSource1. The listbox shows all the all the rows of a certain field, but when I click on a single selection in the Listbox, nothing happens. Then I tried changing the select command in the SqlDataSource1 DataControl and chose Control (ListBox1) from the parameter source drop down list. After this, the list box does not even get populated. I am used to "wizards" in Foxpro and I found ASP.net difficult.
WCF timeout error handling on client side   (338 Views)
,I am serching solution for one problem since few days but no success. My problem is, I have handled timeout error in client of WCF error in such a way that if data is large to fetch, after 10 minutes(as all timeout in web config of client are set to 10 minutes) it should show me customize message 'Too many records to fetch, please modify criteria'. It works on my local system as per expected but if I put it in test server(Service is in one test server and Client application in one test server) it gives me following runtime error. The message could not be processed. This is most likely because the action 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/SCT/Cancel' is incorrect or because the message contains an invalid or expired security context token or because there is a mismatch between bindings. The security context token would be invalid if the service aborted the channel due to inactivity. To prevent the service from aborting idle sessions prematurely increase the Receive timeout on the service endpoint's binding. The thing is if I set SendTimeout in test server client config less than 20 seconds then it works fine but we should not be limited upto 20 seconds as it is awfully short.Please help me on this because it is urgent now.
Server Application Unavailable   (164 Views)
I built a site and place it under IIS (windows 2003) and whenever I tried accessing the site on the server itself it gives out the message "Server Application Unavailable". I tried looking on the Application log of the server but can't find any error there that could help me narrow down the cause of the error. Would appreciate some help.
Receiving SMTP messages   (177 Views)
I've read a lot all over the internet about how it is possible to send emails using SMTP. However, I would like to know if anybody knows how to RECEIVE emails using SMTP. Basically, I have an email adrress on an SMTP server and I want to know if I can check it using VB .NET 2003 Dan GriffithsSoftware AnalystNational Grid plc
how to pass values from page to page   (302 Views)
greetings good experts.In classic asp, I would pass values via hidden form or query string.Can someone please show me how this is done in asp.netI am using vb.net version 2.0 and I am working with vs.2003So far, anything I tried has failed.I am trying to pass only 6 values from page1.aspx to page2.aspx. 2 of those values is checkboxList.Here is an example of what I am trying to do.CODEOption Explicit On Imports SystemImports System.DataImports System.Data.SqlClientImports System.XmlImports System.WebImports System.DrawingImports System.Web.UIImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsImports System.Web.UI.HtmlControlsImports System.Web.UI.PageImports Microsoft.VisualBasicImports System.Web.HttpApplicationImports System.Web.HttpResponsePublic Class _default Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected WithEvents txtAuthName As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Protected WithEvents txtservice As System.Web.UI.WebControls.checkBoxList Protected WithEvents txtcheck As System.Web.UI.WebControls.checkBoxList Protected WithEvents txtAuthJob As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Protected WithEvents txtAuthPhone As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Protected WithEvents txtservice As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBoxList Protected WithEvents txtccCheck As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBoxList Protected WithEvents btnSave As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button Protected WithEvents txtAuthEmail As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox#Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code " 'This call is required by the Web Form Designer. Private Sub InitializeComponent() End Sub Protected WithEvents service As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBoxList Protected WithEvents ccCheck As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBoxList Protected WithEvents AuthName As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Protected WithEvents AuthJob As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Protected WithEvents AuthPhone As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Protected WithEvents AuthEmail As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Protected WithEvents submit As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button Protected WithEvents Form1 As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm 'NOTE: The following placeholder declaration is required by the Web Form Designer. 'Do not delete or move it. Private designerPlaceholderDeclaration As System.Object Private Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init 'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form Designer 'Do not modify it using the code editor. InitializeComponent() End Sub#End Region Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Put user code to initialize the page here Me.txtAuthName.Text = Request.QueryString("AuthName") Me.txtService.Text = Request.QueryString("cService") Me.txtcCheck.Text = Request.QueryString("cCheck") Me.txtAuthJob.Text = Request.QueryString("AuthJob") Me.txtAuthPhone.Text = Request.QueryString("AuthPhone") Me.txtAuthEmail.Text = Request.QueryString("AuthEmail") End Sub Private Sub btnSave_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Response.Redirect("requesters.aspx" + "&AuthName=" + Server.UrlEncode(Me.txtAuthName.Text) + "&cService=" + Server.UrlEncode(Me.txtCheck.Text) + "&cCheck=" + Server.UrlEncode(Me.txtAuthName.Text) + "&AuthJob=" + Server.UrlEncode(Me.txtAuthJob.Text) + "&AuthPhone=" + Server.UrlEncode(Me.txtAuthPhone.Text) + "&AuthEmail=" + Server.UrlEncode(Me.txtAuthEmail.Text)) End SubThis is not working.I am getting an error that the way I am doing checkboxlist is incorrect. Please. please help
hi, I have a linkbutton that when   (130 Views)
hi,I have a linkbutton that when clicked, the ajax modal pops up.however, I do not want to click on the link to launch the model popup.Instead, I would like javascript to execute the link button when my webpage loads up.like this,but that doesnt work.thisis where i need your help.
DataGrid Delete Method   (271 Views)
I have a datagrid that is populated using a TableAdapter via a simple piece of Business Logic Layer code.The poulation works perfectly and I then added a delete command column to the grid. In my BLL there is a delete method that works when called from code and I assigned this to my ObjectDataSource from which the table is populated.However when a user clicks on the delete link I get the following error...ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'DeleteEntry' that has paramaters 'GuestbookID, original_GUESTBOOK_ID'Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error For a start I can't work out why there are two paramaters as the method I've created only required 1, the GuestbookID. help would be much appreciated.Cheers, Steve G (MCP)
Passing variable   (179 Views)
I have some code that uploads a file (excel) to our server (asp.net).. CODE Sub Upload_Click(Sender as Object, e as EventArgs) ' Display properties of the uploaded file FileName.InnerHtml = MyFile.PostedFile.FileName FileContent.InnerHtml = MyFile.PostedFile.ContentType FileSize.InnerHtml = MyFile.PostedFile.ContentLength UploadDetails.visible = True' Let us recover only the file name from its fully qualified path at client Dim strFileName as string strFileName = MyFile.PostedFile.FileName Dim c as string = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(strFileName) ' only the attched file name not its path ' Let us Save uploaded file to server at C:\ServerFolder\ Try MyFile.PostedFile.SaveAs("C:\ServerFolder\" + c) Span1.InnerHtml = "Your File Uploaded Sucessfully as: ..C:\ServerFolder\" & c Span3.InnerHtml = "Thank you! Click TRANSFER to import to access. " BtnTransfer.visible=true catch Exp as exception span1.InnerHtml = "An Error occured. Please check the attached file" UploadDetails.visible = false span2.visible=false span3.visible=false BtnTransfer.visible=false End Try End SubI have another page that takes that file and imports it into access (asp)CODE Dim cnnExcel, rstExcel Dim cnnAccess, rstAccess Dim strExcelFile Dim strAccessFile strExcelFile = Server.MapPath(".") & "\Server\" & "ExcelExportData.xls" strAccessFile = Server.MapPath(".") & "\ImportData.mdb" The question I have is.. is there a way I can pass that C variable into my asp file
Dropdownlist in a detailsview updating   (180 Views)
I have the following code that has a dropdownlist in the detailsview. When I click update I get thisCould not find control 'drpTime' in ControlParameter 'startTimeDisplay'. Keywords Start Time Current Start Time:    
how to move a .net app to new hardware (iis 5 to 6)   (192 Views)
I have an old machine running a .net app (C# - SQL Server) on W2K-iis5 and need to move it to W2K3-iis6. What is the best way to do thisShould I try the migration tool or is there a better way The app is not compiled into a .dll
Please help with HTML Dropdown control problem.   (176 Views)
,I have been looking for a solution and trying to understand this all day today but still can not get it. Since I am new with ASP.net and have to maintain this application so I am learning as I go. Can someone please give me a hand on this.I have a form that has a number of questions requesting time so the prev. developer had put in 2 html dropdown controls as hour, minutes. For this thread, let called them Time1h, Time1m, Time2h, and Time2m. They are set for not allowing multiple via the property windows. On initializing the page or loading up the page and fill it with whatever in the database, there were not any problem with time1h and time1m (I checked it out already). The problem raised when it hit Time2h and time2h.The error from the web as:"An HtmlSelect cannot have multiple items selected when Multiple is false."How could this be Here is what I did so far to t-shoot it.1. I compared the settings between Time1h, Time1m, Time2h, and Time2m to see if I overlook anything but found none.2. Look at the code between them but found none (except for the variable name). Here is the snip of the code of these 2 controls:For Time1h and m:CODEIf myDataRow.Item("TELETIME").ToString "-1" thenTELETIMEH.Items.FindByValue(myDataRow.Item("TELETIME").ToString.Split(":".ToCharArray)(0)).Selected= TrueTELETIMEM.Items.FindByValue(myDataRow.Item("TELETIME").ToString.Split(":".ToCharArray)(1)).Selected= True End IfFor Time2h and m:CODEIf myDataRow.Item("INTERTIME").ToString "-1" ThenINTERTIMEH.Items.FindByValue(myDataRow.Item("INTERTIME").ToString.Split(":".ToCharArray)(0)).Selected= TrueINTERTIMEM.Items.FindByValue(myDataRow.Item("INTERTIME").ToString.Split(":".ToCharArray)(1)).Selected= TrueEnd If3. I then looked at the html code to see if there is any different between these 2 code sections and again could not see (unless I really missed it).here is the html code for these 2:Time1CODE Scheduled Telephone Interview Time:  1 2 3 4 : 00 15 30 45 And Time2:CODE Scheduled Interview Time:  1 2 3 4: 00 15 30 45Sorry for the long post but I have to describle it so you can fully see my problem. As I have said, I am at the end of the rope and can not see why 1 section of the code is working ok and the other is not since they are virtually identical.Can someone please take a look at these code snippets and point out that I DID missed something or have other suggestions that I can try to get this thing on the road...As always
Template column & Javascript   (191 Views)
I have a datagrid with a template column in that I'm using to open a link so that users can drill down to the next level of some data. I'd really like to utilise javascript so that I can set the properties of the new window that's opened but can't get it to work despite looking through the other posts in the forum that relate to this.My column code is attached - can anyone give me a pointe
How to call a procedure button1_click ?   (333 Views)
If there are some codes in the button click event, how can we call this procedure from within some other codes without clicking that button.Armas
execute an Excel macro when the cell value is changed by an ASP.NET we   (112 Views)
,I am facing problem in writing to an Excel file from ASP.NET. I want to change the value of a cell (B7) on the button click from ASP.NET web enabled browser. Following is the code of my ASP.NET web application: ' write_to_plc.aspx ' Private m_sConn1 As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=C:\test.xls;" & _ "Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=YES""" Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Update_Individual_Cells() End Sub Public Sub Update_Individual_Cells() '========================================================================== ' Update individual cells on the PlcData worksheet; ' specifically, cell B7 is modified. '========================================================================== ' NOTE: The connection string indicates that the table does *NOT* ' have a header row. Dim conn As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(m_sConn1.Replace("HDR=YES", "HDR=NO")) conn.Open() Dim cmd As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand() cmd.Connection = conn 'Updates a cell B7 of the spreadsheet, PlcData to "1". cmd.CommandText = "UPDATE [PlcData$B7:B7] SET F1 = '1'" cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() conn.Close() End Sub Click this button to start an experiment:Click I want to get an Excel macro executed, when a cell value is changed. So, I wrote the following macro in ThisWorkbook of test.xls file:Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) Msgbox hello End SubSo, whenever the cell value is changed from 0 to 1, this macro should get executed.The problem is that the ASP.NET web application updates the value from 0 to 1, but the macro doesnt get executed until I open the file manually.Can someone please fix thisI tried another thing I kept the excel file open prior to executing ASP.NET code. It gives me error message: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.I do not know about how to fix this either.It will be great, if someone could help me with this. I appreciate your help
Explain object use; using object before it's constructed   (200 Views)
I think I have a fair grip on OOP, but this part of VB.NET has me a bit confused:CODEsub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)dim maxDaysNewMonth as integer = datetime.DaysInMonth(1996, 2)response.write(maxDaysNewMonth)end subWhat confuses me is the datetime method call. My can I use a method of this class, when I havn't created the object yet Is this an object that is made available to me my the .NET framework somehow The page somehow makes this object availabe to me, just like the response object I looked in MSDN, and they don't even call this a class, but rather a structure, but it still has methods.Does anyone have any insight into this Any pointers LinksI mean, I wouldn't do this:CODEdim intStringLength = String("Steve").Length
Validation Controls not working in Mozilla web browser on client side   (114 Views)
Hi frnds My Validation Controls are not working in Mozilla web browser on client side.I have even tried the attribute "EnableClientScript" = True.Any suggestion Will be
Formatting Problem   (206 Views)
I want to display my numbers formatted in text boxes like this: $20,000.00 -- I can use the formatcurrency() function to do this but...The problem is that when I go to do an insert the comma in the amount figure gets interpreted as a new value, so it thinks there are more values than fields in the statement.Is there any way to "unformat" a number before inserting it into the database, like this: 20000.00 instead of this: $20,000.00
problems using page.databind when outputting values from an object   (216 Views)
I'm using a page with several panels - I instantiate an object and using Page.DataBind(); in the subroutine in the codebehind and in the apsx page - so far so good.I then change the value in the object and use the same approach as above Page.DataBind(); in the subroutine in the codebehind and in a different panel the apsx page and I get System.NullReferenceException: and the error points to the line where I call Page.DataBind(); the second time.I've worked around this now but I'm curious why I should get the error in the first place
Simple way to sort in editing datagrid for share   (252 Views)
In order to sort in two way, ASC and DESC, in editing datagrid, I found a simple way. I posted here for share:1) make a label lblToggle invisible and text = "ASC"2) Sub dgReportDetail_Sort(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal E As DataGridSortCommandEventArgs) Dim strMyOrder As String If Me.lbltoggle.Text = "ASC" Then strMyOrder &= E.SortExpression & " ASC" MyBindData(strMyOrder) Me.lbltoggle.Text = "DESC" Else strMyOrder &= E.SortExpression & " DESC" MyBindData(strMyOrder) Me.lbltoggle.Text = "ASC" End If End Sub
Email formats   (293 Views)
I have a problem with emails that I am generating. An example of a few of lines are shown below:strMsg = strMsg & "Best regards. "strMsg = strMsg & "IWTP Ltd "mailMessage.From = "admin@iwtp.com"mailMessage.To = strEmailmailMessage.Subject = "itwp-Confirmation"mailMessage.BodyFormat = System.Web.Mail.MailFormat.TextmailMessage.Body = strMsgIn AOL the emails display correctly with line breaks and paragraphs, but if I view them in MS Outlook I get one long line of text that includes s and s. I have tried both MailFormat.Text and MailFormat.Html but it makes no difference.Am I sending the emails incorrectly or is this simply a configuration issue with Outloo
Login failed for user in the SQL server 2000   (251 Views)
Hi all,I have an error when I tried to access to the microsoft sql server 2000 with asp .net. Here is the error:* Error while accessing database.Login failed for user 'IS-3PKK5HMGJMS1\ASPNET'.Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server***The code of web.config is bellow. It seems the server does not allow me to access through the UserList database because the user 'IS-3PKK5HMGJMS1\ASPNET' is not granted, tell me if I wrong
ASP Newbie question regarding Database.   (202 Views)
Ok, i have things setup on my PC (IIS 5/WIn2000) so I can do some ASP and ASP.NET development and learn a few things. My question is at some stage my asp pages will start displaying/retrieving from a database. Does IIS or the .NET framework have some default database. Even if it has is it advisable to a copy of MS SQL SERVEr 200
Graphing with asp.net   (182 Views)
Can someone help me with turning a string of numbers like y=mx+b(Remember algebra!) into a graph. im really looking to turn much more complex numbers into graphs. If im correct the graphs should come out in in a jpg/gif image format
Alternative Development Environments   (159 Views)
,Are any of you aware of an alternative development environment to MS Visual Studio .NET Ideally I'd like it to be color encoded and have some form of intelli-sense(that great feature in VS.NET that lists members, functions, etc after you place a "." behind an object)
best method   (208 Views)
Hi-hopefully this is an easy one. I have a information page, that has different activities. each activity has multiple categories. in these categories is just a long list of things. i want the list to be in mulitple columns in a table. My query returns the list, now i need a good way to create the table. datagrid would be sweet if i could make one column of data show as multiple. any other control other than trying to make a dynamic table work that you can think o
How do I set it so Datalists won't overlap   (188 Views)
hi, I've got multiple datalists on one page, and they are populated dynamically according to queries that are run to get the required data. Now, there is a dynamic number of records that either of the lists will have. I am displaying them one below the other. How do I set it so that they won't over lap eachother.Also so that the labels asscoiated with each will move down accorningly.Anyone done this ye
Passing a value from a datalist to a Function   (166 Views)
tried using this code below, but the problem is it is sending all the items in the datalist versus the one that is relevant to the item clicked. Can someone helpPublic Function SetLink(ByVal thelink As String)As String Session("link")=theLink 'nextgrid.databind Return "" End Function Folders
Migrating a ASP Web App   (251 Views)
I am trying to work out how to migrate a typical ASP web app. to ASP.NET. The web app was built around the DNA architecture, so has the ASP's, Business components (VB), and Data components. I am unsure how to approach this in .NET. Should I keep the business/data layers and write them as .NET components (classes). Also, many of the data comps return recordsets, should they return DataSets in .NE
Login page appears in all frames instead of on its own page   (207 Views)
Anyone heard of this My login.aspx page sometimes loads into all frames of my default.aspx page when I try to load the default.aspx page while not yet logged on. As far as I can tell, what is supposed to happen is that if a user is not yet logged on (Forms based Authentication) and tries to access any page on that web, then he/she should be immidiately redirected to the login.aspx page. But what is happening is that the default.aspx page is being loaded, and then all the frames on it contain seperate instances of the login.aspx page...Any ideasTIA Chris
Force prior .net framework   (204 Views)
I work in an environment that does not allow any software not on an approved list to be installed on any computers. Visual Studio .net is not on the approved list. Also, the .net framework on the computers is 1.1.We had the idea of developing applications on our personal laptops and then installing it on the existing computers (software that is developed in house is ok). However, most of us have later versions of the .net framework and inevitably, the apps we develop on our own laptops look for something that is not in the 1.1 framework. Is there any way to force Visual Studio to confine itself to using the 1.1 framework
http modules in machine.config?   (155 Views)
Morning all,I'm just getting my head round http modules and have successfully got one working a-okay with an application using the web.config as follows:Now - i'm trying to get it so that my standard header is on all my apps without having to reference them all individually via the web.config. Everything i've read says that i just need to put an
Sporadic error message   (233 Views)
Hi all,I have about 5 aspx pages in my root directory. For most part these application run without any problem but sometimes I get this sporadic error message and none of the 5 aspx pages apps. are working after I click to the apps so many times the application will start working again.So every time I have this error I have to click one of the apps numerous times inorder to make the apps get to work. Do you have any clue why all of them at the same time show an error message.will this error caused because the web.config file is corrupted or something else. I do not have the access to see the error message from the log event page...please point me to the right direction.Thank you
VS 2005 Virtual Directories not visible in IDE   (208 Views)
I am using VS.Net 2005 SP1 (VB) and IIS6 with FrontPage Extensions installed. I have the web site created and am using HTTP to edit the project. I have created several virtual directories within the web site in IIS, but they do not show up in the VS.Net Project. I can't figure out how to make them visible/accessible in the VS IDE.
Newbie - Custom Namespace   (195 Views)
I created three class library(Names: businness object, Businness Logic, Data Access), what I'm trying to do is a three layer tier. I know I have to compile as DLL but I want to import as a namespace. How I make a reference to my namespace. I doing like this and the differents project doesn't see it. Any help would be appreciate. Thank youImports SystemImports System.ComponentModelImports System.TransactionsImports Smartgap.SGPoliApliManager.BOImports Smartgap.SGPoliApliManager.DALNamespace Smartgap.SGPoliApliManager.Bll _ Public Class SGClientManager _ Public Shared Function GetList() As ContactPersonList Return ContactPersonDB.GetList End Function _ Public Shared Function GetItem(ByVal id As Integer) As client Return GetItem(id, False) End Function _ Public Shared Function GetItem(ByVal id As Integer, ByVal getContactRecords As Boolean) As ContactPerson Dim myContactPerson As ContactPerson = ContactPersonDB.GetItem(id) If Not (myContactPerson Is Nothing) AndAlso getContactRecords Then myContactPerson.Addresses = AddressDB.GetList(id) myContactPerson.EmailAddresses = EmailAddressDB.GetList(id) myContactPerson.PhoneNumbers = PhoneNumberDB.GetList(id) End If Return myContactPerson End Function _ Public Shared Function Save(ByVal myContactPerson As ContactPerson) As Integer ' Using Dim myTransactionScope As TransactionScope = New TransactionScope Try Dim contactPersonId As Integer = ContactPersonDB.Save(myContactPerson) For Each myAddress As Address In myContactPerson.Addresses myAddress.ContactPersonId = contactPersonId AddressDB.Save(myAddress) Next For Each myEmailAddress As EmailAddress In myContactPerson.EmailAddresses myEmailAddress.ContactPersonId = contactPersonId EmailAddressDB.Save(myEmailAddress) Next For Each myPhoneNumber As PhoneNumber In myContactPerson.PhoneNumbers myPhoneNumber.ContactPersonId = contactPersonId PhoneNumberDB.Save(myPhoneNumber) Next myContactPerson.Id = contactPersonId myTransactionScope.Complete() Return contactPersonId Finally CType(myTransactionScope, IDisposable).Dispose() End Try End Function _ Public Shared Function Delete(ByVal myContactPerson As ContactPerson) As Boolean Return ContactPersonDB.Delete(myContactPerson.Id) End Function End ClassEnd Namespace
Using SGML and personal DTD   (345 Views)
I have SGML files that I saved in notepad as .aspx. The files come in ok but the formatting is off somewhat. I have a personal dtd I created a while ago. Does anyone hvae any idea for a solution to my problem. Any suggestions are more than welcome. Just not sure where to start.
Tracking RSS Feeds   (186 Views)
;I have an ASP.NET 1.1 in which I generate an RSS file based on the current podcasts available on the site.Does anybody know a way that I could track the number of subscribers to my RSS feedAny and all help will be greatly appreciated! Sean.
Input string was not in a correct format.   (212 Views)
I have a datatable that I'm using as a shopping cart. I need to be able to remove rows from this datatable. I have an aspx page that displays the datatables contents and I have a button which I want the user to be able to click to remove that particular record. The button's CommandParameter is set to one of the other column's databound field. When the remove button is clicked I get the following error: "Input string was not in a correct format." My method is as follows:protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { int index = int.Parse(e.ToString()); DataTable tempTable = new DataTable(); tempTable = (DataTable)Session["Cart"]; tempTable.Rows[index].Delete(); Session["Cart"] = tempTable;
GridView Layout Problem   (192 Views)
all!I would like to display multiple records on a single GridView row. The standard layout looks like the following:Record1Record2Record3Record4However I would like my GridView to display like:Record1 Record2Record3 Record4What do I need to change in order to acheive this resul
Have a dropdown open, or get focus   (197 Views)
Hi all,Is there a way to code up that a dropdown opens, that is the list drops down for the user to select from. The point is so the user knows what to do next on the form. I don't think any kind of focus will work - even a javascript piece that works for a text box, so are there any other option
Anonymous Access   (150 Views)
Can anyone tell me which user account I should be specifying in IIS when I am using anonymous accessIt seems to be either a choice between IUSR, ASPNET or IIS_WPG but I am not sure which one I should be using.
Visual Studio: Data Connection Login Failed   (523 Views)
I've created a local user account on a Windows 2003 Server machine. I've then added a login for this user through Enterprise Manager (MSSQL runs on the same server) and gave them access to a database.When I try to Add Connection to the Data Connections item under Server Explorer in VS2003, I get an error saying that authorization failed for that username and password. However, I can log on to the database with this new account by using Query Analyzer on the database machine. I also can't log in through Server Explorer using my Windows Administrator account, but I can log in using the sa account.Any ideas
Database List Compare   (235 Views)
I've got a list of employees in a database table. I need to get that list and based on the results, display the corresponding panels. Here's some code:Database listCODEID Name1 Bill5 Jill16 WillSo, if my stored procedure only gets the above 3 employees, it should look at the IDs, and display panels pnBill, pnJill, and pnWill. By the same token, if the stored procedure gets 10 results, it should show the corresponding 10 panels.I really have no idea how to do this.Would I get a dataset from the db, then compare each row value to a constant I don't know really
update row in datagrid   (230 Views)
Can somebody please tell me what I have wrong here:CODE private void KPC_Data_Grid_UpdateCommand(object source, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e) { sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Connection.Open(); sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.CommandText = "SELECT name,description,lsl,usl,units FROM KPC where OPID ='" + myOPID + "'"; sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.ExecuteReader(); sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Connection.Close(); sqlDataAdapter1.Fill(kpC_Data_Set1, "KPC"); sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Connection.Open(); TextBox name, desc, lsl, usl, unit; name = (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[2].Controls[0]; desc = (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[3].Controls[0]; lsl = (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[4].Controls[0]; usl = (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[5].Controls[0]; unit = (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[6].Controls[0]; KPC_Data_Set.KPCDataTable myNewTable = kpC_Data_Set1.KPC; KPC_Data_Set.KPCRow rowToUpdate = (KPC_Data_Set.KPCRow)myNewTable.Rows[e.Item.ItemIndex]; rowToUpdate.name = name.Text; rowToUpdate.description = desc.Text; rowToUpdate.lsl = Convert.ToInt32(lsl.Text); rowToUpdate.usl = Convert.ToInt32(usl.Text); rowToUpdate.units = unit.Text; sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Connection.Close(); KPC_Data_Grid.DataSource = kpC_Data_Set1.KPC.DefaultView; KPC_Data_Grid.EditItemIndex=-1; KPC_Data_Grid.DataBind(); sqlDataAdapter1.Update(kpC_Data_Set1); BindGrid(); }the error is:Update requires a valid UpdateCommand when passed DataRow collection with modified rows. KPC_Data_Grid.DataBind(); sqlDataAdapter1.Update(kpC_Data_Set1); BindGrid();This is really getting to me...can someone shed some light on this for me
Returning Two Values from One exposed WebService Help!!   (217 Views)
I'm creating a webservice to expose, now I've done the code, the thing is I have a function which calculates how many times my web service has been accessed and I need to combine it with a function which displays a table from a SQL Server, here's the code as my explanation is a bit confusing!Imports SystemImports System.Web.ServicesImports System.Xml.SerializationImports System.DataImports System.Data.SqlClientImports System.WebImports System.Configuration _ Public Class Sales Inherits WebService _ Public Function DisplayData() As DataSet Dim dst As New DataSet Dim dad as sqlDataAdapter Dim conn as sqlConnection 'provide connection string to connection object conn=new sqlConnection("My Server details") 'sql select instruction to data adapter dad=new sqlDataAdapter("select * from mytable",conn) 'use dataadapter to fill dataset dad.fill(dst,"mytable") 'return dataset Return dst End Function _ Public Function Counter() As Integer ' If the XML Web service method hasn't been accessed, initialize ' it to 1. If Application("appMyServiceUsage") Is Nothing Then Application("appMyServiceUsage") = 1 Else ' Increment the usage count. Application("appMyServiceUsage") = _ CInt(Application("appMyServiceUsage")) + 1 End If Return CInt(Application("appMyServiceUsage")) End Function End ClassSo I want to combine the Counter Function with the DisplayData Function so the result will be a dataset and a integer both being returned from the same functio
Get control list from aspx.   (245 Views)
Hi ,I've developed a web application divided in different areas, every area have its own namespace and many aspx pages.In one of these areas now I've to display a list of every pages contained in the other areas and the list of the controls every page contains.I know I can have a list using the controls collection but my problem is how to create the "webform1" object in order to have the control list.I can't make a table containing all the webpages and I can't force the object name to be the same of the aspx filename.How I can show to the user a list containing "webform1.aspx, webform2.aspx,..." and when a user select webform1.aspx create the object Myform1 in order to use Myform1.Controls collectionI hope to have explained the problem,
DataSet column values   (645 Views)
I'm using a DataSet to retrive data from a Database and access the values of the columsn returned. I then want to set the Text of various labels to the values of the columns. To do this I use to code belowCODEappID.Text = dsAppData.Tables[0].Columns[0].ToString();appName.Text = dsAppData.Tables[0].Columns[1].ToString();gripsID.Text = dsAppData.Tables[0].Columns[2].ToString();The problem is that it sets the text of the labels to the column names and not the values. Am I using the wrong cod
no images be loaded in another computer   (173 Views)
I finished a app in which there are some gif file as imagebutton. When it runs in localhost, there is no problem. But in another computer, there is no image was loaded. Help me!