SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Multiple dependent dynamic DropDownLists problem

I have three DropDownLists. The second DropDownList is dependent upon the answer of the first DropDownList, and the third is dependent upon the first two.

The problem is that after the user tries to select a value in the first dropdown, it continues to use only the first value selected. I've seen numerous help pages on this that all recommend using the !Page.IsPostBack for the DataBind, but this doesn't work when the values for the dropdowns will change.

Has anyone run into this problem before and if so, how did you solve it I'm using the AutoPostBack property in the DropDownList to submit the values to the form and change the values of the other dropdowns accordingly.

I can supply code if need be.

Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 12:44:51 AM Total Views:  258
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Formatting an SQL Query   (206 Views)
I'm making a basic web app using C# that grabs some data from an SQL DB and binds it to a gridview control. The problem I have is that now the data is in there, I need to split the rows into different sections, or even give them different columns in the same table. Is this possible Or do I have to have seperate queries with seperate gridviews for each one Which would be a lot.
ASP.NET Architecture   (141 Views)
Pls Explain
Ajax In Asp.net   (133 Views)
[Ajax]i want to get code[/ajax]
Wrapping Around a Symbol   (163 Views)
I have a search page that calls up information on a number of customers from a central database. One of the problems I've encountered is properly sizing the content page around the results, which are shown in a gridview with TemplateFields that are bound through code behind (rather than through the ASP). Anyway, some of the customers work for companies with wacky email policies; for example, one company, whose name is already 12 letters long, further complicates their email domains by adding the location of the site, so you end up with something like firstname.lastname@aa.cityname.companyname.com. As you can imagine, this plays hell with my column sizing. To fix this, I've added a break-all attribute when the string is over a certain length: protected void gridView_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e) { System.Data.DataRowView drv; drv = (System.Data.DataRowView)e.Row.DataItem; if (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { string data = drv["user_email_address"].ToString(); if (data.Length > 25 && !data.Contains(" ")) //check email length and force wordbreak if length exceeds 25 e.Row.Cells[4].Attributes.Add("style", "word-break:break-all;word-wrap:break-word"); } } This works fine, but it ends up looking a bit sloppy. My question, then, is if there is any way I could force the email string to wrap around the @ symbol, so I have a nice two lines with the name on one line and the domain on the next: firstname.lastname@ aa.cityname.companyname.com Obviously I could just add a space after the @ symbol so that the browser did this itself, but these tables are often copied/pasted by users, so obviously we run into issues with pasting an email with a space after the @ symbol. Is there any other solution
convert enlish words into hindi words   (173 Views)
plz give me some ideas about how i am getting this project its urgent....
Error: Format of the initialization string   (178 Views)
, I've encountered such error when I tried to login to my page. Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 64. Stack Trace: Stack Trace: [ArgumentException: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 64.] System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.GetKeyValuePair(String connectionString, Int32 currentPosition, StringBuilder buffer, Boolean useOdbcRules, String& keyname, String& keyvalue) +5062375 System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey) +132 System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules) +98 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +64 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous) +24 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(String connectionString, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) +150 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(String value) +59 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +4 System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.CreateConnection(String connectionString) +34 System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +117 System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +21 System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +143 System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +74 System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4 System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +66 System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +75 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496 I've search for it but still couldn't find a solution.
simple type question   (195 Views)
what is the true type of y in c# using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Text; namespace Entity { public class TSMM { public int x { get; set; } public timestamp y { get; set; } [b]// what is the true type (instead of timestamp) of y in c#[/b] public DateTime z { get; set; } public float t { get; set; } public int u { get; set; } public int v { get; set; } } }
"Control Collection Problem.."   (184 Views)
i have written a code in vb.net that get's all the checkbox and put it in a collection... Now i tried converting it asp.net(c#) and having problems... code in vb: Public Class Form1 Dim x As New Collection Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click For Each ck As CheckBox In x If ck.CheckState = CheckState.Checked Then MsgBox(ck.Text.ToString) End If Next End Sub Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load Try For Each chkbox As CheckBox In GroupBox1.Controls x.Add(chkbox) Next Catch ex As Exception MsgBox(ex.Message) End Try End Sub End Class can anyone guid me on this my code in c# ERROR:QuoteUnable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBox'.
Adding legends to charts   (189 Views)
I'm including a simple pie chart on a page I'm working on, but I'm having trouble with the legend. With my current code, all the items in the legend are named Point 1-14, and I can't figure out how to change it. I searched around for a while and tried a few things, such as these:(these are in code behind, from Chart1.Legends["Point 1"].Name = "foo"; Chart1.Legends.Add("hits"); And a few others, none of which worked. Here is the current code, with broken bits commented out. Currently the chart is drawn correctly and everything works except the legend. //Set the chart type //Chart1.Series["Series1"].ChartType = SeriesChartType.Pie; //add points Chart1.Legends.Add("car"); Chart1.Legends.Add("hello"); foreach (int x in info.Item1.Item2) { if (x > 200) { Chart1.Series["Series1"].Points.AddY(x); } else { other += x; } } Chart1.Series["Series1"].Points.AddY(other); Chart1.Series["Series1"].IsValueShownAsLabel = true; //Chart1.Legends.Add("hits"); //LegendItem legendItem = new LegendItem(); //set back color of chart object Chart1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.MidnightBlue; //Chart1.Legends["Point 1"].Name = "foo"; //set back color of chart area Chart1.ChartAreas["ChartArea1"].BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.LightBlue;
giving the validation to datalist from one page to some other page   (265 Views)
In one webuser control suppose "a.ascx" I have a datalist in that I have a linkbtn in itemtemplate. now In other web user control suppose "b.ascx" in this web user control "b.ascx" I want to check that IF there is any item named as "Final Page" available then page gets redirect to some other page else show alret msg Final page is not present. how its possible i am adding Final page in a.ascx, and in b.ascx i have btn go to net page nd i am calling both ascx page in a master page, now i want to check IF a.ascx is having Final page then btn go redirect other wise on btn click go should show some msg link Final Page is not added
object data source configuration   (345 Views)
i am trying to configure objectDataSource but when it asks me to choose the business objects, the list is empty eventhoug i check or uncheck the 'show only data componenents' box. I already have a ProductDB class which is a data access clas inthe app_code folder it also has the [DataObect(true)] code in it. whats the problem I already have created a new applicaiton and also tried to close and rebuilt it but in vain
image binding   (233 Views)
in .aspx in .aspx.cs SqlDataAdapter ada = new SqlDataAdapter("select * from [tablename] where [condition], conn); conn.Open(); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ada.Fill(ds); dlst1.DataSource = ds; dlst1.DataBind(); hi, i have stored images in a seperate folder in the website project and only image names with extension are stored in the database column. so plz tell me how to link the folder and database to retriew the images when the condition is satisfied.its urgent so plz reply me. , hi i got output
web pages   (198 Views)
hi,can u plz send me this code
How to programatically force execution of cached report?   (200 Views)
Is there a way in .net to force a report to execute and recreate its cache (even if the cache is not ready to expire)Thank you.
asp menu from database   (156 Views)
i have an asp menu i am playing with and have it working with an xml file, but all ive read dont explain too well on pulling from a database. Are there any samples that you have found that will helpI think im just stuck on how to setup and query the menu table to generate the expected format.How would i best setup the table to allow for menu options depending on the user rolesheres the working xml, i know i just change the xmldatasource to a sqldatasource, but again, how would i query the table to generate the submenusCODE static xml fileCODE
Searching a string   (174 Views)
I'm looking for a way to search a string for a specific div, so that I can remove it. The div does have an id so it should be easy to find the start index, but I'm not sure how to indicate that the end index should be "". How can I accomplish this
ASP.net source issue   (233 Views)
,I m having an issue, after i complile the files, some pages keep the local computer classes of source code. that causes a vb error in the logs..Example, i run the compiler from my pc, then upload the files, and some keep the local path from the source code ofmy computer
VS 2008 Ling vs ado.net vs daab   (208 Views)
HiDoes anyone have any opinions regarding the three methods of data access, I am wondering whether linq is another load of crap like the dataset designer in vs 2005 and will end up being slow and inflexibleOr have they got it right this time
Office 2007 look and feels controls...   (221 Views)
I need a bit of advise. I have written a Windows app. using a third party office 2007 control, so it give the look and feel of the office 2007 theme. However one of my clients has asked for a simple webbased version of my windows app. and I want to try and make it look the same as the windows app, therefore I am looking for a control that will produce an office 2007 asp.net interface (not just controls but ribbonbar etc.). I have found a few, but they are all costing about $799, and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with a good control they can suggest
Field arrangement in the xml file as displayed in the asp page?   (175 Views)
everybody..Am a beginner in .net.I have an issue to be resolved.I have an asp page that lists out some 'n' number of fields like SPID,BASIC TITLE,BASIC FIRST NAME,HOME PHONE NUMBER etc.After entering the values for these fields in a textbox and once when i click SUBMIT button i need the fields listed in that asp page in a text file but in an xml format.so when i open the final text file i must get something like this:Now the issue i face is the field order in the text file is not the same as listed in the asp page .So if i have spid,basic title,gna logo in the asp page, i get gna logo,spid,gna pct something like that.The code that ive used to get all the field names in the text file is for each field_name in request.form xmlNode.setAttribute field_name, request.form(field_name)So i get all the fields in an xml format in the text file but t field order differs.So plz suggest me any solution. Thank Yousbind77
deployment help   (202 Views)
HiI have created a set up program and run it and it has produced a dll file. Using FTP, to set my site up on the internet is this file all i need to copy acros
Central Database Definition for all DB Controls and Actions   (178 Views)
Hi ;I am developing a generic ASP.NET 2 template site that we can use for as a base for our future applications. We previously used classic ASP.My query is, is it possible for me to create a single database definition is a central location that all my controls and database classes can use to connect to a database. The reason for this is that we constantly switch between MSACCESS and MSSQL as a db based on demands.In classic ASP this was easily done as we built a central connection string in an asp file that we could simply include on our pages. Therefore, if we made a change to this include page we could switch processing easily between an MSACCESS and MSSQL db.Is a similiar approach possible with ASP.NET 2 I have been using GridView and OleDbReader to connect to a MSACCESS db. I noticed that C# has specific classes for MSSQL. Do I have to use this classes, or is there a generic database class which I can use to select/insert/update either an MSACCESS or MSSQL dbAny and all recommendations/advice/help would be GREATLY appreciated! Sean.
Refresh GridView   (286 Views)
I have an asp:table in a webpartzone that contains a textbox and button and an asp:gridview in another webpartzone. When the user inputs data in the textbox and clicks the button, it inserts into an sql table. The gridview displays data in the sql table. The gridview is using an sqldatasource. I've added gridview.databind() to the buttons click event to refresh the gridview in the webpartzone once data is inserted. This works fine in debug mode, but once I publish the site the gridview will not refresh. If I reopen the browser the data is displayed in the gridview so I know the data is getting inserted. It just won't refresh.Any ideas why this works in debug mode but not live.
Function w/ Multiple (x) Parameters   (145 Views)
I have an ASP.NET application with many pages. A lot of the pages make calls to a MSSQL database to retrieve data. On each page, I have functions that connect to the DB, execute a T-SQL statement or stored procedure, and return values, etc.I want to avoid having to re-write a lot of the same code in the function across multiple pages. Therefore, I am thinking of creating a new class file and adding functions to connect to the database there, and then calling these functions from other ASPX pages. Here is the problem then...Let's say that I want to call a stored procedure that returns a scalar value. So my function prototype would be something to the effect of:private string GetScalarValue(string storedProc, string returnValue, SqlParameter sqlParam) { ... }Now, what if I have two parameters that I want to pass I could have an overloaded function that takes two SqlParameters.But What if I have x parameters Having my programming background in C++, my thought is to create an array of SqlParameters (SqlParameter paramList = new SqlParameter[count]) and use a for() loop to add each parameter. While this will probably work, I was hoping there was a built-in mechanism to do this. I remember reading or hearing about collections a while back. Is this what I need to be using Arrays seem old-school to me.Any suggestions are appreciated.Varol
Host Headers and Integrated Windows Authentication   (180 Views)
I have an interesting problem... I have an intranet web application that uses integrated windows authenticates and impersonation. everything works great if I access the site like this:http://pcname/frolder/default.aspxWhen I access the site like this. http://pcname.domain.com/folder/default.aspx it gives a popup asking for my username and password.Here is some background:I have a host header setup on this website to be the same as pcname.domain.com and an entry in DNS for pcname.domain.com. pcname.domain.com is not the same as the computer's NetBIOS name. I have tried (multiple times) to use SetSPN -A HTTP/pcname.domain.com with no luck.My question is, does anyone know of any issues with Host headers, IWA and ASP.NET's impersonation Or am I just not understanding how this works
nested queries using Repeater   (144 Views)
How do you list parent/child items on an ASP.NET page, grouped by the parent For example, my data looks like this:CODECategory Item-------- -------Cat 1 Item 1Cat 1 Item 2Cat 1 Item 3Cat 2 Item 4Cat 2 Item 5I need to display it on my ASP.NET page like this:CODECat 1Item 1, Item 2, Item 3Cat 2Item 4, Item 5I am currently using a Repeater; maybe I need to use something else to do this Here is my ASP.NET code...CODEDim strSQL as StringDim objCommand As SQLCommandstrSQL = "Select Category, Item FROM MyTable ORDER BY Category, Item"objCommand = New SQLCommand(strSQL, objConn)ResultsList.DataSource = objCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection)ResultsList.DataBind()---------------------- - If I were using Classic ASP I would just do something like this...CODEstmt = "SELECT Category FROM MyTable"set rs=conn.execute(stmt)do while not rs.eof response.write rs("Category") & "" stmt2 = "SELECT Item FROM MyTable WHERE Category = '" & rs("Category") & "' " set rs2=conn.execute(stmt2) do while not rs2.eof response.write rs2("Item") & ", " rs2.movenext looprs.movenextloop
datagrid datasource question. URGENT!   (231 Views)
I am working on a project which query some data from a database. I put the rows in a datatable.Just for example, the 2 row fields looks like the following:(orderID, orderDate)where the same orderDate can have many orderID .I , then, need to group the data by orderDate and display them into a datagrid as the following format:orderDate, orderID_a, orderID_b..........orderID_xI tried to convert the dataRow into an ArrayList form, which contain another arraylist for the orderIDs, but I then I have a problem to bind to the orderID's arrayList.Anyone get any idea, please
Positioning Web Controls   (164 Views)
I am new to programming ASP.NET and using Visual Studio. Is there a way that when you add a Web Control to a Panel you can position it I can not see the style tab in the properties.
RequiredFieldValidator enable did not work   (159 Views)
I set up RequiredFieldValidator enable = false in property and use code to set enable = true. But RequiredFieldValidator did not work. Someone know why
CheckBoxList with scroll bars   (410 Views)
Hi ,Is it possible to have a CheckBoxList control with scroll bars My application needs to allow the user to select multiple items from a list and my boss wants each item to have a check box next to it. Currently I'm using the CheckBoxList control. The problem I have is that there are too many items and the CheckBoxList doesn't seen to use scroll bars. I know I can have it display multiple columns but my boss doesn not want that. Can anybody tell me how I could create a CheckBoxList control that has scroll bar
mouse over on image hyperlink opposed to image button   (256 Views)
I have a mouse over event that will change the graphic of a button using javascript pretty straight forward. I use the same logic on a hyperlink, but the mouse over event does not seem to change the object. Here's my code'Image ButtonImgBtnChoice.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.src='/GalleryCatalog/Image/arrow_sel.gif';")ImgBtnChoice.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.src='/GalleryCatalog/Image/arrow_unsel.gif';")'HyperlinklnkAdvanceBid.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.src='/GalleryCatalog/Image/arrow_sel.gif';")lnkAdvanceBid.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.src='/GalleryCatalog/Image/arrow_unsel.gif';")If I make the hyperlink button an image button it works fine. Any ideas Jason MeckleyDatabase AnalystWITF
SQL update in VS will not work   (267 Views)
I am using Visual Studio to create a page that includes a datagrid and a panel containing data-entry fields that are populated when a customer is selected from the datagrid.When the 'Update' button is pressed on the panel, SQL code is created to update the Access database. This for some reason does not work (although the SQL updates on other pages in the application all work correctly). When I remove the try-catch-end from the update routine, the error page displays "Syntax error in update statement". However, if I display the SQL as a label, then cut-and-paste it directly into an Access Query, the update works perfectly. I am stumped on this. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Dynamic RequiredFieldValidator   (209 Views)
Greetings y'all,I'm looking to dynamically turn on/off a couple requiredfieldvalidator controls - the easiest way possible.I have a dropdownlist and some textbox controls:CODERepeating Does Not Repeat Same Day of the Month Every ___ Days Day to Repeat OnNo. of RepeatsAnd the DDL fires fires some javascript to show/hide textbox fields:CODE function toggle_repeat_fields(fld) { if(fld.value == 1) { document.getElementById('repeatfield1').style.display = 'none'; document.getElementById('repeatfield2').style.display = 'none'; } else { document.getElementById('repeatfield1').style.display = 'block'; document.getElementById('repeatfield2').style.display = 'block'; } if(fld.value == 2) { document.getElementById('lblRepeatDay').innerHTML = "Day to Repeat On"; } else { document.getElementById('lblRepeatDay').innerHTML = "Day Interval"; } }Not exactly radical new therapy in web design. What I want is to add a requiredfieldvalidator to the two textboxes if they're visible.Thought about a custom field validator, but that might be overcomplicating the obvious.Any help is appreciated. I am using ASP/VB 2.0 "If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." -Murphy's Military Laws
ASCX and Validation Control Problems   (141 Views)
I have a master page, which an ASPX page inherits from. The master page has a bunch of ASCX controls within it.On one particular page, I have the log in control visible (where a user types in the regular username, paswword) and in the middle a control for Registering. This registration control has many validation controls within.The problem I am having is that the user can't log in from this page because it sets off all the validation controls. Is there a way I can bypass these validation controls when pressing the submit button on the totally seperate log in control
Looping in .Net   (155 Views)
If I needed to nest a loop in asp (with js) I would:while (!rs.eof) { rs("column") rs2.sql = "Select * from table2 where rsid = "+rs("id") while (!rs2.eof) { rs2("data") rs2.MoveNext(); } rs.MoveNext();}This is extremely short-hand but you get the idea... how do I do this in .net - I can get a datagrid going, but I am not sure how to nest another datagrid inside... should I do something other than datagrids
Slow data grid   (237 Views)
HiI have a created a simple ASP page that return a row of 7K records using a data grid control and created a link for whomever to download the code as a CSV file. Everything works fine but for the result to be displayed on the data grid control is slow and it takes a lot longer to open a link for a CSV file. I am just guessing there is something inside the code that slows the whole process.My question is: 1-Can I use one connection string and use it with two different objects.2-Can I use one sql statement for both CSV file link and display the record in a data grid control.3-Can I combine the code I use to create a CSV file with data grid and still get the CSV file and display the record in a data grid control.I really apprecite if someone could take a look at and give me an advise where to make the correction.Below is the code
Export to Microsoft Excel   (205 Views)
For some reason, when I right-click on one of my DATAGRIDS and select Export to Microsoft Excel, it starts to export the data, but eventually the process stops and all I see is the headers from the datagrid, but no data.I have been able to export other tables/datagrids to excel without any problem - what may be the issu
Getting handle on contol programatically   (275 Views)
I'm sure there's a really easy way of doing this, but I haven't found it yet.I have a bunch of asp:hyperlinks. I have their IDs stored in a database. I want to be able to pull a record from the database and get a handle on the control with that ID.I thought FindControl might work something like this:FindControl(IDvalueFromDatbase).CssClass = blahBut that doesn't work. How should I be using findControl Or how about another way of doing i
C# Business Logic Component   (337 Views)
I have been asked to Create a Business logic layer for my company. I have to create an Order.cs class with Add,Delete and Update methods and a OrderCollection using IEnumberable. The Data Access layer we are using is Microsoft's SQLHelper Class Library. The part where Im having trouble is OrderCollection.cs creation and how it gets used in the Order.cs class.Im quiet new to designing C# classes and components and was wondering if someone could provide me with a sample source code or a reference link
Problem in xml web service   (208 Views)
hi, im trynig to build a xml web service in c# in visual studio.net, i want the service to get a xml document as a parameter and sava it to database.my code looks like this: CODE[WebMethod] public string writeFile(object xmldoc){ XmlDataDocument xmldoc1=(XmlDataDocument)xmldoc; DataSet ds=new DataSet(); ds=xmldoc1.DataSet; return ds.Tables[0].Rows.Count.ToString(); }and i call it like this from an ASP form, after setting the web reference to it: CODEXmlDataDocument xml=new XmlDataDocument(ds1);localhost.Service1 Prxy= new localhost.Service1();TextBox1.Text=Prxy.writeFile(xml);but when i run the page, and click on the button, i get this error:"The type System.Xml.XmlDataDocument may not be used in this context."i added the using statements i need at the begnining of the web service file.. can anybody help me
C# and Visual Studio Problem ... please   (101 Views)
Hi all,I have got a weired problem with Visual Studio. I am trying to use C# as default compiler. what i am doing is after starting VS i select -> My Profile and then from Profile Combobox i select-> Visual C# developer. But by the time i select it Profile is changed instantly back to Visual Studio Developer. I don't know why I checked my instllation if C# is installed, everything looks ok.What can go wrong Any other alternative way to do itregards,rahman
Data Connection Integrated Vs. SQL login   (242 Views)
all. I have returned from the dead or jobless whichever.I was just wondering if anyone here had opinions on using data connections with integrated security or using a SQL login. Security risks, problems, concerns, whatever is on your mind speak and be heard. That'l do donkey, that'l do MarkIf you are unsure of forum etiquette check here FAQ796-2540
Server Error in '/xyz' Application:   (109 Views)
When I am executing a SQL Server Stored procedure which is taking more than a min. through aspx i am getting the error.Server Error in '/net' Application.------------------------------------------------------------Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.-----------------------------------------------------------Anybody have any idea
Parser error with codebehind on global.asax   (169 Views)
Coming in at 6:30 AM is not productive, as much as they might think!K, Here is what I get:Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'theimageconnection.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: That's the assembly name... there is nothing in the global.asax or global.asax.vb. Can I delete these
Still on my search for controls   (281 Views)
I know this can be done, but I can't figer out how.How can I build a web control that uses more than html components on it If you look at .NET components, you can find several components that have their only style, not depending on the html controls. For instance, the RTF control shows a sort of textarea, where you can have multiple colors, fonts and font sizes. This is not a html textarea. Besides, it exposes it's properties and events both to client script and server script. How can I do something like it NetAngel
Load Page in Sections   (181 Views)
I have a page that has 2 gridviews and 3 or 4 charts. It takes it a few seconds to load depending on a couple of items.1. How many items are in the gridviews2. The number of days the charts spanMy question is this1. Is there a way to make the page display like Gridview1 then continue to load the rest2. If not, is there a way to just databind the gridviews and like the first chart on page load then have checkboxes for when you want to see the other charts - Matt"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness"- Windows 2003 Server, 98 SE, XP- VB.NET, VSTS 2010, ASP.NET, EXCEL VBA, ACCESS, SQL 2008
Opening a website   (94 Views)
Hi all,I just started working on asp.net ( a newbie). I could so far build some pages and got them running on my own machine. Right now, I have in my hand the code for a website that is currently running. I just want to know the procedure to open this website. I followed these steps:1. Save the project in a folder on a local drive.2. Go to VS-> choose Open Website->Build Website->Debug using the config file.3. This just opens up the home page (home.aspx).I'm not sure if this is it. I'm unable to get any images displayed nor am I able to browse through the debugging version. Also, I need help in setting up the IIS for this. I know this is way too much to ask but I really need this help
1st Project   (383 Views)
I have been asked to take some information that comes in on a communcications port and present on screen like a wallboard. I would appreciate any sort of guidance on this project. I am not sure if it is possible to read a communications port and am I really struggling. I was thinking about using a seperate application to collect the data and then read the file. The problem I have is the info is real time and is extremely simple.The file comes out real time and the data is already collated so all I need to do is take it and format it and display on the screen.The info comes out in raw text.Something like this 87 4000 4 5000 85 3800 4 5001 88 3900 4 5002This happens every second and I would like to display this on a real time wallboard. Is this possible and if so would anyone please offer some guidance. The info would be displayed as below.Temperature RPM motors run time 87 4000 4 500
Hiding controls conditionally in formview   (161 Views)
I'm working with a client who has a FormView on an ASP.NET (VB) page, displaying a single record pulled from SQL using a SQLDataSource on the page. Some of the data are address or phone fields that may be blank. If they're blank, there should be no white space/blank lines, and any accompanying labels must be hidden.Example:123 Any TownSomewhere, NY 10101Phone: 212-555-1212Toll-Free:Should look like:123 Any TownSomewhere, NY 10101Phone: 212-555-1212("Phone:" appears in a label)Two questions:1. Is a databound FormView the best choice of control in this situation2. What's the best way to hide controls, without leaving white space (thinking use of a panel would do the trick if that's not overkill, but wasn't sure ofhow exactly to refer to the controls within ItemTemplate of a formview
Framework Question   (500 Views)
In my project I am connecting and pulling some data down from an as400 using the .net Provider=IBMDA400. Now, when i update my IIS server with the new pages etc. I get an error message telling me that IBMDA400 is not registered. What would cause that I am using the built in .net provider not the IBM client access provider.any help would be appreciated