SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

have visual studio pro where's asp.net?

I have visual studio pro where's asp.net The box says I get c#, c++, and vis basic .net, I want to know where is the asp.net How does one get it and what does it cost if I already have visual studio

Posted On: Tuesday 1st of January 2013 10:34:16 PM Total Views:  418
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

calendar   (124 Views)
Hi everybody, I have an aspx file where there four textbox fields of date like birthdate, joindate, startdate... I want to use calendar control yo select the particular date, but i don't want four calendar controls on my page. Any alternate to use single calendar control to insert date for all the four date fields. Or i can say can i develop common calendar control for whole my application which set the selected date to particular page's control. Any way to generalize calendar control.mansi
ASP Sending Variables in VB given a form   (95 Views)
all, I am attempting to send 2 vars cid and coId with a form to another page. However, I cant figure out how to transmit them. On the page that receives, process_job.asp I am using request.form to another variable 'job_title. How can I get the others since they are in VB between tags I tried appending them to the line: but it wouldnt allow it. I need to transmit these values so they may be entered in the table on the next page as foreign keys.
how to Maintain Session between ASP and ASP.NET?   (110 Views)
plzz, Reply me How to maintain session betwwen asp and asp.net pages and also give code example that how to access ASP Session in Asp.net
SQL escape characters{resolved}   (136 Views)
,Im using SQL wityh ASP.net but have just encountered a problem.I want to search by surname.Fine.But when I enter a name such as O'Neill or O'Sullivan,my sql statement breaks because of the apostrophe.Im sure theres an easy way around this.Is there a way of stripping your text of apostrophe
What is going wrong ?   (108 Views)
I have a window which is opened using the window.showmodaldialog command. It display data relating to the record on the main page it is opened from. I change data and click a save button. It shows the the changed data. I check with Enterprise manager that my data has actually changed in the table - it has. I close my modal page. I reopen it and it is showing the old data again. If I put a break point in the Onload event it doesn't go through this event at all except the first time I open it.What am I doing wrong TIA
Any good free ASP.NET 4 hosting?   (110 Views)
Do you know any good free ASP.NET 4 hosting
Edit Html templates using   (118 Views)
Hi Friends, We are developing a web application for web templates, for that i have to edit html templates using vb.net. i need the code for that. How can i edit the html page. is there any possiblity to read the tags and edit. Plz help me
Popup Question   (113 Views)
I have a calendar in [default.aspx] Within a cell in the calendar I have a hyperlink. When I click that hyperlink I want a gridview displaying the data for that date to appear in a popup [Gridview.aspx]. Is there a simple way to transfer values to a popup
Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a   (200 Views)
Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. The above message is what I get in my ASP.NET 2.0 page. I have debugging turned on and for those who want to see the stack trace, see below. In my old web site I had a frame set with a ASP page in left frame and ASP.NET 2.0 page in right frame. It was working perfectly. Then I changed the frame set into IFRAMEs (well actually using floating/draggable/resizable IFRAMEs from http://blogus.xilinus.com/ ). Now I get the above error message when I try to load up my ASP.NET 2.0 page within a IFRAME created by http://blogus.xilinus.com/. ASP pages are fine. Stack Trace: [CryptographicException: Length of the data to decrypt is invalid.] System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount) +1493410 System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.FlushFinalBlock() +30 System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.EncryptOrDecryptData(Boolean fEncrypt, Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Boolean useValidationSymAlgo) +154 System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.GetDecodedData(Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32& dataLength) +119 System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +214 [ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate. Client IP: 127.0.0.1 Port: 4945 User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) ViewState: /wEPDwULLTEyMTQ2MDU5NjVkZLmM+Cz37HbivYCM/Wp5kXC0U+qx Referer: http://localhost/main.aspx Path: /Record/Optimiser/ASP/OptimiserOpen.aspx] [HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.] System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationerror) +116 System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +251 System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +4 System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter, String serializedState) +37 System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +220 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +83 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadState() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6953 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +154 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49 ASP.record_optimiser_asp_optimiseropen_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +29 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +154 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64
2010 web form control buttons   (127 Views)
When working with a C#asp.net 2010 web forms, I am wondering if you can take the 'buttons' out of a control and place them somewhere else on the webform and still have them work I would want those buttons to still refer to the asp.net control that they were originally associated with I am referring to buttons like insert, delete, and update. In particular I am asking that question about the listview, formview, or detailview control If this is possible, I am wondering if you can tell how how to accomplish this task and/or point me to a url that I can use as a reference to complete this task In addition when working with the buttons within the web form application and preferably not within the asp.net control, can I perform other programming that needs to occur If so, can you tell point how this would be accomplished Would I need to put the code in a certain method like a page_load,pre_init, a certain click event
search engine   (103 Views)
i m making a search engine and have a text box in which value will be insert and i want that value being search in database in c# asp.net using sql.could u provide me code or it.m making a search engine and have a text box in which value will be insert and i want that value being search in database in c# asp.net using sql.could u provide me code or it.
I am trying to connect and write to my database in ASP using VB   (127 Views)
This is my first ASP.net program so I am sure that my code will not look great, but if you can hel it would be appreciated. I am receiving the following error message "System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement." Line 34 is highlighted in red this is my code: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Public Sub Page_Load() 11. End Sub 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. Private Sub Survey(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) 17. Response.Redirect("Survey.aspx") 18. End Sub 19. 20. Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles 21.Button1.Click 22. Dim Connection As OleDbConnection 23. Dim cmd As OleDbCommand 24. Dim sqlstring, Customer, EmailAddress As String 25. 26. Customer = TextboxCN.Text 27. EmailAddress = TextboxEA.Text 28. 29. Connection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|Customers.mdb;") 30. 31. Connection.Open() 32. sqlstring = "INSERT INTO Customers (Customer, Email Address) Values ('" + Customer + "', '" + EmailAddress + "')" 33. cmd = New OleDbCommand(sqlstring, Connection) 34. cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() 35. 36. Connection.Close() 37. End Sub 38. 39. Protected Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) 40. 41. End Sub 42. This post has been edited by modi123_1: 14 October 2012 - 10:32 PM Reason for edit:: add code tags - highlight the text and click the 'code' button.
difference between asp.net1.1 & 2.0   (122 Views)
plz tell me difference between asp.net1.1 & 2.0.........
on screen keyboard key Event in Asp.ent C#   (181 Views)
I have one Login Page in windows Application Form and i want to create open on screen keyboard on button click event... i have done it but my problem is that when i click on "On screen Keyboard" then put that character or any key value store in text box or display any any message box to press key value..... so you have any code for that then give me reply very fast... i need it.. MOD EDIT: Topic moved and closed for violating the rules. We are not your personal code factory. Dream.In.Code has a policy by which we prefer to see a good faith effort on your part before providing source code for homework assignments. Please post the code you have written in an effort to resolve the problem, and our members would be happy to provide some guidance. Be sure to include a description of any errors you are encountering as well.Please post like this: Thank you for helping us helping you. This post has been edited by JackOfTrades: 13 September 2010 - 04:32 AM
online hotel reservation system   (110 Views)
how can i desing the database for an online hotel reservation system
dynamically added usercontrol @ref tag   (126 Views)
I have always used either the @reference or the @register tags for my usercontrols in my aspx pages. I want to avoid using either tag in my aspx page for this application. I read somewhere about the use of interfaces and delegates to avoid having to pre register my usercontrols. But I can't find any examples or any good descriptions of that technique. I have an asp.net 2.0 page that I want to code a mulitview panel on. I have 120 or so usercontrols and my requirement is that I may need to load several of them on the page but I don't know which ones ahead of time. I am trying to end up with a page that will give me a dozen buttons filled in by sql table lookup which point to the usercontrol when pressed. I want to dynamically load the usercontrol in the page and avoid the screen flash so I am using a mulitview to load the controls into and show them when the button is pushed. Any suggestions Thx
HTML to ASP.net   (127 Views)
I've got a mate who designed his own website for his business. He did it in pure HTML and it looks really good, but he now wants to put a dealer login up, with different prices etc. so he turned to me. [it will therefore have database access, datasets etc] So I'm just wondering what the best way is to change the site from HTML to ASP.net I've never done this before as I've always worked within ASP, from scratch. I'm not sure whether I'll have to change the whole site or just add an ASP page with prices etc. (is this even possible) Would I just cut and paste the HTML markup into the markup page in ASP What are the best practices when doing this
Setting current folder   (82 Views)
Dear all,In my web page i need to load file from current folder but the system quit with error message which point to file not found in "C:\WINDOWS\System 32\LoadFielName" I suppose the file should be in C:\InetPub\wwwroot\SystemNameFolder", right Do i need to code some setting syntax in my web page or code behind file to set the current folder
Use Dropdownlist in DetailsView using asp.net/2.0   (78 Views)
Instead of textbox, i want to use a dropdownlist in one of the fields in my DetailsView. I am using DetailsView for data entry. And one of the fields shoud be in dropdownlist because the record shoud be come from another table.Please help me how to do this, or yet much better if you have some example..Links to other tutorial are also welcome.To give you an insight this is what i want.Location Table:LocID LocName1 1rst Floor 2 2nd Floor3 3rd LoorItem TableItemCode Description LocIDItem1 Chair 1Item2 Table 2 Item3 Furniture 3Now I will be using DetailsView to View this "Item Table" records. Also i will allow to edit, delete, and Insert new record.Obiously what i want to happen is to limit entry for the locID of Item Table to have a referential integrity to Location Table. When i click for the "New" in DetailsView, all data input are in textbox. I want to have dropdownlist on LocID
Capture Cookies and IDSession from another ASP   (119 Views)
i have acces to a asp application with username and password... but i want to login automatically from my ASP.NET aplication.i have no idea how to do itbut i must get idsession and cookie that asp application send to me.may anyone help me thx in advance
highlighting a text box in asp.net   (105 Views)
i have seen text box getting highlighted in gmail and some websites, when the focus is on the particular textbox. I want to know how it is done. By the way am using c# lang.
ASP - VB - SQL - Display logged in username as label   (116 Views)
Is there a way to display the logged in user's username as a label. That would be awesome if someone has a method for doing this(if simple).
Dynamically Assign An ID To LinkButton   (182 Views)
HiI have a Reapeater control on my webform that is bound to a collection of objects. This collection implements the System.Collections.CollectionBase namespace.Databinding the repeater works fine but I am having problems assigning an ID to a linkbutton.The following is the code i'm trying to use:CODE Reply Message of This produces the following error:CODE'' is not a valid identifier.Does anyone know how I can bind the ID of this linkbuttonTIASmeat
Installing IIS   (116 Views)
I need to install VS on a Windows XP. I need IIS as well. When I go to Add/Remove Windows Component, there is no entry for IIS. I don't have an XP installation disc.What are my options __________________________________________Try Forum1391 for lively discussions
How to select Visual FoxPro logical field from ASP.NET   (132 Views)
Hi!I'm writing an ASP.NET application that connecting to Visual FoxPro database, I want to select a logical field "IsActive" equals to ".T." from the "Customer.dbf", I've tried the following but they don't work:"SELECT * Customer WHERE IsActive=.T.""SELECT * Customer WHERE IsActive=TRUE""SELECT * Customer WHERE IsActive='TRUE'"Does anyone know the solution
Can web form perform drag and drop?   (144 Views)
Can web form perform drag and drop
Deploying asp.net application to test and production   (338 Views)
all. We currently deploy our asp.net application to our test server, then staging server, then production server. When we first deploy it to our test server, we always have to check out the web.config file and change the Debug parameter to Debug=False, then recompile.Is there an easier way so we don't always have to remember to change the debug parameter all the time Perhaps there is an addin that gives us the option to change the setting when we click "copy project"Anyone have any ideasThank you.
Encryption - Login and Password   (131 Views)
I am calling an ASP application from my ASP.NET application - located on different servers.In the call I am passing the "Login" and "Password".If one of the serevers is down - The error page also lists the "login" and "Password" in the error message.Is there a good encryption and decryption method I can use to prevent thi
including aspx pages   (96 Views)
HiI want to include my header.aspx (and .aspx.vb) in my pages. The header obviously has a page directive, as does the apsx pages I'm trying to include it in (doing .Errors out saying can't have multiple page directives... any ideas both pages have codebehind, so they need the page directive to set the inherits and src attributes
Can one aspx page post to another aspx page?   (228 Views)
Can one aspx page post to another aspx page I have a form on one page, and I would like it to post to another aspx page, but if I change the action, it still submits to itself. Could I do a response.redirect if it is not a postback Would the posted data be there
Object Management   (258 Views)
Hi ,Just curious how you've tackled the issue of object management between your pages.I'm pretty sure that just storing objects as session variables is sound and will work, but are there any other options that you may know o
if statement for an ascx page   (91 Views)
ascx is no different than aspx. the ascx is a webusercontrol. My guess is your mixing serverside and client side code.if you haven't worked with webforms before read up on how markup and codebehind work. you will also need to understand the difference between client and server code. Jason MeckleyProgrammerSpecialty Bakers, Inc.FAQ855-7190: Database Connection Management
ASP.Net page not passing variables to sub report in crystal   (136 Views)
I have a crystal report that contains several sub reports. Now within the crystal reports IDE the report works correctly and all sub reports are generated and variables that were entered into the first main report are persisted to the sub reports. When i generate the report from my ASP.Net page and generate the report as a PDF, some of the sub reports get generated while 2 of them do not, and when i profile it in SQL it is as if the variables are not being passed to the sub report it did work a little while ago, so i am quite unsure how this has happened my code is:CODEPrivate Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Load Report cr.Load(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("report")) 'Perform Crystal Reports Login DoCRLogin(cr) 'Pass Parameters and Set Report Source cr.SetParameterValue("jobcode", Request.Params("JobCode")) 'cr.SetParameterValue("dateFrom", CDate(Request.Params("dFrom"))) 'cr.SetParameterValue("dateTo", CDate(Request.Params("dTo"))) 'cr.SetParameterValue("DateFrom2", CDate(Request.Params("dFrom2"))) 'cr.SetParameterValue("DateTo2", CDate(Request.Params("dTo2"))) cr.SetParameterValue("dateFrom", CDate("02/01/2006")) cr.SetParameterValue("dateTo", CDate("02/07/2006")) cr.SetParameterValue("DateFrom2", CDate("03/07/2006")) cr.SetParameterValue("DateTo2", CDate("31/12/2006")) cr.SetParameterValue("FullPeriodStart", CDate(Request.Params("dFrom"))) cr.SetParameterValue("FullPeriodEnd", CDate(Request.Params("dTo2"))) cr.SetParameterValue("@Section1", 1) cr.SetParameterValue("@Section2", 2) cr.SetParameterValue("Currency", "") ExportReport() End Sub Public Sub DoCRLogin(ByRef oRpt As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument) Dim _applyLogin As New ApplyCRLogin ' use ApplyLogin object to apply login info to all tables in CR object _applyLogin._dbName = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("dbName") _applyLogin._passWord = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("password") _applyLogin._serverName = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("servername") _applyLogin._userID = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("userid") _applyLogin.ApplyInfo(oRpt) ' clean up _applyLogin = Nothing End Sub Sub ExportReport() Dim oStream As New MemoryStream ' // using System.IO ' Select Case format ' Case "PDF" oStream = cr.ExportToStream( _ CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat) Response.ClearContent() Response.ClearHeaders() Response.Buffer = True Response.ContentType = "application/pdf" '-------------------------------------------------------------- Try Response.BinaryWrite(oStream.ToArray()) Response.Flush() Response.Close() Catch err As Exception Response.Write("< BR >") Response.Write(err.Message.ToString) End Try End SubHas anyone got an ideas THanks Rob ---------------------------------------http://www.thatssolastseason.co.uk
Weird error only on Win 2k3 server; Encountered User Breakpoint   (91 Views)
Can someone please tell me why this code (it is a function that has a parameter xmlstring):CODEDim objWebRequest As HttpWebRequestDim oRequest As WebRequestobjWebRequest = CType(WebRequest.Create("https://anon:6442"), HttpWebRequest)objWebRequest.Method = "POST"objWebRequest.ContentType = "text/xml"Dim PostBuffer As Byte() = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(65001).GetBytes(XmlString)objWebRequest.ContentLength = PostBuffer.LengthobjWebRequest.ProtocolVersion = HttpVersion.Version10Dim oStream As Stream = objWebRequest.GetRequestStream()oStream.Write(PostBuffer, 0, PostBuffer.Length)oStream.Close()Dim objWebResponse As HttpWebResponseobjWebResponse = CType(objWebRequest.GetResponse, HttpWebResponse)Dim Enc As EncodingEnc = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(65001)Dim oStreamReader As New StreamReader(objWebResponse.GetResponseStream, Enc)ResponseString = oStreamReader.ReadToEndoStreamReader.Close()Return ResponseStringCauses this :Quote:The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2032- w3wp.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services: Application has encountered a user-defined breakpoint.Process id=0xfb8 (4024), Thread id=0x1198 (4504).Click ABORT to terminate the application.Click RETRY to debug the application.Click IGNORE to ignore the breakpoint..When I change the code above to use the old MSXML serverxmlHTTP COM object things run great but when I tell it to use the above code i get the above message in the application event log.The most unusual issue about the whole thing is that it works perfectly on my test machine which is windows xp with iis 5.1 and the same .net version. Yet on a win2k box with iis 6 it causes this problem.
ASP.NET Windows Integrated Security   (162 Views)
This is the first time I'm useing Integrated Security, and I am probably missing something silly.I have IIS set to use Integrated Security and anonymous access is disabled.My web.config file is set to: This causes the login prompt to appear when accessing the web form, and I cannot log in. I don't think that it is doing any real authentication. When I "allow" a specific user and "deny" another, anybody can get in. Does anybody know what I could be missin
Can JS access the controls in a USER CONTROL for client-side events?   (139 Views)
In the main ASP.NET page ... if you have a user control ... which say contains several controls like say text boxes for a person's address .... how can you use JS to access the text boxes in the User Control.Do user controls support events on the client side that you can use JS to access how do you do thatSay I want to access the client side change event for a textbox within the user control ..... .. I have no problem with the server side events. I want to explore JS for client side processing as well.
How to call a DLL from ASP.Net...something like this...   (132 Views)
I'm redoing an ASP code using ASP.Net..In the ASP code, i have a drop down box, ASP calls a DLL to get the values for the drop down box:bjLogin = server.CreateObject("ESPDatabaseAPI.Mode")rec=server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset")rec = objLogin.List()do while not rec.EOF %>
Web Control:TabStrip graphic images available?   (90 Views)
Where can I find some graphic images for my TABs in thw Microsoft TabStrip web controlTrying to spruce up my images.
User control issue   (97 Views)
I have created an *acsx file for my navigation. In it there is some logic for the log in button. In the old asp version I checked a session variable to see if user was logged in and if so to replace the log-in button with a log-out button. I am having problem trying to do the same in the asp.net version. Below is the navigation.acsx page.You will notice that there are no tags around the imagebutton tag. When I do add it, it crashes and tells me that I cannot have two tags. naturally, I am importing the navigation.acsx page to the main page and it already has a
Reaching invisible Datagrid Cell   (77 Views)
I have table with columns;ProductIDProductNameProductDescriptionI want to show results using an editable DataGrid. however when displaying the data, i dont wanna display the productId. So I set visible value to false. When i do so , I can not get its value in updating sub.How can i get the value of that column in updating sub
Alphabetized indentifying Links within Datalist   (95 Views)
I have a datalist that is displaying a list of all the reports available to my management staff. There are various ways to filter it, but one request has been to list all of them on one page "just in case." There are over 400 of them.What I want to do is list them alphabetically and have an Alphabet of hyperlinks at the top of the page. It would look like this:A | B | C | D | E ..... etc.When the user clicks on 'M' I would like to jump down to the first report that begins with the letter 'M'. Right above the M's I would also like a 'Back to Top' link. This is a very easy task to do in strait HTML, but I can't figure out how to get it work with a datalist or datagrid.If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it
Refering to Dynamically Added Controls   (155 Views)
Hi!I am adding controls to an ASP.NET page at runtime. Because of the nature of the task there could be any number of new controls added. Does anybody know how I refer to these controls once a button has been clicked to submit the form A method of looping through them would be ace!The new cotrols live in a panel (not created at runtime). I have tried doing a FindControl on the panel, but am having no joy :(Ideas would be great!CheersRob
Trouble sequencing numbers in Access.   (93 Views)
I have an Access database with a table and 2 columns.ybOrderNums webOrderNums10000 20000And I have a chunk of code that reads one of the numbers (depending on which type of job) increments the number, and replaces it with the new, incremented number.However, I am getting some customers with duplicate numbers. Here is my code:Dim strNewNumI, srcColumn, strNewNum As String Dim objTable As New DataTable("NewOrders") Dim objReader As OleDb.OleDbDataReader Dim objConn As New OleDbConnection(dbAccess) Dim cmdNewNum As New OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM tblNewOrderNum", objConn) Select Case oType Case ordType.WebOrder srcColumn = "wOrders" Case ordType.YBOrder srcColumn = "yOrders" End Select objConn.Open() objReader = cmdNewNum.ExecuteReader Do While objReader.Read strNewNum = objReader(srcColumn) Loop objReader.Close() strNewNumI = strNewNum + 1 cmdNewNum.CommandText = "UPDATE tblNewOrderNum SET " & srcColumn & " = '" & strNewNumI & "' " cmdNewNum.ExecuteNonQuery() objConn.Close() Return strNewNumII am not sure how to set this to pessimistic connections, so only one person can read the data at a time. Or should I do a stored procedure
ASP.NET and Crystal Reporting   (97 Views)
There are sample app;ications and white papers available at http://www.crystaldecisions.com/products/dev_zone/net/default.asp
Control Question   (146 Views)
I can get the UniqueID of any control on my page, but I want to know how I can use this info to edit the control's properties.I have a TableCell Control that I want to edit the text of by using the UniqueID, is there a way of doing thisCheersJames
Cannot catch exception because its not of class system.exception   (115 Views)
,I'm coding ASP.NET with VB and I've been nicely coding away for a few days getting things working and now that they do i thought it prudent to start putting in some error handling.Rather then use the old 'on error goto' approach i thought that 'try..catch' was the way to go. However, even trying something simple as follows, i get error 'Cannot catch exception because its not of class system.exception'trymyvar = mvothervar / someothervarcatch ex as exception when myvar = 0 response.writeendThe 'ex' is underlined, with the above error. I dont get this message when starting a new project, i really dont want to have to cut and paste all my code to a new project. Anyone any ideas about whats gone wrong
How to see errors on a remote server   (128 Views)
I am creating a page that is being stored on a remote server. Right now I am getting the error below. I have set the mode to off, but I still get this. I want to be able to see the exact error even though it is stored somewhere else. Any help would be great. ScottRuntime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
Calendar Control   (118 Views)
For some reason, my calendar control is giving me an old date. In my Page_Load method, I am outputting the SelectedDate, but it is always one old. For instance...Date Clicked Output ValueLoad 01/01/000110/23/2002 01/01/000110/25/2002 10/23/200210/10/2002 10/25/2002Has anyone ever had this problem I don't understand!
HttpHandler output using System.Web.UI.Page   (111 Views)
ok, so i have this handler for "xml2" files...all they are is regular xml files structured like text etc etc so that i can use xsl to simplify formatting and parse in menus and what not.it was all cool using my handler to just parse with xsl and display, but now i've changed to a whole new strategy so that i can incorporate the power of aspx. i have a PageTemplate class that inherits from System.Web.UI.Page...i then have a user control that inherits from this... in short, i just put content in an aspx page and it doesn't have to be well formed xml or anything like that and i get the same affect as my xml2 thing, only now i get a wysiwyg editor for other developers...wopee!ok now my question...i still want to use the xml2 pages, but i don't want to the xsl to handle any menu stuff...so i want to basically change the request to an aspx page that and then change that into a TemplatedPage and then parse in my transformed xml2 into some content cell...any ideas sorry for the crappy explanation, but i don't want to write a research paper in a little box.what i'm thinking about doing is simply doing a context.response.redirect("formatpage.aspxp=" + request.url); and having formatpage.aspx do the grunt work, but i want a more graceful solution from within my handler.see http://www.aspalliance.com/Mamanze/articles/default.aspxpath=PageTemplate for a snippet of what i'm doing with the page template...mine is very similar to tha