SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

error when deploying on ASP.NET application on windows server 2003

Is it possible that your installation package is missing the FillComboBox library Is this something that you installed manually on your Development machine, and hasn't yet been installed, or included in the installation package

How did you create the installation package

Gary

Posted On: Wednesday 31st of October 2012 02:27:49 AM Total Views:  211
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

error StartIndex cannot be less than zero.   (283 Views)
can any one help me how to fix this error StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex Source Error: Line 250: '-- replace spaces with "_" in the filename to make it URL encoding compatable Line 251: Dim lastslash As Integer = pf.FileName.LastIndexOf("\") Line 252: Dim strnonspaces As String = strFilename.Substring(lastslash).Replace(" ", " ") Line 253: strnonspaces = strnonspaces.Replace("&", "and") Line 254: strFilename = strFilename.Substring(0, lastslash) + strnonspaces error in line 252
error   (141 Views)
hi wonder any one can help me out... i want to view a asp.net file in IE but was prompt this error msg line: 9 Error: expected ";" below is my code WebForm2 sub Page_Load dim dbconn,sql,dbcomm,dbread dbconn=New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;data source=" & server.mappath("erestaurant.mdb")) dbconn.Open() sql="SELECT item FROM stockList" dbcomm=New OleDbCommand(sql,dbconn) dbread=dbcomm.ExecuteReader() dim firstrow As Boolean = True while dbread.Read() DropDownList1.Items.Add(New ListItem(dbread(0).ToString())) End while dbread.Close() dbconn.Close() end sub sub test(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) session("temp")= selectItem.SelectedItem.Text response.redirect("stocklist2.aspx") end sub what is wrong any way to retifiy this error
send error   (270 Views)
I would like to know if it's possible if at anytime an error occur on my server, i would like to receive an email with description of the error.
strange datagrid error   (136 Views)
I want to use datagridpaging, so I have set the allowpaging propertie to TRUE. Then I use the following code to fill the grid with the next page : Private Sub dgRoute_PageIndexChanged(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Handles dgRoute.PageIndexChanged Try Response.Write("testing 1,2,3") dgRoute.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex DgFiller() Catch ex As Exception Response.Write(ex.Message) End Try end sub because the response.write is not written to the page I think that somehow the sub is totaly ignored Does anybody knwow what causes this problem Krol
Couple of MASTER page errors that I would like to clean up   (266 Views)
I got a master page that I would like to clean up some errors in - and I'm unsure as to why they are happening. Here's the code (I didn't write this myself) Code:   © Copyright 2009 xxxxxx Translations First error is the LINK isn't liked up top - here are the error messages Code: Warning 9 Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Element 'link' must be included within a parent element. C:\ClientAccess\StyleAndAuth.master 3 2 C:\ClientAccess\ Warning 13 Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Attribute 'background' is not a valid attribute of element 'td'. C:\ClientAccess\StyleAndAuth.master 15 22 C:\ClientAccess\ Warning 16 Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Attribute 'height' is not a valid attribute of element 'table'. C:\ClientAccess\StyleAndAuth.master 53 65 C:\ClientAccess\ Warning 19 The class or CssClass value is not defined. C:\ClientAccess\StyleAndAuth.master 55 16 C:\ClientAccess\ Warning 23 The class or CssClass value is not defined. C:\ClientAccess\StyleAndAuth.master 63 44 C:\ClientAccess\
Re: Select statement error   (128 Views)
In code behind getting error: Code: Dim mySqlSelect As String = "Select distinct GroupName from Vecellio.dbo.GroupsTable where GroupName like %" & prefixText & "% order by GroupName desc" Value of string: Select distinct GroupName from Vecellio.dbo.GroupsTable where GroupName like %A% order by GroupName desc Error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException = {"Incorrect syntax near 'A'."}
VB.Net LocalHost error   (132 Views)
I have just installed .Net, have IIS installed also and tried to run an ASP web application. It tries to start and i get the error "Unable to create web project. The file path c:/inetpub/wwwroot/webapplication1 does not correspond to the URL http:/localhost/webapplication1. The two need to map to the same server location. Error http:404 file not found" Am i doing something completely wrong i am doing is opening a new project. Can anyone help out a newbie with what i hope is a relatively comman and easy problem
Receiving error in Visual Studio.Net when compile with F5   (142 Views)
, I am receiving following error in Visual Studio .Net while compiling page with F5. "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permission to debug the application. The URL for this project is in the Internet zone. Click Help for more information." However page with execute properly with debugging by pressing Ctrl + F5 keys in Visual Studio .Net I am using Win XP in local net. I need solution of the above problem... waiting for your reply..... For get actual idea, check image in attachment. Thanking You, Paresh
Re: Custom error page is not working in Hosting server   (143 Views)
, Can you confirm exactly what you do see Also, how are you testing this How are you causing an error to occur Here is a very good discussion on this topic: http://aspnetresources.com/articles/...rrorPages.aspx Gary , , So, as per the documentation here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h0hfz6fc.aspx This means that the customError will be shown when you access the page from anywhere other than the localhost. To see the error message, you would need to change this setting to off to see the error. Gary
adodb load error   (157 Views)
Has anyone seen this error: Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'ADODB' could not be loaded. === Pre-bind state information === LOG: DisplayName = ADODB, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a (Fully-specified) LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ReliabilityTracking LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin Calling assembly : ReliabilityTracking, Version=1.0.2097.23663, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. === LOG: Publisher policy file is not found. LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config). LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config. LOG: Post-policy reference: ADODB, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/reliabilitytracking/f3b0a179/558ee6e7/ADODB.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/reliabilitytracking/f3b0a179/558ee6e7/ADODB/ADODB.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ReliabilityTracking/bin/ADODB.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ReliabilityTracking/bin/ADODB/ADODB.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/reliabilitytracking/f3b0a179/558ee6e7/ADODB.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/reliabilitytracking/f3b0a179/558ee6e7/ADODB/ADODB.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ReliabilityTracking/bin/ADODB.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ReliabilityTracking/bin/ADODB/ADODB.EXE. Stack Trace: [FileNotFoundException: ] ReliabilityTracking.OutageMain.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731 The server is running Windows 2000 Server, MDAC 2.8, .Net Framwork 1.1 I have re-installed the MDAC, but still get this error. Please point me in the right direction.
validator unable to find script...error   (142 Views)
Don't know why get this error when I use any validator web control: Unbale to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_hes/1_1_4322/webuivalidation.js' Try placing this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis-c'. please help....
error while accessing label value in GrdiView   (159 Views)
Hi , I am using GridView and design is as below:- Reply   Delete In grdMasterPrj_RowCommand event if (e.CommandName == "Reply") { Label Query_Id = (Label)grdMasterPrj.Rows[Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument)].Cells[0].FindControl("QueryId"); } I am getting below error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index I also tried with changing cell value to 1. What is the error , please anyone help me in this..
Re: refresh datagrid causes error if oper scrolls off to the right of grid   (133 Views)
I have a datagrid that is populated with data. If the operator scrolls off to the click on a field that is off to the right (not initially displayed on the grid) ---- then the operator does something that needs to repopulate that data with a different set of information --- an error is generated. The new data consists of the same fields, but just it is just pulling in a different set of data. If the operator does not scroll off to the side of the grid but refreshes the grid with new information, the error does not occur. If the operator scrolls off to the right, but does not click on a cell, an error does not occur. I have included the code that binds data to the grid and displays it. I've narrowed down that it is stopping on the "dgtabhistory.DataSource = mydataview " statement where I bind the data to the view. The error says: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll Additional information: Column 'Strategy ID and Desc' does not belong to table ACTIVITYHISTORYGRID." The column name may change --- it kind of depends on how far over to the right I scroll on the grid and which cell I click on. Does anyone know about a possible bug with VB.net Or am I missing something Is there a special command(s) I need to do before I bind new data to a datagrid PHP Code: DimsqlConn4AsSqlConnection=NewSqlConnection(Connection) Try sqlConn4.Open() Dimsqlcomm4AsNewSqlDataAdapter("salesRaptor_GetActivityHistoryPC",sqlConn4) sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.CommandType=CommandType.StoredProcedure DimworkParam4AsSqlParameter=NewSqlParameter workParam4=sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("@Rep",SqlDbType.VarChar,25) IfchkTabHistoryWholeTeam.CheckState=CheckState.CheckedThen sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@Rep").Value=Rep_ID Else sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@Rep").Value=txTabHistoryRepID.Text EndIf workParam4.Direction=ParameterDirection.Input workParam4=sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("@Status",SqlDbType.VarChar,25) DimtypeAsString type="" IfcmbTabHistoryStatus.SelectedItem="ClosedStatuses"Thentype="" IfcmbTabHistoryStatus.SelectedItem="EmailedStatusOnly"Thentype="E" IfcmbTabHistoryStatus.SelectedItem="AttemptedStatusOnly"Thentype="A" IfcmbTabHistoryStatus.SelectedItem="CompletedStatusOnly"Thentype="C" sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@Status").Value=type.ToString workParam4.Direction=ParameterDirection.Input workParam4=sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("@ProspectID",SqlDbType.VarChar,25) sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@ProspectID").Value=Prospid.ToString workParam4.Direction=ParameterDirection.Input workParam4=sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("@contactID",SqlDbType.VarChar,25) Iftabhistproscontsw="CONTACT"Then sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@contactid").Value=ActContid.ToString Else sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@contactid").Value="" EndIf workParam4.Direction=ParameterDirection.Input workParam4=sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("@wholeteam",SqlDbType.VarChar,1) IfchkTabHistoryWholeTeam.Checked=TrueThen sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@wholeteam").Value="Y" Else sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@wholeteam").Value="N" EndIf workParam4.Direction=ParameterDirection.Input workParam4=sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("@allreps",SqlDbType.VarChar,1) IfchkTabHistoryReps.CheckState=CheckState.CheckedThen sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@allreps").Value="Y" Else sqlcomm4.SelectCommand.Parameters("@allreps").Value="N" EndIf workParam4.Direction=ParameterDirection.Input DimdsAsNewDataSet sqlcomm4.Fill(ds,"ACTIVITYHISTORYGRID") 'holdsdatafromquery 'ds.Tables(0).Columns(16).ColumnMapping=MappingType.Hidden'hidetherecordstatusfield Dimx=ds.Tables(0).Rows.Count() DimmydatatableAsDataTable=ds.Tables(0)'tablename DimmydataviewAsDataView=mydatatable.DefaultView 'mydataview.Sort="DateClosed" 'sorttable dgtabhistory.DataSource=mydataview'bindsdatatogrid Dimts1AsNewDataGridTableStyle'changecolumnwidths ts1.MappingName="ACTIVITYHISTORYGRID" DimnumRowsAsInteger=dgtabhistory.BindingContext(dgtabhistory.DataSource,dgtabhistory.DataMember).Count txRecCountHistory.Text="Count:"+CStr(numRows.ToString) If(dgtabhistory.CurrentRowIndex
A machine.config error when I try to send an e-mail from an aspx page   (135 Views)
I have an aspx page that send an email to the user, and until now it worked, but now I receive an error. This is the sub and the error: Code: Sub send_Password(Sender As Object, E As ImageClickEventArgs) If (Page.IsValid) Then Dim CmdPassword As New SqlCommand("return_Password", strConnection) CmdPassword.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure CmdPassword.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@e_mail", SqlDbType.varchar, 50, "e_mail")) CmdPassword.Parameters("@e_mail").Value = mail.Text() CmdPassword.Parameters.Add("@Resp", SqlDbType.TinyInt) CmdPassword.Parameters("@Resp").Direction = ParameterDirection.Output CmdPassword.Parameters.Add("@Password", SqlDbType.varchar, 8) CmdPassword.Parameters("@Password").Direction = ParameterDirection.Output strConnection.open() CmdPassword.ExecuteNonQuery Dim Response As byte = CmdPassword.Parameters("@Resp").Value strConnection.close() If (Resonse = 1) Then Dim E_mail As New MailMessage() E_mail.To = mail.Text() E_mail.From = """Cesar"" " E_mail.Subject = "Access Data - MySite.com" E_mail.Body = "Your access code is: " & CmdPassword.Parameters("@Password").Value E_mail.Priority = MailPriority.Normal try SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.infomail.es" SmtpMail.Send(E_mail) Response.Redirect("forgotten_code_ok.aspx") catch exc as Exception Message.Text() = "An error happened." End Try Else Message2.Text() = "None user was found with these credentials." End If End If End Sub And the server error message: The XML file c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config could not be loaded. Attempted to access an unloaded AppDomain. Source Error: [No relevant source lines] How can I solve it
Maxed Pool Connection reached error   (82 Views)
I keep getting Maxed Pool Connection reached error on my web site like once a day. How can i close pool connections when i am done with them
Re: [2008] What's the best way to handle errors   (153 Views)
Hi Guys, What's the best way of trapping errors and displaying them on screen. Please advise
Is there a way to set one error page for all errors?   (136 Views)
well the bookie that I'm reading is creating a separate error page for different error numbers. I'm wondering if it is possible to have one error page that would also desplay the specific error that happened. IE, errorReport.aspx would tell the user what error was raised... no idea, is it possible
.asax error   (141 Views)
Trying to run a web application which is called WebFormsDataBinding. There is a page called ManuallyCoded.aspx On top of this page, in it's html page there is this line as follows: But it gives an error as follows. Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'WebApplication1.Global'. Source Error: Line 1: I don't see why the error mentions WebApplication1 because the project is called WebFormsDataBinding Any thoughts
db error   (94 Views)
I have an update page where the user can change data in the db. When I delete data from a textbox and keep it empty, then save to the db, I get this error: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Is there a way around this
An operations error occurred. How descriptive   (175 Views)
I am getting the below error on one of my sites. This code is in a class that when passed a user name, searches active directory and finds all there information. The code works on the exact same server just in a different virtual directory. the needed references are in there. If you have this site open in Visual Studio it will work in the debugger. Any idea why I would get this error on that code and only for a specific virtual directory Code: An operations error occurred. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: An operations error occurred. Source Error: Line 91: Try Line 92: ' instantiate and assign directoryentry object to new object Line 93: Dim obj As Object = entry.NativeObject Line 94: ' instantiate directorysearcher object Line 95: Dim search As New DirectorySearcher(entry) Code: 'Get persons Name Dim entry As New DirectoryEntry(Domain) Try ' instantiate and assign directoryentry object to new object Dim obj As Object = entry.NativeObject ' instantiate directorysearcher object Dim search As New DirectorySearcher(entry) ' apply directorysearcher properties and filters search.Filter = "(SAMAccountName=" + un + ")" search.PropertiesToLoad.Add("cn") search.PropertiesToLoad.Add("department") search.PropertiesToLoad.Add("title") search.PropertiesToLoad.Add("Manager") Dim result As SearchResult = search.FindOne() ' check result If result Is Nothing Then 'Response.Write("no user found") Else ' instantiate new stringbuilder object Dim sb As New StringBuilder() Dim bs As New StringBuilder() Dim ts As New StringBuilder() Dim mns As New StringBuilder() Dim resProp As ResultPropertyCollection resProp = result.Properties ' iterate through propertynames to get details sb.Append(result.Properties("CN")(0).ToString()) ts.Append(result.Properties("department")(0).ToString()) bs.Append(result.Properties("title")(0).ToString()) mns.Append(result.Properties("Manager")(0).ToString()) ' display results temporarily in messagebox _UserName = sb.ToString() _title = bs.ToString() _department = ts.ToString() Dim tempMgr As String = "" tempMgr = mns.ToString.Remove(0, 3) tempMgr = tempMgr.Remove(tempMgr.IndexOf(","), tempMgr.Length - tempMgr.IndexOf(",")) _ProgramMgr = tempMgr End If 'TODO: do to exception what it does to you!! Catch ex As ArgumentOutOfRangeException Throw New ADEntryMissingException("There are incomplete fields missing in AD for " + _UserName + ".") End Try