SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Development server set up

Hi

We are currently getting together a set up for a ASP.NET development server. This server will in effect be running IIS and hence will enable us to run our applications away from the client machines, which will not have IIS installed on them.

As far as I know, we need to install IIS and MS .NET Framework on the server to run applications. There will also be SQL Server running. Is DAO also needed to access the database

Is there anything else that is needed

We do not want to install Visual Studio .NET on the machine.

Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 11:34:45 PM Total Views:  186
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Re: How to start the web application development in ASP.Net using VB.net   (110 Views)
, I want to develop a web application using ASP.Net in VB.Net. I have Visual Studio 2005 installed on my computer. When i select a ne project in VB.Net, i cannot find ASP.Net web application. Or how can i start with the development of the web application in VB.Net or C#.
Re: Web development   (108 Views)
Im new in web development Im using ASP.net with VB I was just wondering if i could call a query from a popup page hope you could help me.
Web site development using MS Publisher   (113 Views)
I need to develop a quick web site, visually appealing for a friend starting small business. I can do it using Publisher. It is mostly static web site except that he wants to add features like downloading documents etc from web site. Does anyone know if this could be accomplished using Publisher Can those htm files be edited in Visual Studio Any suggestions
Need help setting up a virtual development environment.   (266 Views)
I am trying to set up a virtual server for development at work with which me and my colleague can both develop on and I was hoping one of you could help me set up the permissions so we can begin developing this. I installed Windows server 2008 on a virtual machine created with VMWare. I have the server hosted on my pc which is on the network with my colleague. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to set it up to where we can begin developing the web site on the VM. Does anyone have any suggestions I was trying to do this without setting it up outside our firewall, but even though I have user accounts on the server for both of us and the folders shared, I cannot create any of the files I need. What's the trick to setting this up Or am I going to have to give it its own static ip and connect to it through this
unable to connect to the asp.net development server   (196 Views)
Hi , After installing SP1 for VS 2008 I get this message : "unable to connect to the asp.net development server" every time I'm try to build a website or even when i try to run "ASP.NET configuration" under the website tab, is any one have a clue how to fix it I google it for couple of hours but none of the solutions seems to work for me it might be important to add that after the installation finish i now have little "9" digit in the right side of my VS 2008 icon.
Consuming WCF service for development in advance?   (146 Views)
Hi I was asked this question - How do you start consuming a WCF service in advance (read before being implemented/deployed) I couldn't think of a very convincing answer and said probably we can generate a proxy and provide some stubs ..etc... you got the idea. Even I was not convinced with myself. The question do make sense as presentation and services are different tiers. One should not be waiting on other in development at least. Anyways, so I have been thinking since then and need some pointers on this from experts out there. Any suggestions / aproaches.
Re: [2008] Website Deployment Problem (works OK on development machine)   (113 Views)
My website is working OK in development environment but fails on the webserver. I'm pulling services from a service provider to host my website, so I do not have physical access to the machine. I have paid for hosting on .NET 3.5 and the service provider has also confirmed that he is hosting it on .NET 3.5 environment but the last line in the error page seems like he is hosting on 2.0 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433 I'm using the visual studio "Publish Website" option to generate the files to be uploaded to the website. Could this be a problem The generated website too works ok on my local development machine. Pradeep
Small db web development (NEWBIE)   (123 Views)
I am not a NEWBIE here but I am a NEWBIE to web development. I am here asking for some simple guidance from the forum. I am planning (head first dive in the shallow end) to create small website that will do two things; #1) Be an online line database for sports enthusiast (me) to query,sort,search,sum etc...various boxscores of various sports. #2) Host a user forum to discuss what you have found in #1. At this point I have done two thing's..... #1) Secured the domain name http://visualboxscore.com #2) Requested my company for Visual Studio (they agreed) As far as the actual data(boxscores) I have them already I just need tool that anyone can access and query various items....nothing too elaborate & complex & very similar to what you would get if you were doing the "custom" filter in excel. The userforum is cake, I have already done it. However, the database side will be all new. My question to all of you. What else do I need to get started and where should I look first Do I need anything special on the server side Microsoft SQL etc..
Re: Web Control Library works in development but not production   (160 Views)
I have created a web control libraray (ActiveX control replacement) and it works just fine when I'm running it inside Visual Studio. However, as soon as I publish the site to a web server IE doesn't load the control. The placeholder doesn't even show up. The web server I'm publishing it to is located on the same machine I designed the control on. I have verified that the page is in my trusted zones and ActiveX control downloads are enabled. Also, something curious, when I sign the control it stops working in both the development and production. Any ideas Any help is appreciated!
[2005] ASP.Net 2.0 Sql server 2000 connection not working on development server   (153 Views)
I created an application locally on my pc. I have no problem connecting to a sql server 2000 database that is located on a seperate server. I setup users, roles, rules via security configuration tool. related information is corrrectly stored in the sql server 2000 database. I run the application locally and everything works great. I then copied the website to the development web server and I am able to open the login page but when I go to enter username and password it cannot find the database. error message Server Error in '/facilitatortracker' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) What do I need to do to get the application to work on the dev server If you need anymore information please lert me know.
Few questions - first time ASP development.   (331 Views)
HiI tried to do my first ASP page.I need help with:When I create SQL string "select field1, field2 from tablewhere id = & textBoxID & and birth = &textboxBirth&"1. Can I insert into that SQL string SQL formula, for instance : ..Where REPLACE(id,' ','') = & textBoxID &.If yes, what is the proper syntax, if no, how do I trim the ID field I know there extra spaces in the database's IDs.2. How do I handle the birthdate format if in the SQL it is datetime datatype. Do I need formatting with textbox outputIf yes, how If a user inserts date like yyyymmdd or dd-mon-yy, how do I compare that to the birthdate field in the table correctly3. Please help me with ' and " to create the select string correctly with 2 fields in where clause.Thank you very much.
Publishing asp.net pages on the development box   (162 Views)
,Now that I'm done building some web pages I want to let others test the pages out. What do I need to do in IIS on my server so that someone else on our network can type in "http://IntraNet.aspx " or what ever and pull up my default page Or in VS.ne
.NET Studio development   (253 Views)
I've got a hand coded asp page which has two text boxes and a button. Enter text into the boxes, click the button, and an sql connection is made, an sql command is executed, and the data is inserted into the database. No problem.What I'm trying to do is to replicate this using Visual Studio. I drag the two "web form" text boxes onto the form, I drag a "web form" button on the form. I drag an sqlconnection and an sqlcommand onto the form. I set the sqlconnection datastring to my database, and I set the sqlcommand connection to the sqlconnection. That's the easy bit.The bit that's got me stuck is how to make the sql command use the text boxes as part of the insert query, then how to make the button execute the query in response to a click event. I'm trying to avoid typing code as much as possible to see if it is actually possible.The MS tutorial says dumb stuff like "put the following stuff onto a form, now cut and paste this code into your project". That's not what I want. I'm looking for a GUI solution, if possible.
free hosting that supports .aspx development?   (225 Views)
does anybody here know of any Free Webhosting services that also allow developers to develop using VB.Net and hence run .aspx files
audio notes for project development using asp.net   (363 Views)
hi .....
Is .NET is good for web development tool   (243 Views)
Hi.. I am Prabhakar Chaturevdi.. Please tell me that .Net technology is too good for the web site development.
Visual WebPart development   (146 Views)
Dear DiC, I am currently using Visual Studio 2010 to try and develop a Web Part for Sharepoint 2010. Background 1) I create a new project using the new Sharepoint 2010 Visual Web Part template. 2) To that, I add two class library projects, named businessLogic and dataAccess such that I create a 3tier architecture. 3) I sign the class library projects using the SNK file of the Visual WebPart project 4) I add a reference of the businessLogic project in the visual web part project 5) I add a reference of the dataAccess project in the businessLogic project 6) In the package.package file in the visual web part project, I add a new assembly to the build and reference the .dll's of the class library projects.* The Problem In the bin folder of the businessLogic project, there is a .dll for the businessLogic class and a .dll for the dataAccess class that I'm referencing. If I add both the dataAccess assemblies (.dll's), i/e the one in the businessLogic project and the one in the dataAccess project, I will get a build error as visual studio will pick this up as a duplicate. If i reference only one, then I can not use the web part as it will be flagged as unsafe (no entry in the web.config for which ever .dll i don't mention). Can someone tell me if the process I'm following is correct Is this the way to develop a 3tier project in c# within visual studio 2010 I hope I've included enough information but please ask me if i need to clarify anything, Any support will be very much appreciated Additional Info * I have no issues deploying a web part using this technique as long as it is a 2 tier architecture, however it fails when i attempt to expand to 3 tiers.
wesite development for online flight booking   (158 Views)
i want to develop a site for online flight booking any online flight ticket booking site has a search option where source and destination are chosen and the flights available is shown in the search. what i want to know is how do i get this flight availability database which retrieves the available flight according to a search querry. is this a web service which i need to purchase,and from where can i do so
asp.net 2.0 website development   (127 Views)
i am developing a website using c# and VS 2005. I want to upload the site without the CS files. is it possible to compile the website is such a way that this is possible. if so then howthanks a lot in advanceregardsAbhishek Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. - Einstein, Albert
n-tier development   (156 Views)
Does anyone know of any links/books so that I can learn about n-tier development in ASP.NET/C#