SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

deploying crystal report

hai,

im developing asp.net with crystal report bundled version.
Application running successfully in my system. But the same is not in another system (crystal report not installed). wat R the requirements to deploy the application.

Thank U

v.r.mahedran

Posted On: Tuesday 6th of November 2012 11:12:39 PM Total Views:  237
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Error exporting crystal file   (214 Views)
I have a routine to export Crystal Reports files to pdf. If I try to set the pdf file name automatically, I receive an error saying that the file is in use by another program. If I hard code the file name, the code works ok. That's the relevant code I am using: spdffilename = "C:\Docs\MyFile.pdf" sDestinationOptions.DiskFileName = spdffilename oexportoptions = pReport.ExportOptions With oexportoptions .DestinationOptions = sDestinationOptions .ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile .ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat End With pReport.Export() 'Error occurs here If I change the first line to: spdffilename = System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(pReport.FilePath) & ".pdf" The code stops working when the export method runs. Can anyone see what is wrong in this line
crystal report   (178 Views)
I have created a simple crystal report in my asp.net, c# project. But whhen it gets to: cvwProducts.ReportSource = Server.MapPath("ProductsReport.rpt"); then the error is: "can not load report" Do you know what seems to be the problem in producing the report please
[2005] crystal reports printing problem in webserver   (182 Views)
hi, is there any configuration for printting crystal report from webserver.becos i am using crystal reports in my asp.net application. so i can able to view report and if i give print it prints fine. but if i browse my webpage from webserver(IIS) and give print it tells "PrinterNotInstalled" error message. so pelase help me to resolve this error message please
Re: [02/03] crystal Reports (bundled with VS03)   (184 Views)
Hi Im trying to generate a crystal report at runtime based on datasubmitted from a webform. The report will come from the same tables always but the information from the webform is used in the SQL. My current method is : Query the database and use a dataadapter to store the info in a Dataset. the dataset is not stored not the server as a file, it only exists during runtime (not .xsd) Then i create a CR at design time pointing at the dataset created in the previous step as its source. Only problem is the Dataset has no datatables in it to create the report from ! lol I tryed to get round this using an xml file and writing the dataset to the server. However this isn't perfect as multiple people will be using the application and generating a new xml file for each user would soon take up alot of space So to some up my question is ... 1) Is there a way in which dynamic crystal reports can be generated based on data submitted 2) If a file has to be generated can this be removed afterwards 3) Also i started tooking at hard coding the entire report, is it possible to add tables and data from a seperate SQL using objects in the Crystaldecisions.crystalReports namespace
export data in crystal report to MS Access   (189 Views)
could anyone guide me on how to export data in crystal report into MS Access. Or maybe from datagrid to MS Access... TQ..
what do use crystal report print graph report ?   (179 Views)
i make sampleDataSetConfiguration.vb Imports Microsoft.VisualBasicImports System.DataImports System.Data.OleDbPublic Class DataSetConfigurationPrivate Const CONNECTION_STRING As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Crystal Reports\Samples\en\Databases\xtreme.mdb"Private Const QUERY_STRING As String = "SELECT * FROM CUSTOMER"Private Const DATATABLE_NAME As String = "Customer"Private Const DIRECTORY_FILE_PATH As String = "C:\WebSites\VB_Web_Data_DataSets\"Public Shared ReadOnly Property CustomerDataSet() As DataSetGetDim myDataSet As DataSet = New DataSet()'myDataSet.ReadXmlSchema("XMLSchema.xsd")Dim myOleDbConnection As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection(CONNECTION_STRING)Dim myOleDbDataAdapter As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter(QUERY_STRING, myOleDbConnection)myOleDbDataAdapter.Fill(myDataSet, DATATABLE_NAME)Return myDataSetEnd GetEnd PropertyEnd Class inside code behide(Default.aspx.vb) i write begin sample Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.EngineImports CrystalDecisions.SharedImports System.DataPartial Class _DefaultInherits System.Web.UI.PagePrivate customerReport As ReportDocumentPrivate Sub ConfigureCrystalReports()customerReport = New ReportDocument()Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath("Customer.rpt")customerReport.Load(reportPath)Dim myDataSet As DataSet = DataSetConfiguration.CustomerDataSetcustomerReport.SetDataSource(myDataSet)myCrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = customerReportEnd SubProtected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.InitConfigureCrystalReports()End SubEnd Class
crystal report graph   (161 Views)
HiCan I only put a graph in the report header or footer of a crystal reportI would like the graph to depend on the change of a field in the detail and a summary of the whole report is no good. Also i can change the record source of the report but i dont seem to be able to change it in the chart
Newbie need help deploying asp 2.0 app to web server   (267 Views)
I am working on a project in asp 2.0 in vs 2005, it works fine on my machine but when i tried to deploy it i get access denied, the application has a fileupload controls when the user selects a file it will upload the file to the server which is hosted by a hosting company i configure the asp settings using their control panel to allow write, read, basically every setting their is to get this thing to run, the web application will also read, upload files, create subdirectories, & create .xmls what do i have to do to get this to work
vb.net and crystal report   (156 Views)
hii frnds i m using crysatl report with vb.net. when i export the report it is taking to much time and if there are 4 or 5 pages it shows message not enough memmory. how can i mail this report like vb&crysatl report option . mail option is not comming here.Pls help me
crystal report   (167 Views)
hii am using asp.net and c# version 2.0visual studio 2005 and sql serveri need to know the step by step proceedure in creating a crystal reportdo help me plzzz
moving / deploying a website   (261 Views)
I am trying to move a project from my machine onto a IIS webserver and have it run when people view the pages.I was following http://support.microsoft.com/id=326495 "How to move your Visual Studio .NET Web project to another computer" but its just not working.there were a few small glitches like I didnt understand the bit about the .sln file (The mention it but never where to save it or how to build a new one)I can try running the project through Express Edition and when it runs it will still be using Localhost. If I navigate directly to the webserver with a browser it will not load the file. So how does one change the basic files into something that IIS will serve u
deploying asp net   (247 Views)
How do I set my web app on the web I don't know whta are the steps needed to do that first I have my app in visual studio ...what files do I need to keep I'm using reports in crystal so...What libraries do I need to use ... I have the host with ftp... How Do I put my app in there... Plz I would really appreciatte ur help ..And how do I connect my app with the database in sql..What Do I put in the we config ,...server IP only Jimmy
crystal report   (189 Views)
when the report loads i cannot see images or chart or even the controls of the crystal report viewer i'm using xp is there a solution to this
how to begin with crystal reports..   (178 Views)
hi I am trying crystal reports in asp.net for the first time and couldnt make it work...can anyone plz tell: 1) how does reportsource work; 2) at times the 'Field View' button in ttolbar gets disabled...making it impossible to add fields from DB to report...why does this happen or better...if u may suggest a good forum for .net crystel reports thnx.
asp.net+crystal repoert   (117 Views)
hi i have a 3 frame page i frame is menu second is menu for printing third is show of the rpt WHEN I CALL THIS PAGE U SEE THE REPORT BUT IF I CALL IT Again i dont see it until i resize the one of the frames 2. how can i request that when i click the button on frame a he will open the rpt on frm b tnks
The page cannot be found error after deploying into live server   (233 Views)
Hi all, I am new to ASP related projects. I compiled a demo ASP.Net (with C#) and uploated into our Internet (live) server. but when I try to open the site, it shows 'The page cannot be found - The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.', along with 'HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.Internet Information Services (IIS)' erros. I tried several times by changing ASP.Net version from 1.1 to 2.0, then by creating VDIR, but no use. Where I am missing Please guide me.
Passing the values of my crystal report from another page   (185 Views)
Hi .Just want to ask if someone knows the code or site that could help me in my problem. Working with crystal report is fine but passing the values of crystal from page to another is difficult. I dont know if that is possible too
having problems deploying a web site   (216 Views)
I am trying to put my project to our server (windows server 2003) though the copy project is VS 2005 and whenever I tried to run it through my internet explorer this error message comes out...Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.Source Error: Line 8: \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config Line 9: -->Line 10: http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">;Line 11: Line 12:
crystal report   (166 Views)
im doing project on pathology management in vb.net im just not getting how to display data from two table in one crystal report in which according to the specified id the name should displayed from one table and result of the the specified id should be displayed from other table plz can u help me in this i have to present this proj within 4-5 days
Problems after deploying a Silverlight Application using WCF service   (348 Views)
again Im hoping to be on the right topic. So here it is: I am publishing a SilverlightApplication that uses a WCF service to read from a database. The application uses Bing Maps to visualize some polygons. The thing is, that after I publish it ONLY on some machines I get the following Error: at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() at Tracing.Views.DrawContent.client123_selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object sender, selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs e) at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.Service1Client.onselectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object state) Caused by: [Async_ExceptionOccurred] Arguments: Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....ceptionOccurred at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() at Tracing.Views.DrawContent.client123_selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object sender, selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs e) at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.Service1Client.onselectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object state) Caused by: [Async_ExceptionOccurred] Arguments: Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....ceptionOccurred at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() at Tracing.Views.DrawContent.client123_selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object sender, selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs e) at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.Service1Client.onselectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object state) Caused by: [Async_ExceptionOccurred] Arguments: Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....ceptionOccurred at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary() at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs.get_Result() at Tracing.Views.DrawContent.client123_selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object sender, selectImotsByEkatte_visualCompletedEventArgs e) at ServiceConnection.MyServiceReference.Service1Client.onselectImotsByEkatte_visualCompleted(Object state) The machines I refer to have different OS. Meaning that on some machines with XP it works fine, on others doesnt, on some machines with winodws 7 it works fine but on others doesnt and etc. , so I believe it is not an OS based problem. The interesting thing is that I am confident that some of the methods that the application calls from the service work fine, beacause in the beggining of the application you are asked to log in as a user, and the method that validates the user reads from the database and executes on the service, therefore it calls the service successfuly. So some machines have no problem with the login proccess and then they give this error when pressing a button that calls the method mentioned in the eror. Others give the error when trying to log in. (Of course the error that they give in the login fase is with different error message, but the difference is only in the method mentioned in the message. It is again a Async_ExceptionOccurred Debugging resource strings are unavailable... ) So, in some cases I am confident that there have been previous calls to the service that were successful, yet at a certain point it gives that error. I have absolutely no idea how to deal with that and what might be the problem. In more details how I publish the project. (I am confident that all my connection strings are correct) I build the Service in Release mode ( tried in debug too) then I publish it in Filemode. I run it while it is in release mode and in the client I configure the service refence to be on localhost:(servicePort), I do that because the service and the client are on the same machine, then I build the project again tried in both Debug and Release, and publish it in filemode. I then copy the folders on the servermachine. Through IIS7 I create a new site for the service and in the default document I add on the top Service1.svc . I configure the site to open on the same port that the service was run through the studio that I mentioned above, so the service connection configuration in the client to be at the correct port. After that I create a new site for the Client and in the default document I move my default.aspx file on top. The application pools that I use on both projects are ASP.Net v4 So this is everything I can think of, tell me if there is more information that is needed, I am really hoping that I find a way to fix the problem, because it is a deal breaker. I thank you in advance and apologise if I have made some newbie mistakes or didnt explain everything well enough, Im new in programming.