wrap text when too long for the current cell
auto size cell to wrapped contents
display a popup comment similar to what is found in excel
comments are user editable
allow all comments to display when loading the control
merge cells rows/columns
insert image into cell, allow user to paste image into cell
capable of asynchronous calls

Have tested several controls and most of these features are available. However, I routinely get stuck on displaying comments in the intended manner.

Posted On: Friday 28th of December 2012 03:44:57 AM Total Views:  242
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Get directory listing into arraylist   (113 Views)
, any suggestions how I can get the filenames from a directory into an ArrayList I'm not sure how to do this.
Howto specify numbers of display items in the dropdownlisbox   (167 Views)
.I have a dropdownlist that are populated with data from a table, there will be around 200 items in the list. When i click at the list arrow, it shows 28 items, and i can scroll up and down, Is there way to make the dropdownlist to show 10 items. I try the Dropdownlist.style.add("items","10") in the pageLoad but it didn't work.Thank in advance for your help.
selecting a drop down list on a webpage   (168 Views)
Does anyone know how to select (or Activate/Highlight) a Drop Down List in the C # code behindThxSaj
Relative images path in .NET   (88 Views)
I have .asp page in which I use
Data Reader with no Value   (93 Views)
Hi Based on the code below how would I get the data item "Address1", for instance, not to show if the value in it was "n/a or empty" I would also prefer that a gap was not left in its place if possible. Any help appreciated
hierarchical or data using .Net   (106 Views)
Hi all,I have been given the task of creating a summary page for a customer application. The page needs to show hierachical view of data in the format of:Dealer - Department 1 - Vehicle 1 Vehicle 2 Vehicle 3 Department 2 - Vehicle A Vehicle B Vehicle CDealer 2 - Department 1 - Vehicle A Vehicle B Vehicle C Department 2 = Vehicle 11Etc.......currently i am not entirly sure on how to achieve this. Can i use nested controls or would it be better to simply create the table on the fly using code Any input would be greatly appreciated
No event fired at first click of image button.   (183 Views)
all,Weird problem I ever came across. I have an image button. When click for the first time, it doesn't fire. But second time around it does fire. Have anyone ever have this problem
Access tag from class   (96 Views)
Is it possible to access a tag on one page by ID from another page How about from a class pageLet me explain... I have a literal on a page called header.ascx. Now, I can assign this literal a value from the codebehind file of header.ascx by doing cssLink.Text = "";However, I would like to be able to edit this literal from a base page class that I created. If it is possible, I just need to know the right syntax to use to access tags across different pages
Considering to use placeholder to display data from the database   (127 Views)
,I am designing the page in which the details of an Offer (after clicking in some Offer line) will be displayed. This page will execute a query to the database and will contain tables of data that sometimes, some of them, will not appear, and the same with some of the tables rows.My question is: Which is the best control to use so that when some parts of the page are not, the rest of the parts are displayed normally without blank spaces between them I mean hiding the parts where there are not data.I am thinking in PlaceHolder, Is this the best control to use when rendering variable data in a pageThank you,Cesar
Referring URL Integrity   (127 Views)
HiSimple question relating to security on our site. We need the client to access one page before accessing another so please can someone tell me if the referring url (Request.UrlReferrer) easily "hackable
List validation   (138 Views)
, I have a populated list of things from a database and I give them the option of adding something if it is not there. However, I need to verify that the added object is not on the current list and tell them it already exists alongside not adding it to the list. How can I do tha
How to create a photo gallery   (197 Views)
I'm new to asp.net and i'm looking for a way to create a foto album.I have a database bith the filename and folder where the image is..Can any one guide me on how to start. Maybe a free component or different ways to do i
Host Headers and Integrated Windows Authentication   (132 Views)
I have an interesting problem... I have an intranet web application that uses integrated windows authenticates and impersonation. everything works great if I access the site like this:http://pcname/frolder/default.aspxWhen I access the site like this. http://pcname.domain.com/folder/default.aspx it gives a popup asking for my username and password.Here is some background:I have a host header setup on this website to be the same as pcname.domain.com and an entry in DNS for pcname.domain.com. pcname.domain.com is not the same as the computer's NetBIOS name. I have tried (multiple times) to use SetSPN -A HTTP/pcname.domain.com with no luck.My question is, does anyone know of any issues with Host headers, IWA and ASP.NET's impersonation Or am I just not understanding how this works
ASP.NET Web Controls not visible on Client   (128 Views)
I'VE HAD IT!!! I'm a VB (6-.NET) programmer trying my hand at ASP.NET and I've been dealing with this same problem for days. Here it is:I've created a number of aspx files with server controls; everything look fine on my pc, but when I try and access the pages from another client workstation, the controls are not visible (accept for labels).Both machines have: Windows XP, .NET Framework 1.1.4322, and Service Pack 2.I've done all the following steps on the client PC:1. Installed Service Pack 22. Installed .NET Framework 1.13. Registered the Framework using regsvr324. Registered the WebForm controls using aspnet_regiis -i(not necessarily in that order)What more is there
Object must implement IConvertible.   (162 Views)
I have a datagrid in which I am doing an update. But I get this error when I click on the update LinkButton: CODEObject must implement IConvertible. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Object must implement IConvertible.Source Error: Line 170:Line 171: cnn.Open()Line 172: cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()I'm sure my code is correct in the update function. What could be happening hereHere's the datagrid's update routine:CODE Public Sub grdwork_Update(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs) Dim wid As Integer = CInt(e.Item.Cells(0).Text) Dim wkd As TextBox = CType(e.Item.FindControl("txtWorkDate"), TextBox) Dim mdl As TextBox = CType(e.Item.FindControl("txtModule"), TextBox) Dim req As TextBox = CType(e.Item.FindControl("txtReq"), TextBox) Dim des As TextBox = CType(e.Item.FindControl("txtDescr"), TextBox) Dim btm As TextBox = CType(e.Item.FindControl("txtBegtime"), TextBox) Dim etm As TextBox = CType(e.Item.FindControl("txtEndtime"), TextBox) Dim hrs As TextBox = CType(e.Item.FindControl("txtHrs"), TextBox) Dim chg As TextBox = CType(e.Item.FindControl("txtCharges"), TextBox) Dim cnn As New SqlConnection(cs) Try Dim cmd As New SqlCommand("Update_WorkLineItem", cnn) cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@WeekID", SqlDbType.Int)) cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@WorkDate", SqlDbType.SmallDateTime)) cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Module", SqlDbType.NVarChar, 30)) cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Req", SqlDbType.Int)) cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Descr", SqlDbType.NVarChar, 100)) cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Begtime", SqlDbType.Real)) cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Endtime", SqlDbType.Real)) cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Hrs", SqlDbType.Real)) cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Charges", SqlDbType.Real)) cmd.Parameters("@WeekID").Value = wid cmd.Parameters("@WorkDate").Value = IIf(wkd.Text "", wkd, DBNull.Value) cmd.Parameters("@Module").Value = mdl.Text cmd.Parameters("@Req").Value = req.Text cmd.Parameters("@Descr").Value = des.Text cmd.Parameters("@Begtime").Value = IIf(btm.Text "", btm.Text, DBNull.Value) cmd.Parameters("@Endtime").Value = IIf(etm.Text "", etm.Text, DBNull.Value) cmd.Parameters("@Hrs").Value = IIf(hrs.Text "", hrs.Text, DBNull.Value) cmd.Parameters("@Charges").Value = IIf(chg.Text "", chg.Text, DBNull.Value) cnn.Open() cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() Me.hdnMsg.Value = "Record updated: " & e.Item.Cells(0).Text Catch ex As SqlException Me.hdnMsg.Value = "Unable to update record: " & ex.Message Finally cnn.Close() cnn.Dispose() End Try grdwork.EditItemIndex = -1 LoadGrid(begdate) End Sub
Asp:Label Display Error   (211 Views)
For some reason when I go to populate the text property of the control I get the folllowing error:code:projectID.Text = "test"error:Name 'projectID' is not declared
Can I add a form attribute from vb code?   (265 Views)
I want to add an onkeypress attribute to the asp.net form object using vb code. Is this possible If so, can you please explain to me how
XML in ASP.Net   (82 Views)
I have taken great time to create a Stored Procedure in SQL server 2000 that returns the data as XML. When I write the XML out however it is being encapsulated with and tags. What am I doing wrong I am new to both XML and asp/ado.ne
CrystalReportViewer causing text on page to move up   (186 Views)
I have created an asp.net page with a couple of images, a paragraph, a dropdown list and a couple of text boxes on it. My goal is to have the clients enter the parameters and then click on the button to view the report in html format on the SAME page as the textboxes. There are several reports they can run so I would like for it to open in the same page so they always have the text boxes and dropdown list on the page and do not have to click on the back button to go back and enter parameters and select a different report. The problem is that when the report is ran and displayed, the text and text boxes are all shifted up on the page so the text and images are overlapping. Can anyone tell me why the text shifts up when the report is diplayed and what I can do to prevent it.
Positioning Web Controls   (131 Views)
I am new to programming ASP.NET and using Visual Studio. Is there a way that when you add a Web Control to a Panel you can position it I can not see the style tab in the properties.
DataGrid Overwritting   (180 Views)
I am doing some testing of an application and ran into a problem. I have a datagrid that that uses a dataview as its source. The dataview is a filtered view of a cached dataset (ie, the user can search the cached dataset). If I open multiple windows on my pc and do two differents searches, each page gets the correct data. When I change pages on the datagrid at the same time on the seperate windows, the datagrids mess up. Sometimes I get errors and sometimes one window pulls the data that is in the other window.Has anyone seen this before Is this just because I am on one computer with more than one window open or will this happen even when multiple users on different PC's are hitting the site
Hoe to create a dataset on runtime?   (159 Views)
How could I split the contents of this array in 3 columns, in a dataset Or is there a better way to get this information into a dataset all together Thank you for your help Steve Dim Tokenvar As String Tokenvar = Session("token") TextBox1.Text = Session("token") Dim name As ArrayList = New ArrayList Conn.Open() Dim DR As SqlDataReader Dim cmd As SqlCommand = New SqlCommand("usp_UserDocTypeList", Conn) cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure Dim p1 As SqlParameter = New SqlParameter("@p_UserToken", SqlDbType.VarChar, 40) p1.Direction = ParameterDirection.Input cmd.Parameters.Add(p1) cmd.Parameters("@p_UserToken").Value = Tokenvar DR = cmd.ExecuteReader() Do While DR.Read name.Add(DR(0) + DR(1) + DR(3)) Loop Repeater1.DataSource = name If Not IsPostBack Then Repeater1.DataBind() End If
Using a repeater in code behind   (129 Views)
I'm trying to write the code behind for a page that uses a repeater. I'm having trouble assigning data from the dataset to fields on my page. It doesn't like it if I use CODECStr(DataBinder.Eval(objHistory, "Tables[History].defaultView.[0].AccountNum"))ORCODEContainer.DataItem("AccountNum")I can't find any documentation on how to use repeaters in the code behind. It works if I do it inline (with Container.DataItem), but I've been having trouble with some buttons if I do it that way. Any suggestions
Sending an e-mail message from a form   (160 Views)
Hi!I am trying to send an e-mail to the user after he/she has entered his/her e-mail address in a form field and has pressed the submit button, but it doesn t work, a long exception is returned. Somebody knows what is the problemThis is the code:CODESub obtain_Password(Sender As Object, E As ImageClickEventArgs) Dim E_mail As New MailMessage() E_mail.To = mail.Text() E_mail.From = "theMarket@theMarket.com" E_mail.Subject = "We send your password" E_mail.Body = "Your password is: " & password.Text() E_mail.Priority = MailPriority.High try SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "newS" SmtpMail.Send(E_mail) Message_ok.Text() = "We have sent your password successfully. catch exc as Exception Message_error.Text() = "Send failure: " + exc.ToString() End TryEnd Sub And this is the exception returned:Send failure: System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004020F): The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for mike@yahoo.com --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters) at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) at System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) at ASP. forgotten_password.aspx. obtain_Password (Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs E) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\market\forgotten_password.aspx:line 4
Datadgrid template columns event handling   (151 Views)
Hi ,I have to create a datagrid in which i want to place a Buttons per column and textboxes for data entry. Then i want to bind the datagrid and the data should be on the textboxes. There are 3 textboxes and the addition of the values of the 2 textboxes will be displayed in the 3 one when the corresponding button is clicked. Now first of all i want to know how should i handle the click event of the Button so that i calculate the values.I want to create one more datagrid in which i put checkboxes and i enable paging for the grid. After binding the datagrid my paging is working fine. But if i have checked some boxes in the first page and when i go to next page and come back i lose my selection on the first page. So how do i restore the checkboxes in case i move from one page to another
substring   (115 Views)
i am trying to build the following string:string strSQL2 = "SELECT ProductName,UnitPrice,UnitsInStock FROM Products where CategoryID='" + myList.SelectedValue.SubString(0,1) + "'";but i keep getting this error, and im not seeing what im doing wrong.Compiler Error Message: CS0117: 'string' does not contain a definition for 'SubString'Any suggestions
Simple way to sort in editing datagrid for share   (221 Views)
In order to sort in two way, ASC and DESC, in editing datagrid, I found a simple way. I posted here for share:1) make a label lblToggle invisible and text = "ASC"2) Sub dgReportDetail_Sort(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal E As DataGridSortCommandEventArgs) Dim strMyOrder As String If Me.lbltoggle.Text = "ASC" Then strMyOrder &= E.SortExpression & " ASC" MyBindData(strMyOrder) Me.lbltoggle.Text = "DESC" Else strMyOrder &= E.SortExpression & " DESC" MyBindData(strMyOrder) Me.lbltoggle.Text = "ASC" End If End Sub
imports or inherits?   (153 Views)
When I add new form1.aspx, default first two lines are:"Public Class WebForm1 Inherits System.Web.UI.Page"Can I change to:imports System.Web.UI.PagePublic Class WebForm1What is different
To check into a subroutine if the current session has expired   (174 Views)
How can I check if the current session has expired I don t want for instance If Session(UserId) Is Nothing Then, because I am on the page that starts the session, and I don t know how to distinguish if the session has not begun yet, or whether the session has expired. Then if the session has expired I will redirect the user to another page, and if the session has not begun, I will make the corresponding inserts into the DB and I will start the new session. Thank you, Cesar
Use c++ dll with asp.net application?   (390 Views)
hi,I was wondering. Is it possible to use a C++ dll file, created in MS visual studio 6 with an asp.net applicationIf so, could someone provide an exampleThankx in advance.
Value of TextBox from a UserControl   (114 Views)
Hi all.Having a lttle trouble with UserControls. I am wanting to use UserControls to create reusable form elements, such as an address-entry set of TextFields etc. The only trouble is that I have no idea how to access them from a page that contains the control.For example, if I have a WebForm called UserDetails, which contains an AddressDetails UserControl that is comprised of several text boxes, when the form is submitted, how do I access the values of the text boxes in the AddressDetails contro
onClick method   (129 Views)
I have a submit button onClick method. Does anyoneknow why does it get executed twice How do I fix mycode so it doesn't get executed twice. I am writingthe code in c#.ne
Install problem   (226 Views)
Hi-I just installed VS.NET 2003, and when I tried to open a new .net web app project, i get the following error:VisualStudio.net has detected that the specified web server is not running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run asp.net web applications or services.So I downloaded the .net framework 1.1, installed that, and the same thing happens. is there something else i need to do
CheckBoxList with scroll bars   (318 Views)
Hi ,Is it possible to have a CheckBoxList control with scroll bars My application needs to allow the user to select multiple items from a list and my boss wants each item to have a check box next to it. Currently I'm using the CheckBoxList control. The problem I have is that there are too many items and the CheckBoxList doesn't seen to use scroll bars. I know I can have it display multiple columns but my boss doesn not want that. Can anybody tell me how I could create a CheckBoxList control that has scroll bar
Some data retrieval advice needed!!   (217 Views)
Hi all,i am creating a page that depending on the viewType shows information about a particular venue, for instance, the query string:http://mypage/venue.aspxviewType=Facilitieswould only show the facilities section. Now, i need some help deciding the best way to tackle this, do i:A) pull all the data from the database and then pull what i need from the database, might be a bit trickier to code.B) pull the data from the database on demand, using a case statement to tell the page what to get from the database and what to display on the page Can someone please give me some advice
Difficulty   (163 Views)
I'm told we have to convert our PHP based intranet to .NET. No one on the team programs in .NET and there is a huge uproar. How difficult is it to start work in .NETDigatle
Write to Excel File   (150 Views)
I would like the best way to write a datagrid to an excel file. Any Suggestions
How To Dynamic Create and Publish Xml WebService   (134 Views)
Hii am intrested to know how can i create at run time ASP.NET webServicei need to develop a wizard that will enable to expose .Net Assembly as WebServicebut i don't really understand how it can be donei saw some products that can do such things with Javacan and how can it be done with .Netand help will be wellcom
Browsing the Clients FileSystem   (142 Views)
My task is to design an Upload form which allows the user to chose some files on his machine and upload them to the server.Now I know using ASP.NET you can use the HTMLInputFile Control to do this. But my boss doesn't want the default Load File Dialog to open. He wants an aspx page which would allow browsing the file system just like in explorer. i.e. on the left you have the folders and on the right the files.So does anyone have an idea on how to do that I couldn't find anything usefu
VS Data formatting in textboxes   (178 Views)
In Visual Studio, is it possible to format data in textboxes For example, how could a currency value of 50 be displayed as 50.00
Problem with Config File at Project Startup   (248 Views)
I tried to run a simple ASP.NET application and when I tried to compile and run the project I got this error message: Error While Trying to Run Project: Unable to Start Debugging on Web Server. Then when I go to the Event Viewer I am getting this message in the Application Log: "aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password in the processModel of the config file are invalid."When it talks about the config file, is it referring to the web.config file located within the project When I opened that file I looked at this information: I am running Windows 2000 Server with IIS 5.0. I have no problems at all running regular ASP pages, but can't seem to get anything going on the ASP.NET pages. Please help...
ASP.Net development tools   (169 Views)
. What are you using as your ASP.Net development tool and why
Programmatically Declare User Control   (111 Views)
I'm struggling, trying to declare a user control in code. ASP.NET seems to accept the declaration, but won't let me access any methods or properties of the object.For example, followed bydim cl as new addminiagendacl.memberid = e.commandargument.tostringraises the following error:'memberid' is not a member of 'ASP.addminiagenda'.ANY IDEAS
Adding HTML to a placeholder   (141 Views)
How do you add HTML to a placeholder The following code comes from the microsoft site. When this is outputted, the buttons show up side by side. I would like to output the buttons in a table format with in the place holder (or a least with a so they won't be side by side) How would I do thisSub Page_Load(Sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Dim myButton As HtmlButton = New HtmlButton() myButton.InnerText = "Button 1" PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(myButton) myButton = New HtmlButton() myButton.InnerText = "Button 2" PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(myButton) myButton = New HtmlButton() myButton.InnerText = "Button 3" PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(myButton) myButton = New HtmlButton() myButton.InnerText = "Button 4" PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(myButton) End Sub
user registration advice   (155 Views)
HiHaving never done any kind of serious user registration (except some intranet stuff), I figured I'd see what you typically do. I'm working on a site that will allow users to register, so that certain preferences, favorites, etc are saved. I'm assuming I'll just do something like save the users username and password as a cookie, and set everything in the session or do people typically pull everything from a db each timeI guess i'm just looking for general practices that most people use
Why does .xsd not seem to work with my namespace.   (144 Views)
I get the message:Type 'underclassOrders.School' is not defined.This was an XSD file generated by Visual Studio. When I open the file I see:targetNamespace="http://www.tempuri.org/School.xsd" What is up with that. Shouldn't it be my namespace, 'underclassOrders' Why does Visual Studio break my code!!!
Which IDE, is Dreamweaver really that bad???   (129 Views)
HiI am pretty new to doing this hard core .Net development. I come from a web design background and have been building database driven sites for a year or so in ASP. However now im trying to learn ASP.NET and I am using Visual Sudio .Net. I have been learning .Net and Visual Studio for a few weeks and find V Studio really hard to use as a website development tool. Its design view is really limiting In the past I have used Dreamweaver and found this really good, I tried Dreamweaver MX which has .Net support and found it so much easier. I am considering using Dreamweaver MX as my development tool, is this a bad idea I have noticed that it doesnt offer code behind pages Does this mean I will lose the speed of .Net as the code is not pre-compiled etc... I am only looking to develop Websites so I dont really need the functionality of the Windows App's etc... I think basically im trying to work out what .Net functionality do i lose by using MX.In the past I have found that Dreamweaver is not considered as a devlopment tool but is it really that badMany
Http status error   (155 Views)
When trying to access a web service on one machine from the client app on another machine I get the following error:The request failed with http status 405: Method not allowed.Any ideas
Drop Down List Max Items?   (137 Views)
,Anybody know if the drop down list box has a maximum amount of items that can be added to i
secure files using Form base Authentication   (140 Views)
I'm using a Form base authentication (with logon.aspx) to secure all files/subdirectory within the root directory where my web.config file is located. The problem is i have images, PDF, HTML files within that directory that are still accessible to any user by typing the full URL path of the files, for example:http://www.somesite.com/secured_directory/images/pix.jpgORhttp://www.somesite.com/secured_directory/PDF/document.pdfIs there any way to secure all these types of file