SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Controls on WebUserControls

Newbie here so feel free to laugh ...

I created a webusercontrol based on a GridView, so I now have a 'myGridView' WebUserControl.

Go to a new webform, add the control, and voila .. I now have my modified GV.

But ... no smarttag option to set datasource or autoformat etc.

There is an option to 'Edit User Control' but that changes the source file .. and to be honest that scared me, is it possible to block that option I don't want my source file being altered by error !

So have I missed something realy obvious, or am just barking up the wrong tree altogether

Can I create a WUC giving all the normal functionality of a GridView, that can be used multiple times within a page as seperate instances with seperate datasources

Many

Posted On: Tuesday 1st of January 2013 11:41:39 PM Total Views:  188
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Sessions and Security   (210 Views)
I need to know if I can trust Session Objects to protect portions of my site. Is there a way to 'fake' a Session For instance, if protected.aspx has (in Page_Load)Code:If Session("LoggedIn") = "IsLogged" Then'code for the protected pageElseResponse.Redirect("unprotected.aspx")End IfCan someone fake that session value I'm setting it earlier in a codebehind, hoping that no one sees that but, is there a way someone can get around that
Random image display query   (576 Views)
Guys any ideas where i'm missing the point here still getting my head around this ASP lark I want to bring back the entire product list, check how many records there were and use this as a basis for a random number then filter to that record. Any comments most appreciated,
have visual studio pro where's asp.net?   (638 Views)
I have visual studio pro where's asp.net The box says I get c#, c++, and vis basic .net, I want to know where is the asp.net How does one get it and what does it cost if I already have visual studio