SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Window 7 Install Freezing problem at terms and conditions screen - HELP !!

Hi ,

After a bit of help to find out if it's Windows 7, the computer or the HD that is the issue.

I am upgrading my old 80gb Hitachi HDD in my lappy to a 320GB WD Black. I changed the HDD over in the caddy for a fresh install of Windows 7(64bit) (old HDD uses Vista). The Bios recognizes the NEW WD HDD and the install disk boots to the accept terms screen for the NEW OS and then the system freezes. I did this three times and everything the same thing happened.

I put the old HDD back in with vista installed and all is well again.

The guy helping me works in our IT dept and he seems to know his stuff and it has him stumped.

The spec of my machine is Acer 5720, Intel Core 2 T7300 (2.0ghz, 800mhz FSB, 4mb L2 cashe), plus 2gb DDR2 RAM

thinking that it might be my motherboard that is somehow preventing the install due to compatibility problemsMy friend thinks that the HD might have a problem with it
Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, because the only alternative I have is to send it back and exchange it for a new one and try again, but I would like to think that I have exhausted all the other avenues before i did this, especially as there might be a quick fix or reason why I am getting this repeat fault.

Posted On: Friday 21st of September 2012 11:51:50 PM Total Views:  262
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Are SD/mmc readers compatible with windows 7 64 bit?   (325 Views)
Everything in my system is coming up compatible on the microsoft website. I installed 64 bit 2 days ago and got constant BSOD. I reformatted to 32 bit (couldn't take it). I did some research on my hardware, and only thing i have not found info about is my SD card reader. It's a pretty big drive with an attached usb. Just wondering if I disable this would 64 bit work
[UPDATE] Compter screeb wont even turn on after windows update. PLease healp!   (299 Views)
I have an HP pavilion entertainment PC (hp pavilion dv4). Well my lap top needed and update one day and i pressed okay but the problem is that once it shutdown it would not even turn on. I mean the laptop would turn on but not the screen I tried doing the power option meaning i held the power button for 30 secs then 60 secs after it didn't work. i removed the battery and all that. I cant even do safe mode start up because the screen is black. no even the logo windows shows up. I connected it to a monitor but nothing. The caps and the scroll button turn on and off after a few secs then again. I have a huge 15 page paper due and it's in here, please tel me someone can help. I'm freaking out!
[INFO] window7 and window xp   (247 Views)
If you lose if the computer equipment installed windows xp windows7 what consequences As this note. R88 11.6 inch Windows XP TFT Screen Mini Laptop Notebook Intel Atom N450 Red
I want my programs to open up in my window. MS stop sucking.   (259 Views)
Win7 has a about 50-75 problems, yet instead of MS spending time fixing it, they made an even worse OS (win8). MS trolling us ....Why is it so hard for win7 to open up applications in the active window Its the window im using, its the window that launched the app, yet MS feels the need to open up the app in a misc window with an app that I cant easily move over (aka: either a TV that is off, or a projector that is off)... WTF Open my god damn stuff in the god damn window that I launched it from. how hard is that WTF I cant even begin to imaging what MS was thinking. Stupid ms programmer idiot 1: , lets have apps open up in whatever window that they were last open in. Stupid ms programmer idiot 2: Ok, um sure that wont ever cause issues. Stupid ms programmer idiot 1: I cant imagine how it can Its funny, I used to always defend MS at all cost. At one point I even indirectly worked for MS. Now I have so much anger towards them.
Local Administrator cannot install any program in windows 7   (331 Views)
Local Administrator cannot install any program in windows 7. I use Ultimate version since 1 + year and never had the problem before. But last 1 month onwards this problem has started. Like Cannot install Java / Firefox 15 etc.. the error says that the location where the TEMP files are to be created "does not have access". Please help and
Print window triggered by e-mail link   (198 Views)
After getting used to working with Windows Live Mail, a problem started as I would click on a link inside the e-mail, that normally would automatically open a browser window leading to more info on the e-mail topic. 2 weeks ago, when I'd click on a link in the e-mail, a Word document would open instead of a browser window. So I uninstalled Microsoft Office 2010 version and thought that would solve the problem. Then a few days later, when I'd click a link again in an e-mail, the window opened to print, on all links of every e-mail that should have opened browsers. I noticed that I still had Windows Office 2007, so I uninstalled it also, but am left with the print window opening whenever I click a link in an e=mail. Any suggestions Thank you
Should I re-install Windows 7   (191 Views)
I have an AMD 955 computer and its 11/2 years old and havebeen giving be nothing but problems. Internet Explorer does not respond alongwith a lot of other programs about half the time and I have to close it andre-open it. I get error messages all the time. I cant get sound on just oneprogram, my camera isnt recognize and a lot of other crap. I have an oldercomputer which is an Intel E6550 and everything works on it just fine but I dontuse it as much because its my 2nd computer. I even sent back 2Webcams because they wouldnt work. Logitech gave my computer the blue screenof death 3 times and the top of the line Microsoft webcam had so much sound distortion. So Ive have it with this computer. Is therea program that might help Re-Install Windows 7 Or just gut it out and go toFrys and get a new FX-4100 with motherboard for $155 and just go from scratch
REINSTALL PROBLEM W7, HELP!!! reinstall mess, I have lost all my work.   (305 Views)
I had a problem with the wi-fi driver on my HP Eletebook8440p running on Windows 7 Home Premium. I think I might of incorrectly reinstalled and lost my work. I backed-up as much as I could on dongles, but a month of work was not backed up. I have gone to the windows.old and the files have been recovered, but none of the work documents are there. What can I do please help
image for restoring windows 7   (281 Views)
everybody! I'm searching for a way of restoring windows 7 with all the software I need already installed, instead of re-install windows from the beginning and the install again all my programs. It should be easy, but it's not! Once I format, re-install windows 7 and install all my software, one of these things happens: if I set a restore point everything seems ok, but when restore time comes, my restore poit is disappeared, or, if I can see it, after everything is done and rebooted, system tells me something like "impossible to complete the restore process" and so nothing is done, so I have to re-install everithing manually. Instead, if I use the windows tool for creating a restore CD/DVD, when I boot from such CD/DVD, i can't see anything that refers to the time i created the disk. In the endm, every time I have to format my PC (I use to do this about once every 6 months), I install all my software by hand and then I say: "Now I want to make sure that next time I have to restore, i will not have to install everything"... but actually I never cn do this, and i ALWAYS have to intall everything by hand! Anyone can help me, please
HOW long does reactvation to windows 7 last   (293 Views)
HOW long does reactvation to windows 7 last. ACTUALLY I used win 7 for years before activation even with all the nuisances.
Internal Hard Disk disappears randomly since install Windows 7 Pro 64 bit   (234 Views)
, 2 weeks ago i replaced XP with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on my PC and since then my D: drive randomly disappears. I have been using the PC which has 3 internal disk drives with XP for the past 3 years never having problems with the disk drives. Since i installed Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, the D Drive is dropped from time to time. When i look under device manager the disk is completely gone, and also if i go to command, diskpart, list disks .... it does not show up. When i restart the PC, it reappears again. It is always the 2nd disk Drive D: that disappears. Have any of you heard of this happening before or know of any possible fix
windows 7 networking   (250 Views)
hello all.. hope someone can help me with this problem,i have a network of about 5 windows 7 professional machines,and one has this problem that it sees all other machines but it, cannot be seen itself...you cannot even ping its address from the other machines...its unreachable and yet it can connect to the internet...i have tried giving it different IP addresses but the same problem persist....someone please come to my rescue..
Location is not availabe, is not accessable, Access denies on windows 7 and Vista   (300 Views)
I have a strange problem that is just occurred about a week before, my problem is I have a domain name and every computer (almost 50) and users are listed in active directory. About a week before when i tried to attach usb on one of the laptop (having windows 7 ultimate attached with domain), it is showing the icon but when i hit to enter it comes with following message with Location is not available, Title: Location is not available, Message F: is not accessible, Access is denied. When i login with system admin or with domain admin or with local machine users, it allows me the access but it only denies with all other domain users. I tried following options. I tried to add user as ownership of usd drive but it does not allow me to do that. I tried to give administrator previllages to some of users and tried but same problem access is denied. On Active Directory everything is ok, no access problems. I have Kespersky antivirus and nothing is blocked there. I have checked my USB(s) for viruses and other threats, and even i formatted usb but same access denied message. I also used one of the utility lockhunter and it also comes with error that no path for the process and can not unlock. I also repaired windows and it comes with no error. Please suggest solution for this problem, as problem seems little but it getting most of my time and I am still unable to sort it out. This problem is only occurring on one laptop having win 7 ultimate and one of the systems having vista, rest on other system having any windows(XP, win 7 and vista) things are running fine. I am facing this problem for all removable devices
windows 7 ultimaye still rocks   (302 Views)
Thank you Bill Gates for being a great human being as my Windows 7 build 7100 ultimate is still fully functional and is the work horse of my computing life. Yes that is correct..Build 7100 that I made to function without the two hour shutdown and Aero is still fully active. not giving away my work around but let me say this though, windows 7 is way superior to the windows 8 development preview I have running on my desktop with the metro apps and hoping Microsoft does a complete better job with the W 8 beta release as W 8 is really designed for touchscreen technology. never the less, my W 7 is great and it works with everything available and the resource demand from anything I download, weather it be third party software is still 3% demand across all platforms, and that's a far cry from W 8 which averages 30% draw continually, and Monzilla Firefox is a complete disaster with it's ever changing builds as it continues to get worst in connection and performance. I do miss the fact that my version of 7 will not let me upgrade to Explorer 9 or 10, but I could alter the build number, but that's another story. I received an email from the forum, stating I was missed, and I don't know why, but I say today to ,
Is their away i can save my favorite from windows 32 and put it in windows 64bit?   (403 Views)
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and I having a friend build me a New Rig and I am getting Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and I was wondering is their a way the i can save my favorites In the 32bit to move to 64bit. Without having to write them all down Roger
windows update conspiracy   (303 Views)
I have had windows 7 installed from an OEM disk for about 6+ months. I have always had auto updates disabled. last night I shutdown the computer just to find 98 updates being installed. I was just a little disappointed, for a couple of reasons. one reason is it seems to take longer to boot after updates have been installed. Two I liked manually updating hardware. Three ISP's threshold limited bandwidth. I am the only user of this pc so no one re enabled it. The only thing I can figure is that the night before last, I installed windows live mail 2011 for the first time. So the Microsoft software decided for me that I needed to have auto updates turned on. Without even a warning it was going to be done. Now I may be totally wrong about this because I have not found a log when the change took place. But due to the spike in bandwidth, which just about broke my threshold, happen yesterday. Windows live mail was installed just before seems reasonable to me. As much as I like windows 7 this kind of behavior always bugs me. Makes me wonder if they can log on to my system and do what ever they want. I know its a conspiracy! ttb
window7 on vista   (183 Views)
Everyone, I have an ____________________________________________ HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-74 2.20 GHz RAM 4,00 GB OS 64 bits Windows Vista Home Premium 2007 Service pack 2 Disk (C 451 GB RECOVERY (D 14 GB _____________________________________________ I'd like to try Window7, but I'm not an expert so hope someone can help me Have some question: 1) can i have window7 for free 2) can I use the RECOVERY partition or create a new one to save basic programs I have and then install window7 3) is there any link that explain how to make this two operations or can you give me an help doing this
Should you install Linux alongside Windows?   (186 Views)
I have been experimenting with my Netbook for a week. I have been trying out 5 different brands of Linux installed alongside my Windows 7. Ubuntu Netbook,Kubuntu Netbook,Xubuntu,Linux Mint and jolicoud. As I could not install Ubuntu,Kubuntu and Xubuntu with Wubi installer,I installed them on Virtual Clone Drive which I found out how to do from the How-To Geek website. I also installed Linux Mint this way-Virtual Clone Drive as well. But Jolicloud Express was installed on my hard disk C drive without clone drive with the Windows installer. Here is how I did. Ubuntu-well first of all I could not connect to the Internet wireless broadband because it never detected it -same problem with Kubunt,Xubuntu and Linux Mint. Except that in Linux Mint I did in the end, but I had to plug my cable in before it found my Wifi but all the others did not find it. Ubuntu,kubuntu, Xubuntu- I could only use wired connection because they never detected my wirless network and would not let me download the drivers.So these 3 brands of Linux were not usable. Linux Mint-I found having to enter my password and user name most irritating every time I booted my computer and I had to enter my password every time I did some thing like install new packages or change the settings. There was no way to disable this like there is on Windows. Jolicloud-was the only one who found my Wifi connections right away and connected me without any problems, and I did manage to disable having to enter my password. Every time I booted my computer by ticking enable automatic log in. But I still had to enter my password every time I installed packages or changed settings. And when I tried to change this in command prompt.I found I could not install software unless I logged into the root and user account settings-even more irritating and annoying. Also in Linux you are supposed to be able to download and install software from the Internet. But I found I could not install anything. Mozilla Flock web browser would only install as a file which I had to download EVERY time I wanted to use it. I could not get it to install the way it should as a web browser like it does in Windows. Even though I installed the Linux version. In fact in Linux you can only install the web browsers and software that are in the packages, nothing else. Also in Jolicloud a lot of the web browsers I did install from the packages did not work. Aorora browser would not let me sign into my Google account and no matter what I did I could not fix this problem. But the Windows version of Aorora browser is working normally and I can sign into Google and my other accounts. In jolicloud Midori browser crashed, other web browsers were out of date-Firefox 3.6.3 for instance should have been updated to 3.6.12 the current version. Other web browsers did not work and Dillo and Epiphany did not because they are now discontinued. But on all of the Linux brands I tried, all of the web browsers were out of date and as I could not install anything from the Internet I could not update them. Also Jolicoud took up a lot of space on my hard drive. So windows users who are thinking of replacing you operating system with Linux,my advice is don't. Because I installed all of the Linux brands alongside Windows in removable installation,I was able to uninstall them all in Windows uninstall programs. But had I had been stupid enough to go for full installation and replaced Linux with Windows,then I would have been stuck. With an operating system that does not work and is not in the least bit user friendly.And installation alongside Windows is not without it's risks. As I have read that if things go wrong, Windows can be wiped from the boot system,leaving only Ubuntu or Linux on the computer. And if you only have a Netbook like I did,how do you get Windows back Netbooks do not have a CD drive. True,you can plug a CD drive into the USB socket via extension lead and the other end to the CD drive and run it that way. But you still need to get the Windows CD if you have not backed up your Windows and files to a CD.So it is risky to install another operating system alongside windows. Windows IS very user friendly. YOU control how you use it and how it is run. You do not have to have any log on password or any security at all unless you want it. YOU choose what software you want and it is quick and easy to install. And with over a thousand web browsers and software compatible with Windows there is plenty of choice. Some people install Jolicloud because of the different web apps. and video chat messengers,but you can get all of these on Windows. And Windows search with it's tutorials and help guide about how to use and fix your computer,is an asset to Windows users. And Windows will troubleshoot any software that is not working and fix it by automatically.And you can download additional fix it tools from the Microsoft website and they have a security tool now that you can scan your computer with. Well,you do not get anything like that with Linux. Windows is used by all offices and public computers,such as Internet cafes, libraries and homes. While Linux is not so well known and used. But if it were the other way round and all computers were made in Linux,nobody would use a computer. Linux is definitely not user friendly,difficult to use and you do not control your computer,it does. As you cannot do the things that you want such as remove password,install software from the Internet and other things that you can do in Windows. Windows is user friendly especially Windows 7 but so are the other versions of Windows,Windows XP,Windows Vista,but Windows 7,the most. Windows 7 does have clear settings listed in the control panel index, making it easy for any beginner to use. But there is NO WAY Linux can ever rival or replace Windows,unless it changes and becomes more user friendly and allows users more control in settings. Maybe linux should take a tip from windows. As Windows has deficiently got it right but Linux has got it wrong. And I have customised my Windows 7 to make it the way I want it and I have even successfully removed Internet Explorer browser. But my advice is to stay with Windows. You are much better off. Andrea Borman., You really should have you Windows install imaged as a hedge against disaster. There are paid tool to do this and several free tools. I use Clonezilla live run from a USB key. It's free and I've posted a guide to its use in another forum. A guide to using Clonezilla - Scot's Newsletter Forums The Clonezilla .iso can be installed on a thumb drive using Unetbootin, mentioned in my earlier post. You would ignore the distribution field and click the radio button for diskimage and browse to the Clonezilla .iso downloaded previously. Once the image is created and saved to an external drive all you have to do is restore the image using Clonezilla. this is detailed in my guide.
[DRIVERS] USB driver for samsung tacco lite wont work and wont let me upload pictures on a window's 7 system?   (432 Views)
, I'v been trying to download the Pc studio for the samsung tacco lite, on the disk it says its only compatible with vista, windows 2000 and windows xp, however it did downloaad the actuall PC studio. the problem i'v come to face is the USB device driver wont work and let the PC studio find the phone when searched. I'v tried manually searching and i'v tried configuring it but it still wont work. It says there is no phone connected in the slots (which you need the USB driver download for) however, i'v even uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't work. any ideas is there a disk i need for the PC studio to let me use the Studio on window's 7 or do i need to download anything.
creating windows shortcuts en-masse (scripted)   (379 Views)
Setup: Windows 7 Home premium (64bit) I have need of creating many windows 7 shortcuts to a pile of video files. This is the first of what will likely be many occasions . I don't know any of the windows based scripting languages but do program in perl somewhat. So my first hope is someone may have a perl script that can create windows shortcuts. Barring that, if someone can explain the mechanism to me, I can write the perl. But all I know of windows shortcuts is how to create them on context menu, not the mechanism that really tells windows to create one. If it means I have to learn enough windows programming to do it, then maybe someone can get me started