SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Thanks Stardock -- How to change W7 7057 Hideous Logon Screen (X-64/86)

Thankgoodness for like Stardock.

If you really HATE the pale blue "Girlie" logon screen with that rediculuous "Peace Dove" (ZAP it someone) please
then GOOD news.

Stardocks LOGONSTUDIO works on both X-86 and x-64 versions of W7.

Whilst the supplied screens aren't very adventurous you can download others or "Roll your Own".

Maybe we should have a competition here -- It's a bit difficult to post the image as one hasn't logged in yet --so you can't capture the screen.

I might have a go by using a VM and then capturing the Virtual Machine image from the Host OS.

anyway here's the link

Stardock LogonStudio Vista Freeware download and review - customize the Vista logon screen from SnapFiles

(thankyou from Stardock -- I was getting SICK looking at the hideous screens on some machines).

Cheers
jimbo

Posted On: Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 04:16:37 AM Total Views:  263
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

How to change Pic view from name to thumbnails   (286 Views)
Using Word 7 and choosing pics to include in document. How do I change the VIEW of my pictures It currently shows the name of the jpeg only. How do I change it all over to thumbnail of the pictures
change action when right clicking on file   (285 Views)
When I right click on an image file and select "Edit" it opens the file in Paint and I was wondering how I go about changing that to open "Photoshop" instead.
[ACCOUNTS] change user account location?   (281 Views)
when i got this computer back after a reinstall, the only account was "owner". i changed it to "james", but it's still defaulting everything to c:\users\owner instead of c:\users\james. how do i change this *** FIGURED IT OUT. ***
Do keyboard shortcuts change with Language Packs?   (272 Views)
Hi all. My question is regarding keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-c=copy, ctrl-x=cut, etc.) and Language Packs. I am currently living in Latin America and can only buy the spanish version of Windows 7. I know that if I get "Ultimate", I can download an english Language Pack for free, so it'd be as if I had purchase my copy in the US. However, I'm very used to english keyboard shortcuts, and need to know if installing a Language Pack will also change them. For instance, the shortcut for "bold" in english systems is usually ctrl-b, while on spanish systems is ctrl-n (as the spanish world for bold starts with an n). The english shortcut for "select all" is ctrl-a, while on spanish is ctrl-e (God knows why...). So, if I get the spanish version of Windows 7 Ultimate and install the English Language Pack, will my shortcuts' combinations change to the ones in the english versions of Windows, or remain in spanish's I'd really appreciate any and all help with this question.
Is there a key combo that changes screen orientation?   (252 Views)
Hi This morning our cat walked across the keyboard of my wifes computer. It changed the screen orientation to portrait. My wife didn't know how to change it back so she had to wait until I got home to fix it. Nothing sharpens your concentration like having your mouse work at right angles. But I've looked and I can't find anyway that the cat could have changed it. This is a Dell Studio lap top running Windows 7 HP. Anyone know how this could happen I can't even count the number of times that the cat has turned off her WiFi! LOL But that at least I can understand. Mike
Test Windows 7 and FAT32 -- no-go you need NTFS   (116 Views)
Hi just tested trying to install W7 on a FAT disk -- no-go it appears it will only install on NTFS although it can read / write FAT32 disks (and FAT 16 if you still have them --maybe some SD cards etc). There's no reason anymore to use FAT32 anyway - even LINUX can read / write NTFS as I've posted elsewhere on this forum so if you are attempting to load windows 7 on an external USB drive convert it to NTFS first. Cheers jimbo
Off topic, but-----   (102 Views)
I figure I can get a good answer here. I received a bonus at work, and want to build a new puter based on the i7 chipset. I just wonder why the 950 is cheaper than the 940 specs are the same except the chip speed. I mean a big difference in price. Oh I will be using Win 7 for sure.
Windows 7 fezzes when I change power plans!!   (289 Views)
When ever I change power plans from High Performance to Power Saver my computer freeze a little after it changes .. Did a clean install 2 times still the same thing .. Any ideas what is happening I have a Acer Extensa 4420 Amd athlon Dual Core Processor, 2 gigs of ram
@ key and " key swapped and cannot change back   (221 Views)
I just installed a Dell OEM copy of Win 7 on two computers. One is my Asus P6T Dlx Ver 2 i7 920 rig and the other is a Dell Insperon 1501. Both machines have the " key and the @ swapped. It is driving me mad. I am a student and need these keys to be correctly placed. By the way I am in Washington State, USA and using a standard keyboard. I have tried to set the regions for the keyboard with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could someone please explain how to change these keys under Windows 7 Thank you in advance.
details please of running xp on w7   (91 Views)
hello, Would some one please tell me if when running virtual Xp on W7 if: XP is using its own drivers or W7 drivers XP is limited to using 3 GB or less memory of the available memory XP can run on a 64bit version of W7. XP is partitioned separately from W7 XP has a speed loss running in virtual.
Some Metrics -- Flash Drive Installation of Win 7   (69 Views)
I've seen some discussion about flash drive installation of Win 7 but no actual metrics and cautions/advice. Here goes... I installed 7260 X86 on an Inspiron 6000 Laptop (no speed demon) in 17 minutes flat. One word of caution, you have to temporarily remove the flash drive at each re-boot during installation or it will boot to the flash drive and start the process over each time. Here is a link to the best discussion I have found on creating a bootable flash drive with Win 7 BTW, I used a 4 gig drive and the X86 fit fine. Creating Bootable Vista / Windows 7 USB Flash Drive at Kevins Blog
Upgrading RC to RTM -- Has M$ Authorized It?   (59 Views)
Just speculation, but with 7264 we now have a "new animal" that will not accept RC keys. COULD IT BE that the keys it will accept are those for RTM If so, upgrading from 7260 (and previous RC builds) could verify that RC can upgrade to RTM. My 7260 upgraded fine to 7264 although I had the choice of re-arming or "hacking" the boot key files to accept RC. If M$ is getting close to RTM, maybe 7264 just proves the ability to upgrade from RC. I don't intent to go that path but many may choose to do so. THOUGHTS
Definitive Answer -- Upgrading RC to RTM   (66 Views)
Check out http://windows7news.com/2009/04/27/u...7-rc-to-final/ for a fairly logical and believable answer to the question of upgrading from RC to RTM. The pertinent text is shown below: The only official indicator that upgrading from Windows 7 release candidate to Windows 7 final will be possible can be found in the Engineering Windows 7 blog post about upgrading from beta to release candidate. You might remember the post as it gives instructions on how to override the upgrade protection. One of the last sentences of that article is the following: These same steps will be required as we transition from the RC milestone to the RTM milestone.The steps that were outlined for upgrading the Windows 7 beta release to release candidate were the following: Download the ISO as you did previously and burn the ISO to a DVD.Copy the whole image to a storage location you wish to run the upgrade from (a bootable flash drive or a directory on any partition on the machine running the pre-release build).Browse to the sources directory.Open the file cversion.ini in a text editor like Notepad.Modify the MinClient build number to a value lower than the down-level build. For example, change 7100 to 7000 (pictured below).Save the file in place with the same name.Run setup like you would normally from this modified copy of the image and the version check will be bypassed. It is furthermore very likely that the rtm build of Windows 7 will be distributed with the build number 7200. An upgrade from release candidate to rtm build would therefor require the modification of the MinClient build number from 7200 to 7100 or lower. This would in theory mean that it could also be possible to upgrade Windows 7 Beta to Windows 7 RM using the same procedure.
All Of A Sudden---No Sound   (61 Views)
I'm not the only one who experinced this, but haven't found anything to help me solve the problem. Sound was OK one day, then the next----gone!! Nothing added or uninstalled. I uninstalled sound in device manager and rebooted. I also restored my computer to an earlier date. Still---nothing. I got Microsoft updates and checked all the settings. The computer shows all signs of sound ( levels and meter looking as though sound is playing), but nothing. Maybe there is no rhyme or reason for this, but it is strange. Windows 7 build 7100. Anybody else figure this out
Are theyre any wireless cards that work with w7?   (125 Views)
all, I know its a beta, and I now its for testing, but I have a usb wireless card by sprint, they told me they don't have drivers for windows 7 yet (crap) so after reading a lot of forumns with people who have the same problems and not seeing any of them getting helpful answers, are theyre any wireless cards that do work with windows 7 any at all
To lawyers -- serious question - NOT related to TPB   (67 Views)
Hi all I've a serious question here to any Laywers who might be reading these posts. We know this is an RC so it's not officially in production yet. What is the view / legal position you think Microsoft would take on Testing the RC in a "Productive" environment, or even in the "development" section of the company. We are definitely going to plan a company wide XP ==>W7 upgrade (although of course not all in one go). To do this in a timely manner decent testing needs to be done. We also want to do some robust testing on the "XP compatability mode" too. What is the feeling about doing limited tests in a company workplace - for example say 3 or 4 machines (or even 1 or 2). Upgrading an OS in a company environment is much more complex than doing it in a "Real" environment. Since the load on our systems is much less during the summer months this is the ideal time for testing. We don't want to be doing this at "Year end" anyway. With the RC this seems just about the perfect time for limited testing. Cheers jimbo
Expiry Date - SIW or MS WINVER -- Who's correct.   (68 Views)
Hi all I have a little point of confusion with SIW and Winver for X-64 build 7077. SIW reports expiry date as 6 June 2010 Winver reports expiration date as Mar 2nd 2010. Who'se telling the truth and who'se the "Big fibber". slmgr report as "Permanently activated" so that's no good as a 3rd check. enc shots of SIW and winver. I'm 100% confused now. Whilst we will all probable be using RC before the expiry date anyway the actual date is now a moot point but : I was just curious as to where this information comes from -- I'm not interested in hacking the thing at all but it to me seems strange that an OS "control block" - or piece of data should yield 2 different results. I'm surprised the "Mac Fanboys" haven't jumped on this yet -- run the same problem on Windows with the same data and get a different result each time". Lucky the ATM doesn't variably display my balance according to the vagaries of the weather etc. Cheers jimbo
Old and New -- MVS 370 Mainframe on Windows 7   (76 Views)
Hi all I just love this one. It's just about as far removed from "Cloud Computing" as you can get. A real mix here of Old and New. Using the Hercules emulator you can run your very own IBM MVS 370 Mainframe system on W7 with no probs at all -- the power of even a humble laptop is vastly bigger than contained in those old IBM mainframes. Here's an image with an Operator's console (yes you had a separate operator in those days to control the system) and a TSO terminal (where users could logon to run stuff). Actually the MVS OS was (and still is) a classic in well designed OS'es -- this one is in the public domain with most of the source code still available so it's a GREAT learning tool for anybody who wants to learn how the Internals of an OS are built. This OS is still used as a design model for modern OS'es and the only way it was EVER hacked in it's entire history was by Physical access into the "Machine" room where a trusted person could actually input some "Hex Code" at protected addresses. Cheers jimbo
Time to change to W7, which version?   (279 Views)
Hi I have had windows 7 on my spare marchine for a bit, and its very nice. I currently have the public beta. I would now like to upgrade my main rig. I currently have Vista 64bit and want to update to W7 64bit, but which daily build its fastest and most stable in 64bit I most play games (Steam, TF2, HL2DM) that kind of thing). So which version for me Do you reccomened waiting for RC in may, or is nothing going to change Does HL2DM work Its getting old and does have problems with vista If a torrent link would land in my mail box that would be great! Or even on here.
is there a way to change the links in the start menu?   (263 Views)
The links on the right side of the start menu that point to music, pictures, etc... Is there any way to change them My music is on a second drive, and I want that section to include my download folder. I can figure out how to remove things from being displayed there, but not to add new things.