SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

@ key and " key swapped and cannot change back

I just installed a Dell OEM copy of Win 7 on two computers. One is my Asus P6T Dlx Ver 2 i7 920 rig and the other is a Dell Insperon 1501. Both machines have the " key and the @ swapped. It is driving me mad. I am a student and need these keys to be correctly placed. By the way I am in Washington State, USA and using a standard keyboard. I have tried to set the regions for the keyboard with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could someone please explain how to change these keys under Windows 7 Thank you in advance.

Posted On: Tuesday 25th of September 2012 06:02:30 AM Total Views:  304
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Local Administrator cannot install any program in windows 7   (234 Views)
Local Administrator cannot install any program in windows 7. I use Ultimate version since 1 + year and never had the problem before. But last 1 month onwards this problem has started. Like Cannot install Java / Firefox 15 etc.. the error says that the location where the TEMP files are to be created "does not have access". Please help and
Have original product key but no cd   (131 Views)
I bought notebook few months ago(win7 home premium) and i have my original product key but i dont have CD, is it possible to download WIN7 Home premium somewhere and to use this key
Do keyboard shortcuts change with Language Packs?   (397 Views)
Hi all. My question is regarding keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-c=copy, ctrl-x=cut, etc.) and Language Packs. I am currently living in Latin America and can only buy the spanish version of Windows 7. I know that if I get "Ultimate", I can download an english Language Pack for free, so it'd be as if I had purchase my copy in the US. However, I'm very used to english keyboard shortcuts, and need to know if installing a Language Pack will also change them. For instance, the shortcut for "bold" in english systems is usually ctrl-b, while on spanish systems is ctrl-n (as the spanish world for bold starts with an n). The english shortcut for "select all" is ctrl-a, while on spanish is ctrl-e (God knows why...). So, if I get the spanish version of Windows 7 Ultimate and install the English Language Pack, will my shortcuts' combinations change to the ones in the english versions of Windows, or remain in spanish's I'd really appreciate any and all help with this question.
Retail software activation key site. Genuine or not?   (140 Views)
Hi Folks, I already have a genuine version of windows 7 installed on my main PC but would now like to instal it onto the other PC's I have at home. On searching the net to buy new licence keys I came across a site which claims to offer genuine unique keys for vastly reduced prices. Has anyone had any experience with this or a comparible site The site in question is www.win7acrivation.com
Is there a key combo that changes screen orientation?   (362 Views)
Hi This morning our cat walked across the keyboard of my wifes computer. It changed the screen orientation to portrait. My wife didn't know how to change it back so she had to wait until I got home to fix it. Nothing sharpens your concentration like having your mouse work at right angles. But I've looked and I can't find anyway that the cat could have changed it. This is a Dell Studio lap top running Windows 7 HP. Anyone know how this could happen I can't even count the number of times that the cat has turned off her WiFi! LOL But that at least I can understand. Mike
Auctioned productkeys   (95 Views)
. I have the RC-version and its about to expire. I have found quite many selling productkeys on places such as Ebay, where they send you a key and you have to download windows 7 yourself. I'm pretty unsure how a productkey can be sold for 20$ when microsoft wants 220$ for the same key+cd's. Anyone have tried this, is it safe
Wrong symbols @ -> " keyboard layout problem   (98 Views)
Dear Friends and Members, I have a small problem with windows 7. I have installed win 7 yesterday night. at the time of installation i have choosen the keyboard input as english UK Extended. Now when i type @ it is showing " and when i type " it is showing @ What is the solution My personal password consists of @ charecter. please help me out.
Navigating explorer files with keyboard - lag solution?   (206 Views)
In XP I could navigate around an explorer window full of files with the arrow keys or by typing the beginning of the file name and it was more or less instantaneous. In Win7 there's a several second lag that seriously slows down my productivity. Similar when dragging folders. I suspect Win7 is scanning files as they are selected to enrich the UI somehow. There has to be a way to turn this "feature" off and speed things up. I tried turning off Aero, turning off some of the panes etc but no good. HELP! My system has 6gb ram, a core duo cpu, is Win 7 Pro 64 bit, 7600gt video card, and it's a fresh install.
Windows 7 DVD cannot repair boot loader   (109 Views)
I installed ubuntu 9 and then removed. however grub loader still appearred during booting up. and then fail to boot of course. I use windows 7 DVD to repair the startup problem. But it says no problem found. Finally I have to use XP CD to boot to recovery console and type "fixmbr" to solve the problem. So, is there anyway to use windows 7 DVD to do same way as XP CD did
Windows 7 product key   (67 Views)
, I downloaded windows 7 last week and the product key I received was invalid and I have only a few more weeks to activate my windows 7. I need a valid product key Can someone help me retreive a new one or a correct one heyyopmo
Spare Windows 7 keys...   (108 Views)
I have a couple of spare Windows 7 license keys which I have no need for. I have a few of each edition and if anyone is not willing to pay full amount for the purchase I can sell RETAIL keys to you. Let me emphasize this, these keys are RETAIL keys not for RC use. I own these keys and they are not from Technet or any other source. I am willing to negotiate the price depending on each edition. If you are interested please PM me. Payments method is Paypal. If you feel uneasy about this transaction I am willing to open up a trade via eBay.