SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

How to change a media.bin file to a regular .bin file?

This is a new one for me. I downloaded a zip file that I need to rollback a media player to it original firmware. I know how to do it using a usb drive. The problem is that the .bin file I need access to, when it is extracted from the zip file is a media file (VLC). On its properties page it is listed as:VLC media file (.bin) (.bin) and I need it to be a regular .bin file. I tried changing the default program to notepad but that did not work because when notepad tries to open it all I get is the loading wheel

Posted On: Wednesday 17th of October 2012 12:56:23 AM Total Views:  2129
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

How to change Pic view from name to thumbnails   (175 Views)
Using Word 7 and choosing pics to include in document. How do I change the VIEW of my pictures It currently shows the name of the jpeg only. How do I change it all over to thumbnail of the pictures
change action when right clicking on file   (172 Views)
When I right click on an image file and select "Edit" it opens the file in Paint and I was wondering how I go about changing that to open "Photoshop" instead.
[ACCOUNTS] change user account location?   (174 Views)
when i got this computer back after a reinstall, the only account was "owner". i changed it to "james", but it's still defaulting everything to c:\users\owner instead of c:\users\james. how do i change this *** FIGURED IT OUT. ***
Do keyboard shortcuts change with Language Packs?   (158 Views)
Hi all. My question is regarding keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-c=copy, ctrl-x=cut, etc.) and Language Packs. I am currently living in Latin America and can only buy the spanish version of Windows 7. I know that if I get "Ultimate", I can download an english Language Pack for free, so it'd be as if I had purchase my copy in the US. However, I'm very used to english keyboard shortcuts, and need to know if installing a Language Pack will also change them. For instance, the shortcut for "bold" in english systems is usually ctrl-b, while on spanish systems is ctrl-n (as the spanish world for bold starts with an n). The english shortcut for "select all" is ctrl-a, while on spanish is ctrl-e (God knows why...). So, if I get the spanish version of Windows 7 Ultimate and install the English Language Pack, will my shortcuts' combinations change to the ones in the english versions of Windows, or remain in spanish's I'd really appreciate any and all help with this question.
Is there a key combo that changes screen orientation?   (152 Views)
Hi This morning our cat walked across the keyboard of my wifes computer. It changed the screen orientation to portrait. My wife didn't know how to change it back so she had to wait until I got home to fix it. Nothing sharpens your concentration like having your mouse work at right angles. But I've looked and I can't find anyway that the cat could have changed it. This is a Dell Studio lap top running Windows 7 HP. Anyone know how this could happen I can't even count the number of times that the cat has turned off her WiFi! LOL But that at least I can understand. Mike
Windows 7 fezzes when I change power plans!!   (181 Views)
When ever I change power plans from High Performance to Power Saver my computer freeze a little after it changes .. Did a clean install 2 times still the same thing .. Any ideas what is happening I have a Acer Extensa 4420 Amd athlon Dual Core Processor, 2 gigs of ram
@ key and " key swapped and cannot change back   (142 Views)
I just installed a Dell OEM copy of Win 7 on two computers. One is my Asus P6T Dlx Ver 2 i7 920 rig and the other is a Dell Insperon 1501. Both machines have the " key and the @ swapped. It is driving me mad. I am a student and need these keys to be correctly placed. By the way I am in Washington State, USA and using a standard keyboard. I have tried to set the regions for the keyboard with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could someone please explain how to change these keys under Windows 7 Thank you in advance.
Vanishing files after Vista to Windows 7 upgrade   (178 Views)
If this problem has been identified in another thread, then please accept my apologies and redirect me. I did a search and was unable to find anything, and consequently am posting this. My system has separate physical drives. One is for all system and program files. The other is for all documents and media files. When upgrading from Vista Ultimate 32 to Windows 7 32 all appeared to go well. However, now, the "document drive" has a problem. According to the Properties tab, all of my files remain intact. That is to say, the same amount of disk space remains as did prior to the upgrade. The folders are all there, but they are empty. It is as though Windows 7 deleted the files during the upgrade. I have removed the document drive and tried it on another machine with the same results, whether I examine it with Windows XP, or Vista, or Windows 7. The files appear to be missing, although the space that they would be occupying remains unavailable. I have tried a few file recovery utilities, both freeware and trialware, but none find the files. Fortunately, some of the files are backed up, but many are not. I have Windows 7 64 and 32 bit versions, Windows XP (and various Linux variants) running smoothly on other machines. I have not experienced this problem when doing a clean install, and really do not understand why the upgrade would affect a separate drive, unless it has to do with links from the system drive that are a part of the upgrade process... Windows 7 has performed flawlessly, with the exception of this one exasperating problem. If anyone else has experienced this or something similar and has discovered the cause and has a solution, I would appreciate it.
Time to change to W7, which version?   (175 Views)
Hi I have had windows 7 on my spare marchine for a bit, and its very nice. I currently have the public beta. I would now like to upgrade my main rig. I currently have Vista 64bit and want to update to W7 64bit, but which daily build its fastest and most stable in 64bit I most play games (Steam, TF2, HL2DM) that kind of thing). So which version for me Do you reccomened waiting for RC in may, or is nothing going to change Does HL2DM work Its getting old and does have problems with vista If a torrent link would land in my mail box that would be great! Or even on here.
is there a way to change the links in the start menu?   (170 Views)
The links on the right side of the start menu that point to music, pictures, etc... Is there any way to change them My music is on a second drive, and I want that section to include my download folder. I can figure out how to remove things from being displayed there, but not to add new things.
Thanks Stardock -- How to change W7 7057 Hideous Logon Screen (X-64/86)   (170 Views)
Thankgoodness for like Stardock. If you really HATE the pale blue "Girlie" logon screen with that rediculuous "Peace Dove" (ZAP it someone) please then GOOD news. Stardocks LOGONSTUDIO works on both X-86 and x-64 versions of W7. Whilst the supplied screens aren't very adventurous you can download others or "Roll your Own". Maybe we should have a competition here -- It's a bit difficult to post the image as one hasn't logged in yet --so you can't capture the screen. I might have a go by using a VM and then capturing the Virtual Machine image from the Host OS. anyway here's the link Stardock LogonStudio Vista Freeware download and review - customize the Vista logon screen from SnapFiles (thankyou from Stardock -- I was getting SICK looking at the hideous screens on some machines). Cheers jimbo
How to change contrast color and brightness?   (150 Views)
How to change color, contrast, brightness and other setting in Windows 7 In Windows XP it quite easy to change these settings. The control panel has left me befuddled. Please help.
Windows 7 ISO contains only a txt file?   (172 Views)
After I download the ISO from MS I only get a file which says: This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification. What am I supposed to do now
How on earth do you delete system files made by Vista?   (171 Views)
I had a dual boot of vista on another parition that i didnt need anymore so i eraced it but I cant seem to erace about 2 gigs worth of stuff in the windows folder including the folder and program files folder no matter what I try it wont give me permission to do it, ive tried some stuff it says on google to enter in the cmd prompt and still everything is acces denied. Does someone have a sure way to get rid of these pesky files please help me out its so annoying I want control of my system not it having control over me!!!
Why the registry can't be changed   (162 Views)
Could the registry be replaced Sure, in software, pretty much any change is possible. In practice though...If you were to replace the registry, you would end up with something that pretty much looks exactly like the registry. Go take a look at all the programs on your hard disk that use the registry APIs in [consults wikipedia] in advapi32.dll. (There is a way to dump the APIs that a binary uses with link.exe; wish I could remember the command right now.) Pretty much every executable file uses the registry, and expects keys to be in certain places in the registry. The APIs for getting/setting stuff in the registry are not going to go away for the next 10 years. http://shippingseven.blogspot.com/2008/01/registry.html to Read More Well, looks interesting to me. I would agree, this is part of why Windows cannot move quickly, because it has to be compatible with older versions of software, so they have to make it backward compatible.
How to change a media.bin file to a regular .bin file?   (335 Views)
This is a new one for me. I downloaded a zip file that I need to rollback a media player to it original firmware. I know how to do it using a usb drive. The problem is that the .bin file I need access to, when it is extracted from the zip file is a media file (VLC). On its properties page it is listed as:VLC media file (.bin) (.bin) and I need it to be a regular .bin file. I tried changing the default program to notepad but that did not work because when notepad tries to open it all I get is the loading wheel
[64-bit] How do i change Windows 7 32bit to 64bit without reinstalling   (332 Views)
Experts please help, how do i change windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit without reinstalling the system, jump in, the water's fine there's plenty of good drivers now (and yes, 64 is better)
Share files between two computer of same network   (275 Views)
I have two computer at home both are running on same network and with windows 7 OS and connected to same router can anybody help me the easiest way to share files and folders between this two computers your help in this is highly appreciated.