SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Blank screen on resume

I've seen lots of similar problems people are having with Windows 7 (and Vista) when they try to wake up their computer after sleep or hibernation, but none of them seem to match my problem. I have a Dell Latitude E6500 with a new, very recent, clean install of Windows 7 Professional. the updates are done and all the drivers are up to date. But when I try to use it after it's been on screensaver for a while, it goes to the log-in page, allows me to type in my password and then goes to a black (blank) screen. Like else reports, it's clearly still running and the fan is operating at full speed. Nothing I do after that works other than to hold the power button until it shuts down. It reboots and works fine after that. When this first started happening I entered NEVER on all choices for sleep or hibernation whenever it is plugged in. But the problem is still happening. Is there a fix out there for this

Posted On: Saturday 22nd of September 2012 12:56:36 AM Total Views:  204
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

[BSOD] sudden blue screen after several minutes of stratup   (263 Views)
processor - intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz 2.93GHz os - windows 7 ultimate 32 bit hard disk - 1 TB my previous hard disk was crashed so i replaced with new one, and since i tried to instal windows 7 on it, it showed blue screen regularly and windows won't instal. after few days the windows was installed though i did nothing different or changed anything. and i made 4 partitions of 250 gb each but initially it only showed 2 drives only, and when i tried to manage my disk there was blue screen of death again and again. then i opened my system in safe mode scanned my drives through troubleshooter and then all of my drives showed and healthy, after that i installed all drivers. now my system is able to start in normal mode and running fine ..but the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH comes at any time with no specific pattern. one day it wont come another day it comes. PLZ HELP ME i am attaching the MINIDUMP FILE Minidump.rar
Add\Remove Windows Features is blank   (128 Views)
Running Win 7 64 bit and I noticed that my Add\Remove Windows feature box is blank. I ran the windows readiness tool and tried system restore to no avail.
Window 7 Install Freezing problem at terms and conditions screen - HELP !!   (262 Views)
Hi , After a bit of help to find out if it's Windows 7, the computer or the HD that is the issue. I am upgrading my old 80gb Hitachi HDD in my lappy to a 320GB WD Black. I changed the HDD over in the caddy for a fresh install of Windows 7(64bit) (old HDD uses Vista). The Bios recognizes the NEW WD HDD and the install disk boots to the accept terms screen for the NEW OS and then the system freezes. I did this three times and everything the same thing happened. I put the old HDD back in with vista installed and all is well again. The guy helping me works in our IT dept and he seems to know his stuff and it has him stumped. The spec of my machine is Acer 5720, Intel Core 2 T7300 (2.0ghz, 800mhz FSB, 4mb L2 cashe), plus 2gb DDR2 RAM thinking that it might be my motherboard that is somehow preventing the install due to compatibility problemsMy friend thinks that the HD might have a problem with it Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, because the only alternative I have is to send it back and exchange it for a new one and try again, but I would like to think that I have exhausted all the other avenues before i did this, especially as there might be a quick fix or reason why I am getting this repeat fault.