SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

New domain name: What to do?

I have recentely bought a new domain name, which I want to use for my site. My webhost has changed this new domain name to the primary name of my website. I have two over parked domain names (the URL's I have used till now).

They all go to the same site. How can I optimize this for SEO puposes without. That is how can I get it to go to the new domain name e.g
If user types www.oldname.info he gets www.newname.net

I've heard about 103 redirects. How can I implement it in the htaccess file of the site

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 12:02:29 AM Total Views:  454
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

lookup domain registration information   (498 Views)
hi buddies, how can i look for domain registration and related information of a site is there any site that i can go for to lookup this information
oal.com for sale just the domain   (444 Views)
OAL is for sale by it's owner, (not me) [ i wish]. He's looking for $50k-$200k what do you lot think it's worth
exstension less domain name!   (463 Views)
Has any one every heard of a extension less domain name!
Can a trademark owner take a domain thats similar of you?   (427 Views)
Now say I own a domain which is a typo of microsoft, the typo looks like microsoft but say its microsofy does microsoft have the rights to take that domain of you even if you are not using the domain but just redirecting it
Trying to move domain, need advice please   (489 Views)
Hi all, I would really appreciate some advice with this one. OK heres my situation! I cuurrently have my main business domain hosted and web host setup nicely. I'll call that www.domain1.com In the past few weeks I have registered the .net version of that domain with a different host and built a new website (Because I needed PHP support) Now I wish to point the www.domain1.com at the new www.domain1.net web host so that my new site works. The problem I have is that the current domain registrar of the .com domain will not change the DNS settings without moving the domain away from them (which will take too long for me) they will however do a redirect to the IP address of the .net host but unfortunately the .net host only support changing the DNS and not IP redirect. So....... What I was planning on doing (if you think it's a good idea!) is to place a permanent redirect on the current web hosting for the .com to point to the .net address and then initiate an immediate transfer of the domain to the new .net host comany. So in the short term I get my nice new site showing when someone hits the .com address but in the long term I will be switching the .com over to my new host. If I do a 301 redirect will the .com address still be indexed by google or will it start ignoring the .com and start indexing the .net address I was hoping doing this would not screw with my Google rankings as well...i'm not worried about sub pages of the site staying well ranked, just the home page. So does this sound like a good move or does anyone have any better ideas of doing this Many
Renewing Domains w/ Different Registrars   (134 Views)
I am fairly new to this and have registered two domain addresses that are set to expire in a month. I want to renew them but not with the same registrar is used initially since better deals exist elsewhere. Do I simply go to a site like godaddy and register these domains Or will they come up taken since they havent expired yet Or is there a renew domain name option for new customers
I have a few domains for sale.   (420 Views)
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.phpt=267123
I spent $250 for this domain names   (444 Views)
What you & gals think - xboxSquad.com & .net - DadaBlog.com & .net - GnomeBlogger.com & .net - ModHack.com & .net - ModPixel.com & .net & .org - GamingSquad.com - AdrenalinSut.com - FordAdrenalinSut.com - FordSportTracSut.com - FordSut.com - NextHybrid.com & .net - SellIndex.com - SquadStation.com - SportTracSut.com , I got the domains fresh from godaddy for $15.45 for .com & .net and $8.20 for .com only. , If you were buying them new I wouldn't have bothered with the .net's , I thought about that...but I have some domain names that I wish I had the .net now , Yes I agree.
3char .ORG domains worth anything?   (439 Views)
are 3 character .ORG domains worth anything if so then about how much & I don't mean meaningful words, just any 3 char .ORG domain or a .BIZ or .INFO domain. , 3 character domains are worthless imo, if you had a 3 letter domain it would be alot better. , There's a handful (quite a few, actually) .org, .info, and .biz 3-char domains out there unregistered. I don't think you can sell them for very much just yet. I own 1b5.com AND 1b5.net, which is a pretty cool coincidence. I've had 1b5.net for a while (paid like, $3 for it), and picked up 1b5.com from someone who happened to be selling it a few weeks ago for $15 (I think).
domain appraisal   (407 Views)
How much do you think Newbury-St.com is worth It has a PR of 6 and is ranked #1 for Newbury Street, Newbury St, and Newbury St Boston.
Bad Experience leads to finding a new provider   (189 Views)
After having problems with my current Provider I am on the search for a New provider that can match or prove better then my current one. Below i have listed my needs and what i want in a new provider i will be switching providers by the 1st of the month. In order to sign me up as a new long term customer for my hosting site you must be able to provide me with the following: ( Some of the options listed below are taken directly for my current providers site its what they offer and I dont want to lose what I currently get so meet or exceed the below options ) Price per Month $20.00-50.00 Option to pay per Year Set-Up Fee $0 Disk Space (To Distribute to Client Accounts) 10 GB Bandwidth Monthly (To Distribute to Client Accounts) 100 GB - Unlimited/Unmetered Free Disk Space For main reseller account (Main Reseller domain) 1 GB Free Bandwidth (Main Reseller domain) 10 GB - Unlimited/Unmetered Unlimited CPanel and Added Domains owed Domains - Unlimited Custom DNS ns1.YourHost.com ns2.YourHost.com Reseller Hosting Control Panel Free - cPanel & WebHost Manager (WHM) ACCOUNT ESSENTIALS - CPanel 9.x Control Panel Included on Plans - Unlimited POP3 Email Accounts Included on Plans - Unlimited Subdomains (name.yourdomain.com) Included on Plans - Unlimited FTP Accounts Included on Plans - Unlimited Email Vacation Responders Included on Plans - Web File Manager Included on Plans - Web Image Manager Included on Plans - Backup Protection (Daily and Weekly Offsite) Included on Plans - Custom Error Pages (404/403/etc.) Included on Plans - Define MIME Types Included on Plans - Apache Handlers / (.htaccess) Included on Plans - Password Protected Folders Included on Plans - OpenPGP keys Included on Plans - IP Deny Manager Included on Plans - Leech Protection Included on Plans - MS FrontPage Extensions Included on Plans - Manage Redirects Included on Plans - Cron Jobs Included on Plans DATABASE SUPPORT -MySQL 4.0.x Included on Plans -PHPMyAdmin Included on Plans SITE INTEGRATION -Fantastico Auto-Installer Included on Plans -Scripta Auto Installer Included on Plans -Search Engine Submitter Included on Plans EMAIL FEATURES -POP3 Mail Included on Plans -SMTP Mail Included on Plans -IMAP Support Included on Plans -Secure Email Included on Plans -Email Aliases : Unlimited Included on Plans -Email Forwarders : Unlimited Included on Plans -Email Auto-Responders : Unlimited Included on Plans -Catch E-mail Address : Unlimited Included on Plans -NeoMail Web Mail Included on Plans -Horde Web Mail Included on Plans -Squirrel Mail Web Mail Included on Plans -Spam Assassin Included on Plans FTP FEATURES -24/7 FTP Access Included on Plans -FTP Manager Included on Plans -Custom FTP Messages Included on Plans -FTP Session Control Included on Plans -FTP Account Quota Control Included on Plans -FTP Client Side Software Included on Plans STATISTICS -Analog Web Statistics Included on Plans -Webalizer Web Statistics Included on Plans -Webalizer Web Statistics Included on Plans -Sub-Domain Statistics Included on Plans -Lastest Visitor Statistics Included on Plans -Disk Usage Statistics Included on Plans -Bandwidth Statistics Included on Plans -Detailed Access Logs Included on Plans -Detailed Error Logs Included on Plans E-COMMERCE -OS Commerce Shopping Cart Included on Plans -CubeCart Shopping Cart Included on Plans -XenCart Shopping Cart System Included on Plans -Agora Shopping Cart Included on Plans -https:// 128bit SSL Included on Plans - Optional/Not required Fantastico and SCRIPTA Auto Installers also installed in all domains' accounts! Additional Information: while searching for my new provider I have relized that a VPS account might suit me better better I will take the best deal weather it is a VPS account Or a Reseller account besides I like the idea of having Total Control ( i.e Root access ) My Wishlist For New Provider 1.Make the Transfer/Switch for me For Little To No fee 2. Reply to My Support Request with in 5-60 minutes no longer then 12 hours 3. if I have a problem address it dont say its my problem not yours if it is my problem help me solve it 4. A support forum is a big + 5. As stated above option to have managed/total control with root access if its a VPS account My Background I know a little of this and a little of that but none the less Im no pro my hosting site is not trying to compete with others I have it for personal use and / or for friends + maybe a few clients to offset the cost I have many sites and dont have time to deal with hosting problems so I want a provider that is pain/hassles free and that I dont have to babysit and wonder if my services will be up today If you can offer me This Please email me at greg-SPF@gefnet.com if you cant meet or exceed my expections then you wont be considered so please dont respond But if you think you can work something out to gain a new customer Im standing by and waiting to hear from you
domain name just expired, but cannot renew   (424 Views)
I have a domain that I registered last May and it's just expired by 2 days now. I want to renew it but the vendors site (bookandhost.com) haven't responded to my email for a couple days after I contacted their support when I had trouble renewing through their panels. I got application errors and cannot log in to renew by myself, and now their support are tardy. I like the domain and want to keep it, but am now concerned someone could take it from me because it's expired. Can this happen or is their a cooling off period meaning it's still mine It expired 2 days ago. And can I take any action to get it renewed somehow even though the registrar is not advising me
Manual registration of expired domain   (439 Views)
I have a slightly stupid question. I'd like to register one .BIZ domain. Today it already is in "HOLD" status. The problem is that it is already backordered by somebody in "Registrar Company" of this domain. So it is interesting to know if I have any chances for this domain And if backordering service is impossible what is about "manual" registration How does it all work
In the market for a new hosting provider   (272 Views)
I have become dissatisfied with iPowerWeb as I am now unable to load text files into my db's through PHPMyAdmin. I cannot get a straight answer from them as to why this has changed. I'd be happy to load it from the command prompt if they offered that, and the LOAD DATA INFILE method is locked down as well. They offer a buggy script that apparently does'nt support my tables design. So, I am in the market for a new hosting provider. I am looking for customer testimonials, not marketing pitches. Please no affiliate links or shameless plugs from hosting companies. Here is what I am looking for: 1. Linux/Apache 2. MySQL 3. PHP 4. Support for loading text files to MySQL either through LOAD DATA INFILE (either from the command prompt or a script) or PHPMyAdmin. 5. Web stats 6. Extreme reliability BTW, this is for my onlineshoppingexpress.com site. I have multiple other domains hosted by them that I would eventually move as they come up for renewal, so a multiple domain solution would be nice.
whatis the best bulk domain registration search program/site?   (436 Views)
what is the best bulk 'domain registration'search program/site any of them tell you "whois" information automatically if the site is already registered
domain name "free parking"?   (334 Views)
Does anybody know how to park a domain at godaddy.com for free, I might be retarted but I can't figure out how to do so.
Different Web and IMAP hosts for domain; can it be done?   (418 Views)
Is it possible to have the web space for your domain hosted by one provider and IMAP email by another If so, what is needed (MX records, etc.) and who offers such an IMAP service (either free or cheap)
Register (up to) 25 FREE .info domains!   (424 Views)
http://NameSecure.com currently has a special where they let you register up to 25 .INFO domain names... for free! I came across this offer when updating my site with interesting domain/webmaster goodies; (so) I am not affiliated with NameSecure or anything. Yours In Success, Rob
Urgent Help required regarding renewal of domain name   (447 Views)
I'm rather suprised to learn that one of my domain names has just expired. WHOIS still displays my contact details for the domain name even though my ownership expired a couple of days ago. Because of this, when you run the domain name through a regular website, it still says it is taken and it can not be bought. My question is, how can I renew my domain before it goes on sale to the general public