SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

How do you mask a url address with your domain name?

all. I'm really new to the whole domains thing and decided to purchase one from www.ukreg.com yesterday. I'm trying to use the domain name to mask over my current url, so for example when somebody typed in www.mysite.co.uk it would still appear as that in the url and not act as simply a redirect which is what it is currently doing. The user could then browse the site without ever even seeing my previous hosting url.

I did some searching and found that it is related to the nameservers But I'm really not certain at all what I'm supposed to be changing. Is it possible somebody could explain exactly what I should be doing to mask my url

Posted On: Thursday 25th of October 2012 11:58:46 PM Total Views:  375
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

How do you know?   (136 Views)
Hi! How do you know how many bandwitch will your site use
what sort of dosh would you think overtheinternet.com is worth?   (170 Views)
just the domain name up for sale. also have the hyphenated version ( if it even makes a difference, i remember once upon a time having the hyphens was supposed to help in the search engines) either way, not to distract the focus of the question.. how much do you think i could get for it Is 5 grand too unreasonable
I want to pay hosting with paypal.   (226 Views)
I'm looking for webhosting and domein registration which I can pay with paypal. I have an unverified paypal account. I'd like to be able to add multiple domains to the hosting, and if possible pay per month I'd also like to have mod_rewrite installed.. I don't know if all this is possible
Hosting with big bandwidth and lot of disk space   (129 Views)
Hi. I am looking for web hosting with big bandwidth and a lot of disk space. It would be super if it didn't cost more than 10-15$ monthly. I've found on www.top10webhosting.com hosting company: www.globat.com/ they give 10 GB disk space and 350GB bandwidth monthly for 8$/month plus 30$ for setup
Five letter domain name beginning with an "A"   (276 Views)
As five letter domain names get fewer and farther between, I have come up with one that is a "word" - what I mean is, it is not an actual english dictionary word, but it "reads" right and has vowels in the correct place, etc. In fact, it is the acronym for a 1980's action film, not that that means anything. Do you think a name like that - something like this "artek.com" - with only five letters, and beggining with an "A", has any value
Does 'WhoIS Protected' Hurt you in any way?   (191 Views)
I am thinking about having six of my domains 'WhoIs Protected'. Does doing so hurt me in any way. Do advertisers shun on this or search engines
Needing a good host with GD support - new to this, advice appreciated   (173 Views)
! I am looking for a host for a small site that I am fixing to start Requirements * A web server with PHP installed. * MySQL database server * GD Graphics Library.... ImageMagick 6 is optional. Looking for a good balance of reliable and cheap - with reliable being more important of course :P As Im not the worlds smartest about this type of stuff all advice would be greatly appreciated!
creating account with whm and selecting an ip address   (122 Views)
When would you want to select an ip address rather than just select the setting that says auto assign ip address , Hmm, well I'm actually asking about a shared hosting environment. In that case, it wouldn't be a dedicated ip, would it
which control panel do you prefer?   (166 Views)
i am looking at upgrading to a VPS account and i have a few choices for control panels. i have demo-ed most of them and at this moment i am leaning towards HSPcomplete but I am looking for some more feedback. i am deciding between these cp's: Plesk, cPanel, DirectAdmin and HSPcomplete anyone have any preferences and why
HELP! Anyone here big enough to have connections with Pool or their owner Rob Hall?   (172 Views)
If there is anyone here that could help me who has connections or a good business relationship with Pool, the owner Rob Hall or their head accountant, Joyce Corey, I would be extremely grateful. If so, you could email me at: Jones@fas.Harvard.edu or PM me here at the forum. I have been trying to reactivate my account with Pool for some time. I have followed their instructions and faxed in both sides of my credit card with all my account info but they said I needed to enlarge it, as they couldn't read it. I tried again and enlarged the credit card info and faxed it in and again they said they couldn't read it. Now Joyce Corey has made a decision that she will not let me reactivate my account. I just need her to give me one more chance to reactivate my account, as I will send the info through the mail. I would do anything including extra fees or whatever to get my account reactivated.
dedicated with ms sql   (108 Views)
, I am currently shopping for a dedicated server for my website lyricslook.com. It will need a lot of ms sql space so im guessing I would need one with a dedicated ms sql server. I was looking at theplanet.com and I will cost around $400 for a dedicated server($138 extra for the ms sql). Is there any host cheaper than this with the same stability as theplanet.com
Can a trademark owner take a domain thats similar of you?   (363 Views)
Now say I own a domain which is a typo of microsoft, the typo looks like microsoft but say its microsofy does microsoft have the rights to take that domain of you even if you are not using the domain but just redirecting it
IP addresses Question   (86 Views)
how do hosts who offer shared hosting allot IP addresses to the websites that they host
What do you think to these IDN's?   (129 Views)
Dana.com - dance.com in portuguese NmeroUno.com - 'Number One' LaScne.com - 'the scene' in french RealEspaa.com - real spain, spanish Fmea.com - female.com in portuguese thoughts
Host does not allow additional IP address   (133 Views)
I asked my host with who I have a reseller plan for about 10 websites if I could add an additional IP address. They needed a reason. I told them that mostly I wanted this for SEO purposes, so that when I link 2 of my main websites it is at least from a different IP address. It may not be a big deal to do this but for an extra $1.50 a month it seemed reasonable. They told me they don't allow additional IP addresses for that purpose. Is that normal What other reasons are there besides using it for SSL
I need your help.   (155 Views)
I am the webmaster for a friend of mine, he needs some hosting as the one we are with left us. Could anyone help us I just need the basics to host the website at www.tony-bell.co.uk so you'll need to give me DNS and FTP, must have mysql and php and no ads.
What made you choose your present host company?   (277 Views)
Hi , Just wondering, how did you come across your web host On what criteria was your selection based
How long until whois shows address change?   (154 Views)
I recently updated my home address and email on my godaddy account, just wondering how long until whois shows the changes. Still nothing after 2 days. , Up to 72 hours. Make sure you have cleaned old cashe as well.
How long until whois shows address change?   (164 Views)
I recently updated my home address and email on my godaddy account, just wondering how long until whois shows the changes. Still nothing after 2 days. , Up to 72 hours. Make sure you have cleaned old cashe as well.