SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Expanding my site for different languages

Im interested in translating one of my websites into different languages to reach a larger market. Lets say my website is example.com

If I do this, I would hire professional translators and not use machine translations.

If I was trying to reach a Spanish audience, which domain name would I get

ejemplo.com
ejemplo.es
ejemplo.es, ejemplo.cu, ejemplo.pa, ejemplo.ar

Is the .com viewed as American Spanish comes from Spain (.es), but people read/speak Spanish all over the world. Registering for all Spanish-speaking countries would be too costly and most likely not available to me as an American to register.

Im thinking about translating into French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.

Im downplaying the idea of using something like es.example.com because my domain name is too long and wouldnt make sense to non-English speakers, making it easy for them to forget, while a name in their language would be much easier for them.

While Im asking, how would I register domain names that use special characters (like Spanish with the accent marks) or symbols (like Chinese). Would I just drop those special markings, and use the Romanized versions of the Chinese characters

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 12:04:00 AM Total Views:  138
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

standard template for freehost sites   (174 Views)
Hi , I am thinking of rewarding some of our site members with some small freehosting facilities, but I would like each of the pages to be largely based around a template that we provide. Does anyone know of any scripts that will allow me to do this I am thinking a la soundclick, where there is an on-line editor, but essentially they must keep our basic design (so that we can link back to our site within each page, and for reasons of gen. consistency) any help is hugely appreciated
site5.com   (162 Views)
I am thinking of using site5.com for hosting of my site using multiple domains. The multidomain feature is great. To do same at godaddy would cost a bundle. Has anyone here used site5 They look like a small but smart, innovative company. I used to be die hard godaddy fan but lately they are begining to bore me with their ludicurous policies.
transfering a site from one host to another... easiest way? cpanel   (271 Views)
whats the easiest way to transfer a site, content and sql database from one host to another i have cpanel, the person who bought it from me i beleive does... is there a painless way to do this
whatis the best bulk domain registration search program/site?   (411 Views)
what is the best bulk 'domain registration'search program/site any of them tell you "whois" information automatically if the site is already registered
Website Source   (167 Views)
has anyone experience problems with this host, this week was my first time.. , Do the search for the "company name reviews" I believe that will drive a lot of information to review.