SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

VB6 code doesnt compile properly?

I'm editing a server and adding commands into it. (It's a chat game). But none of the commands work in game. It compiles fine. I didn't make the server myself and i followed the guide that worked for others... nothing compiles right. Help

Posted On: Sunday 11th of November 2012 10:38:00 PM Total Views:  385
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

i want to create project in vb6.0   (261 Views)
hi respected , i m ankit bhatt and i m study in B.C.A, i want to create project in Microsoft visual basic 6.o and my project name is pvc pipe sales management system,and front end tool is microsoft visual basic 6.0 and back end tool is Oracle 9.i but i have no idea then i create the project .... tell me some idea gives i have to create my project plz needed help us
Where should I start with network databases in vb6?   (253 Views)
I'm trying to code a simple application that reads a text file from a my server at work from any computer via network connection. I've searched the internet about networks for vb6 etc about I don't really know what I'm looking for. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for facing this task. Thank you.
combobox (dropdownlist ver) issue.......vb6   (258 Views)
Hi all and thanks for reading, my problem comes from finding the right approach to create a runtime scenario where a combobox(2- dropdownlist) choice denotes whether a series of further comboboxes are enabled or not. (NOTE: WHERE "1 OR 2" IS IN THE CODE I HAVE TRIED STATING THE ACTUAL STRINGS AS VALIDATAION TOO, BUT DID NOT WORK EITHER....) my code so far is..... If cboCat.Change = 1 or 2 then cboDept.Enabled = True ' changes from set to enabled = false cboFee.Enabled = True ' changes from set to enabled = false cboPaid.Enabled = True ' changes from set to enabled = false End If Please help people im a newb and dont know very much about vb6, just that its suppoesed to work and i cant get it too Thankf fr reading
how to copy and paste a file in win 7 using vb6   (209 Views)
hi, i want to copy a file from "d:\" to "c:\Program Files"... i have done a code but i have an error that says "Access Denied"... Private Sub Form_Load() Dim FSO As New FileSystemObject Dim dpath, SPath As String Dim FOName dpath = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\" SPath = "D:\Data.mdf" FSO.CopyFile SPath, dpath End Sub
I would like to know the advantages of calculator done vb6   (285 Views)
Can U just tell me the Advantages of calculator done in VB 6
vb6 log in form   (266 Views)
hi i need help asap, i'm supposed to make a log in form that will connect to an access database using the adodc Private Sub Command1_Click() Adodc1.RecordSource = "Select * from tblmain Whereuser = '" & Text1.text & "' AND pass = '" & Text2.text & "'" If Adodc1.Recodset.RecordCount = 1 Then MsgBox "A" End If EndSub i have two textboxes for username and password, 1 log in button and 1 adodc in the database i have 3 columns, and id, user and pass
find and copy whole line has string vb6   (272 Views)
hi, I have richtextbox. how I can search for string in every line and copy the lines contain that string. for example: I have some text in richtextbox Like this: " cheapest in the business, we also offer you tremendous value for your money. Given below is the list of social bookmarking sites that we submit to. This list is regularly updated. At present, there are 1349 sites on this list. http://www.someweb.com http://www.someweb.com http://www.someweb.com http://www.someweb.com http://www.someweb.com how I can copy whole lines that have "www"
vb6 log in form   (279 Views)
hi i need help asap, i'm supposed to make a log in form that will connect to an access database using the adodc Private Sub Command1_Click() Adodc1.RecordSource = "Select * from tblmain Whereuser = '" & Text1.text & "' AND pass = '" & Text2.text & "'" If Adodc1.Recodset.RecordCount = 1 Then MsgBox "A" End If EndSub i have two textboxes for username and password, 1 log in button and 1 adodc in the database i have 3 columns, and id, user and pass
export data to excel vb6 group by with total.   (370 Views)
i need compute for the total amount in excel in a group by clause but i dont know how to generate the total of items which are group by area: need help in this code: thanks On Error Resume Next Dim lc, NxtLine, k If Trim(LstCode.Text) "" Then Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Connect Set ExlObj = CreateObject("excel.application") ' Initialize the excel object ExlObj.Workbooks.Add ' Add an excel workbook ' Get the required data from the database rsGetData.Open "select distinct AREA,company_code,branch_code,daily_sales,month_to_date,ave_dailysales,previous_year,variance,percentage,mtd_projection,mtd_variance,mtd_percent,current_ytd,previous_ytd,ytd_variance,ytd_percent,ytd_projection,projection_variance,current_ytd_variance from " & _ "dailysales where region = '" + Trim(List1.Text) + "' order by area", con, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic ' rsGetData.Open "select area,SUM(CAST(daily_sales as float))from dailysales group by area", con, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic If Not rsGetData.EOF Then ExlObj.Visible = True ' Show the excel sheet With ExlObj.ActiveSheet ' Print the heading and columns first .Cells(1, 1).Value = "WORLD OF FUN" .Cells(1, 1).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(2, 1).Value = "DAILY SALES REPORT" .Cells(2, 1).Font.Bold = True: 'ADD DATE HERE .Cells(1, 3).Font.Name = "Verdana" '.Cells(1, 3).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 4).Value = "Day Sales" .Cells(3, 4).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 5).Value = "Month To Date Sales": .Cells(3, 5).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 6).Value = "Ave.Daily Sales to Date" .Cells(3, 6).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 7).Value = "Prev. Month Sales to Date" .Cells(3, 7).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 8).Value = "Variance" .Cells(3, 8).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 9).Value = "%" .Cells(3, 9).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 10).Value = "MTD Sales" .Cells(3, 10).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(4, 10).Value = "Projection" .Cells(4, 10).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 11).Value = "Variance" .Cells(3, 11).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 12).Value = "%" .Cells(3, 12).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 13).Value = "Current Year" .Cells(3, 13).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(4, 13).Value = "to Date Sales" .Cells(4, 13).Font.Bold = True: '.Cells(4, 13).Font.Bold = True: ' .Cells(3, 13).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 14).Value = "Previous Year" .Cells(3, 14).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(4, 14).Value = "to Date Sales" .Cells(4, 14).Font.Bold = True: ' .Cells(4, 15).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 15).Value = "Variance" .Cells(3, 15).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 16).Value = "%" .Cells(3, 16).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 17).Value = "YTD Sales" .Cells(3, 17).Font.Bold = True .Cells(4, 17).Value = "Projection" .Cells(4, 17).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 18).Value = "Variance" .Cells(3, 18).Font.Bold = True: .Cells(3, 19).Value = "%" .Cells(3, 19).Font.Bold = True: ExlObj.Columns("A:Y").ColumnWidth = 12 End With End If For k = 1 To rsGetData.Fields.Count ' Column headings are set to bold and white. ' ExlObj.ActiveSheet.Cells(4, k).Font.Bold = True Next Set k = Nothing NxtLine = 5 ' Now we will export data into the sheet Do Until rsGetData.EOF For lc = 0 To rsGetData.Fields.Count - 1 ExlObj.ActiveSheet.Cells(NxtLine, lc + 1).Value = rsGetData.Fields(lc) If rsGetData.Fields.Item(lc).Name "DATE" Then ExlObj.ActiveSheet.Cells(NxtLine, lc + 1).Value = rsGetData.Fields(lc) Else ExlObj.ActiveSheet.Cells(NxtLine, lc + 1).Value = Format(rsGetData.Fields(lc), "dd/mm/yy") End If Next rsGetData.MoveNext NxtLine = NxtLine + 1 Loop ' Once the data has been exported, we will format the sheet _ Screen.MousePointer = vbDefault Else MsgBox "Please select a code" & Chr(13) & "and then proceed", vbInformation Screen.MousePointer = vbDefault Exit Sub End If This post has been edited by macosxnerd101: 25 November 2010 - 09:38 AM Reason for edit:: Please use code tags
regarding vb6 rs 232 dommunication   (421 Views)
Hi Friends, We have developed a GUI using VB6.0 which is interfaced and communicated to our Micro controller card using RS 232 Communication. we need to display data coming from the micro controller board with respect to time. Every thing is working fine except Power Fail Indication. As i told we need to display the data coming from the micro controller board with respect to Time we need to show/warn an indication when ever there is a power loss during testing (Normally all our tests will run for hours min 1hours to days, data will be stores every 1sec sample rate). So this is a mandatory option we need to implement and also resume the test when power comes. I will not get data when there is no power to our Micro controller board. Actually we should not get any data from serial port when there is no power to micro controller board, but i am getting some junk data even when there is no power. So i am not able to do the comparison. Can some body suggest me a way to do this. Please help me with some example code.
Passing vb6 option button value to an access field   (414 Views)
Hi . I need to find a way to pass the value of my vb6 option button to an access database field. Let me describe it here: I have this field called Gender in my database, which is a Text data type. It should hold either "Male" or "Female" value. This "Male" or "Female" value shall be coming from my vb6 form using option buttons. Option1 holds the Male value and Option2 holds the Female value. When the user clicks either option button, it should pass its value to the Gender field of my database. Here's my code so far: Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim myRS As Recordset If Option1.Value = True Then myRS.Fields!Gender = "Male" ElseIf Option2.Value = True Then myRS.Fields!Gender = "Female" End If Adodc1.Recordset.Update End Sub Additional Info: - When I run the code above, it generates error that says Run-time error 91: Object variable or With block variable not set - I'm using ADO control to connect my vb6 form to access. I have been going around in circle for quite some time now, but it seems I can't find the exact way to solve it. I'd really appreciate any help I could get.
Write simple webpage with vb6   (439 Views)
I'm trying to get my program to create a webpage by writing html to a text file with teh htm extension. Alright in theory but very complex in practice because of the the numerous double quoted parameters (works if converted ...
pop3 mail in vb6   (206 Views)
: I'm looking for a way to have my vb6 program check and download mail from a pop3 mailbox. So far my searching has only found solutions that require buying code. I have also found solutions for checking for the ...
vb6 UTC time?   (235 Views)
Using vb6, I would like to have either a text box or label display the current time in UTC format...I can't seem to find any instructions or code snippets on how to accomplish it...
Using Access 2k with vb6   (437 Views)
Does anybody know why I can use the form wizard to create a form with data bound to a Access 97 database but not to an Access 2000 database. With the latter I get the message, "Unrecognised database format 'c:\path\databasename.mdb'" ...
vb6 sql server   (237 Views)
I have a datadase vb6/sqlserver. On one of the data entry screens there's a listbox called status. The items contained in the listbox consist of O(Open), C(Closed) and R(Recieved). Here is my problem, I need to have a condition put ...
vb6 access sql syntax error in INSERT statement   (282 Views)
Can someone please shed some light on this. I have been banging my head for days I have an access database that i am connecting to from VB using jet 4.0 The following insert statement works fine on table 'PtStats' ...
vb6 access 97 to 2003 upgrade   (249 Views)
hello I have a VB6 project which currently accesses a Access 97 database. I now need to upgrade to access 2003 (yeah I know we're behind and I am upgrading to c# later - this is an intermediate step) the ...
how to display infinity symbol in vb6   (458 Views)
, Does anyone ever try to display a infinity symbol inVB6...
weird problem in vb6 inserting data   (539 Views)
hello all i am facing some what a weird problem when i my program. it has been working good for the past 3 or 4 months suddenly when sometimes the power goes off and gets turned on back after 5 ...