SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Hiding listbox selection highlight

Is there any way to hide (or even better - change the color of) the highlight in a list box, overriding the system color I can't find anything on this, and that damned blue highlight bar is getting on my ...

Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 03:23:38 AM Total Views:  236
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

hiding query field from report   (236 Views)
I'm a newbie, with a problem. I've created a VB6 front-end for a Access database. When I perform an SQL query for a Report in VB6, I want to be able to block or stop a field (I.e. a date) ...
Right click closes editing cell in listbox   (183 Views)
os - Ubuntu experience - One up from World - VB6 hobby I have loaded a text file into a listbox (10 columns) double click a cell brings up the edit box and by using the keyboard and edit ...
Copy and paste entire listbox contents   (281 Views)
Help! Could someone please help me. I have set up cut copy and paste commands in my program only problem is that it will only copy the item or last item I selected. How do I copy the Entire list. ...
Does VB6 have an equivelent to C++'s SetTopIndex for a ListBox, so I can always see the last String in the listbox?   (306 Views)
I'm adding hundreds of strings to a listbox and I want the last added string to be visable to the user. In C++ there is a function SetTopIndex which does this, how do you do it in VB ...
ReDim Preserve, conversion from VB6 yo VB,NET? Count duplicate items in listbox   (295 Views)
i'm working on a webform and after doing some googling i found a post where it's explained what i was looking for --> Count duplicate items in listbox and display them on this way: value01, value02, value03, value02 to value01 - 1 time. value02 - 2 times. value03 - 1 time. The issue is that the code was written for VB6 and I'm using VB.NET. I tried to manage a conversion but it's impossible for me to work the redim preserve out. The original VB6 code is: PrivateSubCommand1_Click() DimMyArray()AsString,CountOccuranceAsLong DimiAsLong,jAsLong,kAsLong k=0 DoWhilek=0 Fori=TotListItms-1To0Step-1 IfList2.List(i)=List2.List(TotListItms)Then List2.RemoveItemi TotListItms=TotListItms-1 EndIf Nexti TotListItms=TotListItms-1 Loop EndSub And the one I'm writting looks like: Protected Sub Button2_Click(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Dim MyArray() As String, CountOccurance As Long Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long k = 0 Do While k < (ListBox3.Items.Count - 1) For i = 0 To ListBox3.Items.Count - 1 If "ListBox3.Items.Item(k)" = "ListBox3.Items.Item(i)" Then _ CountOccurance = CountOccurance + 1 Next i ReDim Preserve MyArray(k + 1) As String MyArray(k) = "ListBox3.Items.Item(k)" & "-" & CountOccurance CountOccurance = 0 k = k + 1 Loop For i = LBound(MyArray) To UBound(MyArray) ListBox7.Items.Add(MyArray(i)) Next i Dim TotListItms As String = ListBox7.Items.Count - 1 Do While TotListItms >= 0 For i = TotListItms - 1 To 0 Step -1 If "ListBox7.Items.Item(i)" = "ListBox7.Items.Item(TotListItms)" Then ListBox7.Items.Remove(i) TotListItms = TotListItms - 1 End If Next i TotListItms = TotListItms - 1 Loop End Sub
Automatically pick urls in listbox then load to webbrowser   (260 Views)
I have almost made the program which gives urls from google and collect in listbox and sort found as i typed links and copy into richtextbox. But i need to pick up all urls from google automatically from all pages. Because now it does only 1 page. Here is the part of my code in which i want to make it work. Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.co.zw/searchnum=100&hl=en&lr=&biw=1152&bih=683&q=" & TextBox1.Text) End Sub Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted If (WebBrowser1.ReadyState = WebBrowserReadyState.Complete) Then For Each ClientControl As HtmlElement In WebBrowser1.Document.Links If Not ClientControl.GetAttribute("href").Contains("google") And ClientControl.GetAttribute("href").Contains("http") Then ListBox1.Items.Add(ClientControl.GetAttribute("href")) End If Next End If End sub So the question would be how i can make it work automatically using timer,multi threading,backgroundworker for loop, for i = 0 to,do untill or do while i'm new here is that i want. I have the code which is doing automatically but i need your help. Ok what it gives me First the code works great but the problem with it is not pick urls which i want because it gives me not those sites and links. It just does only random urls. So maybe if you're good programmers can you help me fix it Here it is: Public Class Form1 Private Event PageChecked() Private i As Integer = 1 Private parameter As String Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted If (WebBrowser1.ReadyState = WebBrowserReadyState.Complete) Then For Each ClientControl As HtmlElement In WebBrowser1.Document.Links Try If Not ClientControl.GetAttribute("href").Contains("google") And ClientControl.GetAttribute("href").Contains("http") Then ListBox1.Items.Add(ClientControl.GetAttribute("href")) End If Catch ex As Exception End Try Next End If RaiseEvent PageChecked() End Sub Private Sub BackgroundWorker1_DoWork(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs) Handles BackgroundWorker1.DoWork Dim path As String = DirectCast(e.Argument, String) WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.lt/searchnum=100&q=" & path & "&start=" & i * 200) BackgroundWorker1.ReportProgress(i) End Sub Private Sub pageIsChecked() Handles Me.PageChecked If i < 4 Then i += 1 BackgroundWorker1.RunWorkerAsync(parameter) Else End If End Sub
copy listbox to array   (285 Views)
I an trying to copy the contents of a listbox to an array, and when I do I get this error message(At least one element in the source array could not be cast down to the destination array type) I am using asp.net 3.5 and VB. The code to trigger this is Sub button7_click(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs) Dim s(Listbox2.Items.Count) As String Dim al As New ArrayList Listbox2.Items.CopyTo(s, 0) al = New ArrayList(s) The code for listbox2 is Can someone please help me get around this
Newbie needs help filtering a listbox   (458 Views)
I have a listbox that I need to filter when populating it. Here's the deal. Each item in the listbox is a concatenation of 3 strings derived from attributes of an XML element: So each item ...
listbox with items showing different colors and fonts any idea?   (359 Views)
Ok here is the problem. I have a listbox which is populated by a datatable. I would like certain items in the listbox to show different colors depending on what its particular value is. I have been able to do this with a static listbox with values I added via with the property window. The problem is because of the link to the table I usually get the following error: An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' Also : Cast from type 'DataRowView' to type 'String' is not valid. Anybody know a way around this I can't really not use the datatable to pull the data, and I can't really use the .Items.Add of the listbox control (because I haven't been able to figure out how to add a valuemember along with a displaymember with that.
listbox + automatic vert scroll   (243 Views)
Hi Ppl I have a project that contains a list box. The contents of the listbox vary a lot and sometimes there are a lot of items in it, which generates automatic a vertical scroll bar. My problem is that ...
listbox with checkbox style in .net   (303 Views)
Does vb .net have a listbox with a checkbox style like in vb6 I didn't even see a style option under properties. I'm just starting in .net and am trying to port an existing application over.
save listbox selection to database   (313 Views)
Hi , I have a listbox that allows multiple selection. I want to save all the selected items in a single cell. What I did was save the selected values to a string temp = temp & "; " & Servers.ItemData(i) and then rst![Servers] = temp but this doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions
Opening form2 based on listbox selection from form1   (267 Views)
I couldn't find the right newsgroup, other than this - so please redirect if needed. I'm using Visual Studios 2005 Visual Basic. I need help opening form based on the selected listbox from form1. Again, this is not .net ...
pick from listbox   (170 Views)
, How can I pick at random one item from a ListBox There's a ListBox filled with items and after this I need to pick at random one of these items.
listbox with columns   (354 Views)
I want to fill a listbox with items collected from a database. In most cases that means I need more columns (1 for Id, 1 for name etc.). As far as I know the standard VB listBox has a ...
trimming items in a listbox question   (397 Views)
So I wrote a code to compare two listbox's contents (which happens to be names) and display in list2 the names that are not found in list1 (the master list). I am getting a lot of names showing in list2 that are in list1 due to a space at the end of the names to be compared. namesleftlb.Items.Clear() namesleftlb.Items.AddRange(excelnames.Items.Cast(Of String).Except(hiddenmlnames.Items.Cast(Of String)).ToArray) Label2.Text = namesleftlb.Items.Count namesleftlb.SelectedIndex = 0 I want to trim each item of the list of "excelnames" to remove the extra spaces but looking for an efficient way to do so; anyone with thoughts/suggestions
Adding a listbox into a http post   (299 Views)
Ok so im doing a normal http post like so strHTML = HTTP.PostWrapper("http://www.mydomainname.net/login.php", "username=myusername&password=mypassword&submit=Login") and all works fine but now id like to go though a list of accounts i have all the usernames stored in list1 and all the passwords stores in list2 So now i try and and do the post with the fist lines so i grab the first line from list1 for the username and the first line of list2 for the password and try and do the post like so. strHTML = HTTP.PostWrapper("http://www.mydomainname.net/login.phptid=", "username=" & List1.List(0) & "password=" & List2.List(0) & "submit=Login") But seems like the post is not working even tho the is a line in list and list 2... This post has been edited by rpgmaker: 18 August 2012 - 04:55 AM
Finding the average of a set of numbers in a listbox in VB   (312 Views)
I enter numbers and Names into a text box and click 'add to list'. THe names go into a seperate listbox to the numbers. I then press 'show me the list' and i get to view my numbers and names listed in the two listboxs. I also have a button which averages the numbers in the numbers list box. But i dont know how to get it to work I will divide by the number of items in the list box. note: The average will be displayed in a label called: lblavg Here is a picture of my code: http://puu.sh/CsED I have tried: For each item In lstListAges.Selecteditems sum = sum / NamesCount This post has been edited by AdamSpeight2008: 22 June 2012 - 04:57 PM
Open a Notepad in VB hiding the file name on the top and menu bar   (162 Views)
I am using a notepad file in the VB project. in that i want to open a file name without displaying the file name for the user who is opening and also the menu bar should not display in the file
mask sprite hiding   (167 Views)
how can i hide the 2(mask & sprite) on the form without losing them, becase when i st them to visible=false, the bitblt can't draw them on the form, 2 picbox( 1 circle inside each) the picbox1(the mask, the circle is black,picbox is white) the picbox2(the sprite, circle is blue, picbox is black) 2 cmdbuttons Option Explicit Private Declare Function BitBlt Lib "gdi32" _ (ByVal hDestDC As Long, _ ByVal x As Long, _ ByVal y As Long, _ ByVal nWidth As Long, _ ByVal nHeight As Long, _ ByVal hSrcDC As Long, _ ByVal xSrc As Long, _ ByVal ySrc As Long, _ ByVal dwRop As Long) As Long Private Sub cmdDrawSprite_Click() 'Draws the sprite witht the vbSrcPaint raster operation BitBlt Me.hDC, 0, 0, 47, 47, picSprite.hDC, 0, _ 0, vbSrcPaint End Sub Private Sub cmdDrawMask_Click() 'Draws the mask with vbSrcAnd raster operation BitBlt Me.hDC, 0, 0, 47, 47, picMask.hDC, 0, 0, vbSrcAnd End Sub This post has been edited by Dialga: 06 June 2011 - 02:47 AM