SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Form doesn't show up correctly with .show

I've got a Visual Basic.Net application. In this application there's a form with a button. When you click on it, data will be loading to Microsoft Excel ( using automation ). Sometimes, loading could take a while ( for example ...

Posted On: Saturday 10th of November 2012 05:19:56 AM Total Views:  425
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Collect information from net and save it as txt file   (264 Views)
Hi , Is it passable for me to collect data from two pages in the net and save it in a txt file To be more clear. I would like to Grabbing the price information from ( this page ) along with company name and Grabbing other information from other page and save the two pages info to my hard desk in one txt file. I search in the forum as will google but i couldn't find enough information.
retrieving data from a closed form   (294 Views)
Hi. I'll try to be as structured as possible in this question.. but this is my first post, so please be gentle The problem: showing an extra button in a form if the administrator is logged in The question: is it possible to retrieve information from a closed form What I've done: I have created a login form with the usernames in a ComboBox called loginbox1 When a user logs in, it opens a 2nd form (using the command mainform.Show() ) The first thing my mainform does is close the loginform (using the command loginform.Close() Then the next thing my form is supposed to do, is check whether an administrator is logged in or not loginform.Close() 10: If loginform.loginbox1.Text == "Administrator" Then GoTo 20 GoTo 30 20: adminbutton.Show : MsgBox ("IT WORKS!!") ' for testing only 30: MsgBox ("not admin") ' for testing only Problem is that even if the username is Administrator, it seems as if it can't read that. I've tried googling for answers with no luck. There is of course no need to say that I am a complete beginner to VB, so I hope that even if the solution might be quite obvios, I hope you can help me out, or at least give me some hints/tips on what to google/search for. Kenneth (I'll also post the code of the loginform just in case it helps understanding the problem) Public Class loginform Dim password As String = "secretpassword" Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles login1.Click If loginbox1.Text = "" Then MsgBox("You need to log in") : GoTo 10 If loginbox1.Text = ("Administrator") And loginbox2.Text = password Then adminform.Show() ElseIf loginbox1.Text = ("Administrator") And loginbox2.Text password Then MsgBox("wrong password") Else : mainform.Show() End If 10: End Sub This post has been edited by wamp: 30 November 2007 - 04:51 AM
Canvas tp display audio waveform   (153 Views)
I've had limited success displaying the audio waveform of a 16 bit 48kHz mono .wav file in a Canvas using vertical lines, because it's simple and I don't know how to draw points and connect them with lines. Neither do ...
Child forms and operation - non-MDI   (208 Views)
I have a project with a main form and a second form with a grid on it. Neither form is an MDI, thus neither form is a child - they are two independent forms. The CALCULATE button on the main ...
rb2005 native image formats?   (303 Views)
i asked in another thread but its too long to get any attention. i could not find any answer in the new language reference for 05 so any help would be helpful. does rb05 have built in support for any ...
refresh data in my fields on a form   (233 Views)
hello i have a form in visual basic.net i load this window/form when starting the application. in this window i have fields which are filled with data from a database. i want to refresh the data in a fix intervall ...
datetimepicker format   (185 Views)
I am working on a program where I have two datetimepickers and need the difference in days between the two dates. I have the format property for both set to short. When I add the datetimepicker to a label it prints as 12:00:00AM instead of as a date.. How do I format this to return tghe day of the month selected in the picker Dim d1 As Date = DateTimePicker1.Value Dim d2 As Date = DateTimePicker2.Value totdays = DateDiff(DateInterval.Day, d2, d1)
Drawing a line on a form using MouseUp and MouseDown   (198 Views)
I need to draw a line on a form from the point where the user presses the mouse down to where he/she releases the mouse. I have the code so I can draw a line on the form if I specifiy the X and Y cordinates but I cannot get it to work using the MouseUp and MouseDown events. I also need to use a call Refresh in the MouseUp event, but do not know how to accomplisht that. The code I have written is as follows: Public Class frmDraw Private Sub frmDraw_MouseDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles Me.MouseDown Dim myStartingPoint As New Point() End Sub Public Sub frmGraphicsMethods_Paint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles MyBase.Paint Dim myStartingPoint As New Point() Dim myEndingPoint As New Point() Dim g As Graphics = e.Graphics Dim redPen As New Pen(Color.Red) 'sets the width of the pen to 4 pixels redPen.Width = 4 g.DrawLine(redPen, myStartingPoint, myEndingPoint) End Sub Private Sub frmDraw_MouseUp(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles Me.MouseUp Dim myEndingPoint As New Point() Call Refresh() End Sub Private Sub frmDraw_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load End Sub End Class I appreciate all the help I have received from this site with my other questions. As a student learning VB, this assistance is greatly appreciated.
Help: How to reserve top of screen for a form   (206 Views)
I've created a news feeder application for my business, the news bar sizes itself to the screen width and positions itself at the top of the screen. The trouble with this is it can be hidden by other windows that ...
text box data format   (223 Views)
This is just trying to learn tricks for data formating in a text field. The program works fine, just trying to add creativity and learn some good practices. Here is the scenario: 1) have a textbox named "Principle" 2) Need to be able to enter only numerical values 3) need to notify on entering non-numerical 4) Need to fill the field as follows as numbers are entered. $ 0.00 $ 0.01 $ 0.12 $ 1.23 $ 12.34 $ 123.45 $ 1,234.56 I can figure out how to do this but it is terrible and poor because it is so long and cumbersome to check on "leave".
problem passing a variable between two forms ?   (393 Views)
i finally suceed in making the password verifier,now i need to make a "setting" form for the user to save their host/workid name and thus changing the database host/workid name. so i make a module called module 1 and typed the code : friend f1 as login_form friend f2 as settings_form and in settings_form i typed the following code : Dim hostname As String hostname = txt_host.Text f1.txt_note.Text = host to make a text box called txt_note in login_form changed into the host name i typed in txt_host textbox. the txt_note textbox changed into the hostname i inputted at settings_form seeing this i assumed that the variable "hostname" data is already at form 1,so i do some test;i create another textbox and name it "textbox1" and type this following code in textbox1 code : dim host as string host = txt_note.text textbox1.text = host and got nothing typed in the textbox...my question is,did i do the right thing did that data inside "hostname" variable in settings_form already inside the "host" variable in login_form please help me.....i'm getting confused
too much to fit in a form   (277 Views)
I have a problem displaying images on a form. The situation is a follows: There is a folder containing cd-covers. I want to display them on a form. Each time I open the form the folder must be scanned ...
Unable to access properties or methods of subform's controls   (284 Views)
I am extending an existing Access/VBA app and need to update a subform displayed in continuous view within a containing form. The existing form and subform have worked fine to date with the subform's RecordSource set to an underlying DB ...
Frozen DLL forms   (111 Views)
I have a VB6 DLL that contains a class and a number of forms. A method of the class shows any one of the forms modally, depending on the method arguments. The method is called from a modal form in ...
Windows, forms and ALWAYS-ON-TOP   (108 Views)
I have a problem with windows in my VB projects. My project consists of an MDI form with many child (MDIChild = TRUE) and non-child (MDIChild = FALSE) forms contained within. The problem I have is making a form stay ...
VB. NET 2003 Standard hangs opening Windows forms   (314 Views)
After about two months of using Visual Basic . NET 2003 Standard, it suddenly started freezing up whenever it tried to display a Windows form inside a project file. other files, such as HTML and XML, open hunky-dory, including ...
Run Button Method from another form in Acccess   (190 Views)
I am trying to design a button in one form that opens another form and executed a button method within that form. I want to button to open a form based on a different table, then execute the code connected ...
xml/vb/java common date format   (299 Views)
I have an application with a vb6 client that talks to a java server and passes XML back and forward, and I'm wondering what's the best format to transfer date/time values between them in an XML attribute. my first ...
use form.show() in windows services   (312 Views)
dear all, i have design a windows service and set it open the form in start. code: Protected Overrides Sub OnStart(ByVal args() As String) Dim f As New Form1 f.Show() End Sub it can be open the form, but i ...
Trouble with resize form   (300 Views)
Hi , I have an MDI form with a menybar on it. I created the menubar with a Picturebox, a Treeview and a Listview. Now I need code that when I resize the form the Picturebox, Treeview and Listview will ...