SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Filesystemobject doesnt return the folder.size in case of very large folders

I am trying to get the size of a folder using the filesystem object. This code seems to work fine, except for very large folders (i.e. c:\ or c:\Documents and Settings) The code I am using: Dim fso Dim fldr ...

Posted On: Sunday 11th of November 2012 09:40:19 PM Total Views:  309
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

HELP - Form doesnt show when in debug mode (VB .net)   (468 Views)
, bit of strange one this, I have a VB .net application that has Sub Main() as its startup procedure, this then creates and shows a form. Up till now when I pressed F5 the form would duly appear. Whats ...
how to add array data return from getrows in array which is return from getrows   (187 Views)
hello my self avi i am developing application in vb by using ado i used getrows method to get data in array.i got properly but i also want to add data return from another query in same array by using ...
VB6 code doesnt compile properly?   (385 Views)
, I'm editing a server and adding commands into it. (It's a chat game). But none of the commands work in game. It compiles fine. I didn't make the server myself and i followed the guide that worked for others... nothing compiles right. Help
Query returns many times the same record (Access / VB .NET)   (278 Views)
, I have a query operating on three tables on a DB based on MS Access 2003. To mine data I use VB .NET 2003 with OleDbDataReader and ListBox controls. This is the query, used to implement the N-to-N ...
Dir() in Loop returns ""   (178 Views)
G'day , I have a problem with this loop. There are a number of .txt files in 'myPath'. tmpFile = Dir(myPath & "\*.txt") 'PROCESS FOLDER Do Until tmpFile = "" tmpFile = Dir Loop ...
Common Dialog Control doesnt allow orientation from Landscape to Portrait programmatically   (236 Views)
, I am having a big problem with the Common Dialog control being used in a Windows app developed using VB6 SP6 running on XP and 98. When trying to print using the common dialog and set the common ...
Save query return in variable   (313 Views)
Hi. I would like to query a database, given several where clauses to refine my search, and return the value of one single field in the database. eg: I have a table that lists teachers. Their first name, last name, ...
Error number returned different from IDE to EXE   (380 Views)
, I am trying to create a VB 6 program which will read in a text file, compare each line to the next one to see if they are the same, then copy that line out to another file. The ...
SQL in VB 6.0 not returning data from Paradox Table   (370 Views)
Hi: I have a program in VB 6.0 that connects to an access database and connects to a paradox database (directory)... I query an Access table and it returns the data I need...as the program begins. The operator selects a ...
how to add all records[return from query]/array dirctly in list box/combo box   (180 Views)
hello my self avi i m working in vb and sqlserver in my customermaster table there is more than 400 reocrds and when i m going to insert that all records in listbox or combobox it takes too much time ...
Javascript, ODBC, and Oracle functions returning cursors   (253 Views)
Dear Experts, I'm attempting to marry a system to an Oracle 817 datbase. Oracle is my specialty, the back end mainly, so I don't know much about java or javascript. The system uses javascript to make ODBC calls to the ...
Common dialog control returns wrong filename !!   (415 Views)
With the risk of being accused of multi-posting I would like to draw the attention to a serious visual basic/windows issue discussed in the microsoft.public. vb .bugs newsgroup. As pointed out below by Norman Diamond the bug may result in ...
How to return a variable from javaScript to the visual basic?   (321 Views)
How to return a variable from javaScript to the visual basic The script is loaded into the webbrowser control as a html page. THX...
How to return an error to an AppleEvent?   (178 Views)
is there a way, in RealBasic, to return an error to an AppleEvent Like when you do that: tell application "Finder" set name of (selection as alias) to "test:test" end tell you get "Finder got an error: the operation ...
sql query returns in wrong format   (224 Views)
Hope someone can help me with this. I have MS SQL 2000 database where i have Table "PriceList" and there a column "Pricemk" wich is data type "money". data in this column is in form "10001,35". So why ...
"object variable not set" error when returning from function   (154 Views)
I get the following error at the line GetPC = returnObj in the code below Heres some of my ClassPCContainer - Private list() As ClassPC Function GetPC(Name As String) As ClassPC For Each obj In list If obj.Name = ...
Whacked Identity column return problem   (217 Views)
all, Did a google search, trying everything I can find, still not working.... I am using sql server 2000. I do an addnew to a table with an Identity column. I can't seem to get the column ID back. ...
checking return of objectdatasource.select()   (558 Views)
, I just wonder if it is possible to simply check if the objectdatasource.select() returns any rows e.g. If ObjectDataSourceM.Select().GetEnumerator Is Nothing Then '.. End If
how to avoid( Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM Component)   (415 Views)
hi, i have create simple chat application with windows live messenger.I have give reference of MessengerAPI type Library.then it works.after creating a setup file with inno software including interop.MessengerAPI.dll of chatting application(with windows live messenger).Install that setup on anather machine then following errors are generates. ( Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM Component).How to avoid or remove this error.The chatting is not done in windows live messenger.I have give the anather reference ie, Interop.MessengerAPI.dll but same errors will be generates.Interop.MessengerAPI.dll it is supported in windows xp or not Give me the suggestion,urls,links.
A shutdown code that doesnt do the JOB   (317 Views)
Here a shutdown code i did in VB ...the problem is.. only logoff user and FORCElogoff works in it. i have win a XP home edition OS.. the code is as of follows: in form named form1, there are 4 command buttons : code ----- ----------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Command1_Click() ' Log Off USer Call Module1.ExitWindowsEx(LOGOFFUSER, 0) End Sub Private Sub Command2_Click() ' shut down PC Call Module1.ExitWindowsEx(SHUTDOWNPC, 0) End Sub Private Sub Command3_Click() 'Restart PC Call Module1.ExitWindowsEx(REBOOTPC, 0) End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() 'FORCE log off odd.....supposed to forcereboot... Call Module1.ExitWindowsEx(FORCEREBOOT, 0) End Sub ------------------------------------------------------ code for module1----------- Public Const LOGOFFUSER = 0 Public Const SHUTDOWNPC = 1 Public Const REBOOTPC = 2 Public Const FORCEREBOOT = 4 Declare Function ExitWindowsEx Lib "user32" (ByVal uFlags As Long, ByVal dwReserved As Long) As Long ------------- see attachment for files for actual working , u must have both the form and module in the project u open in VB. ------------------------- Attached File(s) Shutdown.zip (1.09K) Number of downloads: 406