SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Code doesn't work (clipboard apis)!

I have a form with a commandbutton and a richtextbox. My goal is launch Word (through automation), open a file, select all content of it, copy it to clipboard and paste it in the richtextbox without lost the rtf formatting. ...

Posted On: Sunday 11th of November 2012 08:36:25 PM Total Views:  346
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Multiuser VB6 database app. through shared file on network   (380 Views)
Hi , I made a software that manages an Access database, I want to let my manager and college to have access to the database through the software, I thought of making a shared folder on the network to contain the database. The question is, which of the following is more better: 1- put the exe file with the database mdb file in the shared folder and let the software to run more than one Instance for each user. 2- put the exe file on each user's PC and let the software to connect to the database through the network shared folder.
select statement is not working   (322 Views)
Hi all, I am using ms-access and in that I link the tables from oracle. I create a form and in that i have a text field e.g. emp_no this emp_no field should take the max value from table emp ...
How can I make an exe file work on another computer   (344 Views)
I'm opening my record set like this; Private rstTips As New ADODB.Recordset, varBmkTips As Variant Private Sub Form_Load() 'open the record set Dim varSql As String varSql = "select * from tblTips where MemberId = " & varMemberId rstTips.Open varSql, ...
Browser Control StatusBar/StatusText properties don't work   (111 Views)
Using a standard status bar control and the VB browser control I want to be able to display the URL of a link that is hovered over in the browser control. Documentation indicates that the browser control was designed to ...
why does this not work?   (176 Views)
Why does this not produce any records (should be 2) Code SQL = "SELECT * " & vbCr & "FROM [TblVendors]" & vbCr SearchStr = "WHERE (((TblVendors.Name) Like '" & Chr(42) & FrmSearch.SearchText & Chr(42) & "')); Debug.Print SQL & ...
Matching data in 2 worksheets   (113 Views)
Hi I was wondering if there is a function that would allow me to match data in two different worksheets. To make it more clear I have a list of products with prices for the company in one worksheet. In ...
Display results on Excel form, swithc macros with worksheet and so on   (219 Views)
I am a new comer here and my problem may sound simple for many of you. I built a form to put 5 list boxes to get user inputs. I want to display the calculated result in the same ...
Filesystemobject doesnt return the folder.size in case of very large folders   (308 Views)
I am trying to get the size of a folder using the filesystem object. This code seems to work fine, except for very large folders (i.e. c:\ or c:\Documents and Settings) The code I am using: Dim fso Dim fldr ...
Source code to add a right-click item that works with both firefox and internet explorer   (297 Views)
Okay, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but I could really use some source code. I found some that works with IE, but I want to be able to do the same with firefox if possible. I know I ...
TalkAboutNetwork: Impersonation of Another Account   (242 Views)
The following posts, among others, have been left by someone trying to impersonate the account of icon128x128@yahoo.com . I have sent abuse@talkaboutnet a email containing identifying information a request to remove these posts. Should TalkAboutNet choose to remove these posts ...
F1 stopped working   (345 Views)
Help! for some reason my VB has forgot where my MSDN is (maybe after sp6 installation), so when i press F1 he says "MSDN does not exist, Please reinstall MSDN". Is there a way to get around the time consuming ...
HELP - Form doesnt show when in debug mode (VB .net)   (467 Views)
, bit of strange one this, I have a VB .net application that has Sub Main() as its startup procedure, this then creates and shows a form. Up till now when I pressed F5 the form would duly appear. Whats ...
Accessing newly created worksheet in Excel   (284 Views)
Hi all, I've created a workbook to play a game with my friends. Each time I insert results a new worksheet should be created (which happens) and then this worksheet should be activated. I'm fairly new to VBA but have ...
Right$ doesn't work   (199 Views)
A project in VB6 recently worked without any problems but now it's complaining when I try to use 'Right$'. In immediate mode, when I'm typing 'print left$("123456",2)' I get the correct result '12'. When I type 'print right$("123456",2) I ...
coding for delete button not work properly   (207 Views)
I am currently working in a project in which i need a delete button by which I delete the record from database which is currently shown in the form by next and previous button.If i want to delete the record by delete button which is currently seen in the form then what condition i write for it. I try the code [Set rs] = [cn.Execute("delete from newuser")] but It delete the entire record in the table newuser but I want to delete the record which is currently seen in our form please tell me the condition which delete the record according to above condition.
script will not work in windows 7   (227 Views)
Hi , I just started using a program (Ultra Hal)it allows users to write plug-ins using vb6. unfortunately I'm not a coder, and there is a coder there that made a plug-in that works on xp, but not on vista or windows 7 that I really would like to use. the coder there does not have windows vista or windows 7 to test on. I was wondering if anyone can please help me get this code to work on windows 7 64 bit system. the codes placed below, and a link to the original source and discussion will be posted below the code. note: I'm not trying to steal someones code we have a community were people place there plug-ins for all Hal users to use or modify. if someone modifies someones code they mostly always give credit to original writer and previous modifiers. I really think having this plug-in work on windows 7 will help out not only me but the window 7 users with in the community. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated by me and others in the ultra Hal community. 'Constants for drive types Const Unknown = 0 Const Removable = 1 Const Fixed = 2 Const Remote = 3 Const CDROM = 4 Const RAMDisk = 5 Const strComputer = "." 'THIS WILL GET CPU USAGE INFORMATION If InStr(1, InputString, "processor usage", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, InputString, "processor time", 1) > 0 Or _ InStr(1, InputString, "cpu time", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, InputString, "cpu usage", 1) > 0 Then Set oWsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set oWshSysEnv = oWsh.Environment("PROCESS") GetCurrentComputerName = oWshSysEnv("COMPUTERNAME") Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\" & strComputer & "\rootCIMV2") Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor WHERE Name = '_Total'") For Each objItem In colItems UltraHal = " Processor usage is " & objItem.PercentProcessorTime & " %" Next End If 'THIS WILL GET AVAILABLE PHYSICAL MEMORY INFORMATION If InStr(1, InputString, "physical memory", 1) > 0 Then Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _ & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\" & strComputer & "\rootcimv2") Set colSettings = objWMIService.ExecQuery _ ("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem") For Each objOperatingSystem In colSettings UltraHal = " Available Physical Memory: " & _ objOperatingSystem.FreePhysicalMemory & " MB " Next End If 'THIS WILL GET TOTAL PHYSICAL MEMORY INFORMATION If InStr(1, InputString, "physical memory", 1) > 0 Then Set colSettings = objWMIService.ExecQuery _ ("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem") For Each objComputer In colSettings UltraHal = UltraHal & " Total Physical Memory: " & _ objComputer.TotalPhysicalMemory & " MB " Next End If 'THIS WILL GET CPU CURRENT SPEED INFORMATION If InStr(1, InputString, "processor usage", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, InputString, "processor time", 1) > 0 Or _ InStr(1, InputString, "cpu time", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, InputString, "cpu usage", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, InputString, "clock speed", 1) > 0 Then Set oWsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set oWshSysEnv = oWsh.Environment("PROCESS") GetCurrentComputerName = oWshSysEnv("COMPUTERNAME") Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\" & strComputer & "\rootCIMV2") Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Processor") For Each objItem In colItems UltraHal = UltraHal & " Current Clock Speed: " & objItem.CurrentClockSpeed & " MHz" Next End If 'THIS WILL GET THE HARD DISK SPACE INFORMATION If InStr(1, InputString, "hard disk space", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, InputString, "harddisk space", 1) > 0 Or _ InStr(1, InputString, "free space", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, InputString, "storage space", 1) > 0 Then Set oFs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set oDrives = oFs.Drives For Each oDrive In oDrives Select Case oDrive.DriveType Case Fixed GetFreeSpaceReport = GetFreeSpaceReport & oDrive.DriveLetter & ": " & Round(oDrive.FreeSpace/(1024*1024)) & "MB free (" & Round(100 * (oDrive.FreeSpace/oDrive.TotalSize),2) & "%)" & vbcrlf End Select Next Str = GetFreeSpaceReport UltraHal = Str End If 'THIS WILL ALLOW A USER TO SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER 'THIS SCRIPT WILL WORK WELL WITH ASSISTANT BUT MAY CAUSE 'PROBLEMS WITH AIM BOT USERS BECAUSE ANYONE USING AIM 'COULD SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER ON COMMAND. If InStr(1, InputString, "shut down computer", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, InputString, "shut down system", 1) > 0 Then Set oWshX = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set oWshSysEnvX = oWshX.Environment("PROCESS") GetCurrentComputerName = oWshSysEnvX("COMPUTERNAME") strShutdown = "shutdown -s -t 0 -f -m \" & GetCurrentComputerName Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") objShell.Run strShutdown End If http://www.ultrahal....hptopic=7004.0
VB6 code doesnt compile properly?   (385 Views)
, I'm editing a server and adding commands into it. (It's a chat game). But none of the commands work in game. It compiles fine. I didn't make the server myself and i followed the guide that worked for others... nothing compiles right. Help
Where should I start with network databases in vb6?   (253 Views)
I'm trying to code a simple application that reads a text file from a my server at work from any computer via network connection. I've searched the internet about networks for vb6 etc about I don't really know what I'm looking for. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for facing this task. Thank you.
Common Dialog Control doesnt allow orientation from Landscape to Portrait programmatically   (236 Views)
, I am having a big problem with the Common Dialog control being used in a Windows app developed using VB6 SP6 running on XP and 98. When trying to print using the common dialog and set the common ...
A shutdown code that doesnt do the JOB   (317 Views)
Here a shutdown code i did in VB ...the problem is.. only logoff user and FORCElogoff works in it. i have win a XP home edition OS.. the code is as of follows: in form named form1, there are 4 command buttons : code ----- ----------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Command1_Click() ' Log Off USer Call Module1.ExitWindowsEx(LOGOFFUSER, 0) End Sub Private Sub Command2_Click() ' shut down PC Call Module1.ExitWindowsEx(SHUTDOWNPC, 0) End Sub Private Sub Command3_Click() 'Restart PC Call Module1.ExitWindowsEx(REBOOTPC, 0) End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() 'FORCE log off odd.....supposed to forcereboot... Call Module1.ExitWindowsEx(FORCEREBOOT, 0) End Sub ------------------------------------------------------ code for module1----------- Public Const LOGOFFUSER = 0 Public Const SHUTDOWNPC = 1 Public Const REBOOTPC = 2 Public Const FORCEREBOOT = 4 Declare Function ExitWindowsEx Lib "user32" (ByVal uFlags As Long, ByVal dwReserved As Long) As Long ------------- see attachment for files for actual working , u must have both the form and module in the project u open in VB. ------------------------- Attached File(s) Shutdown.zip (1.09K) Number of downloads: 406