SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

uploader with multi element form

i need to find some scrit to uploadimages but with multi elements form
i mean i need to put some textboxes and compo boxes with the uploading form to process the data entered in the text boxes and copbo boxes
something = the posting new thread
u can write ur thread and choose file to attach
hope it's clear , it's working like a dream
but how can i make some limit for file size i mean if the user tried 2 upload a file more than somw size he gets error messege

also how can i change the files directory to a ub directory from the pages directory like images or download

what ever thx alot jofa and jmi

Posted On: Thursday 11th of October 2012 05:05:22 AM Total Views:  208
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

help with ASP   (178 Views)
this is for a friend . Since I don't have much ASP knowledge , I am requesting you . check out the site : www.yourssweethome.com , on the home page you will find some buttons on the left hand side , clcking whch will be calling a search page that displays cetain search critria . these works fine . but when , on the home page on the right hand side, te pictures are clicked which are linked to another asp page which is supposed to display the total results , from each category ... not filtereted by any other search .... nothing is displayed. Pages are all uploaded properly . DSN and DB name is same as the other pages , so no faults there . So what could be missing or creating the problem
entering data with ASP - Page 2   (157 Views)
'// do this to test what im saying if intRecordsAffected < 0 Then '// heres why objRS.MoveFirst %> Test Test Test
Is it possible to make a hit counter with asp?   (173 Views)
Is it possible to create a webpage counter with asp
Problems with ASP (I'm a beginner)   (189 Views)
Alright I've just started learning the basics of ASP. And i'm following a tutorial which i have taken off the net. However many times i re-do the tutorial I still keep getting the same error messages. I'm am using Windows XP Pro, with IIS installed. my asp page is a simple form to input information into a database. Heres the script :- Guest Book Guestbook To Email Address CC Subject Message I've created the database in Access and saved it in the same directory, and have created the ODBC connection (I'm not sure whether it is correct or not). I have even downloaded the source code and database from the site. But still no use!! Error Message I get are :- Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. /tutorial/guestbook.asp, line 46 Browser Type: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) Page: POST 69 bytes to /tutorial/guestbook.asp POST Data: To=sdfsdf&EmailAdd=sdf&CC=sdf&Subject=sdf&Memo=sdfsdfsdf&Message=True If anyone can help, because i've been trying to wrap my brains around this for ages, then e-mail me at goulding_uk@hotmail.com Cheers Craig
Problems with using advance SQL statements ...   (164 Views)
Hi , I am trying to track down where the error is. Below is the code that I am working on: ----------------------------- SQL = "CREATE TABLE #t (WeekData INT); insert into #t select DatePart(ww, SubmitDate) from support where DatePart(yyyy, SubmitDate) = 2003 and DatePart(mm, SubmitDate) = 6; CREATE TABLE #t2 (JobNumbers INT); insert into #t2 select Count(WeekData) from #t group by WeekData; select * from #t2;" rst.open SQL, oConn, adOpenStatic %> Weekly job average/B> --------------------------------- Essential what I am trying to do is take some records that are in a particular month and then find what the weekly average is. To do this I have had to create a couple of temporary tables to house the data. When I run the above SQL statement in SQL Auery Analyser (comes with SQL server) I get correct information but when I put it into my ASP code I get the follow error: ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1' Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. /apps/support/report.asp, line 78 Now the line that it is falling over on is where the , and from what I have read the error message means that it can't find the field in the table. Am I trying to use SQL that will not work with ASP or am I missing something.
How to handle duplicate records with ASP   (220 Views)
all, I'm connecting to an MS Access database using ASP. Within my database I have duplicate records (more specifically records with the same serial no.). When I search by the serial number only the first record is displayed. I would like to display all records containing the given serial no.
What is wrong with this INSERT statement   (173 Views)
For some reason my page is giving me the dreaded syntax error. Can anyone see what is wrong It's probably something simple...it always is. Code: sql_insert2 = "insert into users (PayrollNo, Firstname, Lastname, Password) values ('" & Payroll & "', '" & Firstname & "', '" & Lastname & "', '" & Password & "')" Con.Execute (sql_insert2)
VBScript type conversion with SQL   (144 Views)
I am performing the following SQL statement on an Access DB: set resQty = dbconn.Execute("SELECT MaxQty FROM software WHERE Dept = '"& dept &"' AND Title = '"& swtitle &"';") I am trying to convert the value of MaxQty to a string using the following: resQ = cint(resQty) I get a type mismatch error when running the script. How can I get this value (which is an integer in the DB) so that I can use it as an integer in my script and compare it against other values
more problems with school assignment   (231 Views)
user section. What I need to do is allow the user to enter his/her data and then insert it into the database. But when I do I get the following error ------------------------------------------------------------- Error Type: Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E14) Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. /database/insertnewcustomer.asp, line 23 -------------------------------------------------------------- I did a response.write on the variable and it does come up with the correct statement: insert into customer (last,first,mi,cadd,city,state,zip,dphone,ephone,username,password) values (lastname, firstname , T, 222 222nd street, seattle, 90210, 222-222-2222, 222-333-3333, max, test) here is my code: Code:
help with school assignment please!!   (162 Views)
I am having a heck of a problem with inserting a record into a database. I keep getting: ========================================================= Error Type: Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E14) Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. /database/processorder.asp, line 38 ======================================================== Code: Processing Order Thank you for your order ! inventory id is: Customer ID is: Order ID is: Description Size Color Price Quantity Extended Total Women's Hiking Shorts M Khaki 29.95 2 $59.90 Order Summary Total Cost of Items Ordered $59.90 6% Sales Tax (WI Residents) 3.59 Shipping & Handling 7.50 Total Order Cost $70.99 Return to Product Guide
Learning ASP with IIS   (103 Views)
Hi , My brother and I want to learn ASP. He runs Win2K and I run WinXP HE. He just installed IIS on his computer. I've read that Microsoft doesn't support the installation of IIS on XP Home edition. Is it possible for me to access ASP from my computer We are connected to the same cable modem via a router but we aren't sharing files. On another note, he is not very careful with viruses or firewalls. So he's gotten a LOT of viruses lately. That's the reason why I don't want to share files with him. But, since I need to learn ASP, I'm willing to start sharing files. Is there anything I could do to make our connection safe I am running NAV and ZA. Any input GREATLY appreciated.
update online database without interupting user   (195 Views)
I have a question for all you aspers (something like that ). I have my database online and active. There are always people on the site, almost all day long. Now when I want to update the database, say add another table, I just log into the ftp account, download the db, do my update, then re-upload the database. Here is my question. When I am either downloading, or uploading the database, if you goto the website you get an error saying the file is in use. How do you developers out there update your databases without causing any interuption to your users Or is this possible, I'm use MS Access by the way.
Parsing XML with ASP   (98 Views)
I think this has been asked before but I can't find the reply. I'm using the XML parser to post data to a server and receiving a reply. The reply is in XML and I want to find elements of the retrieved data. Eg. I receive a string with: Code: Love it lager ... I want to get the value of the tag. Any ideas
file uploader   (230 Views)
Hi ! I've been having some trouble with a file uploader script, the script times out when running, I have tried extending the default timeout length. I have also tried a couple of other file upload scripts and thay all time out too. I can't seem to find a cause to the problem. I have a second server and it runs beautifully! If anyone has any ideas or solutions, I'd b grateful! thnx!!
Multiple image uploader - problem uploading a single image   (266 Views)
Basically what I've got is a problem when I'm trying to upload an image in an 'edit' page via the cms.I have 6 images that are uploaded fine via a 'add product' page, then when I go to my edit page and for example change 1 of those images of the 6 and upload that, I get problems, but all is fine if when im in the 'edit' page I change another piece of data and submit.I have included below the 2 pages that are used when 'editing' a selection.IF NOT rsuserU.EOF THENartTitle = rsuserU( "art_Title" )artCategory = rsuserU( "art_Category" )artBriefDesc = rsuserU( "art_BDescription" )artPrice = rsuserU( "art_Price" )artPicFull = rsuserU( "art_ThumbFull" )artFace = rsuserU( "art_ThumbFace" )artHood = rsuserU( "art_ThumbHood" )artExtra1 = rsuserU( "image_Extra1" )artExtra2 = rsuserU( "image_Extra2" )artExtra3 = rsuserU( "image_Extra3" )artCaseDesc = rsuserU( "case_Text" )artDialDesc = rsuserU( "dial_Text" )artMovementDesc = rsuserU( "movement_Text" )artMakerDesc = rsuserU( "maker_Text" )artDatDesc = rsuserU( "dat_Text" )artHeightDesc = rsuserU( "height_Text" )artStatus = rsuserU( "art_Status" )artMoonDisplay = rsuserU( "art_MoonDisplay" )artDisplay = rsuserU( "art_Display" )END IFrsuserU.CloseFUNCTION SELECTED( firstVal, secondVal ) IF cSTR( firstVal ) = cSTR( secondVal ) THEN SELECTED = " SELECTED " END IFEND FUNCTION%> Edit or Update Clock Information: Title: Category: Longcase Mahogany Longcase Oak Longcase Walnut Longcase Marquetry Longcase Lacquer Longcase Miscellaneous Other clocks and instruments Barometers Restoration Longcase Mahogany Archive Longcase Oak Archive Longcase Walnut Archive Longcase Marquetry Archive Longcase Lacquer Archive Longcase Miscellaneous Archive Other clocks and instruments Archive Barometers Archive Brief Description: Price: Please note! When changing an image, you have to change or re-load all 6 Current Full Length Clock Picture:   New Full Length Clock Picture: Current Clock Face Picture:   New Clock Face Picture: Current Clock Hood Picture:   New Clock Hood Picture: Current Extra Picture 1:   New Extra Picture 1: Current Extra Picture 2:   New Extra Picture 2: Current Extra Picture 3:   New Extra Picture 3: Please note! When changing an image, you have to change or re-load all 6 Case Description: Dial Description: Movement Description: Maker Description: Date Description: Height Description: Status: IN STOCK SOLD Moon Image Display: YES NO Display: YES NO Back This is then submitted here:if instr(Trim(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")),"addproduct_art.asp") or instr(Trim(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")),"updateproduct_art.asp") then Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload") theCount = upload.save(server.mappath("..")&"\images\uploaded") dim arr(6), i i = 1 For Each File in Upload.Files arr(i) = File.FileName i = i + 1 Next 'Count = Upload.SaveVirtual("../upload") ' Get the form variables addProduct = TRIM (Upload.Form("addProduct")) updateProduct = TRIM (Upload.Form("updateProduct")) deleteProduct = TRIM (Upload.Form("deleteProduct")) 'response.write("delete=" & deleteProduct) delID = TRIM (Upload.Form("delID")) catID = TRIM (Upload.Form("catID")) artTitle = TRIM (Upload.Form("artTitle")) artCategory = TRIM (Upload.Form("artCategory")) artBriefDesc = TRIM (Upload.Form("artBriefDesc")) artPrice = TRIM (Upload.Form("artPrice")) artPicFull = TRIM (arr(1)) artFace = TRIM (arr(2)) artHood = TRIM (arr(3)) artExtra1 = TRIM (arr(4)) artExtra2 = TRIM (arr(5)) artExtra3 = TRIM (arr(6)) artCaseDesc = TRIM (Upload.Form("artCaseDesc")) artDialDesc = TRIM (Upload.Form("artDialDesc")) artMovementDesc = TRIM (Upload.Form("artMovementDesc")) artMakerDesc = TRIM (Upload.Form("artMakerDesc")) artDatDesc = TRIM (Upload.Form("artDatDesc")) artHeightDesc = TRIM (Upload.Form("artHeightDesc")) artStatus = TRIM (Upload.Form("artStatus")) artMoonDisplay = TRIM (Upload.Form("artMoonDisplay")) artDisplay = TRIM (Upload.Form("artDisplay")) origImage = TRIM(upload.Form("origImage")) origFImage = TRIM(upload.Form("origFImage")) origHImage = TRIM(upload.Form("origHImage")) origExtra1 = TRIM(upload.Form("origExtra1")) origExtra2 = TRIM(upload.Form("origExtra2")) origExtra3 = TRIM(upload.Form("origExtra3")) set upload = nothing 'Assign Default Values IF artTitle = "" THEN artTitle = " " END IF IF artCategory = "" THEN artCategory = " " END IF IF artBriefDesc = "" THEN artBriefDesc = " " END IF IF artPrice = "" THEN artPrice = " " END IF IF artCaseDesc = "" THEN artCaseDesc = " " END IF IF artDialDesc = "" THEN artDialDesc = " " END IF IF artMovementDesc = "" THEN artMovementDesc = " " END IF IF artMakerDesc = "" THEN artMakerDesc = " " END IF IF artDatDesc = "" THEN artDatDesc = " " END IF IF artHeightDesc = "" THEN artHeightDesc = " " END IF IF artStatus = "" THEN artStatus = " " END IF IF artMoonDisplay = "" THEN artMoonDisplay = " " END IF IF artDisplay = "" THEN artDisplay = " " END IF ' Add new product if artPicFull = "" then Pimage = origImage else Pimage = artPicFull end if if artFace = "" then Fimage = origFImage else Fimage = artFace end if if artHood = "" then Himage = origHImage else Himage = artHood end if if artExtra1 = "" then Extra1 = origExtra1 else Extra1 = artExtra1 end if if artExtra2 = "" then Extra2 = origExtra2 else Extra2 = artExtra2 end if if artExtra3 = "" then Extra3 = origExtra3 else Extra3 = artExtra3 end if if addProduct "" then strsqlM = "INSERT INTO eventDisplay " &_ "( art_Title, art_Category, art_BDescription, art_Price, art_ThumbFull, art_ThumbFace, art_ThumbHood, image_Extra1, image_Extra2, image_Extra3, case_Text, dial_Text, movement_Text, maker_Text, dat_Text, height_Text, art_Status, art_MoonDisplay, art_Display ) VALUES (" &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artTitle ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artCategory ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artBriefDesc ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artPrice ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artPicFull ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artFace ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artHood ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artExtra1 ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artExtra2 ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artExtra3 ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artCaseDesc ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artDialDesc ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artMovementDesc ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artMakerDesc ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artDatDesc ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artHeightDesc ) & "', " &_ " '" & fixQuotes (artStatus ) & "', " &_ " " & fixQuotes (artMoonDisplay ) & ", " &_ " " & fixQuotes (artDisplay ) & " )" 'rsuser.open strsql, conn On Error Resume NextConnM.Execute strsqlMIf Err 0 Then Response.Write "Error in query " & strsqlM Response.EndEnd If end if %> Clock Title: Category: Brief Description: Price: Picture of full length:   Picture of the face:   Picture of the hood:   Extra Image 1:   Extra Image 2:   Extra Image 3:   Case Description:   Dial Description:   Movement Description:   Maker Description:   Date Description:   Height Description:   Status: Moon Display:   Display:   Was added to the database
asp uploader   (180 Views)
Hi all,I have PWS running on a windows 98 machine. I am trying to get something to make an upload via html/asp but everything i try is not working (looked on net for code).Could it be that i dont have access to the server from htmlHow do i give it access if so If it isnt this, what could it beTIADan ----------------------------------------There are 2 types of computer, the prototype and the obsolete!!
File uploader   (238 Views)
,I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best way forward with a potential piece of development I am facing.I would like a user to be able to locate an image stored on their machine and for that image to be copied across to a location on a directory on the web server. I would prefer to do this via an ASP page.I am unsure of the best place to start, and so if anyone has any pointers/ helpful references etc etc they would be much appreciated
Shadow uploader ??   (265 Views)
i'm having a problem with end users submitting more then one photo for there number, the problem is it doesn't rename the second file. it only renames the first file they upload. is there a way to have the second file renamed 71b.jpg or something like that. instead of just uploading it with out renaming it
Error when using shadow uploader   (343 Views)
I have a login page where user enters his username password i verify if he is a valid user or not if he is i redirect him to a diff page and in querystring i transfer 3 variables ok I get the 3 variables on that page then i have 3 radio buttons when user selects one of them i display the company name and they upload the file and some stas for the company the client requirement is when the user submits the form it should be done by radio button not a submit button for uploading of file i have used shadow's code here is my problem if the user doesnt upload a file it gives me an error saying Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8' Object required: 'm_Request' /ERP/onlineerp/ShadowUploader.asp, line 27 here is the code for it [CODE] Company Details Country U.S.A Canada International Company name Stats Upload File /> now i have the code for submitcompany.asp Code: