SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Upload pdfs shadow script

I am uploading 12 pdfs

using shadow upload script

here is my code
Code: Set objUpload=New ShadowUpload If objUpload.GetError"" Then Response.Write("Sorry, could not upload: "&objUpload.GetError) Else For x=0 To objUpload.FileCount-1 Call objUpload.File(x).SaveToDisk("F:\Inetpub\WWWRoot\pdfs\", "") Next End If How do i get the names of the pdfs

there will not always be 12 pdfs sometimes there will be 2 sometimes 5

any idea

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 01:00:26 AM Total Views:  380
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Trouble building photo upload using ASP   (251 Views)
I am building an application via ASP that uses an MS Access database to hold inventory for large truck dealerships. I have two columns in the database, one for thumbnails and one for regular (about 450 pixels wide) sized images. The columns in the database hold the URL's to the images in the folders. I need to create a photo upload that accomplishes the following things: 1. Will re-size and rename the photograph regardless of what the user has it named and sized as. I would like to be able to have the code create the thumbnail and the larger image if that is possible. 2. I need to be able to have that photograph attached to the inventory information that goes with it. I have a very basic page built, but of course, it does not do any of the "fluffy" stuff I mentioned above. I am not very good with VB and most of what I have seen out there is really contingent upon knowing VB. I tried using a 3rd party application, but to be quite honest, it sucked. Having said that, can any of you point me in the right direction toward having the above features I can post what I have but didn't know if there was some information I could look at online
Shadow uploader ??   (297 Views)
i'm having a problem with end users submitting more then one photo for there number, the problem is it doesn't rename the second file. it only renames the first file they upload. is there a way to have the second file renamed 71b.jpg or something like that. instead of just uploading it with out renaming it
ShadowUploader - integrating the upload with existing code - Page 3   (290 Views)
Originally Posted by bubble now i trying to use your code for upload and save to database, this is the code strSQL = "INSERT INTO foto (userid, ft_dir, comment) VALUES ('somedata', '" & objUpload.File(x).FileName & "','" & objUpload("name") & "')" objConn.Execute(strSQL) /ciayoo/ShadowUploader.asp, line 283 That does not help us. What is the error being generated What line is it being generated on Simple, simple things to provide if you are looking for help.
File upload works on localhost, doesn't on client   (229 Views)
I have an application that allows upload of files to the database as binary. I am trying to fine-tune this to allow large files of 50 Mb or larger. The page goes through the "motions" of upload, get a confirmation and database entry is made. On the download I get page cannot be displayed. If I run this with the IP address of "localhost/appname" it works. As soon as I move the code on the production server it fails. Here is the code responsible for downloading: SQL = "SELECT * FROM REQ_AttachedFiles WHERE FileID=" & Request.QueryString("ID") Set RS=Conn.Execute(SQL) if Not RS.BOF then FileName = Trim(RS("FileName")) set fld = RS("Attachment") if isobject(fld) and (fld.attributes and adFldLong) = adFldLong then hBlobSize = fld.actualsize if hBlobSize > 0 then binFile = fld.GetChunk(hBlobSize) end if end if set fld = nothing end if RS.Close set RS = nothing if FileName "" and hBlobSize > 0 and LenB(binFile) > 0 then Response.ContentType = "application/octet-stream" Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition","attachment;filename=" & FileName Response.BinaryWrite(binFile) end if
SPLIT FROM: Shadow Uploader - Email the uploaded file   (237 Views)
im try to create a simple send mail via ASP. here is the code
ASP file upload, not the same as PHP   (233 Views)
i've been looking for something similar to PHP where users can uplaod an image or a file. So far I have found nothing simialr to the that PHP and the form / file input eleent handles it. I am guessing that it doesnt exists and I am honeslty deeply shocked that it doesnt exists. I thought PHP and ASP matched in most functionality, how come it's been left out How do websites run with ASP do this Anway, does anyway body know of an implementation that I can use, prefferably just using ASP and nothing else. And when I say ASP I mean "Server.createObject", not "CreateObject"
Error uploading pic aspSmartUpload   (627 Views)
just like in my website poyh.com user: test Pass: test I have a duplicate website here : lovemods use the same login, edit profile, change picture try and upoad and it shows an error same with ADD PICTURE in small menu top right of site! why is this and how can i fix it J
Asp file upload   (238 Views)
Does anybody have examples of file uploading in asp besides freeAspUploads... I am also interested in how this process is achieved under ASP.
Where i can get code of Aspsmartupload component for attache mail?   (281 Views)
I have aspsmartuplod component on my server. I have from of information with attachment field. I success to upload file on server with that form but i want that upload file will come at my end as mail with attachement. I tried at my end but not find any code. Can any one help me to get that code. I want user infromation and his uploaded file through mail. Any suggestion Welcome JIMI
Need help on file upload code   (319 Views)
hey , I have a page for uploading files. I got the codes courtesy from Shadow Wizard's shadowuploader file which is posted online. as the asp upload is something new and i am not familiar with, i need help. anyway i tested the page to upload some files but there was an error displayed Error Type: Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A004C) Path not found /shop/ShadowUploader.asp, line 283 it refers to this highlighted code in red. what does this error suggest. can anyone explain. thanks Code: =iBoundaryEndPos) Or (iCurPosition=0) 'skip non relevant data... iPosBegin = InstrB(iCurPosition, strBinData, AsciiToBinary("Content-Disposition")) iPosBegin = InstrB(iPosBegin, strBinData, AsciiToBinary("name=")) iValuePos = iPosBegin 'read the name of the form element, e.g. "file1", "text1" iPosBegin = iPosBegin+6 iPosEnd = InstrB(iPosBegin, strBinData, strBinQuote) strElementName = BinaryToAscii(MidB(strBinData, iPosBegin, iPosEnd-iPosBegin)) 'maybe file iPosBegin = InstrB(iCurPosition, strBinData, AsciiToBinary("filename=")) iPosEnd = InstrB(iPosEnd, strBinData, strBoundaryData) If (iPosBegin>0) And (iPosBegin0 Then RS.Fields.Append "mBinary", adLongVarBinary, LMultiByte RS.Open RS.AddNew RS("mBinary").AppendChunk MultiByte & ChrB(0) RS.Update Binary = RS("mBinary").GetChunk(LMultiByte) End If MultiByteToBinary = Binary End Function Private Function WriteDebug(msg) If SU_DEBUG_MODE Then Response.Write(msg) Response.Flush End If End Function Private Function BinaryToAscii(strBinary) Dim i, result result = "" For i=1 to LenB(strBinary) result = result & chr(AscB(MidB(strBinary, i, 1))) Next BinaryToAscii = result End Function Private Function GetBytes(flnm, offset, bytes) Dim startPos If offset=0 Then startPos = 1 Else startPos = offset End If if bytes = -1 then ' Get ! GetBytes = flnm else GetBytes = Mid(flnm, startPos, bytes) end if ' Dim objFSO ' Dim objFTemp ' Dim objTextStream ' Dim lngSize ' ' Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ' ' ' First, we get the filesize ' Set objFTemp = objFSO.GetFile(flnm) ' lngSize = objFTemp.Size ' set objFTemp = nothing ' ' fsoForReading = 1 ' Set objTextStream = objFSO.OpenTextFile(flnm, fsoForReading) ' ' if offset > 0 then ' strBuff = objTextStream.Read(offset - 1) ' end if ' ' if bytes = -1 then ' Get ! ' GetBytes = objTextStream.Read(lngSize) 'Read ' else ' GetBytes = objTextStream.Read(bytes) ' end if ' ' objTextStream.Close ' set objTextStream = nothing ' set objFSO = nothing End Function '::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: '::: ::: '::: Functions to convert two bytes to a numeric value (long) ::: '::: (both little-endian and big-endian) ::: '::: ::: '::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Private Function lngConvert(strTemp) lngConvert = clng(asc(left(strTemp, 1)) + ((asc(right(strTemp, 1)) * 256))) end function Private Function lngConvert2(strTemp) lngConvert2 = clng(asc(right(strTemp, 1)) + ((asc(left(strTemp, 1)) * 256))) end function '::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: '::: ::: '::: This function does most of the real work. It will attempt ::: '::: to read any file, regardless of the extension, and will ::: '::: identify if it is a graphical image. ::: '::: ::: '::: Passed: ::: '::: flnm => Filespec of file to read ::: '::: width => width of image ::: '::: height => height of image ::: '::: depth => color depth (in number of colors) ::: '::: strImageType=> type of image (e.g. GIF, BMP, etc.) ::: '::: ::: '::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: function gfxSpex(flnm, width, height, depth, strImageType) dim strPNG dim strGIF dim strBMP dim strType dim strBuff dim lngSize dim flgFound dim strTarget dim lngPos dim ExitLoop dim lngMarkerSize strType = "" strImageType = "(unknown)" gfxSpex = False strPNG = chr(137) & chr(80) & chr(78) strGIF = "GIF" strBMP = chr(66) & chr(77) strType = GetBytes(flnm, 0, 3) if strType = strGIF then ' is GIF strImageType = "GIF" Width = lngConvert(GetBytes(flnm, 7, 2)) Height = lngConvert(GetBytes(flnm, 9, 2)) Depth = 2 ^ ((asc(GetBytes(flnm, 11, 1)) and 7) + 1) gfxSpex = True elseif left(strType, 2) = strBMP then ' is BMP strImageType = "BMP" Width = lngConvert(GetBytes(flnm, 19, 2)) Height = lngConvert(GetBytes(flnm, 23, 2)) Depth = 2 ^ (asc(GetBytes(flnm, 29, 1))) gfxSpex = True elseif strType = strPNG then ' Is PNG strImageType = "PNG" Width = lngConvert2(GetBytes(flnm, 19, 2)) Height = lngConvert2(GetBytes(flnm, 23, 2)) Depth = getBytes(flnm, 25, 2) select case asc(right(Depth,1)) case 0 Depth = 2 ^ (asc(left(Depth, 1))) gfxSpex = True case 2 Depth = 2 ^ (asc(left(Depth, 1)) * 3) gfxSpex = True case 3 Depth = 2 ^ (asc(left(Depth, 1))) '8 gfxSpex = True case 4 Depth = 2 ^ (asc(left(Depth, 1)) * 2) gfxSpex = True case 6 Depth = 2 ^ (asc(left(Depth, 1)) * 4) gfxSpex = True case else Depth = -1 end select else strBuff = GetBytes(flnm, 0, -1) ' Get all bytes from file lngSize = len(strBuff) flgFound = 0 strTarget = chr(255) & chr(216) & chr(255) flgFound = instr(strBuff, strTarget) if flgFound = 0 then exit function end if strImageType = "JPG" lngPos = flgFound + 2 ExitLoop = false do while ExitLoop = False and lngPos < lngSize do while asc(mid(strBuff, lngPos, 1)) = 255 and lngPos < lngSize lngPos = lngPos + 1 loop if asc(mid(strBuff, lngPos, 1)) < 192 or asc(mid(strBuff, lngPos, 1)) > 195 then lngMarkerSize = lngConvert2(mid(strBuff, lngPos + 1, 2)) lngPos = lngPos + lngMarkerSize + 1 else ExitLoop = True end if loop if ExitLoop = False then Width = -1 Height = -1 Depth = -1 else Height = lngConvert2(mid(strBuff, lngPos + 4, 2)) Width = lngConvert2(mid(strBuff, lngPos + 6, 2)) Depth = 2 ^ (asc(mid(strBuff, lngPos + 8, 1)) * 8) gfxSpex = True end if end if End Function End Class %>
Aspupload   (235 Views)
Hi I'm trying to create a dynamic page where I can edit a region from a simple admin area. I'm pretty confident that I can handle the database and asp coding (yeah who am I trying to kid) but what I want to be able to do is upload an image from the admin area too. My hosting company is telling me that they have aspupload installed. Is this all I need and if so is there a tutorial anywhere that can help me on my way
Searching inside an uploaded .doc file from within the ASP script   (206 Views)
Hi people! This is what I need to do: A client uploads a document (a msword .doc file) to the server, I need to search a string that document and find specific words in it (this is an Application to a School, most of them look the same, so all you can do is replace the school name in the application, but sometimes people forget to do so and get rejected for sending inappropriate application). So I need to find in each Application possible names of other schools and alert about it. I'm writing in ASP (I can use ASP.net as well) I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE SERVER (it belongs to the hosting company, and there's no way of installing anything there) Thank you in advance
How to upload file/image   (337 Views)
How to upload file/image and store the file path to my access please help.
not upload duplicate image name   (291 Views)
Yes different users can post images with the same name and they should be renamed as you state. However you can not upload an image with the same name if you have already done so and give msgbox that duplicate image name pls check image name and image size is not larger then 13kb. You got it
Error in upload Dundas   (226 Views)
They can help to decide this error me. Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400' Expected statement /news1/arquivos/adm/upload2.asp, line 26 "SaveToMemory" ^ It sees in red what it has in line 26 "SaveToMemory" strNome = objUpload.Form("Nome") intItem = objUpload.Form("selItems") Below complete code of the page. Code:
Letting users upload photos   (261 Views)
I was thinking about a site that allows users to upload photos to the site. Obviously FTP is involved and like say yahoo they would have to fill out forms to do this etc. What I was wondering was, how do I go about adding this feature Is there a tutorial somewhere. Is it easy / difficult to do n peter evans
ASP upload problem   (247 Views)
hi , i got an asp page i used to upload file into a specific path, but when i try to upload a power point slide size around 17mb, an error message come out, before that i upload an .rar file size around 7m,its going smooth, can anyone tell me what is the problem,below is my coding for upload uploadform.asp Code: Enter your fullname: Select a file to upload: Save To:   Disk    Database  here coding is uploadexmple.asp Code: here is coding for upload.asp Code:
Error when using shadow uploader   (386 Views)
I have a login page where user enters his username password i verify if he is a valid user or not if he is i redirect him to a diff page and in querystring i transfer 3 variables ok I get the 3 variables on that page then i have 3 radio buttons when user selects one of them i display the company name and they upload the file and some stas for the company the client requirement is when the user submits the form it should be done by radio button not a submit button for uploading of file i have used shadow's code here is my problem if the user doesnt upload a file it gives me an error saying Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8' Object required: 'm_Request' /ERP/onlineerp/ShadowUploader.asp, line 27 here is the code for it [CODE] Company Details Country U.S.A Canada International Company name Stats Upload File /> now i have the code for submitcompany.asp Code:
How to upload a image or a file to the Server   (292 Views)
Dear Frnds, i want to know the Coding for to give a Facility to the User, Upload his file to the Server...Like Photo's Please Reply me.
Help uploading test asp page with sql server 2000 onto webserver   (553 Views)
Hi I've been trying to create a test site - The site uses ASP with VBscript and talks to SQL Server 2000. I was able to complete and test it on my locally on my computer using Microsofts IIS 5.1. The website communicated fine with the database on the webserver/network server However, when I tried to save the site from my local computer to the wwwroot folder in the servers IIS hoping to make the internal site available to here the resulting error comes up when we try to open a page with a recordset connected to the database: - Our Error: - Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'AUMBSDDSS\IUSR_AUMBCOMP'. /mysite/htm/test2.asp, line 8 The page calls on an include file Code: From my understanding this was a login error so what I tried to do was change the connection:- Code: