SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Precaching images

I am precaching images from my database and I am using javascript to do this.

Now how do I assign my images from the database into an Array.

I believe that I am on the right track with this, just not positive about the variables I am assigning.

Code: var Images = new Array() for (i=0; i < document.PrtImage.length; i++){ Images[i] = PrtImage; }
PrtImage is the name of the field the images are stored in.

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 02:04:03 AM Total Views:  386
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Combo box of images?   (153 Views)
Hi allI want to show my users images in a combo box has anyopne got any idea how it can be done in asp Or if it just cant be doneCheersken
Export images to Excel   (145 Views)
,I am new to html and asp so bare with me here. I am doing an export feature which works fine. The table is displayed on the webpage and then I export the info from the table into Excel.One of the colums on the table has a checkmark, and when I try to export this field I do not get anything. Can jpgs be exported to excel If not, can anyone point me in the right dirction of some reading I can do to keep the check on the table but have some other value (such as T or F) to show up in the column
images / upload and access   (218 Views)
Good morning, (GMT anyway)I'm writing a simple property site and have now reached the part of displaying images for each of the properties.I am using an access database and would like to either1. upload image into a table field to display.2. upload image to a directory and save the link within the table.I haven't worked with either uploading files or inserting images into a table so theres a good start!then theres the third part... displaying the images!If i upload an image to a file and save the link in the table then displaying images should be simple as I have already used this uploading images via ftp (but this is manual and when the site is handed over i really want to wash my hands of it, not administer it.I have tried to display images saved in a field within a table and unfortunately never actually managed to display them within my ASP!I'm kind of at a stand still development wise until I work this bit out, (long tea break!
see images on mia index.asp   (216 Views)
I've write on my access db my images path (images/pippo.gif) on column image.Qhen I try to see it I've this error:Error Type:Microsoft JScript runtime (0x800A138F)Object expected/prova/index.asp, line 75I post my "read" code: Mod. Canc.
Displaying images from file server   (164 Views)
ok, here's the problem I hope someone has a solution because going to every PC and mapping drives isn't going to work well...I have two servers, one running IIS, the other is a internal file server. I've written a script that takes test info, and displays it back so people in the yard can see it. Now they want pictures of the tests on the test page.The pictures are stored in one of two directories on the file server (everything is internal). I don't want to install IIS on the file server for obvious reasons. I can map a drive to the file server and reference the image using t:\imagename.ext (that works but it's going to be a pain having to map all those drives)I'd like to use the FSO object, get the image, and display it that way. I figure I'm going to have to spit out a raw binary stream, but haven't figured out how.any help Or does anyone know a way to check to see if the drive is mapped, and if its not, map it on the user's system. Scott Heathwww.scottspad.comAIM: orange7288
Working with ASP / Access and images   (122 Views)
Bit of a big one and i'm struggling!I am using a simple access back end that i want to store ID's and images, using ASP i would like to insert images into a database (in the long run will need need to use ASPupload for this, again have no idea on this!), then i would like to view the image within an asp page.Is there any certain syntax i need to display images stored in a table, could i use What syntax do i use to insert an image into a database.Think thats it for now but i'm sure there'll be more!Cheers DaveJam**Getting the right answers is the easy part, matching it to the question is the problem!**
using include file... but doesn't show images   (168 Views)
!I am using an include file () and the header.asp contains images that are in another folder () . the problem is that the file taht calls the include is in at another level. The images are not displayed. How do I solve this problemTnaks
Advice required: How to store images   (215 Views)
,I am building an application that requires for pages to be dynamic. There are several images to be used on a page and I would like to know where is the best place to store them. I have been reading about the following options:1) How to store the image in the database table as a BLOB field 2) To keep the images in a folder called "Images" and then store the link to the image in a field in the database table.Does anyone know about the pros/ cons of either of these methods I am assuming that the second method would involve less development work and hence, be faster to implement, which is also an important consideration.Any ideas/ suggestions/ alternatives would be much appreciated
Dynamically Creating a table that displays images   (268 Views)
I want to dynamically create a table to display thumbnail images. The table should only have four columns, but can have as many rows as needed to display all the images. I am pulling the images from my web server using the FileSystemObject object and I am inserting the file name into the image tag.My challenge is how to only limit the table to four columns while still looping through all the image files in the folder. Here is my code:****************
displaying images   (274 Views)
:I have 7 images and need to be displayed ( in ASP ) in circular fashion. Can somebody suggest me logic using vbscript or by other means
handling images   (366 Views)
I see a lot of posts here and on the SQL Server site talking about having images stored in your file system rather than in your database.I have not had to handle images yet (mostly because I am putting them off until last). But my application will involve users submitting images.I would like to know why seems so adverse to storing the images within the database. In SQL Server 7.0 I believe there are a couple of datatypes designed to store things like images. So I am unsure of what the problems are with storing the images directly in the database.If anyone can shed some light on this issue for me, or point me in the direction of some good articles I would appreciate it. Crystalcrystals@genesis.sk.ca-------------------------------------------------- Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing. -Oscar Wilde
displaying 4 images per line on web page   (236 Views)
hi ,I'm making a database-driven site and i'm calling about 24 images from the database to be displayed on the web page. but i want only 4 images to be displayed per line so there is no horizontal scrolling. i'm not sure how to do this and from what i have tried, i'm not getting any success.i was wondering if someone could direct me to which steps i need to take in order to display all 24 images on the page, but only 4 per lineany tips will be greatly appreciated
Uploading images to my server in asp....   (214 Views)
, how do I create a button on my asp page that allows the user to upload their images to a specific location on my server
Store an images or documents in the SQL database   (204 Views)
Does anyone know how to store an images or documents in the SQL database and retreiving it backany tutorial or a sample code would be much appreciated
Why won't images rotate?   (286 Views)
I would be grateful for some help here. I have two files. One is an .asp file which contains the following code:The other is a txt file called adrot.txt. It is coded as follows:WIDTH 450 HEIGHT 72 BORDER 0 * http://www11.Brinkster.com/stevehigham/banner1.jpg - CMC Investigations 13 http://www11.Brinkster.com/stevehigham/banner2.jpg - CMC Investigations 23 http://www11.Brinkster.com/stevehigham/banner3.jpg - CMC Investigations 33 I can see one (of 3) images only, and the graphic is not rotating. The page concerned is here:http://www11.brinkster.com/stevehigham/testok.aspAny suggestions as to why the banners are not rotating would be welcome!Many
Uploading images through form input type="file" help!!   (318 Views)
Hi1.How do you upload images to Access db 2. How do you find out if you server support images uploading through browser form3.How ASP works with that
Godaddy upload docs and images   (331 Views)
I am a one person operation and was hosted at 1and1 hosting and moved to Godaddy hosting under .NET, thou one of the websites MLSBYDESIGN.COM is still in native ASP, I have fixed most of the issues with 3 remaining. These issues (not much experience here) in the above mentioned site have to do with upload. Please let me know if you can help so I can PM the scripts which were working at 1and1 hosting) I think the mothod of uploading needs to be changed. I beleive some of the scripts depend on "SoftArtisans.FileUp" and Godaddy do not support that however they do support ASPUpload v3.0 did not want to litter the forum with bunch of scripts. thx
ShadowUploader - resize the uploaded images on the fly   (406 Views)
(regarding this thread: http://forums.aspfree.com/code-bank-...res-94647.html) Originally Posted by Shadow Wizard nope, classic ASP has its limits, that's one of them... you'll have to install and use some 3rd party component for this, or better yet - switch to ASP.NET where it's possible using simple code. Could you please tell me where can I find the script (in asp.net) which can re-size the image height and width
Insert images   (269 Views)
Hi I am looking to store images in my mySQL database I want to be able to store them externally from the database, so that all i need to store is the image path address How would i go about this Is it as simple as gettin the user to select the image they want to store and then writing the path to my table and whn i want to retrieve it, just use a select query which will grab the image path and fill it into a placeholder tag or somthin cheers boyindie
Showing images within a access database search on a site...   (308 Views)
Hiya. Having problems with my site when trying to produce images from my database on access. they are bitmap soo there is no hope that they will appear on the site but what i need to do is produce a link through my search that will make them appear. this is the current code that isnt producing results is but obveoulsy i need a alternative to bring up the image and i dont have a clue how to do it.