SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Populate images depending on listbox value

i have learned how to populate a webpage with images from a database.

however, i would like to go a little deeper:

i would like to create a recordset (in dreamweaver) with a drop-down list of my product lines:

product line A
product line B
etc
etc

this is not a problem. i can do this. however, once the user has selected from the list, i would like the corresponding images to be displayed in the webpage. i am not sure how to go about this. tips for doing this in dreamweaver would be excellent.

any ideas

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 02:38:44 AM Total Views:  314
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

add record to database using a populated drop down from a table record   (160 Views)
I have created a web page that populates a drop down list from a database table but I cannot get the selected record from the drop down to be recorded to the proper table in the database. The text boxes on my form adds the records to the table just fine. I need help to find out what I am doing wrong, can anyone helpHere is my code thus far:HCSWD Master Activity Database Entry Form PageDescription:Category1:  Activity Date: Activity: Description2:
text box values to be prepopulated   (158 Views)
I had created application and was working fine.This application has two textboxes. One for file description and other for file name. Now the user is making mistakes in naming the file. He/She is supposed to keep the same name as File description but name will not have any spaces.Now I have been asked to rewrite this application in such a way that file name should be populated with file description without any spaces. And for file extension, will create a list box that she needs to select. User should be not allowed to do anything with file name.I was just wondering how to populate before submitting form. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated
Dropdown populates textbox   (130 Views)
Hi I'm hoping someone could shed some light on the following. I have a dropdown with value=UserId and displaying usernames. According to the selection a textbox will be populated with the email address.This is what I have so far, but my textbox is not being populated. I know I have to populate a array with my recordset, send those values to a javascript function and from there populate my textbox. VBScript:CODE'Assume the recordset is being populated correctlyresponse.write ""response.write ""count = 0do while not rs.eof response.write "" & rs("UserName") & "" arrChange[" & count & "] = " & rs("Email") & " count = count + 1 rs.movenextloopresponse.write ""'Textbox to populateresponse.write ""response.write ""JavascriptCODEfunction OnChange_Name(x){ var Array= arrChange[] document.getElementById("txtMail").value = arrChgbl[x.selectedIndex];}Have I fallen off the wagon or am I on the right trac
text box to populate select list   (216 Views)
Hi I've got a online form with a select list as follows (there is also an option for some keywords entered as free text which i'll explain later)CODEb = b & " "b = b & "Business Type(Use Ctrl key for multiple selection(s))" b = b & ""b = b & ""Dim arrValues, jIf ErrorMsg1 = "" ThenarrValues = split(Cat, ",")elsearrValues = split(request.form("Cat"), ",")end ifdo while not objRS2.eof for j = 0 to UBound(arrValues) if trim(arrValues(j)) = objRS2("Col001") then b = b & "" & objRS2("Col001") & "" exit for end ifnext if j > UBound(arrValues) then b = b & "" & objRS2("Col001") & "" end if objRS2.movenextLoopb = b & ""b = b & ""b = b & " "The values for the categories are held in a sql table called BusCategories so objRS2 relates to........CODEstrCat = "Select Col001 from BusCategories"set objRS2 = objCon.execute(strCat)what i'd like to do is expand the sql table with an extra column, a main category column so my table would look like(for example)Col001 newcolumn IDWeb Devlt IT 1 Computer Sales IT 2Procees engineering IT 3i would have another sql table for related words, for examplerelated ID CatIDGraphic design 1 1Shopping carts 2 1 the user would still be presented with the full category list (i.e. Col0001) which they could multiple select as they do noworthey could use a text box to search, so if they put in Graphic design, it would find the row tell the user to select Web Devlt from the list (or actually select it for them) and insert Graphic design into the Keywords1 text box.I suppose i could do the categories on one page, then have a continue submit button to allow the user to fill out the rest of the form on a second asp page I suppose a good start would be how i can use the resulting search result to populate the select list server-side preferably..............regardsjacq
populate data fields from database based on another field   (292 Views)
allOn my asp page, I have three fields. ID, LastName and FirstName.I am thinking of populating LastName and FirstName fields from database if someone inputs an ID which is in that database already. As soon as someone input data into ID field and tab into or click into LastName or FirstName field. Those two fields just populate immediately based on the ID entered.I just don't know on the same page, how can I pass the ID field data into the query statement. Any ideaBetty
Cannot populate combo box????   (176 Views)
Hi:I am using the code below to populate a combobox but it doesn't seem to work. It just displays the empty combobox. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I know the connection to the db is correct. If I use it displays the first reportname in the table on the page. But don't know why its not populating the combobox. I would appreciate any help.CODE
populate dropdown using getrows   (194 Views)
,I'm trying to populate a dropdown list using the GetRows:varSQL = "SELECT * FROM dbTable"Set dbReponse = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")dbReponse.Open varSQL, dbLinklingAbTab = dbReponse.GetRows() -The result should be:1- yes2- no3- maybeetc.The error I get is: Unexpected 'Next' (After the End If)Can someone help m
Treeview populated from database   (202 Views)
I'm trying to set up a treeview function which is populated via a database. I've got a script for the treeview, and I can sort of populate it with values from the database, but it's nowhere near right!The section which needs the work done (as far as I can tell) is below, and the problem comes when trying to loop around the recordset- I've put stars around the loop function just so you can see it. I've tried putting the loop in various places, but it always comes up with an error referring to the javascript located above it, which controls the tree, saying that part of it is null. At this point, it runs partway through the script, populating some of the fields (sometimes it manages to run further than others, it seems to be random). If anyone could either point out where my looping has gone wrong, or direct me to a script with a similar example, that would be great. Here's the section as it stands:
populate during loop?   (210 Views)
I have a form which ask the user the quantity of equipment that needs to be scanned. A loop begins and creates input boxes to the exact number the user enters. Is there a way to name the boxes as they are being created during the loop so that i can in turn upload the information to my databaseHere is what I have:it doesnt give any errors, but it still doesnt work.
Dropdown populated by previous dropdown selection   (322 Views)
I want to populate a second dropdown based on what the user selects in the first dropdown. I am populating both from the database. I know how to make the dropdowns, but I need a little help with refreshing the page or running a javascript function that will fill the dropdown.
How to populate combo with javascript!!   (250 Views)
I have to populate numbers from one to 100 using client side java script in a combo box..i think it is simple..but iam getting errors ya..anybody please
What is the best way to populate a form with data from a DB?   (235 Views)
I am working with an Oracle 8i database. After executing a sql statement and having a recordset of multiple records, up to thousands I want to display the information to a form.The method that I came up with was to write code so I build and populate the html form at the same time the Next or Previous Button is clicked. This seems rather ineffienct to me. Is there a better way of populating a form So I don't regenerate the form each time The form stays the same, ony the data changes.I would think that I could generate the form once. Then populate the text boxes with the different values depending on where the user was on the recordset.Does anyone know if this is possible Any better suggestions/example
dropdown selection populates a table row   (349 Views)
I have been trying for days to do the following:User selects an option from a dropdown (populated by SQL db). That selection would in turn display a table row with data properties accosicated with the dorpdown selection. Then we need to allow the user to select another option from the dropdown and have those properties added to the table in another row after the first selection, and on and on. This all needs to happen on the same page.I have about a dozen pages with different coding attempts. So I'm not sure if I have any code to post that would help. I'm pretty sure any code I posted would be more confusing than helpful.Any sort of ideas would help, basic concepts, code snippets, anything I'm up against a brick wall
Form - keep fields populated after error   (217 Views)
Problem with form... If customer does not fill in a required field on this form: http://www.quality-america.com/newsletter.html, they get an error message and can click the Back button to go back to the form, however, the fields are all blank and don't populate. Would like the fields to populate with all the info they just entered after getting error message. It seems to be a problem with the template being uneditable but tried changing it and it doesn't work. Any ideas Form: http://www.quality-america.com/newsletter.html.
help with populated dropdown   (268 Views)
I have a dropdown that is popuated from a database..the problem i am having is when the boxes were origionally hard coeded i had: John Doethis was done to main state after the form was submitted to itself...now that i am populating the list by looping i am having trouble with maintain this state this is the code i have right now:Response.Write("" & rs("UserName") & "")i need to figure out how to get that if statement into the loop...it should just be a syntax issue...but i cant seem to get it..
How to populate a combo box faster?   (230 Views)
Is there a way to improve the speed of populating a combo boxI have a combo box that is populated from a resultset but it has 1750 choices and it takes a long time to populate. Any suggestions
Left Frame Menu doesn't populate   (273 Views)
I have a quirky problem. If you click on a link from our drop down menu. It takes it to the asp page. In the inital click, the left frame menu does not show up. There are multiple ways to make the menu frame appear. 1. If remove the file name from the address bar, than the menu frame appears. 2. Click back and click on the link in the drop down menu 3. Go to any other webpage and go back to the main page, and click on the link from the drop down menu. The only time when the menu frame appears is the first click on the browser.
Repopulate field after dropdown selection   (236 Views)
Ok, I know there are a million tutorials out there about population a field after a selection is made in a drop-down, but I can't seem to find a solution that works for me. Heres what I've got: An asp page that is used to upload files to a specific folder based on a persons name. There is a drop-down box that populates based on a recordset that is open containing all of these names. The user selects the name from the drop-down, browses for the file, enters a few other things and submits. My problem is this: When the file is submitted, it's going to a folder with the persons entire name as it's listed in the drop-down (i.e. Joe Smith is going to a folder named Joe Smith). I need to file to go to a different folder. This folder is listed in the same recordset as their names, I just can't figure out how to get it to display in the form AFTER the user has selected a name from the drop-down. I figure i need the field that is meant to display this upload path to refresh after the drop-down selection has changed - how the heck do I make that happen A
How to populate drop down from database.   (274 Views)
How do I populate a drop down from database My Code is: View Reports Reporting Periods   Select Reporting Period
HELP:Auto populate HTML form fields from Oracle db   (229 Views)
I'm workin on a webpage using classic ASP to edit a form. Here is a description of what i want to do: when the user clicks on the edit account_details link, a web-based form page opens with text fields like account_no, account_name, date, type etc. the design i want to implement is when the user enters the account_no field on the form & goes to the next field, the remaining fields on the form should be auto populated with the respective data for that account_no from the Oracle database. Next the user can edit any of the form fields & save it back to the db. How can i implement this.Kindly help!