SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Noob needs urgent help

Hi all,
I have to write an ASP page that does the following :
Gets several fields of data through the url, processes them using a javascript function, and then send it back to another page, again using the url for the data.
for example : I get something like www.mydomain.com/test/test.aspnum1=3&num2=4 , then I have to process these numbers and send a reply like www.theirdomain.com/theirasp.aspreply=x

Here is what I already (think) I know, and correct me if I am wrong.
1. I can use Request.QueryString to get the values of the fields in the url.
2. I am using javascript to process the two by calling a function.

What I don't know (and I know this is funny, cause it's probably the easiest part) is how to send the data, where sending is actually requesting a page with the result url.

Please help.

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 04:36:07 AM Total Views:  520
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

noob question about using databases with ASP   (189 Views)
I'm new to asp, but I have previous background with perl, php, mysql. Currently I'm learning ASP with a database in Access (new to Access also). I have created my tables and all but I'm stuck on how to query the table. I'm familiar with sql statements, so I was wondering if you can access the database the same way as with php and mysql. I.E. Code: Select * From Table Where id = 5. Something like that, or will I need to use Code: objRS.Filter "ID = 5" I guess the main question is does Access accept SQL statements and if so can you give me some examples as to querying the database.
(noob) starting with asp.net   (204 Views)
What do I need to get started with asp.net I have a knowledge of visual basic 4,5, and 6 and a lot of knowledge of html, xml, sql and php. I have seen ASP.NET Web Matrix, is it worth buying Visual Studio I have an xp computer, can easily setup IIS for dotnet or is it worth renting some server space. Should I stat with access or should I delve straight into SQL Server. Once I have the right tools what areas will really show off .net High end rad tools xml integration
noob question - redirect with ASP   (162 Views)
we use an ecommerce system who's webpage module template (which I'm customizing) is made in .asp extensions. I have certain dead links that I want to 301 redirect. I do not want a global redirect. The only code I find is this: _________________________ --- so.... my 2 questions ---- _________________________ where does the above code go for a global redirect No matter where I put it, my page crashes on that line. Even though I'm not looking to do global, I'd like to still know. Second, how do I actually do what i'm looking for (301 redirecting only certain links) *** I should add I do not have access to my .htaccess
ASP noob needs help!   (242 Views)
Hi , first post so go easy on me I have recently started self teaching myself ASP and SQL and have been putting some pages together for our work intranet. Nothing particularly taxing, a front end to our IT helpdesk app and some query pages for our CMS. As we use Websense for our anti spam solution, I thought I would write a stored procedure and asp to check the websense database to see whether the user has any quarantined spam and provide them with a link. Rather stupidly, after making sure it worked, I pushed it live and didnt test in the live environment. So now, by current problem is that when opening the intranet page in live, the script doesnt work. If I switch to test, it DOES work, and then, confusingly, if I switch back to live, it now starts to work (until ie is closed and then the whole sorry process has to be repeated). To confirm, the script is exactly the same in both live and test environments and the user rights for both subfolders of inetpub are also identical. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Script is as follows (again, apologies for the state of it - im very new to all of this)
VBScript - General - Question - Help a noob with xmlhttp.Open...   (304 Views)
I have a ASP script (that i didn't write) that allows me to display rss feeds on our intranet home page. We now have a department with 3 different RSS feeds that i would like to display all together on the intranet page (so the 10 most recent posts show from all 3 combined) i have this code: Code: and then in the body i write Code: How do i alter this to display multiple RSS feeds I altered this line: Function fnDisplayRSS(sourceFile1,xsl) to be Function fnDisplayRSS(sourceFile1,sourceFile2,xsl) and then in the body code i wrote: but how do i get them both to display I know the key is in this line: xmlhttp.Open "GET",sourceFile1,false but i am a relative newbie at ASP and cannot work out the syntax! Please help! Much MUCH appreciated !
plz help a noob :)   (214 Views)
i need to transform this function to javascript Code: function tt(str) tt = trim(str) end function function IsD(str) for i = 1 to len(str) if Asc(mid(str,i,1))57 then checkD = false exit function end if next checkD = true end function function IsDC(str) for i = 1 to len(str) dd = Asc(mid(str,i,1)) if dd57 and dd90 and dd122 then IsDC = false exit function end if next IsDC = true end function plz if someone can do it, i would be very happy thx
Please help a noob T.T   (203 Views)
Okay... my code looks like this Quote: To confirm borrowing this book, type the title again: but for some reason, the only thing that is shown in the localhost is the part... theres no response.write("Found " &rs("title")) ... please help a noob T.T
Help a noob?   (196 Views)
I have an assignment due soon, and I'm really in the dark of how to set this thing up. Any help The sum of the squares of the first ten natural numbers is, 12 + 22 + ... + 102 = 385 The square of the sum of the first ten natural numbers is, (1 + 2 + ... + 10)2 = 552 = 3025 Hence the difference between the sum of the squares of the first ten natural numbers and the square of the sum is 3025 385 = 2640. Your program should allow the user to enter a number between 1 and 1000 and it will find the difference between the sum of the squares and the square of the sum from 1 to that number.
hey just a noobie that needs help with gui   (306 Views)
I have completed learning the basics of c and now I want to know how I can learn c GUI. where can i learn c GUI programming
posting variables in URL - noob question   (250 Views)
HiWhats the easiest way to populate a form with a variable passed from a URLIs there a way to so that a field called "affiliate" on a form can be prepopulated by a link I see this is basic stuff but I wondered do you have to have the field as a variable within the code then or can you just make the text appear in the field some other way without changing the forms cod
What does this could do? Pretty noob question   (256 Views)
Yeah i'm pretty damn sure i know exactly what it does, but i was wondering if anyone could give me a more detailed description of what it is all doing, trying to fix some website for this company... want to make sure i understand all the parts, this ones kind of boggling me. My instinct is that it is connecting and opening from all of these databases and categories, can anyone please clarify
Asp create folder from string value, noob question...   (268 Views)
all, Im using the code below and trying to create a folder on the fly. I want the folder to be named the same as the value in 'strpath'. After creating the folder i wish the code to carry on then it lists the contents of the folder. I can't figure out the right syntax, please check my code: Code: Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ' Get a handle on our folder set objFolder = objFolder.CreateFolder(strPath) Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(Server.MapPath(strPath))
text into a table (noob question)   (186 Views)
ok I recently came across this on a asp website I am trying to edit. Person's Name whenever you click on it, the table would of course update with some text that was created somewhere. The problem is I cannot locate this. Am I just blind or having a really nooby day
Help...a noobie question   (224 Views)
This is my code ####################################### adoRS.Open "select * from table_name" numField = adoRS.Fields.Count response.write("Number of Filed of table_name = "&numFiled) ####################################### my question is.... how will i know how many rows are there in table_name is there a numRows = adoRS.Rows.Count any help with this...... tnx
Help with a webpage (noobie alert!!!)   (248 Views)
, i'm fairly new to ASP and i would like to know how i would go about making a template style border so u simply have to include that border as a bit of code and have the content in it, if you don't know exactly what i mean then go to http://www.programmersheaven.com/ the menu's on the left are what i am talking about, i know it is possible, but i am not sure as to how to go about it in ASP. Help appreciated
hey just a noobie that needs help with gui   (354 Views)
I have completed learning the basics of c and now I want to know how I can learn c GUI. where can i learn c GUI programming
noob questions about main() format   (246 Views)
Weak typing (roughly) means that the compiler or interpreter of the language allows a variable to be treated as if it was a different type, or converted to that type. Strong typing means that the compiler or interpreter doesn't allow implicit conversions between types. Weak typing is often viewed as more "programmer friendly", as a program is more likely to compile i.e. you can get something running quickly. Strong typing tends to require the programmer to take account of the type of a variable whenever it is used (eg it forces multiple functions to be written to do one thing, if those functions act on different types). Hence strong typing tends to be advocated by people who need to explicitly code everything (and know that no unintended effects will occur, due to quiet conversions). Both C and C++ are weakly typed by a litteral interpretation of those definitions, as they both allow variables to be implicitly converted to different types. If you view "typing" as a continuum from "weak" to "strong", then C++ is more stongly typed than C. There are other languages that are more weakly typed than C (scripting languages are typically in this category). There are also other languages (eg Ada) that are more strongly typed than C++.
Newbie needs radio button help   (295 Views)
Hi all,I'm somewhat of a newbie and needed some tips but didn't know how to search FAQs for the answer. I have a form with fields from a recordset that I loop through and two radio buttons. Button value=1 and button value=2. I have to name the buttons after one of the fields in the recordset so they will be unique on each row and I have a possible 30 rows. My quandry is, how to I capture the value of the radio buttons in the next page the form is submitted to since the button names are record names
Beginner needs help with table cells bg color.   (518 Views)
Does anyone know how to change the background color of a cell in a database results table based on the results within the cell Here's what I have so far but it's not working correctly. I only get the FFCC77 color to display in all of the cells. Code: I would like all of today's entries to appear as one color and all old entries to appear as a different color. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this code
Form help needed for noob please!   (674 Views)
I recently updated one of my sites but unfortunately the send email asp page no longer work does anyone have any suggestions the code is: "" Then strBody = strBody & " " & Request.Form("_housenumber") End If If (Request.Form("_postcode)) > "" Then strBody = strBody & " " & Request.Form("_postcode") End If If (Request.Form("_number1")) > "" Then strBody = strBody & " " & Request.Form("_number1") End If If (Request.Form("_number2)) > "" Then strBody = strBody & " " & Request.Form("_number2") End IF If (Request.Form("_email")) > "" Then strBody = strBody & " " & Request.Form("_email") End If strBody = strBody & "E-mail: " & strReturnEmailAddress 'Check to see if the user has entered an e-mail address and that it is a valid address otherwise set the e-mail address to your own otherwise the e-mail will be rejected If Len(strReturnEmailAddress) < 5 OR NOT Instr(1, strReturnEmailAddress, " ") = 0 OR InStr(1, strReturnEmailAddress, "@", 1) < 2 OR InStrRev(strReturnEmailAddress, ".") < InStr(1, strReturnEmailAddress, "@", 1) Then 'Set the return e-mail address to your own strReturnEmailAddress = strMyEmailAddress End If 'Send the e-mail 'Create the e-mail server object Set objJMail = Server.CreateObject("JMail.SMTPMail") 'Out going SMTP mail server address objJMail.ServerAddress = strSMTPServerAddress 'Senders email address objJMail.Sender = strMyEmailAddress 'Get the senders e-mail address 'objJMail.Sender =strReturnEmailAddress 'Senders name objJMail.SenderName = Request.Form("_fullname") 'Who the e-mail is sent to objJMail.AddRecipient strMyEmailAddress 'Who the carbon copies are sent to objJMail.AddRecipientCC strReturnEmailAddress 'strCCEmailAddress 'Who the blind copies are sent to objJMail.AddRecipientBCC strBCCEmailAddress 'Set the subject of the e-mail objJMail.Subject = "Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) Enquiry from www.ivahelp.org.uk" 'Set the main body of the e-mail (HTML format) objJMail.HTMLBody = strBody 'Set the main body of the e-mail (Plain Text format) 'objJMail.Body = strBody 'Importance of the e-mail ( 1 - highest priority, 3 - normal, 5 - lowest) objJMail.Priority = 3 'Send the e-mail objJMail.Execute 'Close the server object Set objJMail = Nothing %> I would really appreciate any comments.