file uploader

Hi !
I've been having some trouble with a file uploader script, the script times out when running, I have tried extending the default timeout length. I have also tried a couple of other file upload scripts and thay all time out too. I can't seem to find a cause to the problem. I have a second server and it runs beautifully!
If anyone has any ideas or solutions, I'd b grateful!

Posted On: Thursday 11th of October 2012 05:20:33 AM Total Views:  192
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

Automatically saving url file on server using asp   (190 Views)
Please suggest a code or method to following : Asp file running on server should open an html file on site say Then save this file on the server.
Limiting the size of uploaded file   (119 Views)
Hi I am able to upload files to my server using free asp upload software. But i have another requirement now. #1) I need to let the user upload files upto 5MB only. Not more. I need to limit the size of the file. This is how i am using the file upload. #2) I have a txtbox and button on my main form. The name of the button is Upload and when i click on upload button i get another asp form which has where i select a file and actually upload the file and after the file is uploaded, it passes the filename back to my main form(i.e in the txtbox on main form). What i need is that when i click on upload on main form it must open upload form with 3 file type inputs. I am able to do this but when i click upload and the file is uploaded it comes back to my main form with the name of the last file that was uploaded. I loose the info about the earlier files (eg if i have to upload 3 files, it gives me the namee of last file and i loose the names of 1 and 2.) Could anyone give me a solution for the 2 problems mentined above. Waiting for replies.
writing to a text file in asp   (188 Views)
I have the following file whatnew.txt on my server! It consists of lines each line hase 3 items seperated by commas like this: item1,item2,item3 item12,item22,item32 ... ... I need the code to add new items to this file using the browser! plz help me with this I'm very new to asp! thanx
Get all filenames from a directory?   (144 Views)
Is it possible to read the all filenames from a directory Basically I want to grab all the filenames from a directory and make a flat file with all the values in it.
asp in .inc files   (75 Views)
I have a file which holds the links for the pages of .htm files with mouseovers. But when you are on the selected page eg projects.htm, I want the link to change images and go dead (ie not clickable). Is this possible
Folder for uploaded files - how could it be hacked?   (166 Views)
This may sound like a dumb question but I'm just trying to get a handle on it from a defensive standpoint of course. Let's say a client wants a Web page to upload some pictures to the server. And let's say that the folder the pictures go into is NOT above the www root (although I know that it would be a good idea to put it above the www root). In order for the uploading to occur I've got to give that folder write permissions. That's all fine and works, but my question is what are the security risks In other words what and how could a malicious user perhaps change the picture files or upload his own files in some way not using my Web page to upload the files as my Web page requires a password, has restrictions, and would not for instance allow uploading an .asp file
importing excel file in asp   (158 Views)
i m getting the following error while connecting to the excel file Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xdd8 Thread 0xeb0 DBC 0x61e6e94 Excel'. /asp/excel2.asp, line 11 here is my code
Searching 100's of html files   (102 Views)
Ok my site is made up of both Database(access) and about 200 or so html files. Currently I have a script running just to search the database. How do I search all of the HTML files for speific text
problem downloading binary files using ADODB Stream   (142 Views)
hello, One of our clients websites allows users to register and then download software using the binary read (ADODB.Stream) object. This works fine in most places worldwide...however, in certain countries that have only slow dialup connections, many users are unable to complete the download before getting disconnected, etc. Then, when they reconnect, they are unable to pick up where they left off. Does anyone know of a better method of doing this using asp (or, or can point me in the right direction (articles or products) for a solution
display a different txt file every week   (109 Views)
I have made up a set of simple tide table files in notepad (.txt files) showing high and low tides. Each file contains daily tide information for 1 week (7 days) from Sunday to Sunday. I've uploaded them to a directory on the server, and I display them on the relevant page of the site through an include file. like so: include file="tides_text_files/24_08_03.txt" Where 24_08_03.txt contains the high and low tide times for each day in that particular week. On sunday 31st August 2003, I manually edit the include file by changing the name of the .txt file to "31_08_03.txt" I have to do this every week and, beleive it or not, I sometimes forget....really. What I want is some scripting so that the old text file will be automatically updated every Sunday with the new file. As I say, the separate text files are already written and exist on the server. if neccesary I can rename them from: 24_08_03.txt, 31_08_03.txt, etc to 21.txt, 22.txt, etc
Help : howto get a fileattachment to work?   (123 Views)
Hi! Here's my code: And I need something like: Session("AttachFile") = Request("AttachFile") Mailer.AttachFile = Session("File") So that my users can attach a file to the mail they'r sending me. I'm using a form with FromAddress, FromName and then File (the file they'r sending) Can anyone help Angelot
Problems an ASP file   (139 Views)
, I'm with a problem that occurs when I changed my intranet server. I has an IIS 4 installed on a NT4 server and now, the server is a W2K and IIS 5. The problem occurs when I need to get the login name and domain to autenticate in the application (is a questionary) using the Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") function. The problem occurs in the following line, because the vs_login variable is empty: vs_Login = Mid(vs_Login, Instr(vs_Login, "\")+1) Attached is the file with the problem. Someone knows what I need to do
How to show file names and open test file in Notepad   (98 Views)
I am developing an ASP application, and my client requires a page that deiplays a list of all file names, - they are text files in a folder on the server. I also need to let the user open the file in Notepad on client PC. Is this possible to do What kind of functions in ASP I should use
Asp file open dialog   (102 Views)
How can i use file open dialog box in asp code. I want to enble the client to search through his folders and select a file for uploading. How can i invoke the windows file open dialog box. Please help
viewing pdf files so slow why?   (152 Views)
Need help!!! Here is my setup Windows 2003 IIS 6.0 My problem is after upoloading my pdf files and tried viewing it from another PC it takes a while before you can view it normally when I was not using and I have a linked to my pdf file normally it will open at least the first page so you can start reading it while the rest of the files being download in the background. How come it does not do this function when I used Please help!! how to tune my performance in viewing the pdf files I' m talking about at least 1 meg of files or so....small files I have no problem viewing it. ezze
Is it possible do a task to lunch an ASP file?   (105 Views)
Hy to everybody,I woulde like to create a task that lunches at a fixed time an ASP File that has duty to create an html file.Questions:Can I, directly from the task, lunch the asp fileIf not, should I create a DLL, or an EXE, orIf DLL, or EXE is necessary, how can I convert an ASP in DLL, or EXEAre the information enoughThank for suggestions, and solutions.Bye Antonella
displaying a certain file on every page   (141 Views)
my site has a standard header, footer and some images which i want to display in the same place on every page. is it possible to use some code to display these. header, footer are the main ones i want to use. in php i have been using require_once("templates/HeaderTemplate.php"); require_once("templates/free.php"); require_once("templates/FooterTemplate.php"); just wondering if its possible in asp
page Count for images. records come form txt file   (119 Views)
Dear all,I am working on a photo gallery wich makes it easy for a person to add pictures without having to change code. Pictures can be copied to a directory. tha asp file reads the files and creates a txt file containing the names of the file. In asp I just read the file and display all records form the text file. I use the following code found on the bottom of this post.My Problem is that I still am not able to get a page count for the images and I am not able to set the table options like: rows and columns.If I would be able to control that genertaing the correct layout would be easy, sample codes I could find was about paging the records from a database, but those codes don't work for the way I created this. Please help me out I am pretty right now.ErikIf objFSO.FolderExists(myFolderPath) Then'The main picture folder exists Set objPicturesFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(myFolderPath) Set collPicturesFolders = objPicturesFolder.SubFolders For Each indPicturesFolder in collPicturesFolders 'check for text content linking file 'if none present then create one myTextPath = Server.MapPath(myFolder & """ & indPicturesFolder.Name & """ & myTextFile) If objFSO.FileExists(myTextPath) = False Then 'first reset string to write strToWrite = "" For Each objFile in indPicturesFolder.Files strToWrite = strToWrite & objFile.Name & vbtab & objFSO.GetBaseName(objFile.Name) & vbcrlf Next 'write to file... Set objTStream = objFSO.OpenTextFile(myTextPath, 2, True, 0) objTStream.Write(strToWrite) 'Clean up... Set objTStream = Nothing Response.Flush End If %>
ASP file not working on different domain but same server   (96 Views)
Originally posted by : David Madera ( have an asp application that will allow users to enter in their information and post that information to an access db within the same folder and pass session variables to the next page for a certificate. This works on our intranet but doesn't work on our internet site. The code is identical in every respect and should work but isn't. Our intranet and internet reside on the same server.
Download file   (120 Views)
Hi , i just want to find out how do i make a file downloadable, like when it gives an option to save or open the file not only open it. regards phindile.