SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

Creating a form and uploading it to sharepoint

Hi. I am trying to create a computer management form/web application.
I am not a good programmer. I use sharepoint at work to do most of the tasks which are fairly automated.

Now the computer management form is designed this way:

Name Type(DropDown) Used(Checkbos) AssignButton
--------------- Switch _ ----------------
Computer name Server | _| BUTTON
---------------- Desktop -----------------
Router

That is basically what the form will look like
When user clicks the checkbox, it should pop up with a messagebox telling to user do you want to assign this computername.
If the user click OK then it should DIMMM the Asign button and dimm the checkbox.
So users know this computer name is assigned and cannot be used.

Now the form should be able to remember these settings when the user checks this form the next time.

So what should i use a database or a text file
what language should i use as i have to upload it on sharepoint and it supports i think asp ... or page created in frontpage
not good with programming languages so forgive me if i act a bit dumb

any help will be appreciated

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 06:56:12 AM Total Views:  687
View Complete with Replies

Related Messages:

creating a closed book test   (431 Views)
Hi all I have created an e-learning site which contains an Online test. I need to make this as a closed book test, i.e The user should not be able to go through the course content ( Which is in the site ). Technically what i need is that the user should not be able to press the BACK button of the browser window. If he presses the back button, and then the FORWARD button then the test page should not be available. the questions are randomnly selected from the back end.I am using ASP and SQL Server 7.0
creating asp pages to go into access db   (346 Views)
Although there are so many projects I WANT to start, here's the one I'm currently committed to!:I need to set up data access pages (or similar!) so that various people can give feedback (mainly numerical) to other people. Very similar to the technology used for rating experts on this siteI see the project as being a two-parter (and, as you can see, i'm willing to blow some points on this one!):Firstly, the quickest way to set up forms to collect the info, going directly into the db.Secondly, how to set up the backend db.I've got about 50 questions, rated 1-5, the answers of which are grouped into ten categories. ie. I need to be able to add the sum of questions one-five to get a total.This wouldn't be so hard, but the form can be filled in by several people, so how would I set up the tablesIf anyone has done this kind of thing before, I'd love to know. eventually I waqnt the access db to produce indivdualised reports, with one of a number of possible pre-typed comments,and some graphical display of the scores, but this is the last part, and collecting the data properly is the key challenge for now.A lot of ASP tutorials presuppose the ASP pages are taking info from the db and displaying it, though what i'd like to do is rather the reverse - filling my db with people's direct input. There may even be simpler methods than ASP for this.Finally, although I'm pretty certain to use the asp/access/iis method (hence posting to this group!!), is there a simple software package that can do a lot of the hard work as i'm up against time I've been recommended ultradev, but really would like some feedback before spending all that cash!many
ASP and creating Exchange accounts   (383 Views)
To a guru,Could someone point me in the right direction in finding information on creating and modifiing exchange 5.5 and NT 4 accounts through ASP objects
creating dynamic list boxes   (375 Views)
Thanks for all the responses i got.i would be really grateful if i can get the coding for creating dynamic list boxes as i'm not familiar with the concepts since i'm basically a jsp programme
Problem creating dynamic Array   (388 Views)
Essentiallly this is the code::: Code: This counts the number of checkboxes in a form. I have a form that has an array of checkboxes. This piece of code counts the number of checkboxes in each row. The problem is that the varible MyNewRandomNum changes each time the page is loaded. I can't do dim row(MynewRandomNum). So instead I try creating a dynamic array of dim row(). When I do that though I get a error of "Subscript out of range" and it points to the line where I'm assigning values to each index of the array (row(i) = check2). From what I was reading "Subscript out of range" means your trying to access areas of the array which don't exist. I'm not doing this anywhere in the program. The thing is that I have another line of code that is pretty much the same as this but it counts the number of checks in each column. The only difference is that the loops are reversed and the array works perfectly.
Dynamically creating html files on server   (388 Views)
, I need to implement the following functionality in asp. I have got an asp page which renders some html onto the browser.Now instead of rendering the html to the browser i should save that as an html file in server itself. Please advise how i can accomplish this.
Asp webpage creating   (378 Views)
Does anyone know an out of the boxproduct or some scripting for customer registration after aprovment they should have to create online one page with some advertizing (picture) and explanation about there small businness. There page should be in a directorie with the name of there business.
ASP / XML / DOM : Problem creating child nodes   (397 Views)
I am new to XML. Please assist me. I am trying to dynamically create an xml file. I can make child nodes, but no grand-child nodes ( i dont know if thats proper terminology ) What I Have: '------------------------------------------------------- Set objDom = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") Set objRoot = objDom.createElement("Articles") objDom.appendChild objRoot Set objChild1 = objDom.createElement("Article1") objRoot.appendChild objChild1 Set objChild2 = objDom.createElement("Article2") objRoot.appendChild objChild2 Set objChild3 = objDom.createElement("Article3") objRoot.appendChild objChild3 Set objPI = objDom.createProcessingInstruction("xml","version= '1.0'") objDom.insertBefore objPI, objDom.childNodes(0) objDom.Save "c:\MyXMLDoc.xml" '------------------------------------------------------- What I would like to do, is have each article have nodes : Title, Score, Age When i try, I get error: Cant have more the one top level element.
ShadowUploader - Server.CreateObject Access Error when creating Scripting.Dictionary   (581 Views)
(regarding this thread: http://forums.aspfree.com/code-bank-...res-94647.html) Shadow Wizard - would you be able to do this without using Scripting.Dictionary Trying to create it causes a problem on my school's server - the sysadmin found an article on the MSKB, but doesn't seem to have fixed it, and it's half-term now...
A "Word" to those in need of creating RTF's   (331 Views)
Not much information to those making RTF's from asp and then opening in MS WORD out there. I am writing this brief and short post as a favor to the future persons seeking a document solution and thinking about RTF. I. Introduction II. What you need to know III. Problems you need to know about ------------------------------------------------------------------ I. Introduction If you are a creating a serious app and using ASP you will come across the need to create dynamic reports and documents that users across multiple platforms can open, and you will stumble upon RTF format. It looks promising as most any word processing app can open it and it will retain the same style. You will search the web and find a bunch of articles that tell you how to use it and you will use it and put it out for use. Then one day you will say "I need to have my margins change" or "I need different document properties per page". Then you will look for days to find nothing or in my case a short blurb on Microsoft's website about the problem you are having. Well hopefully you find this and it helps you. II. What you need to know RTF is open source and just about anyone can use it. Most word processing apps can open it and it will retain the same style. The formatting is fixed and does not change very often unless they add something new. It is easy to use and mostly friendly at that. More that can be said versus MS WORD. Most of the information you need to know will be found in these following links: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q270906/ http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ml/rtfspec.asp III. Problems you need to know about a. Document formatting Is VERY finicky. You MUST have \par at the end of you {} or you will lose the deed effect. \fsN is in half points. in other word \fs20 = 10 point. In fact most N's in RTF are twips which are either half pixels or 1440 = 1 inch = 3.18cm formats. A good point to know when you are creating tables. You must have \pard before you \page (PAGE BREAK). Otherwise you won't page break. b. Document margins when opening in MS WORD MS WORD removes all margin formatting in RTF as soon as it is opened. This is something Microsoft knows about and has no intentions of fixxing. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;239243 Comments most welcome. Keep the flaming off this post. It's meant as a informative post. Will update when \ if needed.
creating 3rd combo box, help! - Page 3   (403 Views)
Am i doing this correctly Code: Refresh
creating shopping cart   (472 Views)
hey I own a computer company and am trying to make a computer configurator so that my customers can custom design a computer from among thousands of parts. Alienware and Ibuypower (www.ibuypower.com) both have this configurator. How do I get it for my company
CDOSYS - creating a sent item   (438 Views)
Is there a way of creating a sent record in a outlook users account. I am sending the mail through our exchange SMTP server. If this cann't be done, please let me know that to. , Thank you WerD for your response. I don't see how this would work. 1. the user/employee could be on our intranet or extranet. 2. we are basically a Novell shop. 3. I am not using microsoft security on the net. 4. The web server may create these email's on a daily bassis without any human intervention. Plus the only record I can see of the email is in the system log, which is not tied to anyone user. So no record is really their to be moved that I can see. Do I assume this is not posible.
creating SQL 2000 tables in ASP   (383 Views)
oks thanks for this! anyway i did try using tables created in SQL Enterprise 2000 and then use it in ASP and it works well. However, I wanted to create a table in ASP. I created a page that asks for a Name and is supposed to create a new Table, not just a new record in an existing table. is this possible have you encountered this I know i can do this in SQL CREATE TABLE Person ( LastName varchar(30), FirstName varchar, Address varchar, Age int(3) ) But how can I do the same thing in ASP >> EDIT: i'm thinking, how about if i create a blank table with the structure i need, could i make A copy of this record and apply a new name to it depending on what the user input Would that be doable thanks again!
creating a customer details page   (392 Views)
sorry for the newbie question Just uploaded my database how to i create a simple page where i can enter customer details into my database. i would like fields like customer id, first name last name etc where the telephone number could be the primary key any feedback would be greatly appreciated
creating labels and textboxes dynamically   (369 Views)
, I am trying to create some labels and textboxes dynamically for an aspx.net web page using VB.NET Basically what I want to do is, I have a table which has all the "pages" of my website in it, and I want to loop through that table and create a label and textbox for every entry i find. At the moment, here is my code:- Imports System.Configuration Imports System.Data.OleDb Imports System.Data.Common.DbDataRecord Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls.PlaceHolder Imports System.Windows.Forms.Form Public Class PagetitlesNew Inherits System.Web.UI.Page #Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code " 'This call is required by the Web Form Designer. Private Sub InitializeComponent() End Sub 'NOTE: The following placeholder declaration is required by the Web Form Designer. 'Do not delete or move it. Private designerPlaceholderDeclaration As System.Object Private Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init 'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form Designer 'Do not modify it using the code editor. InitializeComponent() End Sub #End Region Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Put user code to initialize the page here If Not Me.IsPostBack Then ConstructEditTable() Else ConstructEditTable() End If End Sub Protected WithEvents Container As System.Web.UI.WebControls.PlaceHolder Private Sub ConstructEditTable() 'Container.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) Dim comp As New Components Dim i As Integer Dim dst As New DataSet Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT * FROM updText " dst = comp.get_dataset(strSQL) 'loop through this dataset If dst.Tables(0).Rows.Count > 0 Then For i = 0 To dst.Tables(0).Rows.Count - 1 With Container.Controls Dim Title As String Title = dst.Tables(0).Rows(i).Item("UpdTit").ToString() .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) 'Label column .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) Dim Label = New Label Label.ID = "lbl" & Title Label.Text = Title Label.EnableViewState = True .Add(Label) .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) 'Textbox column .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) Dim txtTest = New TextBox txtTest.ID = "txt" & Title txtTest.Text = dst.Tables(0).Rows(i).Item("UpdPageTit").ToString( ) txtTest.Width = Unit.Pixel(50) txtTest.EnableViewState = True .Add(txtTest) .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) End With Next Container.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) End If End Sub End Class However, when i try and run the project, I have the following error:- Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. can you please help me out
Need help creating a Dynamic Variable....   (392 Views)
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search & didnt find what I was looking for. What I need is, a way to view the contents of a variable. But That variable could be one of several variables. So, I would like to pass in the name of the variable as a string into a function, and pull out the contents of that variable. Can this be done
Help creating Dynamic text boxes in form   (424 Views)
Hi have been asked to create text boxes dynamically on a web site, the user can click a button and a new set of text boxes will appear. The user can add as many boxes as many times as he wants, I have created the text boxes already using the following code. function inserttextboxs() { var tab = document.getElementById("Difference") var tr = tab.insertRow() var tc = tr.insertCell("") tc.innerHTML = '< input type=text id=text1 name=text1>'; } The problem is I don't if this how I should be doing it when I submit the form all the elements have the same id, I need to create something with unique id's so I can retrieve the different values.
Help creating an automatic reload page??   (597 Views)
How can I create an automatic reload page, depending on a timer in ASP code Thank's
Need help creating a form   (402 Views)
Hi all I need help creating a form for my website. I want to use an ASP page. My form will contain a few text boxes for name, a dropdown list box, and will have a "browse" button so that users can upload documents/files. Would also like to add a confirmation ASP page upon successful form submit.